PDA

View Full Version : Beta Unity Test Bugs

Inoto
October 29th, 2019, 02:56
Just started working with the Beta and loaded up a 5E campaign to mess around. Found some bugs:

UI:

Assets button doesn't have a Wizards Theme Icon
As a 5E character with 4 languages, clicking to edit the language highlights the rows in an odd way.
On the second opening of the weapons list from a class quick build link in 5e, the simple weapons list was "scrolled up" and you couldn't see some items or links. Image included after text.

Gameplay:

I have all 5E core books loaded, and extensions volos, xanathar's, morden's. After leveling a monk to 3 the specialization showed up and had 6 duplicates of the 3 available default specializations listed. It did not have the specializations available in Xanathar's guide. EDIT: Made a level 3 Ranger and same thing: 6 duplicates of the 2 available specializations and none of the add on specializations. I should note, I leveled up the character using the PHB class and not the classes linked to the other extension books.
In constructing a tile map, the handle for rotation doesn't seem to work. I did have the scale lock on so maybe that had an effect.
Followed the little wiki post on how to make a map: dragged a background asset into a new folder in images & maps, then decorated. Didn't know how to save or if it needed saving so I locked the image and closed it. It is not in the images & maps folder I dragged the asset into and I don't know what happened to it or if it even saved.

Side note, is there an official bug posting thread? I've only seen personal bug threads.

UI Weapon List Bug:

deer_buster
October 29th, 2019, 04:11
Side note, is there an official bug posting thread? I've only seen personal bug threads.

There is a known issues thread, which should be checked before posting about bugs...but this whole forum is pretty much a big bug thread...

Cybinja
October 29th, 2019, 05:02
Working with the battlemap01 from the images library I was messing around with adding FX. I added a rain effect. Then switched back to Play mode and went to move my players Ravina, then Sarah Conner, then Tanner. As I moved each character the rain effect doubled per square of movement per character.

Moon Wizard
October 30th, 2019, 23:37
Thanks for your reports. We're just taking reported anywhere in this forum at this point.

Assets button
We've known about this, but more of an annoyance compared to other items. Filed as FGU-590.

Language field selection
I think that's just the way that the standard selection works right now. The list as an alternating row shading, and the selection provides it's own shading to indicate editing. They should probably be different at some point, but this is the way it works in FGC currently too.

Weapon Campaign List Scrolling
Filed as FGU-589.

Issues with Specialization Choice Dialog
Previously reported as FGU-378.

Rotation Handle not working
I wasn't able to recreate this. I created a blank new image record (right click in Images list), added a floor tile from the Image section of the Saz Asset Pack, changed to Layers mode, selected the new floor tile layer, and rotated by clicking and dragging the topmost handle. If you can recreate, can you provide the steps you followed?

Missing Image Record
I wasn't able to recreate this one either. I dragged a different floor tile to the campaign Images list, opened the new image record in the list, locked the record, closed down FG, restarted FG with same campaign, then opened the new image record again. Please note that the campaign list will only show records in the group that you select, but should show all records when in (All) group. If you can recreate, can you provide the steps you followed?

Timing on FX
Filed as FGU-591.

Thanks,
JPG