PDA

View Full Version : NPCs?

graz
October 19th, 2019, 20:33
I must be missing something obvious but I don't seem to have a category for NPCs in the right hand toolbar.

Trenloe
October 19th, 2019, 20:39
Look for "Bestiary". If it's not there, enable it from the top of the "Library" window.

graz
October 19th, 2019, 20:42
Oh - I see how it's done. Thank you.

Willot
October 19th, 2019, 20:43
Yeah, its all under bestiary. You could create a category (drop down box at top All, New, Pathfinder 2e, etc) under bestiary called NPCs then add them in there.
In fact take it one step further. Create a bunch of generic NPCs; "Fighter lvl1", "Fighter lvl3", "Fighter Lvl7", "Caster Lvl1", "Caster lvl3" ...ETC and export them out as a module to use in all your campaigns.

graz
October 19th, 2019, 22:50
Yeah, its all under bestiary. You could create a category (drop down box at top All, New, Pathfinder 2e, etc) under bestiary called NPCs then add them in there.
In fact take it one step further. Create a bunch of generic NPCs; "Fighter lvl1", "Fighter lvl3", "Fighter Lvl7", "Caster Lvl1", "Caster lvl3" ...ETC and export them out as a module to use in all your campaigns.

That's a great idea - is there a document on how to record attacks for NPCs? I'm not sure how to define the number of actions.

Willot
October 20th, 2019, 00:45
That's a great idea - is there a document on how to record attacks for NPCs? I'm not sure how to define the number of actions.

Open a NEW Beast by right clicking in the Bestiary window and selecting the NEW icon and get creating OR make a copy of an existing creature (Select one and drag the link down into the list and a copy will be made) Edit this copy to get it the way you like.

Unless there's a spell (Haste?) or something going on; everyone, PCs,Creatures etc get 3 actions. To make the symbols type [one-action], [two-actions], [three-actions], [reaction] and [free-action]. When you close the text window and reopen it the [....]'s will be replaced with the symbols.

If the creature only makes one type of attack then thats all you need put in; [one-action] Fist +18,Damage 1d4 bludgeoning. If it have the option to choose between more than one type of attacks you will have to make separate types of attack to represent this.
[one-action] Fist +18,Damage 1d6 bludgeoning, [one-action] jaws +10 (agile),Damage 1d4 piercing, [two-actions]Spin Kick +18 (agile), Damage 1d6 bludgeoning.
No matter what combinations of attacks you use you ONLY get THREE (depending of feats and spells and stuff). Notice Spin Kick takes up two of your three meaning ou only have one left which to perform another action like Fist attack or Move

In the Modifiers window (in the top right buttons) you will find toggles for #2nd ATK and #3rd ATK. Click these toggle buttons to get the two attacks at their penalties.
I dragged them down to the shortcuts bar (bottom of screen) for easier access.