PDA

View Full Version : Renaming a label in 3.5 ruleset

mbielaczyc
October 29th, 2019, 05:36
Hello,

I am currently working on programming the SagaBorn RPG as a ruleset (its based on 3.5). So I am just editing the 3.5 files.

One thing I can't figure out. I need to change the box label "Feats" on the character abilities sheet to "Talents". I can't figure out where to change the label name.

Thanks in advance.

LordEntrails
October 29th, 2019, 21:58
Is Feats a graphic?

mbielaczyc
October 29th, 2019, 22:07
I dont think so. Its this one here:

LordEntrails
October 29th, 2019, 22:14
Have you done a Find in Files of an unzipped version of the rulesets? Including CoreRPG?

I'm on my phone and not much of a dev, but if I'm right you will find a window class object in the abilities section of the character sheet.

Hopefully one of the better dev's can tell you, otherwise I can take a look tonight. I would look for the object that defines the abilities tab and then find the feats window. Tou might wish to consider replacing the whole window class with a new object, so you are not tied to any changes to the parent rulesets. But I'm not sure the pros and cons.

mbielaczyc
October 29th, 2019, 22:53
Ahh thanks! I had not set it to search all files contents. That will make it easier to do stuff in the future. I have found it and changed it.