PDA

View Full Version : Updater Text Too Large

Batman13
October 29th, 2019, 00:34
How do you minimize the text in the updater? I can not enter my key because I can not select the settings button.

Zacchaeus
October 29th, 2019, 00:35
Can you provide a screenshot?

Batman13
October 29th, 2019, 00:37

Zacchaeus
October 29th, 2019, 00:39
What happens when you close that window?

Batman13
October 29th, 2019, 00:42
I close it, reopen it and it is the same size. Way too large. They should really consider putting the buttons at the top. I have tried to resize my resolution and nothing helps. I just cant click the settings button.

Jaxilon
October 29th, 2019, 00:44
I just got invited and haven't even downloaded yet but your issue made me wonder if you happen to be using 'Scale and Layout' in Windows 10?

Mine is set to 200% on one of my monitors and I have had that cause occasional issues with some software. If you are set higher than 100% you might try setting it to 100% and then see if you can enter your information. After you are done, you might be fine to go back to whatever you are a using.

If that is not helpful, sorry to give you useless advice and I hope you figure it out.

Batman13
October 29th, 2019, 00:46
i checked. mine is 100. i can try to make it smaller.

Hendersonman
October 29th, 2019, 01:10
I am having the same issue

Batman13
October 29th, 2019, 01:16
I switched my screen from landscape to portrate and entered my info and all worked out. It was a pain in the ***, but it worked out.

Jaxilon
October 29th, 2019, 01:21
I just downloaded from the 2nd link they sent this evening and installed mine to my D: drive. Afterwards it SAID it was running the updater..but nothing happened. So, I clicked the FGU icon on my desktop which couldn't find the .exe

Hmm, I checked the shortcut and it took me to the location where there was the updater but no .exe file. So I ran the updater and got this option which looks different than yours (see Capture.PNG) at which point clicking on the "LOG IN" provides the fields to enter my information.

Maybe try clicking where it should be and or redownloading/installing?

Unless it's a font issue that you are having but other than that I think I'm out of ideas to help. I did try seeing if I could tab through the screen but it did not seem to work, otherwise I would provide you with the moves. :bandit:

Hendersonman
October 29th, 2019, 01:31
Thanks batman, I had to do the portrait mode as well. Its currently downloaded my stuff. That seems like something someone would have mentioned during the alpha

Eru the One
October 29th, 2019, 01:33
There were not many in alpha and we had a different installer initially.

Hendersonman
October 29th, 2019, 01:35
Fair enough.

Zacchaeus
October 29th, 2019, 01:38
If it had happened in Alpha it would have been mentioned.

deer_buster
October 29th, 2019, 01:39
Anti-beta user code for the win!

SilentDragon64
October 29th, 2019, 02:05
I just downloaded from the 2nd link they sent this evening and installed mine to my D: drive. Afterwards it SAID it was running the updater..but nothing happened. So, I clicked the FGU icon on my desktop which couldn't find the .exe

Hmm, I checked the shortcut and it took me to the location where there was the updater but no .exe file. So I ran the updater and got this option which looks different than yours (see Capture.PNG) at which point clicking on the "LOG IN" provides the fields to enter my information.

Maybe try clicking where it should be and or redownloading/installing?

Unless it's a font issue that you are having but other than that I think I'm out of ideas to help. I did try seeing if I could tab through the screen but it did not seem to work, otherwise I would provide you with the moves. :bandit:

So I just downloaded and installed as well. Had the same issue of it saying it was running the updater and nothing happened. When I tried to launch, it also said exe couldn't be found. So I ran the updater manually and had the same size issue. Attached is a screen shot. It seems to be sizing based on the desktop size but not accounting for the task bar.

For anyone who wants to fill in the details without switching to portrait mode. If you right click on the task bar, select task bar settings and turn on automatically hide the the taskbar in desktop mode, you can see the whole updater window. See second attached screen shot for an example of the settings window.

Moon Wizard
October 30th, 2019, 22:54
What resolution are you running on that screen?

It seems like the vertical size is smaller than the expected window size for the updater, which is probably what is causing things to get cut off.

Thanks,
JPG

SilentDragon64
October 31st, 2019, 00:57
What resolution are you running on that screen?

It seems like the vertical size is smaller than the expected window size for the updater, which is probably what is causing things to get cut off.

Thanks,
JPG

1366x768

knorbet77
October 31st, 2019, 06:33
I've had similar resolution/scaling issues with the updater. Laptop running at 1920 x 1080, 125% scale = OK; plugged in monitor running at 1920 x 1080, 100% scale = no good (refer images). I'm not sure what the physical resolution of either is of the top of my head but I think the laptop is 15" and the monitor is 23". The dialog starts off fine on the laptop but when I drag it to the attached monitor it is unreadable.