PDA

View Full Version : Starfinder Campaign Recruitment

Transbot9
October 25th, 2019, 20:46
I had a couple of players drop due to scheduling (LIFE, am I right?), so the campaign is on hiatus right now until I scrounge up a few more players.

We got a full crew now, thank you for your interest

Looking For: 2 to 4 more players
Meeting times: Tues or Wends night about 7-8PM Central Standard Time US
Run Time: about 3 to 5 hours
Frequency: We've tried for weekly, but it seems to end up about twice a month
Race/Class Restrictions: None, although I'd prefer no Large sized races.

Requirements:

Fantasy Grounds Demo
DOE Base Extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?27158-DOE-Base-Extension)
DOE Location Extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20794-DOE-Locations-Extension)
DOE Organizations Extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?27169-DOE-Organisations-Extension)
Discord

We were doing Dead Suns AP and got through the first two books, but to fix this mess I am going to have to homebrew my way out of it and pretty much skip book three. Going to dip into a bit of survivor/horror a bit aboard a derelict ship. I'm open to discussing other types of scenarios to play, though.

My swag as GM:

FG Ultimate
Starfinder RPG
Alien Archive
Alien Archive 2
SF Armory
Pact Worlds
Dead Suns 1 through 6

Planning to pick up the Character Operations Manual when it drops. Feel free to ask questions!

The Star Citadel ship Jormurdun was one of many massive starships build by the dwarves to continue their “Quest for the Sky.” Nearly two miles long, this city-ship left for the Vast. The ship had eventual arrived at a white dwarf star and settled in to mine materials from the accretion disk made of stellar debris left over from it’s own destruction when disaster struck.

They were found by a scouting hive ship and were immediately attacked by The Swarm. The battle was desperate but swift – in a matter of hours Jormurdun was full of gaping holes and being boarded. In an act that would normally be considered insane, a warpwitch aboard the city-ship used their reality altering magics and supercharged them by tapping into the ship’s drift engine. The gambit partially succeeded. The swarm vanished as a possible timeline was altered to become reality, but it also took nearly every living being in the system and blew out the main reactor and main engines.

Jormurdun was a battered wreck in orbit of a dead star.

You are the only survivors, having been on a scout ship surveying the accretion disk at the other end of the system when the attack came. With no drift engine, you made it back to the Jormurdun, set up an emergency beacon, and with little air and power remaining entered into emergency cryo pods found just off the main hanger.

10 months later, the cryo pods are cycled and you return to life. Over you stands an android, only obvious as such from the hastily welded plates from a rushed repair job. On his chest bears a Starfinder insignia.

“I can get you off this ship, but I need your help,” he says. “My crew is injured and my ship is damaged, but I can fix it if we can get the auxiliary power for the main hanger back online.”

phage83
October 25th, 2019, 22:54
If its on Wednesday I could join, have not played starfinder at all so it would be new to me.

Phage # 2265 on discord

chronoknight420
October 26th, 2019, 07:27
I can join any day. I work nights starting at 11pm EST. I can let my boss know what day we have a game. They are pretty easy going when it comes to it. I will just have to switch one of my days off to the day of the game. I will message you my Discord

Arkaerial
October 26th, 2019, 15:02
I can play on Wednesday nights, but I've not played Starfinder before.

Transbot9
October 27th, 2019, 10:39
Wednesday nights it is. I'll get Discord links sent out shortly and add a scenario description to the main post. I do highly recommend that anyone playing have a PDF or physical copy of the Starfinder Core Rulebook - Starfinder is a lot more similar to Pathfinder 1 than what Pathfinder 2 is, but there are some unique little changes squirreled away. Starship Combat is a whole different beast but we shouldn't have to worry about that for quite a while (it can be done, it is just very manual and slightly trickier on FG than in person).

If we continue where the campaign left off, we'd be starting everyone out at Level 5. That's probably the highest I'd start out with new-to-Starfinder players, but if anyone isn't comfortable starting that high, let me know.

Just added to the First Post the DOE extensions that I had forgotten I had installed and started filling out with Important Info. Icons don't match but that's okay - it's still very useful and I'm slowly plugging away at adding info to them.

Transbot9
October 27th, 2019, 20:44
Description edited and Discord Link PMed.

chronoknight420
October 28th, 2019, 03:03
I got the Description but no Discord Link.

Transbot9
October 28th, 2019, 09:50
PMed a response.

Arkaerial
October 28th, 2019, 19:38
I'll be adding the channel tonight. Is there a start date?

Transbot9
October 28th, 2019, 21:09
No start date yet; I'm wanting to see what works for people, first.

jdbrazelton
October 28th, 2019, 22:05
I would like to join if there is space! pun intended

Transbot9
October 29th, 2019, 09:35
Discord link sent!

Shakti
October 31st, 2019, 20:55
Is there still a room for another player? = )

Transbot9
October 31st, 2019, 22:30
Yep. Discord link sent. Gotta work tonight so I won't be able to load up FG or talk much on Discord.

BastionRobbin
November 2nd, 2019, 01:20
No start date yet; I'm wanting to see what works for people, first.

Are you still looking for players to join?

Transbot9
November 2nd, 2019, 19:53
Sorry, got a full house right now.

JimGM
May 8th, 2020, 18:07
Hello there, in interested in Starfinder, are you still taking new players?

Transbot9
May 9th, 2020, 17:07
Sorry, the campaign is not looking for new players at this time, and after Dead Suns I'll be taking a break from Starfinder to work on a Pathfinder 2 campaign.

darthhomer
May 10th, 2020, 14:33
I’d be interested, not sure if your full up or not, I’ve been playing 5e with FG for many years not but would love to join in on a SF game

Bosnjak
May 10th, 2020, 16:26
Hello. i am interested to try game. I have never played it before but am a little familiar with the mechanics of the game. If you are patient and want to help a beginner then I am ready. can play Monday - Wednesday from 10pm and Sunday from 5pm. GMT+2