PDA

View Full Version : Pheonix Sorcerer

GM Hedgehogs
October 20th, 2019, 17:21
Is this in any of teh Books, i bought most of the majour ones but cant find the option when making a sorcerer?

mattekure
October 20th, 2019, 17:54
The Phoenix Sorc is from Unearthed Arcana. But its from 2017, which is before the cutoff that WoTC imposed. So the UA module does not contain it. You would need to manually add it yourself.

Zacchaeus
October 20th, 2019, 17:57
Here's how https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?37112-New-Class-Creation-Video

GM Hedgehogs
October 20th, 2019, 18:07
Thank you! Is their any easy way of doing effects for Meta magic, such as extended spell which doubles a spells duration?
Additionaly how would i go about creating this abilitiy in FG, im very new if u cant tell :D.

Starting at 1st level, you can unleash the phoenix

fire that blazes within you.

As a bonus action, you magically wreathe

yourself in swirling fire, as your eyes glow like

hot coals. For 1 minute, you gain the following

benefits:

• You shed bright light in a 30-foot radius and

dim light for an additional 30 feet.

• Any creature takes fire damage equal to your

Charisma modifier if it hits you with a melee

attack from within 5 feet of you or if it touches

you.

• Whenever you roll fire damage on your turn,

the roll gains a bonus to equal to your

Charisma modifier.

Once you use this feature, you can’t use it again

until you finish a long rest.

mattekure
October 20th, 2019, 18:35
There isnt a way to automate extend spell, but its a simple matter of adjusting the duration on the combat tracker once you apply it.

The phoenix power has several different elements.

For the light, thats not automated, you just role play that same as you would role play pulling out a torch.
For the next two you can create a power on your char sheet and add the damage and an effect like this.

The first one you click and it will apply your cha modifier in fire damage to whoever you are targeting.

The second one will apply an effect to you that will add cha modifier fire damage to your next damage roll. Then the effect will disappear.

LordEntrails
October 20th, 2019, 18:36
There is no way to add a meta magic feat as an action by itself. What you can do though is for each and every spell (I know...) add a second spell casting action that doubles the duration (for instance). For the abilities like Unleash the Phoenix you will want to make an action with limited uses. Some of the effects can be automated (maybe?). I think you can add "DMG: 4 fire" or such for the additional fire damage. I think the damage when attacked will have to be added as an action that you apply when hit, don't think you can automate it.

See the 5E Effect wiki for some more detailed help. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/5E_Effects

And of course, though you can't upload the finished class, you should be able to list/post how you managed to get the effects/abilities working. I'm sure the next person would appreciate it :)

Zacchaeus
October 20th, 2019, 18:47
More videos https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?41478-Effects-Videos-for-5E

GM Hedgehogs
October 20th, 2019, 18:57
Thank you very much!