PDA

View Full Version : Does this mean I can't use player drawn maps/images

Gezzer
October 29th, 2019, 04:38
In the known items post I see two entries:

Player image drawing is not implemented yet.

Image folder layers are not implemented yet.

Does that mean that the engine won't recognize player created images? Because when I paste my user maps into the image folder of the test campaign I've created they don't show up when I click on the maps option like they did with classic FG.
I don't want to call this a bug if it isn't. It is funny that the maps in the 5e example campaign show up fine though.

Update: So it seems that the local campaign image folder isn't even being used. I deleted the images in the example campaign image folder in unity FG and when I load it as a local private game it still has the images available for it. This isn't the behaviour with classic FG as the images are gone when I delete them from the folder. So I don't know if this is by design, not, or a strange bug from having it connected to the cloud.

StoryWeaver
October 29th, 2019, 05:54
I just shut down my main computer, so can't test it right now. But I noticed the same, however, perhaps it's just a new way to handle images and maps.

As per Moon Wizards post here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50554-FGU-Playtest-Developer-Considerations):

Tokens, portraits and images can be placed in the matching subfolder of the FGU data folder (i.e. "tokens/", "portraits/", "images/"). These will show up in the Asset View within FGU.

So try out the assets view now instead of images menu item. See if that's where the maps show up.
Maybe the new design idea is to have only module images show up in the images menu item. This way as well, if the maps do show up in the Assets menu item, then you can actually see a small image of them, which would be fantastic!

FG_Wraith
October 29th, 2019, 06:08
I just shut down my main computer, so can't test it right now. But I noticed the same, however, perhaps it's just a new way to handle images and maps.

As per Moon Wizards post here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50554-FGU-Playtest-Developer-Considerations):

Tokens, portraits and images can be placed in the matching subfolder of the FGU data folder (i.e. "tokens/", "portraits/", "images/"). These will show up in the Asset View within FGU.

So try out the assets view now instead of images menu item. See if that's where the maps show up.
Maybe the new design idea is to have only module images show up in the images menu item. This way as well, if the maps do show up in the Assets menu item, then you can actually see a small image of them, which would be fantastic!

This is confirmed. I just made a folder called images just under data, then went into the 5e sample campaign opened the assets (the brown button bottom right) and then dragged the image asset over to maps and it showed up and can be used just fine.

Gezzer
October 29th, 2019, 10:01
So it doesn't work anything like classic even though it has all the same buttons, etc? Good to know...

Moon Wizard
October 31st, 2019, 00:37
Since image files to image records is no longer a one-to-one relationship (i.e. image records can contain 0 or more image assets), we can no longer assume to automatically create/delete image records in FGU based on the existence of image asset files. So, it has to work differently...

Cheers,
JPG