PDA

View Full Version : Module access? Also Very Slow loading

Treviron Riaxx
October 29th, 2019, 02:06
Noticing my modules are not accessible, the only ruleset I own is Starfinder, so just wondering if the core book is the only thing accessible/working in the beta?
Since archive 1,2, Armory, Pact world etc isn't downloading so can't really test if the campaign was working on in Original version works etc.

Also, loading modules/campaigns seems rather slow and seems to cause the program to stop working for a few minutes.

Zacchaeus
October 29th, 2019, 02:16
Yes you will finfpd Unity takes a good deal longer to load than classic.

Eru the One
October 29th, 2019, 02:18
I believe only the Core book is available at this time for SFRPG

FerKenobi
October 29th, 2019, 02:44
I Have access to my adventure books and sets as well but they are really slow to be loaded and I'm trying to create a Player here and the Items part is slower than the normal as well.

Kelrugem
October 29th, 2019, 02:50
It is known that such things are slower at the moment :) Moon Wizard mentioned that performance will be looked at after other major things like functionality are done :)

Copernicus219
October 29th, 2019, 03:48
I am missing a ton of modules - PFRPG rulesets as well as lots of adventures.

FG_Dave
October 29th, 2019, 11:19
I am missing a ton of modules - PFRPG rulesets as well as lots of adventures.

Not all of our content is loaded into the update system. As of now the rulesets and a few items for each are loaded. Everything else will be loaded slowly over time.

Copernicus219
October 29th, 2019, 13:26
Not all of our content is loaded into the update system. As of now the rulesets and a few items for each are loaded. Everything else will be loaded slowly over time.

Okay, thanks for the info!

Griz64
October 29th, 2019, 14:39
Mine crashed while loading

ddavison
October 29th, 2019, 14:44
After the main surge of installs slows down, we will likely start adding in some new modules for people to test.

Netjera
January 8th, 2020, 06:03
After the main surge of installs slows down, we will likely start adding in some new modules for people to test.

Wish this was like Facebook and I could replay with a Thumbs Up to this. lol

Incidentally, it seems as if you have to be logged onto the server in order to even make a campaign, is that true? (Or did I miss something somewhere?) For some of us, it's a LOT easier to make the campaign offline, than to have to log onto the server just to access the modules and work?

Moon Wizard
January 8th, 2020, 08:04
Just change the Server Type on the launch screen to Local for your campaign; and you can start it up wherever you want.

Regards,
JPG

Netjera
January 14th, 2020, 08:30
Just change the Server Type on the launch screen to Local for your campaign; and you can start it up wherever you want.

Regards,
JPG

Thanks much! I'll give that a try!

EDIT: I'm not seeing that option anywhere....

Nevermind, I had to actually select "Host Game" in order to see the options.

Bale Nomad
January 22nd, 2020, 05:52
Hadn't been in FGU for a few days. Got a RMC ruleset update when I went into it today, so i opened my test RMC campaign. There were no modules - no Character Law, Arms Law, Spell Law, or Creatures and Treasures.

Checked FGC - got the ruleset update and all the modules updates, and all modules were available when I opened a RMC campaign.

Checked the Updates thread, and nothing was posted regarding a recent RMC update.

What's up?

Bale

Moon Wizard
January 30th, 2020, 18:16
Apologies for the delayed response. I've been heads down working on new networking system.

Are you still seeing this issue after running a new Update? We've pushed every DLC to the FGU patch system at this point, as well as providing some updates to the updater and patch system during the last week.

Regards,
JPG

Bale Nomad
January 31st, 2020, 08:32
Moon Wizard,

I understand being the tech lead on a project. Been there myself many times.

I am still missing some content. My password somehow got screwed up, so I had to reset it. After doing that, practically my whole library of products appeared to get updated, but the files in the vault don't tell the same story. Several of the files are only 1KB in size, which looks suspect to me. For instance, the RMC content I originally reported appeared to be over 13MB in the updater log, but only 1 file is there, and it's only 1KB.

Bale Nomad

Moon Wizard
January 31st, 2020, 08:58
Funny enough, I think I hit the same issue when rebuilding my dev machine today. I filed a ticket with Ryan to get it fixed right away. It appears to affect any user with spaces in their name.

Regards,
JPG

redeyesofnight
January 31st, 2020, 17:01
I've pushed a fix for the username issues to Live, so please update the updater (first thing to update, you can cancel after the updater finishes updating), and then login to your account in settings again please.
This should fix the issue!

Bale Nomad
February 1st, 2020, 03:56
I've pushed a fix for the username issues to Live, so please update the updater (first thing to update, you can cancel after the updater finishes updating), and then login to your account in settings again please.
This should fix the issue!

I followed your directions, but still no RMC modules in FGU. They are available in FGC.

Moon Wizard
February 1st, 2020, 07:21
I was able to fix this my doing the following:

* Run an update, just until FG Updater is latest. (If there is an update, it will be the first one). Then, cancel update.
* Run the new updater.
* Click Settings.
* Enter user name and password (even if it's already there, re-type both fields).
* Click Log In button.
* If login successful, click Save button.
* Run a new update, and wait until it completes.
* Run FGU again.

This only affects users with spaces or special characters in their user name (like you and I both).

Regards,
JPG