PDA

View Full Version : Is something wrong with updater?

Monkeyboy
October 29th, 2019, 00:16
I can't up date original FG or unity. Just wondering if something is down and if there is a time estimate?

thanks and Game On

evilopti
October 29th, 2019, 00:19
Same, trying to install beta and can't find it

EvilJohn
October 29th, 2019, 00:22
The link in the email is incorrect, you should get an email with the correct link.

davelacorneille
October 29th, 2019, 00:32
Same here!! Please give us the good link! We can't wait anymore! :)

Zacchaeus
October 29th, 2019, 00:36
A fresh link was sent out several minutes ago.

Fargen
October 29th, 2019, 00:42
Thanks for the link. Seems the database is going unavailable for me at times while trying to update/install:
"HandlePackage - Could not parse manifest: Could not connect to the database"

DMZeff
October 29th, 2019, 01:05
My FGU updater is currently stuck at "Update Progress (SFRPG): (12/26)"

I don't play SF, is there any way to disable it so it only downloads the core rulesets I use to get by the hangup?

deer_buster
October 29th, 2019, 01:09
Thanks for the link. Seems the database is going unavailable for me at times while trying to update/install:
"HandlePackage - Could not parse manifest: Could not connect to the database"
Yep, confirm even for us "vets"...

Fargen
October 29th, 2019, 01:45
Closing and restarting seems to resolve the database connection error for me.

deer_buster
October 29th, 2019, 01:45
Closing and restarting seems to resolve the database connection error for me.

You just got lucky

ddavison
October 29th, 2019, 02:35
We are going to be taking the patch server down for about 10-20 minutes to resize the server. Please check back in a few hours (or tomorrow) if you can wait that long and it should be much smoother.

SilentDragon64
October 29th, 2019, 02:36
Once I got my credentials entered the updater started updating. I switched to a different task and when I clicked back the updater was blank. 29612
I got a copy of the updater log, which says there was a database error. 29613

Restarting the updater worked for me as well.

Bloodright
October 29th, 2019, 02:57
looks like the patch server was just restarted.. poor server is getting a workout tonight.

ddavison
October 29th, 2019, 02:58
New server is back online.

Thogrim
October 29th, 2019, 03:09
Hi, i try to install FGU Beta and the installation stucks at this point:

I restarted my PC and tried it about 5 times ;)
Any solutions?

damned
October 29th, 2019, 03:21
delete that file and re-update

ddavison
October 29th, 2019, 03:46
Hi, i try to install FGU Beta and the installation stucks at this point:

I restarted my PC and tried it about 5 times ;)
Any solutions?

That is a big file. It takes about 1.5 minutes to uncompress on my system. David said his system took something like 40 minutes. There might be some sort of conflict with anti-virus programs that leads to the difference in uncompress times. Dungeon of the Mad Mage took me about 2 minutes, so that is the next big one.

Thogrim
October 29th, 2019, 03:51
Ok, then i just have patience (for a ruleset i dont plan to use :D )

ddavison
October 29th, 2019, 03:52
At every try, the updater starts the download again. So i dont know, what i have to delete.

Decrompressing means that it has downloaded the file and is moving bits around. Don't interrupt or cancel this part. Just let it finish running. It can take a while.

Milke
October 29th, 2019, 03:57
My updater got stuck. Now it won't open. At all. I need to get into settings to put in the correct password to login (I guess I had gotten it wrong the first time).
When I click on settings, it says opening updater. But the updater won't open.
I've tried uninstalling the new FGU, but it won't uninstall. When I click uninstall, nothing happens.

FG_Wraith
October 29th, 2019, 04:02
My updater got stuck. Now it won't open. At all. I need to get into settings to put in the correct password to login (I guess I had gotten it wrong the first time).
When I click on settings, it says opening updater. But the updater won't open.
I've tried uninstalling the new FGU, but it won't uninstall. When I click uninstall, nothing happens.

Have you tried going to the install folder and launching FantasyGroundsUpdater.exe directly?

Milke
October 29th, 2019, 04:10
I just installed it again in a second folder and started over. Trying that. Updater was stuck for a super long time. Waiting for it a bit more.

LordEntrails
October 29th, 2019, 04:25
The updater can take hours. Let it run. I know everyone is excited. But their are thousands of users trying to download and update. Give it time :)

Erolat
October 29th, 2019, 04:27
Had the same issue with the SWKARTPACK1 section. I left it alone and started looking for "known issue" post and when I went back it had moved on to another section.

My advice for any "stalled" section is to just leave it alone. Some of the stuff is obviously rather large and/or complex in its packaging. Be patient.

Milke
October 29th, 2019, 04:27
My updater eventually worked. Now I have a different problem.
Every time I open up FGU, it says my username and password are wrong, and I need to change them in settings. I changed them, and it said Login Successful. I saved it. I linked my Paizo purchases.
I reopened it, it said my username or password was wrong, and I needed to change it in settings.
It says it every time.