PDA

View Full Version : Multiplicative Damage on a Crit

michaelm1121
October 18th, 2019, 00:28
Hi,

For our Homebrew campaign, I have been given a sword which when I crit, instead of double dice damage it is multiplicative. Is there a way to create d8*d8 on crit? Appreciate any direction on this.

Michael

Zacchaeus
October 18th, 2019, 01:20
Hi michaelm welcome to FG.

I don’t think there is in the 5e ruleset. Some other rulesets have dice strings that might do this kind of thing but not 5e.

And I can’t really think of a way you could do it with any kind of work around. I fear that you may well have to work it out manually.

LordEntrails
October 18th, 2019, 02:37
Roll the first d8, see the results and then roll that many new d8 and apply that as damage? Though multiplying it in your head might be faster, though not dragable.

Trenloe
October 18th, 2019, 03:26
You can kind-of do this manually, but it's a bit of a faff. Roll the 1d8 first for the number of extra dice. Then, on the PC actions tab, open the Weapons header meta info window (click the magnifying glass in the Weapons header). Then change the "Extra Critical Dice" field for the relevant attack type (Melee or Ranged). Note that with this set to 0 you will get 1 extra dice when rolling critical damage. So, if you rolled an 8 on your 1d8 manual roll, enter 7 in here before rolling critical damage to have the base dice rolled and 8 critical damage dice rolled.

LordEntrails
October 18th, 2019, 06:00
Or, you could make a rollable table, with 1-8 and each one then having the corresponding number of damage dice...