PDA

View Full Version : FG to Chaosium link

Jankomatic
October 22nd, 2019, 16:38
Is there some link to Chaosium like there is to Paizo, so if you purchase something in FG you get a discount on it at Chaosium and vice versa?

I bought all my 7th edition books second hand so have no PDFs for them. If you buy the hardback at Chaosium you get them free. I am trying to not to shell out cash for something that I "should" get for free.

Thanks

Trenloe
October 22nd, 2019, 16:48
Is there some link to Chaosium like there is to Paizo, so if you purchase something in FG you get a discount on it at Chaosium and vice versa?
Nope. Only Paizo have that type of agreement/setup in place.

I bought all my 7th edition books second hand so have no PDFs for them. If you buy the hardback at Chaosium you get them free. I am trying to not to shell out cash for something that I "should" get for free.
I understand your thinking, but I disagree. Look at it this way - to develop products for FG takes many, many hours - sometimes over 100 hours to produce one complex product. The only payment that the developer gets is commission based on sales of the Fantasy Grounds product, not the original print/pdf product - which usually doesn't give them anywhere near minimum wage for the hours spent developing. The way I see it is that you "should not" get FG products for free, just because you have the original print or PDF. IMO, having the physical products (or a PDF copy) shouldn't entitle you to get a completely new form of that product, with a lot of development time specific to that new form, for free.

Jankomatic
October 22nd, 2019, 16:50
You misunderstand Trenloe. I am going to buy the FG stuff, just like I did for all the Pathfinder 2.0 things. I just want the Chaosium PDFs to go along with all the hard copies I have of 7th. So I am trying to get free or discounted PDFs from Chaosium, not FG.

Trenloe
October 22nd, 2019, 16:53
You misunderstand Trenloe. I am going to buy the FG stuff, just like I did for all the Pathfinder 2.0 things. I just want the Chaosium PDFs to go along with all the hard copies I have of 7th. So I am trying to get free or discounted PDFs from Chaosium, not FG.
Ah, sorry for misunderstanding. Thanks for clearing that up! :)

Trenloe
October 22nd, 2019, 16:56
I know Chaosium are part of Bits-and-Mortar: https://www.bits-and-mortar.com/ But I believe that would only allow you to get a PDF if you bought new from a retail store that is in the programme.

Talen
October 22nd, 2019, 19:27
That would be amazing if bits and mortar covered fantasy grounds as well. I'm a big fan of the program at my flgs! I understand it is not currently and may not ever, but one can dream!