PDA

View Full Version : Help adding additional damage & types to weapons

dplehwalder
October 16th, 2019, 21:41
I am trying to make a weapon that has additional damage of acid.

For example I want a Light Mace that does 1d4 of Acid Damage. Additionally I would like to know how to add persistent damage if possible.

I can figure out how to add additional acid damage once a player has the item, but I want to build it that way in the Library.

What would I put in the fields?
Damage: 1d4 ???
Damage Type: bludgeoning ???

Thanks for any advice!

xscapebb
October 16th, 2019, 21:52
you can't "build an item" like you are describing...

However, you can accomplish this by creating an EFFECT and applying that to the character with this weapon in the Combat Tracker...
DMG: 1d4 acid
And then when the PC hits a target and you want to apply persistent damage to the target, you can apply an EFFECT to the target in the Combat Tracker...
PERS: 2 acid

Trenloe
October 16th, 2019, 21:55
There's no functionality to do that yet. It will need to be manually adjusted after being added to the PC - you can add extra damage entries to the weapon in the actions tab.

Trenloe
October 16th, 2019, 22:29
Looking at the old 3.5E code - there's a lot in there for handling double-weapons that look at different damage and damage types. So I've quickly experimented and made some changes to process a delimiter of "/" for damage and damage type:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29424

Lots of testing so that it doesn't break what's there, and also lots to consider, but it looks promising... Maybe coming to a ruleset near you soon... ;)

xscapebb
October 16th, 2019, 22:31
very nice

dplehwalder
October 16th, 2019, 23:38
Thanks everyone, that answers my questions!

Trenloe I just have to say that you vastly exceeded any expectation on responses, such a feature would be much loved by me and thanks for actually looking into it!

Trenloe
October 21st, 2019, 01:46
Thanks everyone, that answers my questions!

Trenloe I just have to say that you vastly exceeded any expectation on responses, such a feature would be much loved by me and thanks for actually looking into it!
The functionality shown above (using a / as delimiter for the Damage and Damage Type fields) should be out with release 8 - hopefully on Tuesday. I've updated the Wiki item page with this and a couple of other changes: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/PFRPG2_Item_Sheet#PFRPG2_Item_Sheet