PDA

View Full Version : Antivirus!

Ferzhuzad
October 29th, 2019, 03:22
Trend Micro reported that the FGU exe is a virus and auto deleted it. Luckily going into Trend Micro settings and "restoring" the file seems to have fixed it, but to be safe i put my FGU and FGU data folders into the exceptions list. 29617

LordEntrails
October 29th, 2019, 03:25
FYI, reported issue; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?51549-Trend-Micro-Anti-Virus-deleted-FantasyGrounds-exe

Also, others should expect this with any aggressive anti-virus/security software. Since FGU is new, their is no way for any of the security software companies to know that it is valid software and not some malicious program.

Ferzhuzad
October 29th, 2019, 03:27
I didnt think i would have been the first. Better re reported than never reported :)

LordEntrails
October 29th, 2019, 03:30
I didnt think i would have been the first. Better re reported than never reported :)
Yes, but please search the forums before reporting issues. Especially the known issues post (stickied) and the first page or two of posts. It saves SmiteWorks from having to go through and decipher what are essentially duplicate posts and lets them focus on fixing things :)