PDA

View Full Version : Weapon vs. Weapons

esmdev
October 25th, 2019, 18:08
Hi.

So I happened to have Tripwire loaded in an MGT2 campaign and it seems to mesh well enough. One thing I did not is that MGT1 uses the item category Weapon while MGT2 uses the item category Weapons. I thought it might be a good idea to use one or the other in both system to standardize. It's not a super big deal but something I noticed and thought I'd bring up.

Also I wanted to ask if MGT2 is automatically updating MGT1 modules when loading into MGT2 or if it just works out well enough that I didn't notice?

MadBeardMan
October 28th, 2019, 17:14
Hi.

So I happened to have Tripwire loaded in an MGT2 campaign and it seems to mesh well enough. One thing I did not is that MGT1 uses the item category Weapon while MGT2 uses the item category Weapons. I thought it might be a good idea to use one or the other in both system to standardize. It's not a super big deal but something I noticed and thought I'd bring up.

Also I wanted to ask if MGT2 is automatically updating MGT1 modules when loading into MGT2 or if it just works out well enough that I didn't notice?

Hi Chap,

MGT2 changed the categories just a little bit. I'm in the middle of working on Central Supply Catalogue where I've been adding more categories, so what I can do is make 'Weapon' and 'Weapons' act the same, this should help. There's a sticky in this forum about changing from 1E to 2E.

Cheers,
MBM

MadBeardMan
October 30th, 2019, 17:49
Chap,

In MGT2 1.0.3 I've made sure any check for 'Weapons' also accepts 'Weapon.

Cheers,
MBM