PDA

View Full Version : Updater stuck at "Getting purchases from FG Server"

Naurthoron
October 29th, 2019, 00:43
Log extract:

Getting purchases from FG server
3 Response received: Could not connect to the database
e: HandlePurchases - Could not parse purchases: Could not connect to the database

I understand not all DLC are available, but this seems to impact the updater and therefore the possiblity to further playtest.

Kind regards.

nazzy
October 29th, 2019, 00:50
I'm having the same problem. Seems to fail in my update at: SFRPG

39: Response received: 4321064
PFRPG2 Decompressing
i: C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Roaming\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds Unity\rulesets/PFRPG2.pak
PFRPG2 Update Complete
i: C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Roaming\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds Unity\vault\PFRPG2.dat
Checking package SFRPG for updates
40 Response received: Could not connect to the database
e: HandlePackage - Could not parse manifest: Could not connect to the database

damned
October 29th, 2019, 00:53
Very likely there are just too many people trying t do a very large update all at once...

StoryWeaver
October 29th, 2019, 00:57
This happened to me as well, but it held up at another place. Everyone in the Beta hammering the servers wanting to get in. :D
Closing down the application and restarting it from scratch worked like a charm for me.

Naurthoron
October 29th, 2019, 00:59
Yes, it is progressing and failing from time to time. It seems indeed a network / resource capacity issue.
It is however missing the error handling, user should get an error message and possibly retrying several time instead of silently stopping in final release version.

ZeFerby
October 29th, 2019, 01:00
I had the same "Could not connect to the database" issue at some point, closed the updater, restarted 5 minutes later and it has resumed.