PDA

View Full Version : Turning on Stances.

Larsenex
October 27th, 2019, 14:52
Is there a way to create a way to turn on stances for a Monk or another class?

I may be behind the times on feature updates so forgive me if this is already addressed.

StevenP
October 28th, 2019, 01:56
Not that I'm aware of. I just make an action for each stance and use it in combat from there.

Trenloe
October 29th, 2019, 20:35
There's no real FG functionally in stances. It's just something that you're in, or not. As such, I doubt that there'll be much (if any) future FG functionality around this. Track which stance you're in however you wish - maybe just add an informational text effect on the creature involved.

Milke
October 30th, 2019, 19:12
I had seen on one of the FG videos for PF2 that there is a button for Actions that we may be able to program in custom made things in the future?
I wonder if that could be made to just add "+2 AC, +2 ATK" and things like that, for special abilities.
I don't know if there is a way to add things like +1 to attack from a bard's song or a cleric's bless or not, at this point. My guys just add a +1 on their modifier at the bottom left (which is fine).

Trenloe
October 31st, 2019, 16:26
I wonder if that could be made to just add "+2 AC, +2 ATK" and things like that, for special abilities.
I don't know if there is a way to add things like +1 to attack from a bard's song or a cleric's bless or not, at this point. My guys just add a +1 on their modifier at the bottom left (which is fine).
Effects are the best way to handle things like this. See the Wiki -> User Guides -> PFRPG2 - Effects page for details.

An example is shown here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50248-Pathfinder-Second-Edition-Core-Rules-module-(not-PFRPG2-ruleset)-info-and-feedback&p=457915&viewfull=1#post457915

Milke
November 3rd, 2019, 19:50
I had never even looked at this before. I had no idea you could do all this stuff. Now I've got effects programmed for just about everything. Wow.