PDA

View Full Version : 5E Enhancer

Pages : [1] 2

StoryWeaver
October 15th, 2019, 18:43
5E Enhancer

Current Version: v0.10.1.

An extension I'm writing to improve D&D 5E in Fantasy Grounds Unity.

Design Goals

A rewritten minimalist streamlined version of the original 5E Combat Enhancer Classic (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?47146-5e-Combat-Enhancer-(built-on-retired-GPL-Advanced-Kombat-extension)) including a number of broader ranged improvements for playing 5E, written for Fantasy Grounds Unity.

This extension is not intended for backwards compatibility with FGC. While some features may work, others may not or not as intended. There is no testing done or support for its use in FGC.

While one of the design goals is to have a small as possible footprint. This extension is very large and complex, and therefore touches on numerous functionalities.
I am not able to put extra work into making sure it is compatible with other extensions, doing so would become an endless task and the extension already does and has taken countless of hours to develop.

Licensing

This product (extension) and code is privately licensed and belongs to myself only, and I reserve all the rights, including the right to pull this product at any time.
It is only distributed via my GitHub page, where you are currently free to download and use it with your games in Fantasy Grounds.

While there are no immediate plans to remove this extension from free usage. I am placing this here to protect my rights and so its usage and the circumstances of its distribution are transparent.

Detailed licensing on the GitHub page and/or in the extension.

Status

Not under active development.

Due to some real life changes I'm unable to continue to develop the extension.
If any of you, that are able to work independently, would be interested to be added as collaborators to the project on GitHub.
With the intent to keep it up to date and continue to develop and add to it, to make 5E in FGU the best it can be.
Then send me a PM and I'll get you set up. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.png

Installing

GitHub link: https://github.com/StyrmirThorarins/FG-5E-Enhancer (https://github.com/StyrmirThorarins/FG-5E-Enhancer)

1) Open the folder "Extension files (complete extension)" to download the latest version of the complete extension.
Or one of the its sub-extensions from here "Extension files (sub-extensions)" folder.

2) Copy the extension file/s to your extension folder (example: Fantasy Grounds Unity\Data\extensions\ [place file here] ).

3) Enable the '5E Enhancer v?_?_?' extension/s for your campaign in Fantasy Grounds.

Helping Out / Supporting :)

I've spent countless hours working on and writing the code used in this extension, since the start of its independent precursor the 5E Combat Enhancer Classic in December of 2018.

If you enjoy the extension and would like to show your appreciation or support future development of it. There's a couple of things you could do.

1) It would help me a lot if you "starred" the GitHub project by clicking the star to the right of the project name on the GitHub page of the project.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/StyrmirThorarins/FG-5E-Enhancer/master/Demo%20Images/GitHub%20Star.jpg

2) If you would like to send me a donation or contribution for my work on this extensions. Here is a direct PayPal link that you can use to buy me a beer, meal or something of the sort.
https://www.paypal.me/StyrmirDonationBox

https://www.paypalobjects.com/webstatic/mktg/logo-center/PP_Acceptance_Marks_for_LogoCenter_150x94.png
(https://www.paypal.me/StyrmirDonationBox)

StoryWeaver
October 15th, 2019, 18:44
If you want to report a bug then please use this template.

Bug Report

Are you using Fantasy Grounds Unity? (I only support FGU with this extension. If you're using FG classic I'll refer you to the finalized version of my 5E Combat Enhancer (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?47146-5e-Combat-Enhancer-(built-on-retired-GPL-Advanced-Kombat-extension) extension instead.)

Is your FG software up to date?

Do you have the latest version of the extensions installed? (You can see the most up to date version number in the first post on page 1, the version number is printed in FG on start in the chat.)

Please post the console error printout here:
(This is the error log window text. It can be opened by typing '/console' in the FG text window if it didn't open by itself. Also if there are no output errors, state that here.)

If you create a new (clean) campaign, with ONLY the 5E Enhancer extensions enabled, does the error still occur?

Can you recreate the error consistently?

What are the precise steps to recreating the error?

Does this always happen?

Does this only happen when using a specific module, map, NPC, PC, weapon, etc.?
(The more in depth information on which these are the better.)

Do you have a screenshot you could share?

Any further information that could help to replicate and trace the error?

StoryWeaver
October 15th, 2019, 18:45
Menu Options '5E Enhancer, Battle Map Settings'

- Actor health widget conditions: Enable widgets on tokens that indicate their health, such as blood skulls.
- Automatic range modifiers: Enable range messages and automatic disadvantage on long ranges.
- Blood on tokens: Draw blood marks on tokens as their health deteriorates.
- Blood pools on death: Draw blood pools underneath tokens on death.
- Horizontal health bars: Enable horizontal health bars over tokens. 5 options available: Off | Left aligned, default height | Left aligned, taller | Centered, default height | Centered, taller.
- Larger health dots: Enable larger health dots for tokens. 3 options available: FGU Default size | Larger | Largest.
- Lock token rotation to Alt + Mouse Wheel: With this enabled the tokens only rotate if you're holding down the alt button while scrolling the mouse wheel over them.
- Range rules to use: Select how to calculate ranges for automatic range modifiers. Standard, the default recommended. Actual pixel distance between the edges of the boxes surrounding the tokens divided by 5 for the width of the hexes you've set. RAW, rules as written, not tested fully.
Ranged in melee modifier (for medium sizes and smaller only): When enabled it adds a disadvantage for ranged attacks while there is an active enemy in melee range, if the attacker does not have the crossbow feat.
- Saving throw graphics: Adds saving grapical indicators for if a target succeeds of fails a saving throw. (use '/dsave' in the chat to delete these markers afterwards)
- Show faction/space underlay: Shows or hides the underlay added for tokens faction (friend/foe/neutral)
- Skipt CT actors that haven't rolled initiative: When enabled the CT will skip entries in the CT, without rolled initiatives or initiatives of 0, when the Next Actor / End Turn button is pressed.
- Skull or cross on actor death: Select the graphic to display on a token on your map when the actor drops to 0 hp's. Actor health widgets need to be enabled.
- Token deletion button combination: Select the button and mouse button combination to use for deleting tokens from the map and the CT. Added for mac users as it was easy to accidentally delete tokens with the default PC configuration.
- Token height font size: Determines the size of the fonts to use when drawing height widgets on tokens.
- Token underlay for CT active actor (DM only): Draws only the underlay of the active token on the map, clears all others. Re-add tokens to refresh. While this option is on it will remove all underlays and reach drawings for all tokens. Only the active token will get an underlay to highlight them for the DM.
- Token underlay opacity (DM only): Select the opacity of token underlays.
- Token underlay size (DM only): Select the size of the token underlay to draw.
- Use flanking rules (for medium sizes and smaller only): If enabled automatically adds the modifier you select to flanking attacks to mediums sized and smaller targets. Also considers height differences of the tokens.

Menu Options '5E Enhancer, Window Resizing'

- New menu options that enable you to change your default window sizes for a lot of different types.

Chat Macro Commands

- /dsave : delete save graphics from all tokens

StoryWeaver
October 15th, 2019, 18:45
Features, Combat

- Delete tokens from map and CT with single mouse click.
Alt + left mouse-click on token on map, deletes the token from the map.
Alt + Ctrl + left mouse-click on token on map, deletes the token from the map and from the CT.
- Add height widget to a token (DM only).
Shift + mouse Scroll on top of token.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/StyrmirThorarins/FG-5E-Enhancer/master/Demo%20Images/Height%20Widgets.jpg
- Horizontal health bars, lightly transparent. Toggable in menu. Select health for tokens to be displayed as bars, select 'Combat Enhancer 5E > Horizontal health bars > On'. Add token from CT for new health bar.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/StyrmirThorarins/FG-5E-Enhancer/master/Demo%20Images/Horizontal%20Health%20Bars.jpg
- Larger health dot graphics for tokens. Toggable in menu. Add token from CT for new health dot.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/StyrmirThorarins/FG-5E-Enhancer/master/Demo%20Images/Health%20dot%20sizes.jpg
- Automatic range finding from ranged attack. Toggable in menu. Disadvantage for medium to max range added automatically, sharpshooter feat negates this. Message output to chat.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/StyrmirThorarins/FG-5E-Enhancer/master/Demo%20Images/Ranged%20attack.jpg
- 'Reach underlay' and 'Faction/space underlay' made as toggle switches in the menu items. Re-add tokens to update.
- Active actor on CT token underlay made as toggle switches in the menu items. Clears all other underlays than the current actor.
- When an effect is dropped on a target in the CT or on a CT linked token on the map. If that target already has that effect, then it is removed from the target instead.
- Changeable opacity underlay for active actor. Controllable by menu item.
- Size of active actor underlay either full or half reach. Controllable by menu item.
- Blood splatters on token when taking damage. Controllable by menu item.
- Blood pools on tokens on death. Controllable by menu item.
- Add X or skull or no graphics onto token on death. Controllable by menu item.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/StyrmirThorarins/FG-5E-Enhancer/master/Demo%20Images/Blood%20on%20token%2C%20skull%20or%20cross%20on%20 death.jpg

StoryWeaver
October 15th, 2019, 18:46
Features, Interface

- Content Share, allows you and your players to right click on spells, character feats, features and traits and post the descriptive text directly to the chat text by selecting the new 'Post Text in Chat' menu option at the bottom.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/StyrmirThorarins/FG-5E-Enhancer/master/Demo%20Images/Post%20Text%20in%20Chat.jpg
- New menu options in your settings, under '5E Enhancer, Window Resizing'.
Set as default window sizes on activation. But you can enable larger windows for any or all windows from the window menu.
Resizes windows on the fly to whatever setting you choose.
You can return to the default window sizes at any time.
If a window has been resized manually and is therefore in the 'windowstate.xml' file of your campaign, that takes precedence over the extension. This enables you to manually configure any windows you'd like.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/StyrmirThorarins/FG-5E-Enhancer/master/Demo%20Images/Window%20Resizing.jpg

StoryWeaver
October 15th, 2019, 19:07
[reserved]

StoryWeaver
October 15th, 2019, 19:23
[reserved]

StoryWeaver
October 15th, 2019, 19:49
[reserved]

StoryWeaver
October 15th, 2019, 19:49
[reserved]

StoryWeaver
October 15th, 2019, 20:20
[reserved]

StoryWeaver
October 15th, 2019, 20:21
[reserved]

Frank_Jager
October 22nd, 2019, 19:53
Stymir...

You the man.

Function Alpha state. :D

And with the widerspread Beta only 6 days away.

You the Man!

JohnQPublic
October 23rd, 2019, 04:33
Yay. I was worried about losing this one with the switch to Unity. Looking forward to trying it out and seeing what you can do with it.

paladiusdarkhelm
October 24th, 2019, 14:40
It created a free GIT account, but it told me I couldn't star it at this time? :-(

MrDDT
October 24th, 2019, 16:25
It created a free GIT account, but it told me I couldn't star it at this time? :-(

You must goto your email and verify it.

StoryWeaver
October 24th, 2019, 18:40
Thank guys! :)

StoryWeaver
October 24th, 2019, 18:41
New version release, 5E Enhancer v0.3.2.

v0.3.2 (October 24th, 2019)
- Added code for window resizing. (scripts/window_resize.lua)
- Added menu items for window resizing. (5E Enhancer, Window Resizing)
- Changed menu name for battle map menu options for the extension, from '5E Enhancer' to '5E Enhancer, Battle Map Settings'.

StoryWeaver
October 29th, 2019, 04:34
I have to keep things vague due to the NDA.

But I'm aware of a few issues and an error message when running the extension under FGU Beta.

The source of the error message on start has been fixed, and I'll be looking into the other issues when I get the time.

I'll push a new release when ready.

ps. Keep in mind that while things are in beta some features may be awaiting implementation on the client until fully functional, or may behave erratically until things take their final form upon the official release.

StoryWeaver
October 30th, 2019, 02:56
As I now have a working version of FGU Beta in my hands I've updated the extension as needed for it to work there without as much fault as possible.
Certain functionality is awaiting changes in the FGU Beta before they will work properly.

New version release, 5E Enhancer v0.3.3.

v0.3.3 (October 30th, 2019)
- Bug: Missing element error message in Unity console. Fixed. Removed reference to missing element, "graphics/graphics_radial.xml" in extension.xml.
- Removed debug messages to chat for "Post Text in Chat". (scripts/content_share.lua)
- Larger health dot resized and repositioned. (scripts/health_graphics.lua: drawLargerHealthDot)
- Horizontal health bar resized and repositioned. (scripts/health_graphics.lua: updateHealthBarScale)

StoryWeaver
November 23rd, 2019, 19:11
New version release, 5E Enhancer v0.4.0

v0.4.0 (November 23rd, 2019)
- Added more menu option alternatives for 'Horizontal health bars'. 5 options available: Off | Left aligned, default height | Left aligned, taller | Centered, default height | Centered, taller.(scripts/health_graphics.lua: updateHealthBarScale)
- Rewriting of horizontal health bar scaling code. (scripts/health_graphics.lua: updateHealthBarScale)
- Added more menu option alternatives for 'Large health dots, settings'. 3 options available: FGU Default size | Larger | Largest. (scripts/health_graphics.lua: drawLargerHealthDot)
- Rewriting of larger health dot scaling code. (scripts/health_graphics.lua: drawLargerHealthDot)
- Maximum health dot size defined. (scripts/health_graphics.lua: drawLargerHealthDot)
- Removed all references for ruleset icons, only extension ones left. (graphics/graphics_icons.xml)
- Fixed missing folder from save graphics reference path. (graphics/graphics_icons.xml)

The extension may well work with FG Classic but it is not supported nor tested for FGC.

StoryWeaver
November 24th, 2019, 15:15
The health widget scaling is spot on for a 100x100 px grid size, but seems to go a bit off when on larger or smaller grids.
I'll look into it more when I get some more free time.

Three of Swords
November 30th, 2019, 00:30
I haven't been active on the forums for a while now, but I logged in to see the status of FGU and to see if this extension was going to be updated for FGU. Fortunately it is! Thank you, Styrmir. I already donated, but I may have to do so again because of this.

StoryWeaver
November 30th, 2019, 00:46
Thank you Three of Swords, always appreciated and helps to keep me motivated!

The extension is still in its early days (hence the < 1 version number), as FGU is still in beta and not all functionality in its final form yet. Still waiting on optimization as well as currently each restart to test a few new lines of codes out takes me 1-2 minutes. Which adds up very quickly I can tell you *laughs*.

But you can see the current roadmap on the GitHub readme if you're curious.

It's the main extension I use when I play my own D&D 5E games, and the way I want to run my games. And as I will be moving all my games over to FGU at first chance I am rewriting this new privately licensed extension from scratch to take the classic ones place.

Always great to see people enjoying my work and my contributions to the community!

StoryWeaver
December 4th, 2019, 12:26
Widget scaling and placement is behaving differently in FGC and FGU. The original scaling code demonstrates the same scaling issues in FGU, while working in FGC.
This might be a FGU bug, so I'm having to wait to see if this stabilizes with patching.

Moon Wizard
December 5th, 2019, 03:09
FGU token widget placement/size is based on percentage of token size. (Ie 100 = 100%; 50 = 50%)

Regards,
JPG

StoryWeaver
December 6th, 2019, 14:32
Thanks Moon Wizard.

As widget.getSize() returns the pixel dimensions of the token. I had therefore assumed that bitmapwidget.setSize(x, y, [clipanchor]) did the same. The documentation wasn't quite clear on what the (number) parameters represented for that latter function.

But I've made some changes to the way the code works due to this, and now everything works at it should, many thanks!

Moon Wizard
December 6th, 2019, 20:03
We decided to change it in FGU, because we constantly had problems with figuring out the correct token widget sizing in FGC due to all the scaling factors (zoom, map graphic size, map grid size, token graphic size, token grid size, bitmap widget graphic size).

By specifying a percentage size, it gives the final widget size a reference point not based on graphic sizes.

Regards,
JPG

StoryWeaver
December 6th, 2019, 23:24
That makes sense to me, sounds like a much better way to do it.

StoryWeaver
December 29th, 2019, 14:51
New version released v0.5.0

v0.5.0 (December 29th, 2019)
- Rewrote range finding code. It will now be the same as the range on the target arrow, as long as both tokens are inside a grid box. (scripts/automatic_range_modifier/range_finder.lua: getRange | scripts/ranged_attack_modifier.lua: getRangeModifier5e)
- Some changes to output text for ranged attacks. (scripts/ranged_attack_modifier.lua: getRangeModifier5e)
- Token health widget scaling for different grid and actor sizes fixed. Uses CT actor size descriptor text (tiny/small/medium/large/huge/gargantuan) to determine horizontal health bar width. (scripts/health_graphics.lua)

StoryWeaver
January 4th, 2020, 20:20
New version released v0.6.0

v0.6.0 (January, 4th, 2020)
- When an effect is dropped on a target in the CT or on a CT linked token on the map. If that target already has that effect, then it is removed from the target instead. (scripts/token_effects_handler.lua, scripts/helper_functions.lua)

TheoGeek
January 6th, 2020, 17:33
Also just chiming in. I absolutely love this extension, and use it all the time. I've also donated. :) And I even use it with FG Classic. It does not conflict with my Improved Critical extension which is awesome. The only real issues I have run into (besides trying to use functionality that isn't there yet...hehe) are related to conflicts with the Advanced Effects extension, but I'm a software engineer in real life so I use those conflicts as exercises in figuring out the LUA code and scripting and what not.

Keep up the awesome work!

StoryWeaver
January 7th, 2020, 02:16
Thank you TheoGeek, much appreciated! :)

I'm in the middle of working on v0.7.0 now, which should add blood on tokens on damage thresholds, skulls or crosses on token death, varied opacity for active actor underlays (DM only), varied underlay sizes (DM only), fixing of an error that was accidentally left on 0.6.0 push (clicking on tokens may cause an error), and possibly even blood pools on token death.
All this comes with a number of new menu option settings as well to allow users to modify these things to the way they prefer them in their games.

daggerfortysix
January 8th, 2020, 20:14
Minor issue found. I have FG-5E-Enhancer v0.6.0 and found [ERROR] icon: Could not find image file (graphics/token/blood_pool_pool/blood_pool_1.png. Its showing for ...1.png through ...10.png as well. I found that in your .ext, it is trying to find /blood_pool_pool/, but the token is listed under /blood_pool/ only. I was able to fix it on my end, but wanted to bring that to your attention for future updates. Thanks for your hard work on this extension. It is fantastic!

StoryWeaver
January 8th, 2020, 20:43
Cheers, this has already been fixed for the next iteration, along with another error that snuck in there.

Glad to hear you're enjoying it, next update has a lot of new upcoming items as mentioned above, possibly including a height widget as well.
Most of these are already partially working, but it will require more work to get them working fully.
So next version is likely to be a large feature update.

Can't remember if I already included the switch for turning on or off blood pools in the menu options in version 0.6.0. If so turning it off for now should circumvent that bug during play.

daggerfortysix
January 8th, 2020, 20:45
Awesome, keep up the good work!

StoryWeaver
January 21st, 2020, 03:25
Next version almost ready. Hopefully I'll get some more time to work on the extension during the weekend to get things ready for release.
Fixes a number of bugs in the current version and adds numerous additions.

TheoGeek
January 21st, 2020, 03:30
Sweet!

StoryWeaver
January 23rd, 2020, 06:13
v0.7.0 Released :)

- Blood splatters on token when taking damage. Controllable by menu item.
- Add X or skull or no graphics widget on token death. Controllable by menu item.
- Blood pools on tokens on death. Controllable by menu item.
- Minimized horizontal health bar to 0% health, would go into the negative direction as a grey bar.
- Changeable opacity underlay for active actor. Controllable by menu option.
- Size of active actor underlay either full or half reach. Controllable by menu option.
- Fixed a number of bugs that popped up during use of previous version.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/StyrmirThorarins/FG-5E-Enhancer/master/Demo%20Images/Blood%20on%20token%2C%20skull%20or%20cross%20on%20 death.jpg

ps.
Blood pools are currently widgets underneath other widgets on the token. I haven't decided if I'll change this to separate blood tokens on the map.
Height widgets are on hold due to potential FGU bug. I have it working in FGC, but the rendering is faulty in FGU for now. Therefore the menu item remains but the functionality has been disabled in the code.

Egheal
January 27th, 2020, 19:47
Has always, it is a great extension, please buy some coffee (or whatever could help you in your work !) with my humble second donation, you really deserve it.

StoryWeaver
January 28th, 2020, 02:04
Thank you Bunnyhunt3er I shall, appreciate it! Enjoy the extension. :)

StoryWeaver
January 31st, 2020, 08:30
Added a couple of entries for Licensing and Status for transparency on the front page.
After the thought provoking "Community Content Licensing" thread by Moon Wizard and after reading some of the replies there.
This is to protect the tremendous work and sacrifice of time and effort I've put into this extension. At the cost of other projects, time with family and friends, and not to forget, sleep.
It will do for now while I mull over my own position on things.

Nothing has changed though, the licensing and status of the extension is the same as it always was.
The added entries were simply made to add transparency for new users of the extension.

Unlike some other extensions though, there are no actual changes to any campaign data with its usage.
So while it adds what I believe considerable value and improvement to playing games in 5E in FG.
Removing it would not have any effect on any campaign work or entries made, as it stands today.

StoryWeaver
February 22nd, 2020, 18:38
New Release

v0.7.1 (February, 22nd, 2020)
- Fixed bug for when spell entries were added under actions (rather than spell section) for NPCs' in the DB. This would cause the automatic range finding logic not to work.

Bonkon
February 22nd, 2020, 20:33
Good Day Styrmir :)
Absolutely love the work you have done on the original and have tried to download this version and I cannot seem to get it to work properly. I cannot get altitudes to work when pressing Shift+Scroll like in the older version. Is there a separate token module I need to download like the other version?

Edit: I have tried in FGU and FGC to no avail. I do get Blood Spatters on the tokens and this is the only enabled extension in a new campaign.

Thanks for all the work you put into these projects!! :)

StoryWeaver
February 22nd, 2020, 21:13
Hey, glad you're enjoying the extensions, that's what they're there for. :)

Height widgets are on hold due to potential FGU bug. I have it working in FGC, but the rendering is faulty in FGU for now. Therefore the menu item remains but the functionality has been disabled in the code for the time being.

Everything is contained in this one extension, so no extra graphics or extensions needed for full functionality.

Bonkon
February 23rd, 2020, 18:41
Hey, glad you're enjoying the extensions, that's what they're there for. :)

Height widgets are on hold due to potential FGU bug. I have it working in FGC, but the rendering is faulty in FGU for now. Therefore the menu item remains but the functionality has been disabled in the code for the time being.

Everything is contained in this one extension, so no extra graphics or extensions needed for full functionality.

Good Day Stymir :)
Thanks for the update :)

Bonkon
March 6th, 2020, 19:06
Good Day Stymir :)

Had this error message last night (First time trying this version with FGC 3.3.10) but today with a fresh campaign and turning off blood in settings it fixed my issue. (Thought I tried that last night but apparently not) :)

"Script Error: [string "scripts/blood_pool.lua"]:46: bad argument #2 to 'setPosition' (number expected, got no value)"

Thanks for all you do!

Trenloe
March 6th, 2020, 19:10
With the FGC update to 3.3.10 I enabled this version (0.7.1) for my session last night .
This extensions is for FG Unity.

The High Druid
March 6th, 2020, 21:41
Even when still using FGC I had started using the new extension, switching off parts which weren't compatible with FGC in the menu options, to give it testing during play.

(Quote from the Combat Enhancer thread)

Which bits would you turn off for this to work in FGC?

Bonkon
March 6th, 2020, 23:53
(Quote from the Combat Enhancer thread)

Which bits would you turn off for this to work in FGC?

Good Day The High Druid :)
Thanks, I thought I read that somewhere but during a quick perusal I missed it :)

StoryWeaver
March 8th, 2020, 16:16
@The High Druid

Last time I used it with FGC was before the latest update. As far as I recall the only thing that didn't work was that the rendering positions and sizes of health bars differs between FGC and FGU in how they're handled. So I would turn them off in FGC.

I do not do active test for FGC however, as that backward compatibility is not one of the design goals of this extension.

RedmondStache
March 16th, 2020, 12:34
Mac user here. I love this extension to the point where my group and I moved to FGU simply so we could keep some functionality from it during the time between the last FGC update and the last update to the FGC version of the extension.

I just have a little issue that I'd love an optional fix for:
Control-clicking targets things. Alt-, or in my case option-clicking removes tokens from the map (and their LoS data with them). With these two buttons being directly next to one another on Apple keyboards, it's waaay too easy to accidentally kill a token. Is there any way you could add an option to disable this or else make it require an additional modifier key, like shift?

amcog
March 17th, 2020, 14:17
Hi Styrmir, love your work. Will you be adding the flanking option from the classic version into the Unity version of your extension?

StoryWeaver
March 18th, 2020, 16:44
Thanks guys, glad you're enjoying the extension.

Overall I'm trying to keep the code and options as simple as possible, avoid convolation from every user case or exception. The extension is already a rather complicated one and with many options.
This is to make it more maintainable for updates, both in the extension and from SmiteWorks, and keep the code cleaner, better defined and seperated than in the previous iteration for FGC.
I primarily write it for how I use it in my games and have then shared it for the community. Many of the options I wrote into the 5e Combat Enhancer, were never used and would even cause confusion for the players at times.

@redmondstache
Probably won't do that, due to the above, but I won't say never.

@amcog
I doubt it amcog. The solution I wrote for FGC was a partial solution, that only worked for between medium and smaller sized targets, within 5' height difference. Not taking into account larger targets, attackers, reaches beyond 10' etc. It was also dependent on perfect placements of tokens inside hexes, something which players tend to be forgetful of. To write a complete solution would take a lot of time, which I don't have currently, even so it would still be dependent on token placements.
My experience was that while it was handy at times, more often than not it would confuse players and even myself at times *laughs* when it activated. At other times a manual counter modifier would need to be added due to situations that FG can't detect, narrational circumstances. In which case it would get in the way.
Due to all of the above I've found it easier to simply ask for the flanking bonus if it is relevant.

Levryl
March 18th, 2020, 19:50
Not to add any more work on you Stymir (And this issue dosnt effect me) maybe to address redmondstache's problem could a verify window open asking if you are sure you want to delete the token. I don't know how difficult this is compared to the disable option he asked for.

StoryWeaver
March 18th, 2020, 21:44
@Levryl
Unfortunately that would defeat the purpose of the keyboard and mouse shortcuts, to speed the process of removing any number of tokens. Instead of having to click through menus and selections each time.

amcog
March 19th, 2020, 00:22
No worries Stymir. Appreciate all you work and effort!

StoryWeaver
March 19th, 2020, 04:17
@Redmostache
I've added a menu configuration option, to switch between Alt+L-Click / Alt+Ctrl+L-Click or Alt+Shift+L-Click / Alt+Ctrl+Shift+L-Click. For deleting token, deleting token and CT entry.

@amcog
I've added flanking back into the extension from my own private license code. With the option to turn it off. That way anyone who wants to use it, will have the option of Off/+1/+2/+5/Advantage.

I'm working on some other things that I want to add to the extension, such as pinging the map, and some more testing with FGU text widgets so I can add back the height widget in Unity.
The changes above will be included in the next version I push out.

amcog
March 19th, 2020, 04:50
Thank you so much Stymir!

StoryWeaver
March 19th, 2020, 05:02
You're welcome. :)

RedmondStache
March 29th, 2020, 19:34
A little late, but I second the thanks!

GatorSpear
March 30th, 2020, 00:02
I am a completely new user and am trying to setup my system to DM a home game, as well as be able to play online with friends while in quarantine. This extension looks extremely useful, but I have been unable to use it yet. The error below is what I see when I open the combat tracker. Where am I going wrong here?

StoryWeaver
March 30th, 2020, 03:57
If you want to report a bug then please use this template.

Bug Report

Are you using Fantasy Grounds Unity? (I only support FGU with this extension. If you're using FG classic I'll refer you to the finalized version of my 5E Combat Enhancer (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?47146-5e-Combat-Enhancer-(built-on-retired-GPL-Advanced-Kombat-extension) extension instead.)

Do you have the latest version of the extensions installed? (You can see the most up to date version number in the first post on page 1, the version number is printed in FG on start in the chat.)

(This is the error log window text. It can be opened by typing '/console' in the FG text window if it didn't open by itself. Also if there are no output errors, state that here.)

If you create a new (clean) campaign, with ONLY the 5E Enhancer extensions enabled, does the error still occur?

Does this always happen?

Houndy
March 31st, 2020, 11:39
This looks amazing, I am installing it now :).

May I recommend changing the title of the thread to include "FGU" or "FGU Only", I am currently searching through loads of extensions trying to find out if any work with FGU haha.

Another noob question - does every player have to install the extension? Thank you so much!

Houndy
March 31st, 2020, 14:43
Issue: ranged attacks do not seem to work with the automatic ranged modifier option enabled.

Are you using Fantasy Grounds Unity? Yes

Is your FG software up to date? Yes

Do you have the latest version of the extensions installed? Yes

[3/31/2020 2:06:26 PM] Launcher scene starting.
[3/31/2020 2:07:10 PM] Starting private server mode. [(192.168.1.128:1802) (fe80::a4c9:fa05:40e6:b63a:1802)]
[3/31/2020 2:07:10 PM] Game server started. [192.168.1.128:1802]
[3/31/2020 2:07:11 PM] Launcher scene exiting.
[3/31/2020 2:07:11 PM] Tabletop scene starting.
[3/31/2020 2:13:26 PM] Campaign saved.
[3/31/2020 2:18:26 PM] Campaign saved.
[3/31/2020 2:23:26 PM] Campaign saved.
[3/31/2020 2:24:19 PM] [WARNING] Frame tabs contains out-of-range values in BottomLeft.
[3/31/2020 2:24:40 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Script execution error: [string "scripts/automatic_range_modifier/ranged_att..."]:475: bad argument #1 to 'find' (string expected, got nil)
[3/31/2020 2:25:18 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Script execution error: [string "scripts/automatic_range_modifier/ranged_att..."]:475: bad argument #1 to 'find' (string expected, got nil)
[3/31/2020 2:25:31 PM] Handler error: [string "scripts/automatic_range_modifier/ranged_att..."]:475: bad argument #1 to 'find' (string expected, got nil)
[3/31/2020 2:25:36 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Script execution error: [string "scripts/automatic_range_modifier/ranged_att..."]:475: bad argument #1 to 'find' (string expected, got nil)
[3/31/2020 2:26:01 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Script execution error: [string "scripts/automatic_range_modifier/ranged_att..."]:475: bad argument #1 to 'find' (string expected, got nil)

If you create a new (clean) campaign, with ONLY the 5E Enhancer extensions enabled, does the error still occur? Yes

Can you recreate the error consistently? Yes

Seems to be any ranged attack completed by dragging the hit dice onto the monster on the CT. If you drag it onto an icon, it doesnt do anything at all (no error, no roll).

Does this always happen? Yes as long as automatic ranged modifiers is turned on.

Does this only happen when using a specific module, map, NPC, PC, weapon, etc.? No.

Houndy
March 31st, 2020, 14:49
Window resizing does not seem to work. It does not cause an error, but does not resize the window.

No error or log is produced

If you create a new (clean) campaign, with ONLY the 5E Enhancer extensions enabled, does the error still occur? Yes

Change the size of a window on a brand new campaign with only 5e extension enabled, does not change the window sizes.

Does this always happen? Yes

Does this only happen when using a specific module, map, NPC, PC, weapon, etc.? No.

StoryWeaver
April 1st, 2020, 02:59
@Houndy

Can't change the title after a post has been made. It states that it's for FGU in the first post. Besides soon enough FGU will become the standard, so it will be assumed.

Only you as the DM needs the extension for it work for everyone.

Ranged attack bug report:

Ran a game this evening, ranged attacks were working as intended and did not get any ranged errors.

Usually if this occurs it is because the NPCs you're using have a non-standard entry for their range values.
Standard meaning similar to what you'd find in the monster manual, volos guide to monsters, mordenkeinens etc.

I may add an exit clause for those cases to avoid getting an error for those cases.

Resizer bug report:

Tested it now on my end and it's working. It resizes the windows on change.
You need to close and reopen the window for it to do so.

Houndy
April 1st, 2020, 09:15
Thank you for testing it again Stymir. You are correct, the resizer seems to work as expected, sorry about that!

Edit in - Ok, the window resizing stopped working again, do not know why. I will keep on messing around with it over next few days and if I can find the exact sequence to what causes it to stop working I will let you know.

Ranged attack - So I have retested it, I was using a thrown dagger, that still gives the error. The rest of the ranged weapons I tested (thrown axe, longbow, shortbow) seem to work.

The High Druid
April 1st, 2020, 10:34
I *think* Daggers might be the only weapon that has two properties before the range: Finesse, Light, Thrown (), and for everything else the range is either the first or second property. I wonder if deleting Finesse or Light, would make a difference, or changing the property order

Edit: Could Ammo:0 in your picture there also be a culprit?

Houndy
April 1st, 2020, 11:10
I reloaded the game and its suddenly started working .... I dont understand. This is confusing me. I am gonna take a break and try it all again later and see if I can recreate the issue. Sorry about this mess :( :)

With regard to the window resize - could it be that I accidentally resized the window at some point? Is there a way to reset it, so that this mod can be the overrider again?

amanwing
April 1st, 2020, 14:14
I put the file FG-5E-Enhancer v0.7.1.ext in the Folder like I did with the wildshape extensions:
C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\extensions
This one does not show in the list of available extensions on hosting a game.
Any idea what I do wrong?

StoryWeaver
April 1st, 2020, 14:19
@The High Druid
Interesting ideas. Might be worth looking into.

@Houndy
The resizer will resize the windows as long as there isn't a custom resize (that is you've resized the window by dragging it yourself) written in the campaign configuration file.

Can't remember exactly what it's called or where it is right now, but it's in the campaign folder somewhere. Saves window locations and sizes to they reopen the same next time around.
You can reset this by deleting the file, or certain entries from it. It should get recreated automatically next time you resize or move a window from its starting location.

The idea was born from that I found most windows to small that made reading less than ideal, and there was to much scrolling overall due to the limited amount of text that would fit with the default width.
So the extension allows you to set everything or some windows to open up wider and longer by default, thereby configuring your whole interface for better readability.

But I also wanted to retain the option to manually resize certain windows and for those resizings to keep.

So this is exactly what this part of the extension accomplishes.

StoryWeaver
April 1st, 2020, 14:22
@lightbringer
It should show up as 5E Enhancer 0.7.1 in the extensions list, as long as its in your extensions folder and you're running D&D 5E.

Houndy
April 1st, 2020, 14:23
I put the file FG-5E-Enhancer v0.7.1.ext in the Folder like I did with the wildshape extensions:
C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\extensions
This one does not show in the list of available extensions on hosting a game.
Any idea what I do wrong?

Silly point, that you have probably done. But did you close the whole of fantasy grounds and reload it?

StoryWeaver
April 1st, 2020, 15:52
@The High Druid
Tested it with a dagger, both as thrown or ranged, with and without ammo count. No errors, working as intended.
It's most likely one of those non-standardized entries.

There are already 2-3 exceptions in place for the most common non-standardized entry types that have appeared in certain modules.

amanwing
April 1st, 2020, 16:08
I just did it all over again and it is the same. It is in the same folder as the wildshape extension. It does not show up. Wildshape does. If I remove Wildshape from the folder it also disappears from the list when hosting the game.
Yes I restarted the pc

Trenloe
April 1st, 2020, 16:18
I just did it all over again and it is the same. It is in the same folder as the wildshape extension. It does not show up. Wildshape does. If I remove Wildshape from the folder it also disappears from the list when hosting the game.

Yes I restarted the pc
Did you download the actual extension file, or did you use the "Clone or Download" button in GitHub?

amanwing
April 1st, 2020, 16:29
I used the download button. This is the reason. I just downloaded the file again and it was much bigger. It works now. Thank you Trenloe!
Sorry for being stupid. I don't know github.

Trenloe
April 1st, 2020, 16:30
I used the download button. This is the reason. I just downloaded the file again and it was much bigger. It works now. Thank you Trenloe!
Sorry for being stupid. I don't know github.
No worries. It's a common issue.

StoryWeaver
April 1st, 2020, 16:44
New version release!

v0.8.0 (April 1st, 2020)
- Added flanking and menu options to configure (Adv/+1/+2/+5). Only works for medium or smaller targets and attackers.
- Added menu options to switch between key combination of "Alt + L-Click" or "Shift + Alt + L-Click", for deleting tokens from map.
- Added exit clause for automatic ranged weapon attacks from PC sheets, for non-standardized range entries.

Mazzar
April 3rd, 2020, 06:55
This is awesome!.. Any chance of addiing Skip characters who don't have initiative in Combat Tracker?

Looking forward to the height feature.

Naroe
April 5th, 2020, 06:22
Brilliant mod, I have a question though.

From GM side
Ranged attack at 5' brings up firing at melee range, without rolling disadvantage. (is that not implemented)
And Out of Range Still does a dice Roll that may say it hits after advising that it misses. (Is that as intended because players dont see the result of roll)

Player side not affected by extension

StoryWeaver
April 5th, 2020, 16:51
That should be causing a disadvantage for both NPCs and PCs, I'll have a look when I get the chance.
The extension does not cancel the actual roll, it only adds a disadvantage if applicable to that roll, along with a message detailing the attack.

Naroe
April 6th, 2020, 10:35
Hi Styrmir, also noticed tonight that the range only uses default diagonal distance, IE in the case im looking at, standard is 115 feet, variant is 155 feet, Raw is 138.7 feet for same position.

attack says the distance was 115 feet. Is there any chance of using the distance set by the diagonal distance chosen. (I didnt realise there was such a difference).

I will try again for the player vs host issue above only loading raw rule set and your extension in case something is interfering.

UPDATED
Actually just retested the range issue, the out of bounds actually seems ok, but impact of being 5feet away has no impact.

Interestingly raw range on host side says 138.7 and player side says 137.4 (obviously different formulas used for host and player for that one DOH)

StoryWeaver
April 6th, 2020, 13:32
There is no way to switch to variant range rules. Standard range is calculated from actual range, to fit with the range arrow displayed for targeted targets.
Don't expect I'll add variant rules as it's a very different way of calculating the ranges. Nor is it something I use.

The current version does not consider modifiers for melee ranged attacks.
This has however now been added and will be part of the next version whenever I release that.

The range differences between NPC and PC are likely some minor rounding differences to do with angle and intercept points of hex lines the tokens occupy. Same equations are used for all attackers.

Naroe
April 6th, 2020, 16:46
Ok on the distance issue was just wondering. Cool for next update and melee range being at disadvantage as well.

Accurate range is actually the raw range value, standard is a simplified version of range and not very accurate on diagonals.
Standard Diagonal setting

Raw (accurate diagonal setting)

As you can see a 41 Foot error using standard on 100 foot range at 45 degrees verses accurate.

Naroe
April 6th, 2020, 17:09
I'll have a look at a modified WH40K Flamer extension i did along with Map Unit extension settings so I could use Wooden Ships and Iron Men on a hex based map and change hexes to 100m, as well as draw out the field of fire for a broadside. So long ago I looked at that though. Would like to get it working for unity though. It used a lot of the raw x,y distance data in the calcs though didnt then apply that to dice rolls. Was more of a series of set pointers for my combat. (Wooden ships and Iron men a great board game i use for my Pyrats campaign just wanted to try it in FGC)

Thanks you to
Shotgun Jolly, Trenloe & Dulux-Oz for WH40k Flamer extension
Celestian for MUSE
and your self Styrmir for your great work for 5E Enhancer.

Seliathas
April 8th, 2020, 20:32
I just have to ask.

Are you saying that 5,10,5,10 diagonal movement is Raw(rules as written) in dnd 5E while using a grid? or do you mean that this would be the Pythagorean way of calculating it?
Because I rather have the simplified version than either of those just for ease of use.

The High Druid
April 9th, 2020, 00:44
RAW when using a map grid you count the squares, using the shortest route, as if the character was moving there. (5-10-5 for diagonals is an optional variant). That sounds like it would be a pain in the butt to program though, and no clue how you would account for height variation.

I think in this case having the game do it for you using Pythagoras *is* the simple option.

https://www.dndbeyond.com/sources/basic-rules/combat#VARIANTPLAYINGONAGRID

Edit: Actually, I suppose going diagonally up a "square" would be treated the same way, so if you're stood in one corner of a 25' by 25' cube, *all* the other corners are 20' away as far as your ranged attacks are concerned.

Naroe
April 9th, 2020, 09:52
Hi Seliathas,

no Not RAW but raw. raw x,y are the actual delta x and delta y that the program can use in a Pythagorean way. And being an engineer i prefer the underlying calculation for the distance to be accurate (you know to the fifth decimal place :) kidding of course) and then rounded and presented for you to see nearest 5'. so 100' delta x, 100' delta y, is not 100' distance its 141 and should calculate that , i mean it is a computer controlling it so why not have it calculate it properly and then rounded so it would say its 140' when presented to the player.

Otherwise 100x100 your getting a free 40 feet out of it. A lot of old (I mean really old - showing my age) computer games did this. players could move x, y but the monster moved diagonal as well. Monster always caught up if you changed direction, always hated that.

Naroe
April 10th, 2020, 12:41
Hi Styrmir,

Was doing a mock fight tonight prior to a first session with players, I noticed that the NPCs are not pulling up second range category

The ranges work fine for same weapon and PC.

I've also worked out how to get raw data to work for the range, thats in a modified version of your extension, which I wasnt using when i got this NPC error.

FYI

Also the Prepared spell button for spells is off frame, i had to change record_power.xml and increase height from 290 to 330 for it to appear.

<windowclass name="power_groupdetail">
<margins control="30,0,0,0" />
<frame>charsheethelper</frame>
<placement>
<size width="430" height="330" /> This height was 290.
</placement>

StoryWeaver
April 10th, 2020, 15:21
As far as I remember I wrote the range code originally using Pythagoras's theories with the interception line being the edges of attacker and target hex boxes (due to 5E rules), with pixel distance between the two divided by pixels per hex times five to get the actual range. Same goes with the third dimension, which will be added back in to these calculations along with a height widget, once I can find out what's going with text widgets in FGU.

This used to give different results (real life accurate) ranges from what the range arrow drawn on screen was. Which while I liked it, as I thought it more accurate, though it could be confusing for some to see a different range drawn from what was appearing in the range text output in chat.

So when I rewrote things for FGU I updated the code to show the same or almost the same range as the drawn range arrows. Not remembering the exact details of the top of my head.

The extension has always picked up the second range as well, assuming that by that you mean the maximum range. If it's not doing that now, it's a bug that's crept in with some other changes. I'll add it to the list.

Cheers for the frame height update, I'll look into adding that as well.

Naroe
April 10th, 2020, 17:36
I found the way to access the diagonal option from the options box. Ive modified my copy so it now correlates with standard, variant or raw data.
If you like Ill send what I did. Only modified range_finder.lua

The key code was: local distmult = Interface.getDistanceDiagMult();
To get value, raw actually sets to 0 , so had to use the values, 0, 1, 1.5 as conditions for if statements to use separate distance calculations

added distance = math.ceil(((xDiff^2+yDiff^2)^0.5)/(nGrid/nDU)); for raw.
Left what you did for standard
and added a modified section based on yours for variant, probably could be simplified to combine the standard and variant into one

StoryWeaver
April 10th, 2020, 17:46
As long as you're alright with your contributing to fall under the private license as detailed in the first post. Then if you were to send me the modified range_finder.lua file, I'd have a look to see if I could incorporate the changes along with some menu options linked to that.
Even if it's not something I'd be likely to use myself, I'm sure some people would like the option to switch between the various types of range calculations in the ruleset.

Mazzar
April 12th, 2020, 05:18
Styrmir, the 5e Combat Enhancer had a feature to skip actors who haven't rolled initiative. This was a great feature that makes it easy to have combat with certain players/NPC's without having to hide everyone else. Some players/NPC might just stay out of a fight. Any chance of adding that to 5e Enhancer so we can use for FGU?

Naroe
April 12th, 2020, 07:23
I found where the NPC max range is being over ridden.

Ranged_attacks, you have three options to search range field

weapon version 1
weapon version 2
spell action version 1

Theres nothing that make it select one based on attack, hence spell action is over ridding weapon version 1 max range and setting it to med range.

avitale34
April 13th, 2020, 22:17
Just wanted to say this is awesome! So much good stuff in here, new to FG and this will make it that much better! Appreciate your hard work!

StoryWeaver
April 14th, 2020, 00:20
@Mazzar
I'll add it to the list of potential things to write into this extension

@Naroe
Cheers, that should speed the fix up, I'll have a look. Been to busy with Easter to have a look at any code, nice to take a break from the computer and work, be it hobby or professionally, once in a while. :)

@avitale34
Thank you! Enjoy the extension and happy games. More things on the way.

Mazzar
April 14th, 2020, 04:36
@Mazzar
I'll add it to the list of potential things to write into this extension

@Naroe
Cheers, that should speed the fix up, I'll have a look. Been to busy with Easter to have a look at any code, nice to take a break from the computer and work, be it hobby or professionally, once in a while. :)

@avitale34
Thank you! Enjoy the extension and happy games. More things on the way.

Awesome! Thanks

StoryWeaver
April 14th, 2020, 16:39
New version release!

v0.9.0 (April 14th, 2020)
- Altitude widget added on token when Shift + Scroll wheel over token.
- Altitude added to calculations of range for automatic range modifiers functionality.
- Altitude differences considered for automatic flanking. Only for medium or smaller sized combatants.
- Disadvantage added for ranged attacks in melee. Menu option toggle added.
- Menu option added to lock token rotation to only rotate when holding down Alt + Scroll mouse wheel. Removed general token lock option as this takes its place.
- Added menu option to skip actors in CT that haven't rolled initiative.
- Added menu switch to select ruleset to use for automatic range calculations. Standard | Variant (placeholder only) | RAW (Rules as Written)
- Prepared spell buttons for NPC's were off frame in CT. Fixed.
- Max range for weapons not read for automatic range attack modifiers. Fixed.

avitale34
April 14th, 2020, 16:44
Sweet can't wait to test it out!

Verdigris
April 14th, 2020, 17:40
Thank you Styrmir.

Mazzar
April 14th, 2020, 18:43
@styrmir, I see the height capability is in there but it does not seem to be affecting the target range.. I set a target at about 25 feet and adjusted the height of the token but it does not recalculate the target range.

Naroe
April 14th, 2020, 19:40
Great, love the new height widget and 3d distance calcs. absolutely fantastic. I think the calc for range is working in the chat box though, 15' away, 15' up, range arrow on map say 15' but attack calc in chat says 25'

I have noticed that rotating tokens however in V8 was a continuous rotation depending on what direction scroll wheel was moved. V9 they appear to rotate then suddenly flip so you cant do a full 360 rotation. not a major issue for player token, but if placing an item token on map for flavour, limits positioning options.

Note I have modified my token rotation from 8 to 32 to enable finer control on token placement in another ext, but worked fine with v8

function onInit()

if User.isHost() then
setTokenOrientationMode(false);

local gridtype = getGridType();

if not gridtype or gridtype == "square" then
setTokenOrientationCount(32);
else
setTokenOrientationCount(24);
end
end

--onCursorModeChanged();

--window.updateDisplay();
end

avitale34
April 14th, 2020, 20:00
Seems like npc's arent getting skulls when dying they just become blank. PCs working correctly.

Mazzar
April 14th, 2020, 20:42
@styrmir, I see the height capability is in there but it does not seem to be affecting the target range.. I set a target at about 25 feet and adjusted the height of the token but it does not recalculate the target range.

More Info - For ranged weapons it is calculating correctly. However, when you target the token, the arrow that shows who you are targetting does not update with the calculated number (the hypotenuse)

Also, the Skip Actors that have not rolled initiative is still cycling through the ones with that have not rolled.

StoryWeaver
April 15th, 2020, 01:52
@Mazzar
The range calculation is done in the background and printed out in the chat, and the roll modified. The range by the drawn range arrow is a different functionality all together implemented by SmiteWorks and the two are not tied.
So when you add altitude or select different variants of range calculations, the actual range and the range by the drawn arrow will vary.

You need to turn the on skipping for actors that haven't rolled initiative. Not everyone is going to want this functionality so it's a menu switch.
"Skip CT actors that haven't rolled initiative" => On.
If turned on and the Actors initiative field is blank they'll be skipped.

@Naroe
Thanks, enjoy!

I'm able to rotate tokens PCs and NPCs by 360 degrees on my end without them flipping at any point. Is it possible you have any other extensions going that might be conflicting?
I'll test out decreasing the rotation angle for finer control. Might set up a menu switch for preference, we'll see.

@avitale34
This works on my end for NPCs and PCs alike, for none, skulls and crosses. Tested all options on multiple targets. Make sure the menu option is turned on. Otherwise please file a bug report so I can recreate the error.

Bug Report

Does this always happen?

Mazzar
April 15th, 2020, 02:32
@Mazzar
The range calculation is done in the background and printed out in the chat, and the roll modified. The range by the drawn range arrow is a different functionality all together implemented by SmiteWorks and the two are not tied.
So when you add altitude or select different variants of range calculations, the actual range and the range by the drawn arrow will vary.

You need to turn the on skipping for actors that haven't rolled initiative. Not everyone is going to want this functionality so it's a menu switch.
"Skip CT actors that haven't rolled initiative" => On.
If turned on and the Actors initiative field is blank they'll be skipped.

For the targeting, I was comparing it to how the 5e Combat Enhancer worked. It also updated the calculation on the actual target line. This helps a character make a decision as to how high they want to be before they do a ranged attack. Is it possible to updated that calculation as well (like the Combat Enhancer) or does FGU lock out that functionality?

For the Skip Actors that did not roll initiative, I do have the setting turned on but still have the issue. I will try a test campaign and remove other extensions to see if they interfere. But as it is right now, it is not skipping with the setting turned on

Naroe
April 15th, 2020, 03:46
Just tested the no of steps, as long as its default its fine, changed from 8 to 16 and it flips on the 8th step.

So its flipping with my finer rotations, turn mine off its fine, turn your of its fine, together flips.

Mazzar
April 15th, 2020, 04:03
For the targeting, I was comparing it to how the 5e Combat Enhancer worked. It also updated the calculation on the actual target line. This helps a character make a decision as to how high they want to be before they do a ranged attack. Is it possible to updated that calculation as well (like the Combat Enhancer) or does FGU lock out that functionality?

For the Skip Actors that did not roll initiative, I do have the setting turned on but still have the issue. I will try a test campaign and remove other extensions to see if they interfere. But as it is right now, it is not skipping with the setting turned on

@Styrmyr - I figured out how to duplicate. Anyone who is marked as Friendly (green in the CT) will not be skipped even if they have not rolled initiative. It will skip anyone who is not Friendly. Can we make it where it will skip anyone who did not roll initiative?

StoryWeaver
April 15th, 2020, 07:12
@Naroe
I'll leave things as they are in that case, thanks for reporting back.

@Mazzar
Thanks for the added information, I was able to recreate the bug.
I've made updates to the code and it now skips Friendly actors without initiatives as well, when the menu option is switched on.
The changes will be included in the next version.

Mazzar
April 15th, 2020, 17:46
@Naroe
I'll leave things as they are in that case, thanks for reporting back.

@Mazzar
Thanks for the added information, I was able to recreate the bug.
I've made updates to the code and it now skips Friendly actors without initiatives as well, when the menu option is switched on.
The changes will be included in the next version.

That's great! Thank you.

Regarding the targeting calculation, is that also possible to incorporate the hypotenuse when height adjustments are turned on like it did in the 5e Combat Enhancer? Or is that functionality locked out?

SirMotte
April 18th, 2020, 13:59
Thank you for the Update and the Mod. Once you try it, there is no way back, i'm addicted :).

Whaley
April 18th, 2020, 17:44
Had some time and figured I'd test out the Unity version! Thanks for getting this on Unity so fast! Anyway, (Use screenshot to follow) I found that if a character does enough damage to do instant death, no blood or death token appear (Goblin 10). Also when a death token is on a player if they drop damage on it again all blood and skull tokens vanish (Goblin 1). It seems to only work on "dying" (Goblin 6). Look at the chat window for the "story" on the uploaded image.

Also if the names are set to Title it doesnt let me zoom in and out and would only target an ally for everything automatically. I had to turn names "off" to reset it to be able to target enemies again and do anything with the map. Not sure if this is a conflict with your extension or an inherent bug with FGU.

Naroe
April 19th, 2020, 16:14
Just noticed V9 I cant scale a token V8 I can.

Also with V9 the height worked great on GM and scales distance including height, but doesnt show on player and doesnt calc distance using height. This happens the other way as well, player can set a height and doesnt affect gm
Image shows GM and PC screens side by side gm has height player does not

StoryWeaver
April 19th, 2020, 16:35
@Mazzar
I've had a bit of look at it and it might leave to big a footprint to be worth doing. We'll see.

@SirMotte
Thank you. :)

@Whaley
To be fair I started developing this extension September/October last year as soon as I got my hands on the FGU kickstarter version. ;)

Thanks for the report. These issues have been fixed and will be included with the next release.

I'm able to zoom in and out when names are visible as Titles above the tokens. All targeting from NPCs and PCs, friend or foe works, and so does the automatic attack roll after. As well all attacks by dice dropping, friend or for, work as normal.
So not a FGU or 5E Enhancer issue.

StoryWeaver
April 19th, 2020, 17:14
@Naroe

Added rescaling of token when Ctrl + Scroll wheel over token. Will be included in next version.

Tested the latter. I'm able to add height to any token from either the GM or player side. They will show up and work on the side they've been added, but won't transfer to the other client.
I'll have a look into it.

avitale34
April 19th, 2020, 19:48
Hello Styrmir sorry to bug you , I noticed a bug in Version 9 that when a token dies from Instant Death there is no blood pool added. Tested with no other Extentions on.

StoryWeaver
April 19th, 2020, 20:47
@avitale34

Reported and fixed above.

daddyogreman
April 19th, 2020, 22:26
Ooops. N/M. Was using the wrong version of the extension.

Naroe
April 20th, 2020, 05:01
Hi Styrmir, I hope you dont think im a complainer, just trying to assist with debugging.

Your Extention is terrific.
I went through all my extentions, loaded them independently to check for token issues ive been having.

Token effect im trying to locate is random tokens and deleting tokens using menu in CT leaves tokens on map.

5E Advanced Effects
5E Death Indicators (Extended)
5E Enhancer v0.8 and v0.9
5e extention NPC Flavours
Custom Desktop decal
Fantasy Language fonts
Font - 14 point clear Font
Naroes revisions (changes default image files for my desktop)
Theogeeks Improved Critical

Individually they all work as should, no random tokens and no token left behind

Then working through and adding an extention to see if it interacted, the combination that caused random tokens and left token behind
5E Enhancer and 5E death indicators (Ex)

I use death indicators for death rolls and important NPC's , even if I deactivate everything for death indicators in options issues still occur.

4wire
April 20th, 2020, 18:26
Hey Styrmir,

I'm missing the save result indication from the combat enhancer... is that on your roadmap as well?

avitale34
April 20th, 2020, 20:56
Not sure if this has been reported already but the auto disadvantage for ranged attacks in melee only trigger if the target you are attacking is in melee with you. If you attack someone who is not in melee it does not apply the disadvantage even though you have a hostile creature within 5ft.

Mazzar
April 20th, 2020, 22:57
@Mazzar
I've had a bit of look at it and it might leave to big a footprint to be worth doing. We'll see.

The benefit of seeing the calculation beforehand is that a player can make a better decision as to which attack to roll (or to move closer). It was awesome in the 5e Combat Enhancer.. Hopefully its doable.. :)

StoryWeaver
April 21st, 2020, 00:41
@Naroe
This extension is at its core the way I enjoy playing the game and I choose to share it with the community.
While I try to minimize it's footprint, I'm not able to make sure that it is compatible with other extensions out there, it would become an endless task. Developing and supporting this extension does and has taken enough time as it is, it is also more complicated than many as it touches on so many different things. Besides it's not like I get a paycheck for what I do with it. :)
I did take a look at the extension and it looks like a good one.
I may consider adding a death save functionality to the extension at some point. But all these things take time, and it very quickly adds up, be it adding new features, checking potential bugs and/or debugging.

@4wire
I doubt it, one of the things I'm trying to make sure I do, unlike in my other extension. Is to minimize the footprint of it, particularly when it comes to copying large segments of ruleset code into the extension.
Rather to inject or override functions without the need of including large code segments as much as possible.
Not doing so makes the code harder to maintain, and updates from SmiteWorks on the rulesets won't come through as the extension would override those files and would need to manually replaced for each update with each code entry copied in and replaced so the extension wouldn't break.

Having had a quick look at it, it appears that adding saves would be one such instance. So not likely, but I'll add it to the wishlist all the same..
But I concur that it was a nice feature to have it graphically displayed on the tokens.

@avitale34
Seems that it's not working as it was coded. I'll add it to the list to look at. Thanks for the report.

@Mazzar
I agree, it would be nice in some cases. May be similar to the situation which I replied to 4wire above with, but not ruling it out entirely.

StoryWeaver
April 21st, 2020, 00:51
New version released!

V0.9.1 (April 20th, 2020)
- Added rescaling of token when Ctrl + Scroll wheel over token. Note: After rescaling drop token on map again to redraw all widgets to scale.
- Skipping actors in CT that haven't rolled initiative option, did not skip Friendly actors. Fixed.
- If damage was enough to instantly kill a target no death graphic (skull / cross) would appear. Fixed.
- If target already dead took damage again, the death graphic (skull / cross) would dissapear. Fixed.

Mazzar
April 21st, 2020, 02:42
@Mazzar
I agree, it would be nice in some cases. May be similar to the situation which I replied to 4wire above with, but not ruling it out entirely.

@Styrmir your extension is the most useful extension. The 5e Combat Enhancer was fantastic and you are taking the main elements from it for FGU. I appreciate the hard work you are putting into this. I sent a little donation last week to help support your efforts.

StoryWeaver
April 21st, 2020, 03:38
@Mazzar
Thank you for the kind words. Also very nice of you to send a donation to keep me motivated. :)

SirMotte
April 21st, 2020, 13:23
My Hero has returned with an update. Thank you so much, was missing scaling a little, keep up the wonderful work!

StoryWeaver
April 21st, 2020, 15:19
Ha ha, cheers!

Mazzar
April 21st, 2020, 18:50
@Mazzar

@Styrmir, related to the targeting displaying the hypotenuse, as a suggestion, would it be easier to just add the calculation (maybe in a different color) rather than overwriting what's there? Maybe that would be good so we can see the radius plus the actual distance based on height. Maybe just adding an additional calculated number rather than overwriting embedded code would work?

frizbdog
April 21st, 2020, 21:41
This extension is THE BEST! Will be buying you a beer, sir!

Ran into an issue w the Magic Stone spell, detailed below:

FGU, latest update
5E CE v0.9.1

Console error:

[4/21/2020 12:26:33 PM] s'Precise range of attack: ' | #13
[4/21/2020 12:26:33 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Script execution error: [string "scripts/automatic_range_modifier/ranged_att..."]:35: attempt to concatenate local 'maxRange' (a nil value)
[4/21/2020 12:26:43 PM] s'Precise range of attack: ' | #13
[4/21/2020 12:26:43 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Script execution error: [string "scripts/automatic_range_modifier/ranged_att..."]:35: attempt to concatenate local 'maxRange' (a nil value)

Opened this also in a newly created test campaign w/ no other extensions opened.

With all actors in CT and tokens on map, when you press CAST or ATK button on Magic Stone spell against a targeted enemy, you get: Character Name: [CAST] Magic Stone [at Enemy] w/ no roll or result
Alternatively, when you drag the dice to dice tray or enemy token from CAST or ATK on Magic Stone spell, you do get a die roll with correct modifiers in dice tray, a numerical result displays, but no HIT or MISS. Damage rolls work fine when applied.

The log pops out with the error message every time.

Normal ranged attacks work fine. As do similar melee attacks like Shillelagh, for example.

Happens every time. Across different modules, maps, and characters

Will try to post a screenshot:34168

StoryWeaver
April 21st, 2020, 21:50
@Mazzar
Would still require overwriting of the original code in that case, but fine suggestion all the same. It's on the potential feature list.

@frizbdog
Thank you, I'll have a cold one on you! :)

I'll add your report to the bug list and take a look at it.

frizbdog
April 21st, 2020, 21:52
Thanks! Just sent along the beer money. Really appreciate your work and this amazing Fantasy Grounds community. Really psyched to get DMing again. :-)

maugrim8866
April 21st, 2020, 22:06
Thanks for all your work on this extension. I agree that this helps us DMs tremendously.
I am looking forward to those Save Success/Fail indicators coming into this extension. I really like that functionality in classic.
I also also contributed to the Styrmir beer fund :)
Cheers!

StoryWeaver
April 22nd, 2020, 03:08
@maugrim8866
Cheers! :D

Verdigris
April 22nd, 2020, 21:24
With 0.9.0 installed, I am unable to resize tokens on the playfield.

StoryWeaver
April 22nd, 2020, 22:24
Download the latest version, 0.9.1, it includes resizing.

vaughnlannister
April 23rd, 2020, 11:08
Awesome extension Stymir love it!!!

StoryWeaver
April 23rd, 2020, 13:32
@vaughnlannister
Thank you, enjoy!

xsheikanx
April 25th, 2020, 10:42
Awesome Extensions! I used it on FGC and it was great. Now on FGU is wonderfull.
I just find an issue with blood size when an enemy is injured. The size of blood on token is not full scaled. Its just an small dot on any token.

How can i adjust the size of damage blood to the token?

Thanks

SirMotte
April 25th, 2020, 17:44
Awesome Extensions! I used it on FGC and it was great. Now on FGU is wonderfull.
I just find an issue with blood size when an enemy is injured. The size of blood on token is not full scaled. Its just an small dot on any token.

How can i adjust the size of damage blood to the token?

Thanks
Isn't it supposed to look this way? Any larger and the token would not be visible anymore.

Dave Wilson
April 25th, 2020, 20:57
Download the latest version, 0.9.1, it includes resizing.
Is this working as intended? I have 0.9.1 but resizing only seems to shrink token when I scroll either way. cannot enlarge.

Dave Wilson
April 25th, 2020, 23:30
Is this working as intended? I have 0.9.1 but resizing only seems to shrink token when I scroll either way. cannot enlarge.
Further to my last post, I have encountered some weirdness when resizing (ctrl+scroll). I have found that if I am using a token image attached to an NPC - but the image is NOT symmetrical, resizing gets weird. It either only shrinks or enlarges within a small range.

If I use an image that is 512x512 pixels, the image will ctrl+scroll resize with no problems. However, if the image is not symmetrical (for example, - 512x500 pixels) it will ctrl+scroll enlarge a bit and then stop. If the image is something like 512x400 pixels, it will not ctrl+scroll enlarge at all and will only shrink (rapidly) no matter which way you roll the scroll wheel.

I am posting about this here because this does not seem to happen when I have the 5e Enhancer extension turned off.

StoryWeaver
April 26th, 2020, 20:45
@Dave Wilson
I only use circular tokens myself so never tested for uneven sized ones, so that wouldn't surprise me.
I'll add it to the bug list, thanks for the detailed report.

Houndy
April 30th, 2020, 12:31
Hi Styrmir, I was wondering if it would be possible to add a load order to your extension?

Currently I do not think load order works in FGU, but when its fixed it would be helpful for making things compatible with your extension :)

e.g. <loadorder>50</loadorder> or whatever :)

StoryWeaver
April 30th, 2020, 14:20
@Houndy
Could do, I'll add it with the next version.

Three of Swords
April 30th, 2020, 23:30
e.g. <loadorder>50</loadorder> or whatever :)

Don't let 'the Man" bring you down! Your extension is <loadorder>#1 baby!</loadoarder>. ;)

Seriously, while I would take your extension over any other out there, if this helps us to use other extensions as well, thank you for agreeing to do it!

StoryWeaver
May 1st, 2020, 02:01
Ha ha, thanks Three of Swords!

Don't mind at all to add it if it helps with that, if it works in FGU currently though I have no idea, but it'll be there for when it does.

Houndy
May 1st, 2020, 11:08
Don't let 'the Man" bring you down! Your extension is <loadorder>#1 baby!</loadoarder>. ;)

Seriously, while I would take your extension over any other out there, if this helps us to use other extensions as well, thank you for agreeing to do it!

Haha - no doubt!

Personally for my extension this would work as I just want mine to load last :).

Yeah Styrmir, it does not work currently, its based on alphabet of the extension file for now.

Booker Grimm
May 2nd, 2020, 10:06
Hi

With the 5e enhancer, has the feature when you click on a NPC on the map and the CT highlights him in blue been removed?

It was a feature in the Classic version that was really useful.

Thanks.

avitale34
May 2nd, 2020, 17:45
Bug Report: not sure if it has been mentioned already but I get this bug when trying to attack a creature that is on a door. Pic for details. I have uninstalled other extentions and narrowed it down 5e enhancer. Thank you for your great script :)

Edit: This is in FGU and version 9.1 and I have the sahuagin attacking the Half Orc paladin on a door LOS Rectangle, moving him off removes the error and I can attack normally.

Edit Edit: I moved him out of the door and it still causing the error I have no idea what is causing it, if i roll the attack in chat then drag it over to the token it works though.

StoryWeaver
May 2nd, 2020, 20:08
@Booker Grimm
Nothing has been removed, but it has not been written. This extension is written from scratch for the majority, besides some modification of my own privately licensed written code. So all functionality has to be written in.
There is no highlighting functionality at this time.

@avitale34
FGU is still in beta so some weird things will happen still, and it sounds like FGU is not registering the token.
I'lll see if I can't add an exception to exit the function if no token is registered during the Token wheel operations.

Booker Grimm
May 4th, 2020, 20:07
Thank you - excellent extension. I am in awe.

gEiStToG
May 8th, 2020, 05:06
Hello! So, I paid a bunch of money to get Critically Awesome Essentials, and a few others...just to find out that they don't work as long as Combat Enhancer was loaded because they conflict with it.

Is there a chance that Combat Enhancer can get updated to not conflict with Critically Awesome Essentials? I love combat enhancer for what it does. Thanks!

Mazzar
May 8th, 2020, 05:28
I have need (for one of my players) to use the Elven Accuracy extension from @Stv. However, the 5E Enhancer with the 5E Elven Accuracy seems to conflict. I don't know who to bring this up to, but is there a way to get this to work with both extensions?

webdove
May 8th, 2020, 06:06
Hi Styrmir, I have been running FGU 4.0.0 for 5-6 sessions and this extension looks very interesting. I loaded v0.9.1 into my 5E Dragon Heist campaign using the mistshore map to play. Height and blood and pools and range effects and one click removal all work and are great!

webdove
May 8th, 2020, 21:40
Nevermind. I cannot find the command to delete this.

StoryWeaver
May 8th, 2020, 22:32
@geistog
@mazzar

While one of the design goals is to have a small as possible footprint. This extension is very large and complex, and therefore touches on numerous functionalities.
I am not able to put extra work into making sure it is compatible with other extensions, doing so would become an endless task and the extension already does and has taken countless of hours to develop.

ps. Having said that, the next release will have a considerably smaller code footprint for certain combat related functionality. So there is a chance that those extensions will work better in conjunction after that, but no guarantees nor is it tested. It is a result of the general coding design goals.

gEiStToG
May 9th, 2020, 00:48
Here's hoping :D thanks again.

webdove
May 9th, 2020, 23:55
Hello again. I believe I found a bug in the ranged attack handling and I have a related request.
We noticed yesterday that the ranged attack code detects in range (valid) and out-of-range (automatic miss) spell and weapon attacks.
It also rolls disadvantage for mid-range. However, both weapons and spells still roll an attack even after the code declares an out-of-range miss.

My request is whether the enhancer could also report an out-of-range save type spell failure.

webdove
May 10th, 2020, 01:00
Hi again.

One more item.
Without 5E Enhancer I can drag two effects with the same title onto a PC

With 5E Enhancer enabled I can drag the first one and it takes, but if I drag the second it is ignored.

With 5E enabled if I alter the title of the second then I can attach it to the character.

I believe the 5E enhancer effect drop code should be examining the entire text of the effect when it is looking for an existing duplicate effect and not just the title.
That way it will not introduce a new effect application constraint that should not be there and that makes other mods fail.

StoryWeaver
May 11th, 2020, 18:03
@webdove
Out of range attacks will be reported in the chat, but it does not cancel the roll. In other more technical terms it injects a modifier into the pipeline but does not override the roll process itself. This should work equally for ranged weapon attacks and spells.
I'll consider changing the effects manager, having said that it has worked very well for all games I've used it with so far the way it now works.
Not having unique names for effects is a personal choice. What I'd suggest is to add both effects to one effect instead of adding two separate ones each time. You can add multiple effects by separating with ';'.

Bonkon
May 11th, 2020, 18:06
Good Day Styrmir :)
Is there a way to put more emphasis on the OUT OF RANGE message in the chat window? Currently it just kind of blends in to my old eyes :)

Thanks for all you hard work you put in to your extensions!! :)

StoryWeaver
May 12th, 2020, 14:13
Thanks Bonkon, glad you're enjoying the extension.

I agree that it can kind of blends in and can be missed. I had some look into it, reading some docs and forum posts, alas I could not find a way to edit a part of a strings color.
There is the option to output chat messages from different fonts (types, sizes, colours etc.) but that wouldn't be the ideal solution. It would require sending two separate text strings, thus taking up more text space and having the potential of being a bit cluttering and messy.

I seem to recall having seen some extension a while back doing something similar though, with differently coloured inline text. I might be wrong. If anyone knows which one it is, I could gleam at it and see if a similar solution would work here.

webdove
May 12th, 2020, 16:27
@webdove
Out of range attacks will be reported in the chat, but it does not cancel the roll. In other more technical terms it injects a modifier into the pipeline but does not override the roll process itself. This should work equally for ranged weapon attacks and spells.
I'll consider changing the effects manager, having said that it has worked very well for all games I've used it with so far the way it now works.
Not having unique names for effects is a personal choice. What I'd suggest is to add both effects to one effect instead of adding two separate ones each time. You can add multiple effects by separating with ';'.

That sounds reasonable. What broke was the 5e class effects mod (because of duplicate names) so it it was not something that we wrote.

dmahogany
May 13th, 2020, 02:33
Bug Report - Console Error when dragging factions from Combat Tracker onto map

Are you using Fantasy Grounds Unity? Fantasy Grounds Classic

Do you have the latest version of the extensions installed? 5E Enhancer v0.9.1

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_combat.lua"]:1298: attempt to call field 'isClientFGU' (a nil value)

Preparation: Have PCs, and at least one Map. Map should be gridded. I used BattleMap01 from the FG Battlemaps module.
Add PCs to Combat Tracker.
Open Map
Drag all PCs onto the combat tracker using the Faction Group button at the bottom. Console Error occurs.
I did a quick screen recording showing what happens, and talking through it:
https://youtu.be/QkKP2_wGhCw

Does this only happen when using a specific module, map, NPC, PC, weapon, etc.? Any PC/NPC/etc

Do you have a screenshot you could share? see video.

StoryWeaver
May 13th, 2020, 10:34
@dmahogony

This extension only works and is supported on FGU, as is written on the first post.
If you're using FGC use the 5E Combat Enhancer Classic linked in my footer.

Thanks for filling in the bug report as that helps to clear up these sort of misunderstandings quickly.

Valekk
May 13th, 2020, 20:27
Looks like a great extension.

I followed the install guide and picture diagram...
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=27675&d=1561510148

The ext shows up in the optional extensions area. The tokens show in the game in the token host area. But the extension itself is greyed out, does this mean I messed something up with the install?

Edited. I am using classic which I ust noticed is the extension in your footer =D

Stv
May 13th, 2020, 23:08
Hi Valekk,
You also need the token helper extension installed and activated for the combat enhancer to work.

https://github.com/StyrmirThorarins/FG-RPG-Token-Helper-5E

Hope this helps.

Stv.

Valekk
May 13th, 2020, 23:32
Thanks Stv, seems to be working now!

StoryWeaver
May 13th, 2020, 23:34
@Valekk
@Stv

Please post this in the correct extension support thread, the 5E Enhancer is only for FGU!

If you need support for the 5E Combat Enhancer Classic post here:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?47146-5e-Combat-Enhancer-(built-on-retired-GPL-Advanced-Kombat-extension)
No support is given for that extension here and I'll ask for such cases to be referred to the relevant thread to avoid confusion and clutter for support of this extension.

The two are not related, this is a brand new extension written from scratch for the most parts and works differently.

Stv
May 14th, 2020, 00:27
My apologies Styrmir,
I thought we were in the thread for the FGC version. I'll look more closely in the future :)
I appreciate the necessity for keeping the two versions seperate to prevent confusion.

Cheers, Stv.

StoryWeaver
May 14th, 2020, 01:59
Appreciate it Stv, and thanks for your willingness to help. : )

Naroe
May 16th, 2020, 06:52
Hi Styrmir

Info for you regarding issue #109 I raised about rotation of token flipping to vertical if you set the rotation angle to finer increments. I found the source.

I have a script that sets square and hex rotation finer to allow tokens to be placed on map with more orientation choices.

function onInit()

if User.isHost() then
setTokenOrientationMode(false);

local gridtype = getGridType();

if not gridtype or gridtype == "square" then
setTokenOrientationCount(32);
else
setTokenOrientationCount(24);
end
end
end

In your token_wheel_manager.lua the no of step is hard coded in at 8.

the lines with two occurances are

elseif rotateLock == 'off' then
-- token rotation for all
token.setOrientation((token.getOrientation()+notch es)%8);
elseif Input.isAltPressed() and rotateLock == 'on' then
-- token rotation only when Alt pressed
token.setOrientation((token.getOrientation()+notch es)%8);
end

I replaced the 8 with code getTokenOrientationCount() and now works fine.

elseif rotateLock == 'off' then
-- token rotation for all
token.setOrientation((token.getOrientation()+notch es)%getTokenOrientationCount());
elseif Input.isAltPressed() and rotateLock == 'on' then
-- token rotation only when Alt pressed
token.setOrientation((token.getOrientation()+notch es)%getTokenOrientationCount());
end

Naroe

Naroe
May 16th, 2020, 09:19
Actually not quite console says it replaced with a Nil value. So code not doing what it should, but result is what im looking for.

ended up setting lines as
token.setOrientation((token.getOrientation()+notch es));

and seems to work fine. But not sure of the full intricacy of your extension, Ill run with it for a while and see how it goes.

StoryWeaver
May 16th, 2020, 18:40
Thank you, though I have it working already in the next version. But its a similarly "dirty" solution. Forcing the running stack to fall back to the core code via an console warning, thus "working".
It's hard to develop the extension in some ways as FGU is still in beta, so you never know for sure if it's something you're doing wrong or that some of the code you're relying on in the background is not working the same as before, correctly, or at all yet.

In any case, I currently have a new version which a lot of work has gone into, and is relatively close to acceptable levels of release.
A lot of things have been changed, streamlined, fixed, updated and new features have been added.

Naroe
May 17th, 2020, 02:12
Cool, will wait for update of this Brilliant extension.

StoryWeaver
May 18th, 2020, 13:21
New version release!

v0.10.0 (May 18, 2020)
- Decreased code footprint:
Removed manager_combat.lua, created new overriding lua file for functions overridden.
Removed manager_token.lua, created new overriding lua file for functions overridden.
- Add saving throw result graphics on tokens. Menu item switch added.
- Added new text chat command to delete save graphics from all tokens. '/dsave' short for delete save/s.
- Automatic modifier for ranged attacks in melee only triggered when the target was is in melee. Added trigger for other active enemy (medium sized or smaller) when in melee range during attack. Crossbow expert exception included.
- Added exception for automatic range modifiers when spells have no readable maximum range (due to on-standard entry), then the function is exited instead of throwing an error. Text message output to chat and console.
- Height widgets didn't transfer between clients when added, only visible and used for range calculations on the client that added it. Fixed.
- Height only changeable by DM.
- Height widget didn't delete on 0 height. Fixed.
- Added load order.
- Under certain map circumstances the Token.onWheel function would not be passed a token. Added exit clause to handle that null reference.
- Resizing images if not of equal horizontal and vertical sizes would behave strangely. Fixed.
- A number of small errors cleaned up.

Personal note:

This will probably be the last release for a while, I am having to take a break from developing the extension due to real life and other things needing my time. Thank you all for your support up to this point!

If anyone with coding and extension writing experience, that is able to work independently, is interested in helping by contributing to the code for its forward development. Then send me a PM and we can look at adding you as a contributor to this project on my GitHub deposit for the extension.

That said some might say the extension is in a pretty complete form now and I hope you enjoy this latest version for the 5E Combat Enhancer. :)

Three of Swords
May 18th, 2020, 13:35
Hopefully the real-life issues needing your attention aren't negative ones, Styrmir.

While I don't use this version yet, I will someday. Thanks again for creating it!

Seliathas
May 18th, 2020, 19:18
I hope that everything is ok with you.

That said. It seems that Flanking did brake in the new version.

[5/18/2020 9:05:17 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Script execution error: [string "scripts/flanking/token_helper.lua"]:273: attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'height' (a nil value)

After that, it just doesn't work at all.

Also, this is probably anything big but I also noticed that if you hide your grid flanking gets funky. So need always show the grid.

StoryWeaver
May 18th, 2020, 22:01
Things are fine, thank you for your concern. These are certainly strange times.

@Seliathas
Noted, there's a lot of moving parts and the height handling had to be greatly redone, so not surprising something might have broken. So many things to test.

Flanking also depends on your tokens being IN a grid box. If you hide a grid, you might well end up with tokens on the line between grids (other rule systems) which would break it.

maugrim8866
May 20th, 2020, 16:58
I have been trying the new version.
I am seeing a few strange errors.
When using CTRL+mouse wheel on a token in the map. I get the following error.
Script Error: [string "scripts/token_wheel_manager.lua"]:22: attempt to call field 'onWheel' (a nil value)
Runtime Notice: s'5E Enhancer: Token.onWheel handler warning produced on purpose to force fallback to original token scaling code.'
Script Error: [string "scripts/token_wheel_manager.lua"]:22: attempt to call field 'onWheel' (a nil value)

The Saving Throw result indicators, when enabled, I get the following error.
Script Error: [string "scripts/token_save_graphics.lua"]:161: attempt to index local 'tokenCT' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "scripts/token_save_graphics.lua"]:161: attempt to index local 'tokenCT' (a nil value)

Just wanted to report what I am seeing.

StoryWeaver
May 20th, 2020, 17:30
There are three console warnings that come in the extension.

Changing height will create recursive warnings whenever setValue is called, due to some strange behaviour.
And a couple of others, all of them have messages in the console logs.
None of them stop things working and as they're only log warnings, they don't show up during games.

Aka: Runtime Notice: s'5E Enhancer: Token.onWheel handler warning produced on purpose to force fallback to original token scaling code.'

Testing those for a "possible" fix of cleaning up the console warning would take hours, without guarantees it would work. So as things work despite them, for now at least I decided I'd rather release the extension for use than keep it to myself indefinitely until it was "perfect".
This would be different if this was a commercial product, but this is just something I've done for free and shared with the community after so it could benefit from my labour.

You are getting two Error's which are worse as the console window will pop up for that. That does not happen on my end.

All of your errors seem to related to an NPC entry in the CT not working correctly. I'd need more details to be able to figure out what's going on.
You'd need to fill in a complete error report from the first page.

Mazzar
May 21st, 2020, 01:04
[SIZE=3]Personal note:

This will probably be the last release for a while, I am having to take a break from developing the extension due to real life and other things needing my time. Thank you all for your support up to this point!

If anyone with coding and extension writing experience, that is able to work independently, is interested in helping by contributing to the code for its forward development. Then send me a PM and we can look at adding you as a contributor to this project on my GitHub deposit for the extension.

That said some might say the extension is in a pretty complete form now and I hope you enjoy this latest version for the 5E Combat Enhancer. :)

@Styrmir, does this mean the calculated hypotenuse will not be in there for a while?

maugrim8866
May 21st, 2020, 03:30
Thank you Styrmir
I just saw this in your bug report - "I only support FGU with this extension. If you're using FG classic I'll refer you to the finalized version of my*5E Combat Enhancer*extension instead."
I will stop trying to use 5E Enhancer v0.10 in FG Classic.
Thanks for chiming in to help.

I do have another question that is related. After I switched back to 5e Combat Enhancer Classic v1_6_0.ext, the Save indicators do not seem to clear when left clicking the "Clear save" button.

StoryWeaver
May 21st, 2020, 13:42
@Mazzar

It should be included already in the final calculation in chat, the range arrow that comes with FGU only shows the horizontal range however.

@maugrim

There's a reason that's the first line in the bug report. ;) But that makes sense, could not replicate on my end.

I offer no support for that extension anymore, as you can see in my footer and on the first post for that extension. Try asking on that forum for community support.

Mazzar
May 21st, 2020, 22:01
@Mazzar

It should be included already in the final calculation in chat, the range arrow that comes with FGU only shows the horizontal range however.

Yes, it does do that but in order to see the range, you have to do the attack. The way Combat Enhancer worked, it showed the range adjusted for height beforehand. I think you mentioned you were looking into adding it in. I had suggested just putting the calculation in parentheses (or some other way to denote the new calculation) rather than rewrite was is already there. Was hoping to have this functionality back. But I understand that it is a lot of work to maintain this extension on the side.

JustAnother
May 22nd, 2020, 11:06
I just downloaded FG-5E-Enhancer v0.10.0.ext
copied it to the extensions folder

But I don't see it in a 5E campaign to activate

Also if I change the extension to .zip windows refuses to open it

Have I missed anything?
It is in the same folder as other extensions like DWSI_v0.0.12_B_FGU.ext that do show up for activation

Thanks
Gary

StoryWeaver
May 22nd, 2020, 18:28
@Mazzar
In order to add it in any form, parenthesis or otherwise, would require to override the drawing code entirely. I am aware of how it worked in the other extension, I wrote it after all. I have had some look into it, think an hour or two of tracking down the sections needed and then looking into what might be needed to make it happen. And that's without even writing a line of code, then repeated FGU restarts, bughunts and tests for the various scenarios before its working as expected. It is doable, but it's like I said above.

Many of these things take a lot of time even if they sound like simple requests or adds. Asking for it repeatedly does not make it any less work nor makes it more likely to be added.

@JustAnother
Hey there.
It works like any other extension.
Make sure its in the correct extension folder (the FGU one not the FGC if you also have that installed).
So something like: C:/Fantasy Grounds Unity/data/extensions/.
Without starting up the computer, I seem to recall it showing up as '5E Enhancer [version number]' in the extension list.
Needs to be a 5E campaign like you mentioned, otherwise it gets filtered out of the list.

ps. No idea with the .zip. It should be a .ext file to be recognized as an extension. The way it becomes one is that everything is first added to a .zip, then the extension name is manually changed to .ext.

JustAnother
May 23rd, 2020, 02:37
Thanks for responding ... I have sorted it out now ...

Previously I managed to download something as FG-5E-Enhancer v0.10.0.ext but it was not the extension
I went back to github and drilled down to https://github.com/StyrmirThorarins/FG-5E-Enhancer/blob/master/-%20Extension%20Files/FG-5E-Enhancer%20v0.10.0.ext
and used the download button there :-)

Re my cryptic reference to .zip ...
Because extensions and modules are just compressed files ... you can change the extension to .zip and explore their content (assuming they are not password protected)
Hence when I received an error opening the file ... I knew there was something wrong with the downloaded file ...
of course it was my error in downloading your extension incorrectly

I look forward to trying out your enhancement :-)

Regards
Gary

Naroe
May 23rd, 2020, 12:27
Styrmir, thanks for the update.

Minor bug report.

Decided to use flanking for first time. Looks Great for Advantage, but if you chose a +1,2,5 modifier and you have an ATK modifier already applied as an effect say like Bane.

The effect Bane -1d4 does not work and hasn't been fixed for years (Smiteworks why so long to fix????), however I found a work around -1d4 is equivalent to 1d4-5.

If I have the effect of Bane in place then a +2 flanking modifier selected. The resultant roll should be D20+1d4-5+2. But the flanking code is overriding it to d20+1d4+2

Lines 278 - 313 apply the flanking mod

but line nAddMod=1; or 2 or 5 overrides the existing modifier with 1,2,5 depending on flanking mode chosen in options. It is doing this for all existing effects mods as far as i can tell

I changed my line to nAddmod=nAddMod +1; or 2 or 5

now I get the expected D20+1d4-5+2 for Bane with a +2 flanking mod.

StoryWeaver
May 23rd, 2020, 18:50
Nice catch Naroe.

I've made the updates to the extension.

StoryWeaver
May 25th, 2020, 17:36
New release!

v0.10.1 (25th May, 2020)
- Slightly decreased height of certain window sizes when set to larger with the window resizer.
- Automatic flanking modifier if +1, +2, +5 would overwrite any other modifiers in place. Fixed.
- Added further descriptive to chat output for automatic flanking, to add clarity to modifiers seen in output.
- If a token had height, when flanking modifiers were enabled, sometimes this would cause an error, stopping the attack. Fixed.
- Modifying and adding height with shift + mouse wheel scroll, behaved a bit erratically at times. Fixed.
- Updated the readme file to included information about all the new menu items, macro- and keyboard mouse combination commands.

fabiocm
May 26th, 2020, 18:24
Hello! The extension do not appear for me in the campaign settings. I can't load it in my campaign.

I tried several versions, bot none of it is showing. What could be happening?

StoryWeaver
May 26th, 2020, 19:57
@fabiocm
Make sure you're actually downloading the .ext file and placing it in your usual extension folder for FGU.
Will only show up for DnD 5E games in the extension list.

Installing

The extension is available on GitHub here: https://github.com/StyrmirThorarins/FG-5E-Enhancer

1) Open the folder "- Extension Files" https://github.com/StyrmirThorarins/...ension%20Files (https://github.com/StyrmirThorarins/FG-5E-Enhancer/tree/master/-%20Extension%20Files)
Download the latest version of the extension file: "5E-Enhancer v?_?_?.ext"

Contains:
This is the actual extension, it includes the compressed codebase and a number of graphics.

2) Copy this file to your extension folder (example: Fantasy Grounds\Data\extensions\ [place file here] ).

3) Enable the '5E Enhancer v?_?_?' extension for your campaign in Fantasy Grounds.

fabiocm
May 28th, 2020, 00:06
I guess I'm installing it correctly.

I tried with different versions, but apparently FGU is not recognizing it.

StoryWeaver
May 28th, 2020, 16:07
Don't know what to tell you, works on my end and as far as I know it's working for everyone else.
Shows up as '5E Enhancer v0.10.1'.

Do you have FGC installed as well? If so maybe you're accidentally put it in the FGC extension folder instead of the FGU one?

Seliathas
May 28th, 2020, 17:19
I got it to load normally.

But the ranged attack at 5-10 feet away gives 15 feet range and after that, it gives 5 feet more than it should be 15=20, 20=25... etc

StoryWeaver
May 28th, 2020, 18:52
Maybe share what it was so it can help other people having similar problems?

ps
The range is working properly, just tested it.
An attack in melee range is in D&D considered an attack within 5'. An attack from two squares away etc. is considered 15' due to the same addition of the 5'. You'll see that the target select line will give you the same distance as long as you haven't added altitude to any of the tokens.

Seliathas
May 28th, 2020, 21:45
Didn't do anything different than in your installing guide to get it there.

Tho in my version the range doesn't work at all. 5 feet range is 15 feet range.

StoryWeaver
May 29th, 2020, 16:23
Make sure you use the standard range rules, the RAW one's don't work properly, I'm getting some strange readings there myself, I'll probably remove them in a later version.
Testing with the standard rules returns a ranged attack in melee range at all angles when within the 5' range, including 45 degrees as in the picture you submitted.

That aside if it still doesn't work for you, you can turn off automatic range modifiers in the menu items.

Bercilak
June 1st, 2020, 01:51
Hey Styrmir,
First, thanks so much for your work on this extension. My players and I love it.

I'm running into a couple of issues though.

Issue 1: A character with Crossbow Expert rolls their attack with disadvantage when engaged with a hostile token.
[5/31/2020 7:41:39 PM] FGU v4.0.0 ULTIMATE (2020-05-20)
[5/31/2020 7:41:39 PM] Launcher scene starting.
[5/31/2020 7:41:46 PM] Starting cloud server mode.
[5/31/2020 7:41:49 PM] Game server started. [68.183.117.123:53751]
[5/31/2020 7:41:49 PM] Launcher scene exiting.
[5/31/2020 7:41:49 PM] Match successfully created on lobby.
[5/31/2020 7:41:49 PM] Tabletop scene starting.
[5/31/2020 7:42:03 PM] Loaded FreeType library version 2.10.2
[5/31/2020 7:42:18 PM] [WARNING] Frame hotkeytitlebox contains out-of-range values in Middle.
[5/31/2020 7:42:18 PM] [WARNING] Frame hotkeytitlebox contains out-of-range values in Right.
[5/31/2020 7:42:18 PM] [WARNING] Frame dicetower_normal contains out-of-range values in Middle.
[5/31/2020 7:42:19 PM] RULESET: 5E ruleset v3.3.11 for Fantasy Grounds
Copyright 2019 Smiteworks USA, LLC
[5/31/2020 7:42:19 PM] RULESET: CoreRPG ruleset v3.3.11 for Fantasy Grounds
Copyright 2019 Smiteworks USA, LLC
[5/31/2020 7:42:19 PM] EXTENSION: Dungeons & Dragons Language Fonts (FR) v1.0\rfor Fantasy Grounds\rCopyright 2015 Smiteworks USA, LLC.\rD&D Copyright 2015 Wizards of the Coast LLC.
[5/31/2020 7:42:19 PM] EXTENSION: Dungeons & Dragons Theme v1.0\rfor Fantasy Grounds\rCopyright 2015 Smiteworks USA, LLC.\rD&D Copyright 2015 Wizards of the Coast LLC.
[5/31/2020 7:42:19 PM] EXTENSION: Dungeons & Dragons, D&D, Wizards of the Coast, their respective logos, the dragon ampersand, all Wizards titles, the fifth edition rules, and Wizards' character names and distinctive likenesses are property and copyright of Wizards of the Coast LLC in the USA and other countries. Used with permission.
[5/31/2020 7:42:19 PM] EXTENSION: 5E Enhancer v0.10.1
[5/31/2020 7:44:12 PM] [WARNING] Frame tabs contains out-of-range values in BottomLeft.
[5/31/2020 7:44:25 PM] s'Precise range of attack: ' | #3
[5/31/2020 7:44:25 PM] s'ranged attack in melee range'

Can you recreate the error consistently? Yes.
What are the precise steps to recreating the error? PC's token is engaged on the map with a hostile token. Player drags PC's attack throw onto engaged target.
Does this only happen when using a specific module, map, NPC, PC, weapon, etc.? Happens on multiple maps. Only 1 PC has the Crossbow Expert feat. Dungeon of the Mad Mage is the adventure module we are playing. But in a clean campaign with only Combat Enhancer and the PHB loaded, the same effects occur.
Any further information that could help to replicate and trace the error? Not that I know of.

[B]And here's Issue 2: Giant Spider's attacks read as out of range
Please post the console error printout here: (clipped to new errors)
[5/31/2020 7:47:19 PM] Campaign saved.
[5/31/2020 7:51:58 PM] s'Precise range of attack: ' | #8
[5/31/2020 7:51:58 PM] s'ranged attack outside max range'
[5/31/2020 7:52:20 PM] Campaign saved.

What are the precise steps to recreating the error? Using the Giant Spider's web attack returns an out of range result, even when within range.
Does this only happen when using a specific module, map, NPC, PC, weapon, etc.? No
Any further information that could help to replicate and trace the error? Not that I know of.

I know you have other stuff going on in your life, so no hurries, and I appreciate your time in even glancing at this stuff. It's most likely a user error of sorts.
Thanks again!
--Berc

StoryWeaver
June 1st, 2020, 13:22
Thank you for the complete bug reports Bercilak, I'll add them to the list and take a look when I can. : )

StoryWeaver
June 1st, 2020, 19:50
New version release!

v0.10.2 (1st Jun, 2020)
- Removed RAW option for automatic range finding as it wasn't working properly.
- Increased amount of abilities limit when checking for feats on PC's.
- Ranged attacks in melee for PC's with the Crossbow feat were rolling at a disadvantage. Fixed.
- Special NPC attacks including a recharge were differently named in DB entry name compared to CT parsed attack name. Added additional lua string pattern matching to DB entry name comparison to overcome this. Now works. ps. Rolling the same attack from the NPC window would work as name correlated to the DB entry then.
- Underlay switching to active actor (for DM) when turned on was not working. Fixed.
- The 'Token underlay opacity' menu setting will now also affect the opacity of underlays drawn using the 'Show faction/underlay' menu option instead of 'Underlay switching for active actor...' menu option.

Sub-extensions added!

### Installing (optional individual sub-extensions)

Parts of the whole extensions functionality has been cropped out into smaller sub-extensions.
So if you don't want to use the whole extension but want some of its functionality, then you can download any or all of these for use with FG, and use them individually instead.

Special thanks to ScriedRaven on the FG forums who contributed these to the project from the original code, and fall under the original private license.

ps. These extensions are not officially supported, only the main extension is.

To install sub-extensions:

1) Open the folder "- Extension files (sub-extensions)"

2) Copy any or all of these .ext files to your extension folder (example: Fantasy Grounds\Data\extensions\ [place file here] ).

3) Enable the extensions for your campaign in Fantasy Grounds.

Conflicts: Flanking works on it's own, but conflicts with the wounds extension.

Bercilak
June 2nd, 2020, 06:33
That was ridiculously fast for "take a look when I can"! Thank you!
--Berc

StoryWeaver
June 2nd, 2020, 19:57
Enjoy the extension. :)

jackkerouac
June 3rd, 2020, 23:36
I don't know if this has been mentioned already, but this plugin (which is AWESOME, BTW), seems to turn off functionality in DiabloBob and Rob Twohy's Critically Awesome Essentials. Specifically, the spell icon functionality. Without this extension active, CAE works as per usual. With this extension, the bottom line in the image below is gone:

JLBatman
June 4th, 2020, 14:00
Styrmir, do you have any idea what could have gotten borked in my build that would make the clear saves map toolbar icon(s) go away? I get the save check marks and Xs, but then they are permanent, as that clear button is now missing. I'm only running this extension, nothing else, and it's happening in all of my games now. I've tried using several versions of the extension but the problem keeps existing, so I think it's something with my system, but I don't have a clue what it could be.

Thanks bunches

ScriedRaven
June 4th, 2020, 14:56
Jack, unfortunately this extension isn't compatible with CAE

Batman, in the current build of 5e Enhancer there isn't a toolbar for clearing saves. From what I can go back and see it doesn't seem like it ever had it. The current way to clear saves is to type /dsave into the chat window.

JLBatman
June 4th, 2020, 14:59
Wow, then I was just remembering from the other one and never did have it! lol, that is both sad I didn't realize it, and very helpful because I was going mad trying to make it appear.

Thanks bunches!

jackkerouac
June 4th, 2020, 18:04
Jack, unfortunately this extension isn't compatible with CAE

Batman, in the current build of 5e Enhancer there isn't a toolbar for clearing saves. From what I can go back and see it doesn't seem like it ever had it. The current way to clear saves is to type /dsave into the chat window.

Bummer. Hopefully one or the other of the extension authors can find a fix. I'd love to have both working together.

As for using /dsave, I just bind the command to F3 - it makes it so much easier to use.

ScriedRaven
June 4th, 2020, 18:20
Bummer. Hopefully one or the other of the extension authors can find a fix. I'd love to have both working together.

That's why I've started making 5e Enhancer more modular (the files of which Stymir has kindly put into the github). I'm still working on getting flanking and wounds working together, so at this point it'll be a choice between those two (or use Kents flanking, which has its own issues).

jackkerouac
June 6th, 2020, 21:54
That's why I've started making 5e Enhancer more modular (the files of which Stymir has kindly put into the github). I'm still working on getting flanking and wounds working together, so at this point it'll be a choice between those two (or use Kents flanking, which has its own issues).

That's awesome. Here are the results of my (admittedly basic) testing: the only one that conflicts is Content Share. You can run all the others either individually or in any combination and they work with CAE, DM Tools.

ScriedRaven
June 6th, 2020, 23:04
I'd figured it was either that or the window resizer, but since Combat Enhancer was so bad about conflicting with everything, I thought I'd go ahead and split everything apart. At this point everything has its own sub-module.

pablomaz
June 7th, 2020, 16:22
I'd figured it was either that or the window resizer, but since Combat Enhancer was so bad about conflicting with everything, I thought I'd go ahead and split everything apart. At this point everything has its own sub-module.

Hang on, hang on a second... Your separation of Styrmir's CE makes it somehow compatible with DiabloBob's CAE/DM Tools for FGU?!

ScriedRaven
June 7th, 2020, 18:23
As with all things in Unity, I'm hesitant to say yes, but at present they seem to not conflict anywhere outside of Content Share.

pablomaz
June 7th, 2020, 18:47
As with all things in Unity, I'm hesitant to say yes, but at present they seem to not conflict anywhere outside of Content Share.

Content Share as the DM sharing content with the players? I'm kind of lost here, I'm sorry, ScriedRaven...

ScriedRaven
June 7th, 2020, 19:44
Content Chat Poster (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?48759-5e-Content-Chat-Poster) Here's the older version from before Stymir merged it with 5e Enhancer, I don't use it so I'd forgotten the exact name. It's a nice extension, but it conflicted with something else that I liked more so I stopped using it (this was back before DM tools was released so I don't remember what it was).

ScriedRaven
June 7th, 2020, 20:52
Sub-Extensions:
• Content Share: allows you and your players to right click on spells, character feats, features and traits and post the descriptive text directly to the chat text by selecting the new 'Post Text in Chat' menu option at the bottom.
• Faction Underlays: 'Reach underlay' and 'Faction/space underlay' made as toggle switches in the menu items. Re-add tokens to update. Active actor on CT token underlay made as toggle switches in the menu items. Clears all other underlays than the current actor.
• Flanking and Range: Automatic range finding from ranged attack. Toggable in menu. Disadvantage for medium to max range added automatically, sharpshooter feat negates this. Message output to chat. Options to detect flanking tokens
• Height: Add height widget to a token (DM only).
• Remove Actor: Delete tokens from map and CT with single mouse click. Alt + left mouse-click on token on map, deletes the token from the map. Alt + Ctrl + left mouse-click on token on map, deletes the token from the map and from the CT.
• Remove Effect: When an effect is dropped on a target in the CT or on a CT linked token on the map. If that target already has that effect, then it is removed from the target instead.
• Saves: Adds overlay to token after making a saving throw. /dsave to clear
• Skip Actor: Skip actors that haven’t rolled initiative
• Window Resizer: New menu options in your settings, under '5E Enhancer, Window Resizing'. Set as default window sizes on activation. But you can enable larger windows for any or all windows from the window menu.
• Wounds: Blood splatters on token when taking damage. Blood pools on tokens on death. Add X or skull or no graphics onto token on death. Horizontal health bars, Select health for tokens to be displayed as bars, or to be displayed as larger dots

All sub-extensions can be used together, or you can pick and choose which ones you want to use. Previous conflicts between sub-extensions have been fixed.D

StoryWeaver
June 8th, 2020, 19:51
This is a very large extension as far as non-ruleset extensions go. So it's not surprising that it does conflict with some other extensions out here.
While it is coded in such as way to leave as small a footprint as possible, when it does so many things, it's impossible to avoid conflicts all together.

The reason it conflicts, is because in order to make certain things work, overriding of certain core functions is needed. That's just the way the code base works, we build on top of two other base rulesets, and to enhance some things we need to interject code into those rulesets directly.
When other extensions are written to accomplish their tasks, they may need to override the same functions to do so, aka. conflict. Unavoidable in many cases.

It would be different if we were all contributing to the ruleset code, as things could be written in unison for functionality.

It does not surprise me that the content share portion conflicts with some, as for it to work it needs to override a number of frames. Any extension wanting to do the same will not work together.

This extension is pretty much written for the way I like to run my games, adding or improving functionality I've found lacking or missing in the official ruleset code bases.
And I've been sharing all that work (weeks of combined work hours at this point) with the community as I figured a number of you might the want for the same. Preferences will vary of course, as much as we are all different.

So when ScriedRaven contacted me and told me he'd split my extension into these sub modules, for his personal use, from the original code I thought it might be something that some of you might prefer. And for those of you who use other extensions that you find crucial that are indeed using similar parts of the core code to materialize, being able to pick and choose more I'm sure would be useful. Which is why I decided to share that contribution and upload along side the main extensions for all of you.

This extensions code has been designed from the start to be as cleanly separated as possible, where each functionality has its own code file as much as possible. This way it is more maintainable and has this option of splitting out parts more clearly available.

The reason the actual main extension is in one file rather than many (modular) is for maintenance and development purposes. I've kept adding functionality, and fine tuned code already in place since I started this project October of last year.
It already takes a lot of time, much as the one before it did. But if I would have kept these all as separate little extensions I doubt I'd written much of this functionality to begin with, and these now modular things would never have existed in the first place. On top of that keeping up with error or bug reports among different locations, documentation, pushing individual extension updates etc., would be tremendously time costly if they had been worked separately due to the regular updates I've pushed.
In short, it all adds up.

But this way, you get the best of both worlds.

vaughnlannister
June 9th, 2020, 16:48
Hi, I was wondering if my players should be able to see the cross when they kill a monster, at the moment I am able to see it but they are not?

Also I don't understand what the "Faction Underlay" extension does, even after reading the description, also couldn't find out in game what it did, could maybe explain some more?

Remove effect is amazing!!! So many problems we had with double effects on PCs.

Thanks!

ScriedRaven
June 9th, 2020, 17:04
They should be able to, I'll take a look later.

Faction Underlay allows you to change the opacity of the red/green/yellow box under a token, it gives the option to make the underlay only show under the actor with initiative, and I think there's another option I'm forgetting

StoryWeaver
June 9th, 2020, 17:05
They should be able to see it.

I tested this out on my end just now, connecting a client to my server. Blood and crosses are showing up for both, regardless of if it's the server or "player" doing the damage.

I'd need more details to be able to replicate the issue. Please fill in a full error report from the first page.

vaughnlannister
June 9th, 2020, 17:23
Ok thanks, there were also some other small things that weren't working for me, such as making the bar show on the left side of the token. I will send you a report on what issues I found.

Thanks for making this extension!

vaughnlannister
June 9th, 2020, 20:06
Hey cross was working for me now with all extension enabled.

Only found that I couldn't get the health bar the hovers above the token, to be put to the default left, or right.
This was the same when I disabled all my extensions.

Naimed
June 9th, 2020, 20:07
Hey, the extension looks awesome! However, it does not show up on my extensions list.. I am using FGU v4.0.0 (2020-06-06). Other extensions such as player agency DO show up.. I also checked that the folder is correctly linked and it is (as mentioned, other extensions do show up..)

Thanks again!
"
Edit: I thought the filename could be causing trouble so I changed it a bit. I tried with the latest release jsut the way it comes "FG-5E-Enhancer v0.10.2.ext". I tried also with a previous version, v.0.10.1, but it does not show up either..
Edit2: It does not show up on the Load Campaign either...

ScriedRaven
June 9th, 2020, 20:39
You installed it in FGC, not FGU

vaughnlannister
June 9th, 2020, 21:04
(Unity) Lol wrong person.

Naimed
June 9th, 2020, 22:16
You installed it in FGC, not FGU

Isn't it the data folder? Fgu has another folder for extensions? I don't even have Fgc installed..

ScriedRaven
June 9th, 2020, 23:16
Ah, I thought that the install location for unity defaulted to "fantasy grounds unity", but that might just be if it detects classic on your system. This was also the problem last time I saw someone with this problem, and it seemed to fit.

Looking back over it it seems like you downloaded the wrong file, as its size should be 7,430 KB, whereas yours is 132 KB.

LordEntrails
June 9th, 2020, 23:28
Looking back over it it seems like you downloaded the wrong file, as its size should be 7,430 KB, whereas yours is 132 KB.
This ^

When downloading files from GIT, you can NOT use right click download options. You will download the html file and not the extension file itself. You MUST use the "Download" button on the GIT repository.

Naimed
June 9th, 2020, 23:28
Ah, I thought that the install location for unity defaulted to "fantasy grounds unity", but that might just be if it detects classic on your system. This was also the problem last time I saw someone with this problem, and it seemed to fit.

Solved! Thank you!

Naimed
June 9th, 2020, 23:30
This ^

When downloading files from GIT, you can NOT use right click download options. You will download the html file and not the extension file itself. You MUST use the "Download" button on the GIT repository.

Yes, that was it. Thanks a lot! The confusing bit is that the extension was correct (it was .ext and not .html).
Thanks a lot!

LordEntrails
June 9th, 2020, 23:30
I downloaded it from the github linked above (https://github.com/StyrmirThorarins/FG-5E-Enhancer/tree/master/-%20Extension%20files%20(main%20extension)) .. I re-downloaded it and it still is 132 kb.. Would you have another download link?
Did you use the Dowload button?

EDIT: Ah, you got it :)

Booker Grimm
June 10th, 2020, 13:37
I know this has been mentioned before but how far off are you from implementing the 'Click a token on the map and find the entry on the CT feature'?
We play a face to face game and I have to find the CT entry for all NPCs when I want to deduct HP or add effects. It takes a while with big battles and really miss that feature.

Thanks for the excellent extension and any update on this issue.

Cheers,
Booker.

4wire
June 10th, 2020, 13:53
Hey!

I just pull from git and I'm getting this error:

s'db entries' | databasenode = { combattracker.list.id-00008 } | databasenode = { combattracker.list.id-00008.link } | nil | { }

I also do not get the death image anymore. I'll try to have a look but it is easy to reproduce. It may be an extension conflict.

[6/10/2020 8:51:36 AM] Handler error: [string "scripts/actor_condition.lua"]:51: getValue: Invalid parameter 2

That's in FGU

vaughnlannister
June 10th, 2020, 14:03
He said on Discord that it was not working in Fantasy ground classic yet.

4wire
June 10th, 2020, 14:10
He said on Discord that it was not working in Fantasy ground classic yet.

I updated my post. It was in FGU.

vaughnlannister
June 10th, 2020, 14:12
Hey, I was able to change the health bar in 5e Enhancer to "upper tall", then after toggling in GM Token options the health bar, I could get it to change to a taller green health bar.
I was trying to make the health bar appear to the side. But changing it to "Default left / Default left taller", off or, blank, did not make the health bar move to vertical left or right. Instead I would get a vertical health bar through the middle of my token, after I toggling through GM Token options the health bar.

Tested in Fantasy grounds unity.
With only 5e enhancer sub extension activated.

jrowsey1
June 13th, 2020, 19:11
I had an issue with the latest FGU update and the Range and Flanking Sub extention. Some of the attack action for weapons or spells wouldn't roll. Targeted the NPC on the map or CT and clicked to roll and nothing would happen. The raged attack by the Ranger that has the Sharpshooter feat was effected, but the Rogue that didn't have the feat could attack as normal. The Wizard couldn't attack roll with Ray of Frost from her spells power, but could attack with Shocking Grasp. Here's the error log that popped up for reference.

[6/13/2020 9:42:34 AM] s'Precise range of attack: ' | #65
[6/13/2020 9:42:34 AM] s'ranged attack within medium range, no modifier given'
[6/13/2020 9:42:34 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Script execution error: [string "scripts/automatic_range_modifier/manager_ac..."]:264: attempt to index global 'Helper' (a nil value)

If I disabled the Range & Flanking Sub-Extension, I do not get this error.

ScriedRaven
June 13th, 2020, 21:04
I had an issue with the latest FGU update and the Range and Flanking Sub extention.

Apparently I fixed this a while ago, and just forgot to send it to Stymir. It shouldn't take him too long to update it, but in the meantime if you add the faction underlays sub-extension in then it will work fine.

jrowsey1
June 13th, 2020, 21:33
Thanks! I’ll give it a shot.

asdfdsa
June 14th, 2020, 04:19
First I would like to say how much I have enjoyed your extension, it is fantastic. I am however seeing an issue I would like to report to you.
The issue is if I have "blood pools on death" turned on, and "skull or cross on actor death" turned on, when the NPC dies I can no longer select the token ( to delete or move off the battlefield) I recreated this, loaded a fresh campaign with only this extension and verified. usually when I mouse hover over a token I get the hand icon, however when this occurs I only get the arrow icon. I can sometimes click around and eventually get it. If I simply turn off blood pools on death I no longer have the issue (so not a show stopper)

Bug Report

Are you using Fantasy Grounds Unity? (I only support FGU with this extension. If you're using FG classic I'll refer you to the finalized version of my 5E Combat Enhancer extension instead.)
Yes

Yes

Yes v.0.10.2

No Errors

Yes

Yes

Take a PC and NPC with a letter token (wolf for example) and place them on CT.
Place tokens on map.
have PC kill NPC

Does this always happen?
I would say 85% of the time

I have found it to be consistent with any weapon

Not really, I lose the mouse when I try to use my snipping tool

no

webdove
June 14th, 2020, 05:29
Hi, THere is a bug in 5E Enhancer for Unity ranged attacks. The "bandit" NPC "Light Crossbow" entry is reported as 0 range when the NPC sheet says 80/320. The enhancer reports:
after chasing this a while I discovered that changing the weapon name to "Crossbow" makes it work.
Some thing in the weapon lookup code must be broken.
Web

StoryWeaver
June 16th, 2020, 22:30
Notification:

I did elude to this a few weeks back, but did push out a few updates since.

I have to put the development and support of this extension on hold for now due to real life reasons.

Furthermore I want to give FGU and its API's etc. some more time to mature or even fully release before doing more work on this.

BaneTBC
June 18th, 2020, 04:00
Hi, THere is a bug in 5E Enhancer for Unity ranged attacks. The "bandit" NPC "Light Crossbow" entry is reported as 0 range when the NPC sheet says 80/320. The enhancer reports:
after chasing this a while I discovered that changing the weapon name to "Crossbow" makes it work.
Some thing in the weapon lookup code must be broken.
Web

In the field for the ranged weapon, add in range before the range distances. i.e. for a longbow in the properties field: Ammunition (range 150/600), heavy, two-handed

nukeduster
June 19th, 2020, 19:13
Notification:

I did elude to this a few weeks back, but did push out a few updates since.

I have to put the development and support of this extension on hold for now due to real life reasons.

Furthermore I want to give FGU and its API's etc. some more time to mature or even fully release before doing more work on this.

Understandable. Also, thank you for all your hard work on this stuff. I lurk, but you should know how much your mod and efforts have helped me with GMing and making things more entertaining for myself and my players.

WinterSoldier7
June 23rd, 2020, 17:46
First I would like to say how much I have enjoyed your extension, it is fantastic. I am however seeing an issue I would like to report to you.
The issue is if I have "blood pools on death" turned on, and "skull or cross on actor death" turned on, when the NPC dies I can no longer select the token ( to delete or move off the battlefield) I recreated this, loaded a fresh campaign with only this extension and verified. usually when I mouse hover over a token I get the hand icon, however when this occurs I only get the arrow icon. I can sometimes click around and eventually get it. If I simply turn off blood pools on death I no longer have the issue (so not a show stopper)

Bug Report

Are you using Fantasy Grounds Unity? (I only support FGU with this extension. If you're using FG classic I'll refer you to the finalized version of my 5E Combat Enhancer extension instead.)
Yes

Yes

Yes v.0.10.2

No Errors

Yes

Yes

Take a PC and NPC with a letter token (wolf for example) and place them on CT.
Place tokens on map.
have PC kill NPC

Does this always happen?
I would say 85% of the time

I have found it to be consistent with any weapon

Not really, I lose the mouse when I try to use my snipping tool

no

I have found this is the case for me too. It appears the hit box to select the token drops to the bottom-right, so it can be selected but not by clicking the centre.

MarcusMapal
June 26th, 2020, 13:16
*del*

MarcusMapal
June 26th, 2020, 13:19
Hey, I was able to change the health bar in 5e Enhancer to "upper tall", then after toggling in GM Token options the health bar, I could get it to change to a taller green health bar.
I was trying to make the health bar appear to the side. But changing it to "Default left / Default left taller", off or, blank, did not make the health bar move to vertical left or right. Instead I would get a vertical health bar through the middle of my token, after I toggling through GM Token options the health bar.

Tested in Fantasy grounds unity.
With only 5e enhancer sub extension activated.

This is also an issue for me and my players, what did you do to fix it? I've had to turn off hp bars so they don't have a massive bar threw there tokens.