PDA

View Full Version : *.DLL updates may not work with 2nd instance of FGU open.

Guoccamole
October 29th, 2019, 00:02
BUG: I think FGU Update should probably ensure that no instances of FGU are open except for the Update one. I just updated and *.DLLs were erroring as being unsaveable. So I cancelled the update.

When I tried to update again, I got the impression that the MIA *.DLLs were probably skipped, since several early items were not re-updated.

PS: Is there a quick-and-dirty way to force a full update?

Quick-and-Dirty update, anyone? (FGU won't open now.)

damned
October 29th, 2019, 00:14
Re run the installer.

Guoccamole
October 29th, 2019, 01:15
Re run the installer.

@Damned: TY for the tip.

Because of the beta release, I was able to find the link to the updater download. (For reference: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/FGUWebInstall.exe)

Unfortunately due to beta release today... not a good day to run an update. Installer/Updater is frozen at the moment. So, jury’s out whether the re-install will fix everything, clobber what I have, or what-not...

Guoccamole
October 29th, 2019, 01:56
Unfortunately, now the updater won’t start either. (The updater was hung, and then I restarted it.) I tried reinstalling FGU, but no joy.

Guoccamole
October 29th, 2019, 03:38
Any help for FantasyGroundsUpdater.log reporting:
"
ARGS:
CheckNewUpdater(): True
RUNNING AS FantasyGroundsUpdater.exe
Incorrect File
"
?

Guoccamole
October 29th, 2019, 06:31
OK, I got FGU running again by backing up my campaigns, wiping out my FGU install, doing the reinstall fresh, and restoring the campaign folder.

From a cursory inspection, my LOS mapping is still intact, so I'm going to say everything is working again.
DONE