PDA

View Full Version : Beta Update issue

DM|Mag
October 29th, 2019, 01:34
Now that I've gotten the right link and found my key and such, I hit "Update" as it was a big red thing, it's been doing it's thing for about 25 minutes. I come back:

"Checking package 3.5E for updates
3.5E updating
Error: Cannot Resolve destination host
3.5E Decompression"

"Update Progress (3.5E): (3/16)"

Please Advise what to do.

Full Log: Attached

deer_buster
October 29th, 2019, 01:35
Yep, database is overloaded with requests right now

DM|Mag
October 29th, 2019, 01:36
Yeah I figured it might be that, but in case not, should post the log.

deer_buster
October 29th, 2019, 01:38
I blame Zacchaeus' proclivity for downloading haggis prep videos over the SW network for the problems.

Zacchaeus
October 29th, 2019, 01:39
I resemble that! :D

DM|Mag
October 29th, 2019, 01:39
Those hill folk and their haggis. Smh.

DM|Mag
October 29th, 2019, 01:42
Hah! I've got prep to do for campaigns, so I'll wait patiently then!

deer_buster
October 29th, 2019, 01:44
Might have been better to release beta AFTER the weekly update tomorrow, like by 1 or 2 days...this might be an ongoing problem

DM|Mag
October 29th, 2019, 01:45
I'll just leave it running on a 3rd monitor and see if it solves itself. >.<

GKEnialb
October 29th, 2019, 02:19
It keeps hanging for me, with this in the logs:

30 Response received: Could not connect to the database
e: HandlePackage - Could not parse manifest: Could not connect to the database

Figure it's the same as the above - would be good to have that in the status of the UI and/or the ability to retry without stopping and restarting.

DM|Mag
October 29th, 2019, 02:20
I ran out for a 6 pack to glare at the bar properly with. Cheers.

ddavison
October 29th, 2019, 02:37
We are going to take the new updater server offline to resize it and then we will bring it back online. Expected downtime is 10-20 minutes. If you can wait a few hours (or tomorrow) to retry that would be even better.

DM|Mag
October 29th, 2019, 02:38
Thanks for the update, will do. I can check tomorrow, have a good night man!

Stadlerc
October 29th, 2019, 02:45
They might want to think about creating an update queue if the servers become overwhelmed..

Zetesofos
October 29th, 2019, 02:50
Error: HTTP/1.1 521 Unknown HTTP status
Beginning Update

I'm presumming this is also a "too many people trying to update" error?

kalmarjan
October 29th, 2019, 02:52
We are going to take the new updater server offline to resize it and then we will bring it back online. Expected downtime is 10-20 minutes. If you can wait a few hours (or tomorrow) to retry that would be even better.

That explains why it suddenly hung on me. I'll wait for tomorrow. So EXCITED!

Eru the One
October 29th, 2019, 02:53

@Zetesofos Probably down right now

Stadlerc
October 29th, 2019, 02:53
If all else fails.. we have discovered that FGU is subject to DDoS attacks threw the update mechanism

Gezzer
October 29th, 2019, 02:54
It would be nice if the updater was a bit more newb user friendly. I more than understand how the servers are being hammered due to the release, But even then, a staggered release might of been a better idea to mitigate that somewhat.
My problem was I waited an hour until it even occurred to me to check the logs. And even then I had to Google to find out what was happening. Not everyone is a server admin you know. An actual error code instead of looking like it had froze would of been nice.

Speaking about freezing, the updater actually does freeze when I cancel the update and the only way to fix it is to close the program. I know betas are supposed to be rough and all, but this rough?

ddavison
October 29th, 2019, 02:55
The new update server is now online.

DM|Mag
October 29th, 2019, 04:30
Testing, and it hung a few min on one ruleset, but completed fine thanks! Will look into it soon as it's late.