PDA

View Full Version : Custom ruleset programming

gnujak
October 29th, 2019, 04:51
I was wondering if we can ask questions about loading custom rulesets here? I'm getting an error lading my strings.xml This loads fine in the normal fantasy grounds.
Error loading ruleset xml file strings/strings.xml An error occurred while parsing EnityName. Line 629, position 75 I have looked in my strings.xml and this is the line
<string name="skill_value_field_armorer_munitions_expert">Field Armorer and Munitions Expert</string> position 75 is the "d" in the word and. I tried deleting this line and reloading and I get the exact same error.
If I can't ask this here or we are not testing custom rulesets then disregard this. Thank you.

Moon Wizard
October 30th, 2019, 23:24
Is there a link to the custom ruleset somewhere that I can access?

Thanks,
JPG

gnujak
October 31st, 2019, 00:10
It is a private ruleset that I am working on based off the dnd 5e ruleset. I honestly don't know the legal implications of making it to be honest but it is to be used inhouse for games. I can pm you a link if you would like.

Moon Wizard
November 2nd, 2019, 09:16
Up to you. I can see where the error occurs if I have a local copy and suggest a fix.

Regards,
JPG

Moon Wizard
November 6th, 2019, 01:25
This error occurs, because that line in the XML file is not technically valid XML, and the XML parser for FGU is more strict.

Here's your line currently:

<string name="skill_value_field_armorer_munitions_expert">Field Armorer & Munitions Expert</string>

Here's what it should be in order to be fully valid XML:

<string name="skill_value_field_armorer_munitions_expert">Field Armorer &amp; Munitions Expert</string>

Regards,
JPG