PDA

View Full Version : Character export?

Jankomatic
October 23rd, 2019, 00:23
Is there a way to export a character to some sort of readable format or an external tool that will read the XML file and give you a somewhat legible sheet?

Thanks!

Trenloe
October 23rd, 2019, 00:46
there's nothing like that which I'm aware of.

But see here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?27390-Universal-Character-Sheet-Printer-for-FG Maybe you could coordinate the community to make the required conversion file for PFRPG2?

YamaShintaku
October 23rd, 2019, 16:54
This would be real handy! For Savage Worlds we have a nice online tool to create characters (https://savaged.us/character/creator) and it would be amazing to be able to import/export between that tool and Fantasy Grounds.

Players often ask for an export of their character since the FG setting isn't always running on my machine and they can't access their player character any other way...

Trenloe
October 23rd, 2019, 17:10
Players often ask for an export of their character since the FG setting isn't always running on my machine and they can't access their player character any other way...
Yes they can. The player can load up FG on the computer they used to join your campaign. Then go to "Manage Characters" and select the campaign name - this will load up FG with the copy of the character you controlled when you last exited the GMs game.

YamaShintaku
October 23rd, 2019, 17:15
Yes they can. The player can load up FG on the computer they used to join your campaign. Then go to "Manage Characters" and select the campaign name - this will load up FG with the copy of the character you controlled when you last exited the GMs game.

Fantastic! I was not aware of that ability. I will pass along. Thanks!

Trenloe
October 23rd, 2019, 17:19
Fantastic! I was not aware of that ability. I will pass along. Thanks!
The gotcha is that it's read only, so they can review only (even if they don't own the ruleset) - but the player can export the PC XML from Manage Characters - Campaign and then exit and load up Manage Characters - Ruleset, and import their exported character. Then they can edit it as needed - as long as they have their own copy of the ruleset.