PDA

View Full Version : 5E Enhancer

Pages : 1 [2]

EllivasKram
June 30th, 2020, 16:22
Hi. I’m using this extension and I will be posting a payment to PayPal. As dmsguild have got my money for much less. But is it me or is v0.10.03 not downloadable as described I the readme file and url.

P.S. pinging the map is going to be very useful. Friends insist on using roll20 and I h
ave to admit it’s one feature I miss.

vaughnlannister
June 30th, 2020, 16:55
Hi, I found a problem with the 5e enhancer height sub extension. After turning almost all extensions off but a few, most that I left on were of 5e enhancer sub extensions.
I wasn't able to use shift + mouse wheel on a token (after clicking it), to add a height label.

Maybe recent unity changes could be causing this?

vaughnlannister
July 1st, 2020, 12:02
Hey I don't know what happened, I only turned of save-sub extension but the height indicator is working again :)!

ScriedRaven
July 2nd, 2020, 01:47
Hi, I found a problem with the 5e enhancer height sub extension. After turning almost all extensions off but a few, most that I left on were of 5e enhancer sub extensions.
I wasn't able to use shift + mouse wheel on a token (after clicking it), to add a height label.

I wasn't able to replicate, however I've found that if two extensions conflict then sometimes that error will persist even when turning off the extensions that caused it. Or maybe there's something else I'm missing. Anything else that might've changed messed with it?

vaughnlannister
July 4th, 2020, 18:31
Hey, today in our game we couldn't roll ranged attacks. After turning off the flanking sub-extensions, we could again roll attack for ranged.

Sorry for my late reply, didn't see your comment, I don't know why, its just working fine right now, weird though, if I find it not working I'll post here.

EllivasKram
July 16th, 2020, 17:27
Downloading 'Sub-Extensions' instead of the single extension.. Where is the link ?

GitHub not showing these ??

Jsiek
July 22nd, 2020, 19:22
Has this ever happened to anyone? One of my players fell unconscious and this happened. He likes to make the map part of the background where all other windows come to the foreground, by hitting that expand button. Is this a bug when using 5e Enhancer?

BaneTBC
July 22nd, 2020, 22:52
It would appear the extension creator has removed the files from the Github, so until they upload anything new or gives permission for others to work off it, you'll want to view this one as a "use at your own risk", if you run into problems, you'll need to work at solving them yourself (including modifying code).

WinterSoldier7
July 26th, 2020, 18:07
Is there a way for me to know which version I have installed?

Bercilak
July 26th, 2020, 21:05
Is there a way for me to know which version I have installed?

I think the version number shows up in the chat box when you load a campaign.

WinterSoldier7
July 26th, 2020, 21:14
Ah, it does, I remember - thank you.

I found out yesterday that my players do not see the blood spatter on the enemy tokens like I do as DM. Is this as intended?

Dudin
August 1st, 2020, 03:07
Is the folder that contains the primary extension to download no longer available? I was really excited to try it out, but I can't seem to find the actual extension to download.

EllivasKram
August 1st, 2020, 09:57
Yes we are all hoping Styrmir releases the UNITY version again. I think it’s pending official UNITY release as it’s a beta at the moment.

With clashing on features of ‘Critical Awesome Essentials’. I would recommend using the Sub-extensions and not implementing the Sharing Sub-component of this extension.

Now if you play with github you can get Previous versions of the files before it was taken down.

But it was taken down for a reason. Don’t pester Styrmir about issues and maybe send a donation via PayPal. 100% something that should be on DMSGUILD.

Now for a message to Styrmir. Love this extension. Hope real life is all ok. And you get time to publish this extension soon.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/member.php?128960-Styrmir

LordEntrails
August 1st, 2020, 18:08
Welcome!

Is the folder that contains the primary extension to download no longer available? I was really excited to try it out, but I can't seem to find the actual extension to download.
Correct, please see the OP, specifically this part;

Status

TEMPORARILY TAKEN DOWN

StoryWeaver
August 3rd, 2020, 18:38
Notification

I've added the extension files again so feel free to download and use them with FGU as you wish.

Due to some real life changes I'm unable to continue to develop the extension.
So I was wondering if any of you, that are able to work independently, would be interested to be added as collaborators to the project on GitHub.
With the intent to keep it up to date and continue to develop and add to it, to make 5E in FGU the best it can be. :)

wrandalljr4
August 10th, 2020, 23:02
Hello

Awesome extension for FGU, I just have a question, how do we remove the save fail and success icon. The old one had a button for it?

Warren

EllivasKram
August 10th, 2020, 23:21
Saving throw graphics: Adds saving grapical indicators for if a target succeeds of fails a saving throw. (use '/dsave' in the chat to delete these markers afterwards)

wrandalljr4
August 11th, 2020, 00:15
Thank you! :-)

WinterSoldier7
August 11th, 2020, 11:14
Didn't know I could delete those markers, thanks for the tip!

pablomaz
August 11th, 2020, 17:12
Hello

Awesome extension for FGU, I just have a question, how do we remove the save fail and success icon. The old one had a button for it?

Warren

You can kind of replicate the button, if you use one of your shortcurt slots with /dsave. One click and it's clean.

EllivasKram
August 11th, 2020, 17:27
Is anyone taking up the challenge of programming this extension moving forward.

Cutting my teeth on this extn seems daunting

arcanjl
August 15th, 2020, 17:21
Is it running ok in Unity right now? I have the health bar showing up in the middle of token. It is my first time trying it, and thought that I might be too late to enjoy it :(

webdove
August 15th, 2020, 17:32
Is it running ok in Unity right now? I have the health bar showing up in the middle of token. It is my first time trying it, and thought that I might be too late to enjoy it :(

Mine is still working. I use the subextensions for ranged attacks, remove actor, wounds and height which are compatible with DM tools and Critically Awesome Essentials for Unity.

arcanjl
August 15th, 2020, 18:05
that could be it, you turned off horizontal?

webdove
August 15th, 2020, 18:40
My setting "Horizontal Health Bars" is set to "Left, Default". I get colored health bars on the top edge of actors on the map.

SmackDaddy
August 31st, 2020, 17:45
Curious....the github states the following:

v0.10.3 (- Jun, 2020)

Added graphical widget for PC's dying. Shows up if either skull or cross widgets have been selected in the menu items on actor death.
Update range number by drawn range arrow with extension calculated ranges (including for height).

But only 0.10.2 is available for download. Where would 0.10.3 be located?

EllivasKram
August 31st, 2020, 18:43
Flanking in unity has become broken in this extension. I’m using Kent McCullough extensions on DMSguild now.

https://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/314487

Plus Death Indicator EX4.5 extension for unity.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?59203-Death-Indicator-Ex-v4-5-extension-for-5e-Fantasy-Grounds-Unity

Chudstar
September 4th, 2020, 00:27
Is there a way to remove the failed or passed checks on the tokens after a saving throw? There was an icon on FGC, but now I moved to unity and I dont know how to erase them as before. Any clue guys?

arcanjl
September 4th, 2020, 00:54
I believe in the previous page it said type into the chat

/dsave

Chudstar
September 4th, 2020, 01:16
I believe in the previous page it said type into the chat

/dsave

I see, thanks for remarking it!! I was lazy to read all the pages hehe. Cheers

arcanjl
September 4th, 2020, 02:41
NO problem! I have not tested it. ��

pablomaz
September 4th, 2020, 04:17
This thing is falling apart, isn't it? :- ( That's sad...

WinterSoldier7
September 4th, 2020, 09:35
Just a note; let your players know about the /dsave too as they will need to type the same in on their end.

I was thinking removing it as the DM removed it for everyone, but no. Maybe that's common knowledge, but it tripped me up.

EllivasKram
September 4th, 2020, 09:39
Tell your players to copy the /Dsave command from the chat channel to a shortcut button on the bottom row of shortcuts and then it’s easily done with a single click and no more typos

WinterSoldier7
September 6th, 2020, 15:50
I've suddenly started having an issue where the 'ranged advantage' feature isn't totalling distances correctly. It seems to be adding 10ft.

Confirmed it's not an issue with the grid, not sure what else could be causing it on my end. Anyone have any suggestions as to what it could be?

isaiaheverin
September 6th, 2020, 22:23
I've suddenly started having an issue where the 'ranged advantage' feature isn't totalling distances correctly. It seems to be adding 10ft.

Confirmed it's not an issue with the grid, not sure what else could be causing it on my end. Anyone have any suggestions as to what it could be?

Yeah, just came by because today all of our ranged attacks started rolling with disadvantage for no reason, disabling the plugin for now since it's causing a lot of trouble with correct rolls. I assume something in FGU updates messed up the code for this plugin.

Shireling
September 7th, 2020, 02:41
@Styrmir

Is there a way to not have the height centered below the token? I can't figure out if I have some setting wrong or why the height is not in the box... It works in FGC but this looks odd.

SmackDaddy
September 7th, 2020, 07:17
Curious....the github states the following:

v0.10.3 (- Jun, 2020)

Added graphical widget for PC's dying. Shows up if either skull or cross widgets have been selected in the menu items on actor death.
Update range number by drawn range arrow with extension calculated ranges (including for height).

But only 0.10.2 is available for download. Where would 0.10.3 be located?

Anyone know where 0.10.3 can be downloaded? Last I checked, it wasn't in the master download from the github page........

EllivasKram
September 7th, 2020, 07:19
Download the sub extensions. This is the extension cut into single functions. Especially useful for conflict resolution.

SmackDaddy
September 7th, 2020, 07:44
Download the sub extensions. This is the extension cut into single functions. Especially useful for conflict resolution.

Ok, thank you -- one thing the github instructions don't indicate is in the master zip file you can download, what are the files for in the folders: campaign, graphics, and scripts -- are any of those items needed for the sub-extensions to function? If not, then what are they even there for? Thank you in advance for any insight you can provide.

EllivasKram
September 7th, 2020, 08:48
I used to just run the ext files with no special config.

EllivasKram
Flanking in unity has become broken in this extension. I’m using Kent McCullough extensions on DMSguild now.

https://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/314487

Plus Death Indicator EX4.5 extension for unity.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-Grounds-Unity

WinterSoldier7
September 7th, 2020, 12:34
Yeah, just came by because today all of our ranged attacks started rolling with disadvantage for no reason, disabling the plugin for now since it's causing a lot of trouble with correct rolls. I assume something in FGU updates messed up the code for this plugin.

So, how does one safely disable this? I'm worried about just deleting things so want to check there's a secure way to do this.

EllivasKram
September 7th, 2020, 12:37
So, how does one safely disable this? I'm worried about just deleting things so want to check there's a secure way to do this.

Simply don’t enable it. At the campaign launch screen. Try initially to turn off feature broken in setup. But honestly you will miss the automation hence I went and got a paid for extension.

EllivasKram
September 7th, 2020, 12:41

Simply don’t enable it. At the campaign launch
screen. Try initially to turn off feature broken in setup. But honestly you will miss the automation hence I went and got a paid for extension.

Try this https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?59203-Death-Indicator-Ex-v4-5-extension-for-5e-Fantasy-Grounds-Unity&highlight=Death+indicator+for+unity

WinterSoldier7
September 7th, 2020, 13:11
Ah, of course, thanks!

Appreciate the link! Will take a look.

Shireling
September 11th, 2020, 06:52
Quick questions for everyone since this was my first session as a DM with Unity and 5e using this extension...

1 - Do I have an older version or is there an update that fixes where the height text is located in relation to the text box? Has anyone looked into the code to center both or move both to the bottom right orientation?
2 - Has anyone figured out how to remove the saving throw markers with the red Xs or green checkmarks? There used to be a button on the map itself near the buttons where you can target NPCs but it is no longer there...
3 - Also, my players could no longer adjust their height... Only I could. Are there some incompatibility issues or coding issues where only DM has access to that now?

EllivasKram
September 11th, 2020, 07:11
/dsave. Mentioned in many many posts in this thread.

ThingsCouldGetDicey
September 20th, 2020, 18:14
for the saves is it possible to make a master command for the dm to clear the saves for all the players like a /dsavep p for players. or something like that.

pablomaz
September 21st, 2020, 06:12
for the saves is it possible to make a master command for the dm to clear the saves for all the players like a /dsavep p for players. or something like that.

Are you asking or are you telling us?

paulelowey
September 24th, 2020, 23:19
We LOVE the added blood effects... but they are a little too much when placed over our tokens. I'd like to find my way inside this extension to change the blood overlay artwork to be just a little more subtle. Can anyone help me out with how/where to access those images?

Cimeryl
September 28th, 2020, 18:27
Hi, love these extension, but i have some issues, on Death (or unconscious ), the blood pool on death doesn't show up. The option is active in 5e enhancer menu, i've the complete v0.10.2. No blood trace either on Wounded, blood trace begin at Heavy status, Skull on dying.
I test whith a new campaign with only 5e Enhancer and Core RPG : Token Helper. Same Issues

Do i miss something ? Is there any way to make it work ?

paulelowey
September 28th, 2020, 19:43
Hi, love these extension, but i have some issues, on Death (or unconscious ), the blood pool on death doesn't show up. The option is active in 5e enhancer menu, i've the complete v0.10.2. No blood trace either on Wounded, blood trace begin at Heavy status, Skull on dying.
I test whith a new campaign with only 5e Enhancer and Core RPG : Token Helper. Same Issues

Do i miss something ? Is there any way to make it work ?

I've noticed that there is some connection happening with the health dot settings that makes the blood and death overlays appear. Try toggling some of those settings, and be sure to also remove and re-add your token to the map to ensure things are refreshed. (Disclaimer: I don't know what I'm talking about. I just know what I've been able to do to fix your problem which sounds very similar to a problem I was having.)

Cimeryl
September 28th, 2020, 23:36
I've noticed that there is some connection happening with the health dot settings that makes the blood and death overlays appear. Try toggling some of those settings, and be sure to also remove and re-add your token to the map to ensure things are refreshed. (Disclaimer: I don't know what I'm talking about. I just know what I've been able to do to fix your problem which sounds very similar to a problem I was having.)

Thanks for your answer. Issue with Wounds Mark are resolved with Option -> token (GM) -> Player : Show Enemy Health -> Detailed
But the Blood trace when the NPC is dead still not showing. I note something strange, Blood trace on Dead NPC token aren't the same in GM mode and Player mode. May be something to dig into, but i don't know how....
GM view39776
Player view 39777

mclimbin
October 19th, 2020, 05:32
I just wanted to say thanks to Styrmir for building this beautiful extension. My players really love it, and so do I. It adds a lot to the game.
I originally came here to check up on how to delete those X's and check marks after the characters throw a save. I found it on a previous page, (yes, the dreaded /dsave) and even saw that some awesome person suggested to copy the command into a quick slot. Genius!
Thanks to everyone!

Eriwan
October 21st, 2020, 07:11
I'm using only this .ext (v0.10.2) with FGU and I can't seem to modify certain windows. I've created a homebrew race and create power in the shape of spell to apply effect in the CT. Image 0001 show what happen when I unlock a spell without the .ext loaded (normal editing mode). Image 0002 show that same spell once I unlock it with the .ext loaded.
I believe the trouble lies within the "Content Share" aspect of this extention because image 0003 show that since I can content-share it, the editing mode does not work. But, in image 0004, since there is no content-share option for the race, the editing mode is right fulfully enable.

p.s.: If this issue has already been adressed, just refer me to the post number in this tread. (:

lazjen
October 22nd, 2020, 08:24
I found that "Automatic ranged modifiers" was not working for some NPCs setting the weapon range to 0. The code looks for "range" only, and not "ranged" as well to determine the range values to use.

I modified the "ranged_attacks.lua" to check for both. Essentially the change is to add '[d]?' in the string.match calls that look for the range info.

I've forked the github repo: https://github.com/chrisryan10/FG-5E-Enhancer and applied my changes to the script there, but I have not created a new .ext package. I've also raised a Pull Request against https://github.com/StyrmirThorarins/FG-5E-Enhancer/ (at: https://github.com/StyrmirThorarins/FG-5E-Enhancer/pull/1) to hopefully get the change back into the extension source.

Berwind
October 27th, 2020, 09:49
For the last several days I have been working on making flanking work for Large size tokens as an actor, target, and ally.
I can say with 90% confidence that I have successfully gotten flanking with large creatures to work.

I am fairly new to programming in general, let alone LUA. so I don't doubt there's quite a bit of redundancy. I have also done my best to test all positions and available token types with medium and large sizes. (Medium on large on medium, large on large on large, ect..)

If anyone is up for trying it, you can place it in your FG-5E-Enhancer.ext(opened with winrar or something similar) or related flanking extension ext in the \scripts\flanking folder
https://mega.nz/file/mi5SWSjY#-vYV0kwGW6nwRh6DVHrvDFqRA82vmKVLhl8yMdY79Ig

Please note, this is a modified version of the flanking.lua written by Strymir who owns the content.

Egheal
October 27th, 2020, 15:40
Thanks Lazjen and Berwind for your work on this great extension !

Mazzar
October 30th, 2020, 21:40
Does this extension now update the target distance based on the height? I know @styrmir was working on that and the github said he added it.

Rylan Storm
November 1st, 2020, 16:43
Hey guys, sorry if I'm being dim but I'm totally new to things like Github. Where's the most recent copy of this extension please and, is it in a workable state?

lazjen
November 2nd, 2020, 07:12
It's as per the first post, although Berwind and I have made our own changes which can be applied as mentioned previously. Neither of us have the right to publish a new version with the changes, so you need to do the work yourself.

Eriwan
November 3rd, 2020, 19:38
For the last several days I have been working on making flanking work for Large size tokens as an actor, target, and ally.
I can say with 90% confidence that I have successfully gotten flanking with large creatures to work.

I am fairly new to programming in general, let alone LUA. so I don't doubt there's quite a bit of redundancy. I have also done my best to test all positions and available token types with medium and large sizes. (Medium on large on medium, large on large on large, ect..)

If anyone is up for trying it, you can place it in your FG-5E-Enhancer.ext(opened with winrar or something similar) or related flanking extension ext in the \scripts\flanking folder
https://mega.nz/file/mi5SWSjY#-vYV0kwGW6nwRh6DVHrvDFqRA82vmKVLhl8yMdY79Ig

Please note, this is a modified version of the flanking.lua written by Strymir who owns the content.

Hi, thanks for the dedication. Unfortunately, I've place that file in the flanking sub-extension using winRAR. And when I've tried it, nothing new seems to have happened:
For medium on large on medium (side to side or corner to corner) 40716 40719;
Neither for large on medium on large 40718;
Nor for Large on Large on medium 40720.

But know that Large on Large on Large works (side to side and conrner to corner) works quite fine! (:

Berwind
November 4th, 2020, 11:09
Hi, thanks for the dedication. Unfortunately, I've place that file in the flanking sub-extension using winRAR. And when I've tried it, nothing new seems to have happened:
For medium on large on medium (side to side or corner to corner) 40716 40719;
Neither for large on medium on large 40718;
Nor for Large on Large on medium 40720.

But know that Large on Large on Large works (side to side and conrner to corner) works quite fine! (:

I double checked my uploaded script and it still works just fine for me in both FG-5E-Enhancer.ext and 5E Enhancer - Flanking and Range.ext files.

Does medum on medium on medium work for you?
If not: When you place tokens on the map; try (re-)placing them via the combat tracker, even for PCs.
Sometimes tokens that had been previously placed will cease to function with the combat tracker and need to be replaced.
Tokens without a CT entry will not function with the script.

I have been trying to recreate your issue without any success.
Large on medium on Large test (https://i.gyazo.com/76452bfbd88d0c1622d4812c52bdfac7.mp4)

Unrelated Note:
I've taken some time to figure out github and posted my own Fork with the flanking file https://github.com/Berwind24/FG-5E-Enhancer/tree/patch-1/scripts/flanking, as well as a pull request https://github.com/Berwind24/FG-5E-Enhancer/tree/patch-1/scripts/flanking

Eriwan
November 6th, 2020, 06:12
Weird, the trouble was never with the CT or even the tokens, but with the map it-self. I do have to say that I kept on bringing back the token onto the map from the 5e Sample Campaign (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?28150-New-5E-Sample-Campaign-Tutorial-Available&p=548001#post548001), but since that FGU's folder is empty I've ported that campaign straight from FGC, which is probably why Med on Med on Med and Lar on Lar on Lar work, but not cross-sized.

Therewith, the flanking does works! (: Nevertheless, after some trials, it stops working for some tokens, but not all. I'll have to check later, to identify what was the combination that made it bug.

Kelrugem
November 6th, 2020, 19:43
Weird, the trouble was never with the CT or even the tokens, but with the map it-self. I do have to say that I kept on bringing back the token onto the map from the 5e Sample Campaign (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?28150-New-5E-Sample-Campaign-Tutorial-Available&p=548001#post548001), but since that FGU's folder is empty I've ported that campaign straight from FGC, which is probably why Med on Med on Med and Lar on Lar on Lar work, but not cross-sized.

Therewith, the flanking does works! (: Nevertheless, after some trials, it stops working for some tokens, but not all. I'll have to check later, to identify what was the combination that made it bug.

I didn't read your full conversation, but I saw that you mentioned WinRar: Do not use WinRar for zipping extensions, it is known that this can cause issues :)

Berwind
November 7th, 2020, 00:30
I didn't read your full conversation, but I saw that you mentioned WinRar: Do not use WinRar for zipping extensions, it is known that this can cause issues :)

I've always opened with WinRar, I never actually unpacked and repacked- I was just able to drop the file in without repacking; so I've never experienced any issues.
I'll keep that in mind if I post/edit more.

Is WinRar the issue, or do you just need to be sure to save it as a .zip?

I almost always create new campaigns to test new extensions, so I could see that being an issue. Though everything should supposedly work if ported from Classic to Unity so that may be fixed with the full release of Unity.
I sent you a PM to see if I might be able to help you out.

Kelrugem
November 7th, 2020, 00:43
I've always opened with WinRar, I never actually unpacked and repacked- I was just able to drop the file in without repacking; so I've never experienced any issues.
I'll keep that in mind if I post/edit more.

Is WinRar the issue, or do you just need to be sure to save it as a .zip?

I almost always create new campaigns to test new extensions, so I could see that being an issue. Though everything should supposedly work if ported from Classic to Unity so that may be fixed with the full release of Unity.

Yeah, in that case it is more about to not save it as .rar, I think :) But one never knows :)

About compatibility: FGU does not claim that extensions will still work (actually, the opposite, especially when it is about image and token stuff), I needed to do a lot of updating for my extensions to make them compatible with FGU :)

Berwind
November 7th, 2020, 01:37

I've actually just managed to recreate the issue using the Sample Campaign tutorial Eriwan linked.

As I was modifying the script for large tokens, I've found out that Fantasy Grounds Unity considers the "center" of the token to be in the top left corner of the token (https://i.gyazo.com/704748399aebcd52ec391443b6ba4f26.png); Which is used as a reference point in the script.
After testing with the imported Sample Campaign, I've found that Fantasy Grounds Classic considers the "center" to be in the center of the token (https://i.gyazo.com/a88555cab8a2add12036bc4845a3c730.png). As a result, the campaign remembers this when importing a game from Classic to Unity and the script will not function properly. (even new tokens dragged in from updated modules will take this property)

I could create a bandaid fix for Classic to Unity imports, but I would rather just reccomend creating a game in Unity for the script to function if you intend to use Unity to avoid further complication.

eporrini
November 12th, 2020, 21:12
Is anyone else seeing issues with automatic ranged modifier? I’ve had to turn it off in my game. The specific issue was around throwing daggers.

aulyre
November 15th, 2020, 22:54
Hello,

I have version 10.2 of the FGU Enhancer. It had been working great, but recently (maybe in the last 2 weeks?), I noticed that NPCs ranged attacks are not calculating range distances correctly and causing the attacks to role with disadvantage. Is this something that has been reported before? Does anyone know of a fix?

Thanks!

aulyre
November 15th, 2020, 23:47
@eporrini

Is anyone else seeing issues with automatic ranged modifier? I’ve had to turn it off in my game. The specific issue was around throwing daggers.

I was having problems with ranged modifiers with player characters only that were imported from DnD Beyond. Once I removed the ranged weapon from the inventory and re-added it in FG from Items, the issue would be resolved.

Berwind
November 18th, 2020, 12:24
I've added some positions to the flanking script for large creatures that I had overlooked from the optional flaking rules on page 251 of the DMG.
Large creatures will now properly flank as long as one square qualifies for flanking.

Mega.nz (https://mega.nz/file/j7wzGCJK#xxOUIT2WIPCOISiSaYc-HZQG5HVM96UBPcGw4zFKRF8)
Github (https://github.com/Berwind24/FG-5E-Enhancer/edit/patch-1/scripts/flanking/flanking.lua)

If I have time I may be working on Huge and Gargantuan later.

Alkenix
November 22nd, 2020, 01:55
Hey guys.
I cant see any blood on the token if I install the ext. as written in the first post of this.
- Guess I still need to place blood pictures somewhere? But where?

And I cant use the auto. ranged thing..
If I try to atk with a bow in melee the atk roll do not work. Only the dmg dice rolls on the targed.
- But if I do turn it off in setting the ranged atk in melee do work again (classic without dis)..

Edit: I've tested this all in a fresh campaign too.. Still not working. :(

lazjen
November 22nd, 2020, 08:21
From memory, you have to set some config on in the options to get the blood. Have you done that?

Alkenix
November 22nd, 2020, 14:42
Okey.. The ranged thing works now.. Still have the problem with no blood or death token shown. Any ideas? Already activated it in the settings...

Egheal
November 22nd, 2020, 17:34
On my session (DM side) i don't see the blood effects and skulls or crosses. But my players can see all of that.

TristarDM
December 6th, 2020, 02:19
Hello,

I have version 10.2 of the FGU Enhancer. It had been working great, but recently (maybe in the last 2 weeks?), I noticed that NPCs ranged attacks are not calculating range distances correctly and causing the attacks to role with disadvantage. Is this something that has been reported before? Does anyone know of a fix?

Thanks!

Yes, I am currently having this exact issue, and I have been having this issue for weeks now. I also have the 10.2 FGU Enhancer. My NPC ranged attacks have the wrong distance (showing 0), and all the attacks are all with disadvantage. My PCs do not have this issue.

Eriwan
December 6th, 2020, 19:01
Yes, I am currently having this exact issue, and I have been having this issue for weeks now. I also have the 10.2 FGU Enhancer. My NPC ranged attacks have the wrong distance (showing 0), and all the attacks are all with disadvantage. My PCs do not have this issue.

Hast thou included the modification made by @lazjen? The original files only look for "Range: x ft", therefore if the stat block indicates Ranged: x ft, the extension can find a range and report 0. lazjen corrected it for the extension to look for both words in the inquiry.

aulyre
December 7th, 2020, 01:19
Hast thou included the modification made by @lazjen? The original files only look for "Range: x ft", therefore if the stat block indicates Ranged: x ft, the extension can find a range and report 0. lazjen corrected it for the extension to look for both words in the inquiry.

O, is this on github in the same location?

Berwind
December 7th, 2020, 03:11
O, is this on github in the same location?

You can see my and Lazjen's updates within the last few pages of the thread or on our github pages.

for flanking edit:
https://github.com/Berwind24/FG-5E-Enhancer/blob/patch-1/scripts/flanking/flanking.lua

for the ranged modifier edit:
https://github.com/chrisryan10/FG-5E-Enhancer/blob/master/scripts/automatic_range_modifier/ranged_attacks.lua

You can also see our pull requests on the main github page for 5e-enhancer:
https://github.com/StyrmirThorarins/FG-5E-Enhancer
https://github.com/StyrmirThorarins/FG-5E-Enhancer/pulls

as well as the forks we've made for our own 5e-enhancer edits (along with anyone else that may have forked for their own edits/use):
https://github.com/StyrmirThorarins/FG-5E-Enhancer/network/members (lazjen is chrisryan10, I believe.)

It just takes a bit getting used to with github navigation.
I'm hoping Styrmir will work our amendments to the scripts into the next version, or at least approve our pull requests to get our updates in; so that future users won't have to muddle around as much.

eporrini
December 11th, 2020, 22:33
Notification

I've added the extension files again so feel free to download and use them with FGU as you wish.

Due to some real life changes I'm unable to continue to develop the extension.
So I was wondering if any of you, that are able to work independently, would be interested to be added as collaborators to the project on GitHub.
With the intent to keep it up to date and continue to develop and add to it, to make 5E in FGU the best it can be. :)

Are any developers interested in carrying this forward? Seems like Stymir indicated back in August that he will no longer support/develop it.

Berwind
December 12th, 2020, 02:24
Are any developers interested in carrying this forward? Seems like Stymir indicated back in August that he will no longer support/develop it.

I sent Strymir a PM with my update to flanking and I haven't received a reply yet, I saw that lazjen had made their push request and fork on github, so I thought I'd follow that in the meantime.

eporrini
December 12th, 2020, 18:13
You can see my and Lazjen's updates within the last few pages of the thread or on our github pages.

for flanking edit:
https://github.com/Berwind24/FG-5E-Enhancer/blob/patch-1/scripts/flanking/flanking.lua

for the ranged modifier edit:
https://github.com/chrisryan10/FG-5E-Enhancer/blob/master/scripts/automatic_range_modifier/ranged_attacks.lua

You can also see our pull requests on the main github page for 5e-enhancer:
https://github.com/StyrmirThorarins/FG-5E-Enhancer
https://github.com/StyrmirThorarins/FG-5E-Enhancer/pulls

as well as the forks we've made for our own 5e-enhancer edits (along with anyone else that may have forked for their own edits/use):
https://github.com/StyrmirThorarins/FG-5E-Enhancer/network/members (lazjen is chrisryan10, I believe.)

It just takes a bit getting used to with github navigation.
I'm hoping Styrmir will work our amendments to the scripts into the next version, or at least approve our pull requests to get our updates in; so that future users won't have to muddle around as much.

Guys, how do I pull an updated extension, such as the one with the ranged modifier edit, from the link? It appears to be the same file (size and versioning) of the original . Are the changes included?

Berwind
December 12th, 2020, 18:40
Guys, how do I pull an updated extension, such as the one with the ranged modifier edit, from the link? It appears to be the same file (size and versioning) of the original . Are the changes included?

The extension files under lazjen's github have not been modified as of yet, you'll need to pull the lua from the scripts folder.

You'll have to navigate to the LUA file on github, and drop it into the corresponding folder in the extension file.
so for the ranged modifier edit, you'll navigate to: FG-5E-Enhancer/scripts/automatic_range_modifier/
(https://github.com/chrisryan10/FG-5E-Enhancer/tree/master/scripts/automatic_range_modifier) and copy the contents of ranged_attacks.lua and place it in the FG-5E-Enhancer.ext file under /scripts/automatic_range_modifier/ranged_attacks.lua to replace the contents original file (you will need to open the extension file with a program like winzip or winrar if your system cannot open .zip or .ext files).

lazjen
December 14th, 2020, 08:01
I have heard nothing on this either. Given the detailed setup on Strymir's Github, there is no way I'm going to just grab it and publish a new version.

lazjen
December 30th, 2020, 05:23
I found some more bugs in the ranged attacks code - one was mine, but there were a number of existing issues as well.

Updated file can be found here: https://github.com/chrisryan10/FG-5E-Enhancer/blob/master/scripts/automatic_range_modifier/ranged_attacks.lua

Replace it in your extension using the instructions previously given in this thread.

Egheal
January 2nd, 2021, 06:49
Thanks Lazjen !

TheoGeek
January 3rd, 2021, 14:40
I've been getting back to D&D after a break and am not sure which files I need for this extension to work anymore. :) I'm getting an error that "acquireMeasureSemaphore" isn't defined, that I wasn't getting before with the version of this extension I am using. Was this a Smiteworks provided function that was deprecated (seems to be since I didn't change anything with my setup except updates via the launcher and went to run it last night and got this error)

Thanks!

MrDDT
January 3rd, 2021, 16:47
I've been getting back to D&D after a break and am not sure which files I need for this extension to work anymore. :) I'm getting an error that "acquireMeasureSemaphore" isn't defined, that I wasn't getting before with the version of this extension I am using. Was this a Smiteworks provided function that was deprecated (seems to be since I didn't change anything with my setup except updates via the launcher and went to run it last night and got this error)

Thanks!

Use the sub extensions, then you can limit it down to which one is causing the problem.

Also are you running only these 3 exts? There might be some conflicts.

They work for me, and I use some of your exts too.

WinterSoldier7
January 6th, 2021, 19:20
I've noticed that the option to turn off 'saving throw graphics' doesn't work, success or fail on a saving throw still covers up the token with a huge green tick or red cross symbol - which never goes away.

I've isolated and turned off the 'Saving Throw' sub extension, so I can still enjoy the other benefits of the extension.

EllivasKram
January 6th, 2021, 23:38
/dsave in chat channel will delete success graphic. Copy /dsave command into a hotkey shortcut at the bottom of the screen.

It’s in the instructions.

EllivasKram
January 6th, 2021, 23:39
Also. Try using matjams death indicators. Works without clashes imho

WinterSoldier7
January 6th, 2021, 23:47
/dsave in chat channel will delete success graphic. Copy /dsave command into a hotkey shortcut at the bottom of the screen.

It’s in the instructions.

I know it is. My point here was that the option to have it turned off doesn't work. Assuming the option for 'saving throw graphics' relates to that.

daddyogreman
January 7th, 2021, 21:04
Has anyone attempted something similar for the PFRPG ruleset? I know PF 2E is now out, so I figure 1st edition pathfinder exentsions/modules/etc are probably going to go stale from here on out, but I would LOVE to have this or similar functionality in my 1st edition Pathfinder campaign running on Unity.
I've cloned the repo and had a look, but this would be my first wade into anything beyond a simple module with some images in it. Looks like a fair bit of ramp up as I don't know lua (tho a developer by trade so it wouldn't be horrible) or ANY of the framework/APIs around coding against fantasy grounds.
Thus far I just changed the ruleset of this from 5E to PFRPG but I haven't even tried loading it up yet and fully expect it to crash and burn in glorious ways when I do, after briefly looking over the code here, as I understand the various rulesets have differing names for windows and obviously will have different stats, etc.
But as I've been running the same Pathfinder 1st edition campaign for literal real life years and expect to continue to do so (we just don't meet that often), I get jealous after every time I run a 5E session with this extension installed.

Kelrugem
January 7th, 2021, 23:40
Has anyone attempted something similar for the PFRPG ruleset? I know PF 2E is now out, so I figure 1st edition pathfinder exentsions/modules/etc are probably going to go stale from here on out, but I would LOVE to have this or similar functionality in my 1st edition Pathfinder campaign running on Unity.
I've cloned the repo and had a look, but this would be my first wade into anything beyond a simple module with some images in it. Looks like a fair bit of ramp up as I don't know lua (tho a developer by trade so it wouldn't be horrible) or ANY of the framework/APIs around coding against fantasy grounds.
Thus far I just changed the ruleset of this from 5E to PFRPG but I haven't even tried loading it up yet and fully expect it to crash and burn in glorious ways when I do, after briefly looking over the code here, as I understand the various rulesets have differing names for windows and obviously will have different stats, etc.
But as I've been running the same Pathfinder 1st edition campaign for literal real life years and expect to continue to do so (we just don't meet that often), I get jealous after every time I run a 5E session with this extension installed.

Just look here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?15925-3E-D-amp-D-Pathfinder-Community-Extensions :) There are a looot of extensions, and despite your fear that they get less, they actually got more in the last months :)

There are some extensions similar to the features provided here :)

daddyogreman
January 8th, 2021, 00:43
Just look here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?15925-3E-D-amp-D-Pathfinder-Community-Extensions :) There are a looot of extensions, and despite your fear that they get less, they actually got more in the last months :)

There are some extensions similar to the features provided here :)

You're my hero! I dunno how I missed that Full Overlay package of yours! Cheers!

Naurthoron
January 11th, 2021, 08:06
FYI https://github.com/chrisryan10/FG-5E-Enhancer/blob/master/scripts/automatic_range_modifier/ranged_attacks.lua is breaking DM Tools Spell tokens.
I did not see a way to create an issue in github (disabled?).

lazjen
January 11th, 2021, 08:20
FYI https://github.com/chrisryan10/FG-5E-Enhancer/blob/master/scripts/automatic_range_modifier/ranged_attacks.lua is breaking DM Tools Spell tokens.
I did not see a way to create an issue in github (disabled?).

Might as well post here, I'm following the thread.

Got any error details? (In the console logs).

What does that extension do?

Naurthoron
January 11th, 2021, 09:51
Might as well post here, I'm following the thread.

Got any error details? (In the console logs).

What does that extension do?

DM Tools extension provides an option to associate a token in the Add Action radial menu on a spell, this option does not appear anymore with the 5E enhancer extension activated.
The only console warning I have is "Frame tabs contains out-of-range values in BottomLeft", not sure it is related to this issue though as it appears when opening the character sheet.

I narrowed it down by try and error with the sub-extensions to the 5E Enhancer - Flanking and Range extension.
As it was related to spells I suspected the ranged_attacks.lua to be the better conflict candidate and only updated the sub-extension with flanking.lua modified, and there I could see again the option to associate a token to a spell.
I was too quick and forgot to validate the issue by adding the modified ranged_attacks.lua. Because after double-checking, it works as well...

After further troubleshooting, trying back with full extension packaged in one file from your fork and also when using Berwind's fork with flanking lua modification, the problem appears.
Again same issue when going back to Full package with the original extension version 0.10.2 and also with the github version 0.11.0
So this issue is actually happening when using the full packaged extension and not just when only modifying the modified ranged_attacks.lua and the flanking.lua in the sub-extensions.

The mess with non-consolidated forks does not help :-)

lazjen
January 11th, 2021, 11:15
DM Tools extension provides an option to associate a token in the Add Action radial menu on a spell, this option does not appear anymore with the 5E enhancer extension activated.
The only console warning I have is "Frame tabs contains out-of-range values in BottomLeft", not sure it is related to this issue though as it appears when opening the character sheet.

I narrowed it down by try and error with the sub-extensions to the 5E Enhancer - Flanking and Range extension.
As it was related to spells I suspected the ranged_attacks.lua to be the better conflict candidate and only updated the sub-extension with flanking.lua modified, and there I could see again the option to associate a token to a spell.
I was too quick and forgot to validate the issue by adding the modified ranged_attacks.lua. Because after double-checking, it works as well...

After further troubleshooting, trying back with full extension packaged in one file from your fork and also when using Berwind's fork with flanking lua modification, the problem appears.
Again same issue when going back to Full package with the original extension version 0.10.2 and also with the github version 0.11.0
So this issue is actually happening when using the full packaged extension and not just when only modifying the modified ranged_attacks.lua and the flanking.lua in the sub-extensions.

The mess with non-consolidated forks does not help :-)

Agreed. Not much I can do about it. If I had the time available, I think I'd write a new extension from scratch for the features I want.

The extension system is a great idea, but it needs more work to make it better - more resilient and easier to debug.

kalaolani
January 14th, 2021, 22:51
I've downloaded the EXT files and placed them in /home/blah/.smiteworks/fgdata/extensions. Unlike other extensions, I do not see a way to enable the extension in FGU. It's not even listed like other extensions like RobT's and KentM's.

Is there a build step that I'm missing from git hub to get all of the graphics, scripts, etc, etc into the EXT file? It looks to me like the EXT file is just an XML doc. For example, https://github.com/StyrmirThorarins/FG-5E-Enhancer/blob/master/Extension%20files%20(complete%20extension)/FG-5E-Enhancer%20v0.10.0.ext

eporrini
January 14th, 2021, 23:16
Can one of you that forked this extension copy off the old code and start a meeting GitHub with the changes implemented while providing appropriate credit to the original developer? His original intent, as called out in this thread, was to have someone else carry his work forward. We can start a new thread with a new name and move off of this. Maybe a couple of you guys could even share responsibility if there was a desire. This is one of the must have extensions for 5e and it’s slowly dying without care and feeding.

Torius
January 14th, 2021, 23:53
I just had this happen myself and i think it was my inexperience with Github. I thought I had downloaded the extension correctly, but I did not.

What I did to finally get the correct file is go to the folder on Github:

FG-5E-Enhancer/Extension files (complete extension)/

Then I found the version for FGU and clicked on that. ( I chose the FG-5E-Enhancer v0.10.2.ext)

On the next page, there is a button that says Download

Once downloaded do as you mentioned and place in the extensions folder (mine was C:\Users\name\AppData\Roaming\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds Unity\extensions

Good luck, I just got mine to work!

Naurthoron
January 15th, 2021, 09:10
If you download the master, it is embedded in a folder, the root of your .ext archive should directly contain the extension.xml file, else it won't work.

Noelus
January 23rd, 2021, 13:06
Hi. Just wondered if anyone else is having problems with the height extension after the latest update (FGU v4.0.8 ULTIMATE). I'm getting errors in the console whenever I use the mouse wheel, specifically when I try to resize tokens:-

[1/23/2021 1:01:48 PM] s'5E Enhancer: Token.onWheel handler warning produced on purpose to force fallback to original token scaling code.'
[1/23/2021 1:01:48 PM] [ERROR] Handler error: [string "scripts/token_wheel_manager.lua"]:22: attempt to call field 'onWheel' (a nil value)

These errors repeat whenever I use the wheel. I can confirm that this does not happen if I disable the height extension. Does anyone have any idea how I can resolve this? I'm not a programmer but do have some technical ability.

KarmaKamikaze
January 23rd, 2021, 18:57
When I manually resize the windows, it jumps back to whatever setting I have set in this mod's settings when I reopen it. I cannot find a way to retain my manually resized windows sizes.
I have tried removing the windowstate.xml file and the error still occurred.

Are you using Fantasy Grounds Unity? (I only support FGU with this extension. If you're using FG classic I'll refer you to the finalized version of my 5E Combat Enhancer extension instead.)
Yes

Is your FG software up to date?
Yes

Do you have the latest version of the extensions installed? (You can see the most up to date version number in the first post on page 1, the version number is printed in FG on start in the chat.)
No - maybe? Current version on this site says 0.10.1 but I seem to have 0.10.2.

Please post the console error printout here:
(This is the error log window text. It can be opened by typing '/console' in the FG text window if it didn't open by itself. Also if there are no output errors, state that here.)
There are no error outputs.

If you create a new (clean) campaign, with ONLY the 5E Enhancer extensions enabled, does the error still occur?
Yes.

Can you recreate the error consistently?
It happens consistently - manual resizing never works.

What are the precise steps to recreating the error?
I manually resize a window. I close it and open it again and it is back to either default or larger settings from this mod.

Does this always happen?
Yes

Does this only happen when using a specific module, map, NPC, PC, weapon, etc.?
(The more in depth information on which these are the better.)
It happens on a new campaign, in old campaigns - even after deleting the windowstate.xml file and resetting all saved sizes. It does not matter if I

Do you have a screenshot you could share?
I manually resize to e.g. this size:
https://prntscr.com/xihr3x
I close the window and reopen it and it looks like this:
https://prntscr.com/xihrx1

Zacchaeus
January 23rd, 2021, 20:17
As fra as I'm aware (and according to the first post) this extension is no longer under development or supported. So I guess use with caution or not at all.

KarmaKamikaze
January 27th, 2021, 21:28
It is just such a great piece of work that it would be a shame to see it deteriorate.

I do not understand much about lua code, but after looking around, the author claims that the values in windowstate.xml holds priority over the function that attempt to resize the windows. Can anyone confirm if this is true? The windows are manipulated using the setSize on the windowinstance object but this function seems to run no matter what, hence why I'm not sure about the prioritization.

Darth Jerod
February 2nd, 2021, 01:44
I know that this is no longer in development. However I thought I would share something that happened somewhere between Last night and three weeks ago.

When I try to change the size of a token I get an error message. Everything still works this just pops up on everyones screens as well. At least once or twice.

[2/1/2021 7:41:00 PM] s'5E Enhancer: Token.onWheel handler warning produced on purpose to force fallback to original token scaling code.'
[2/1/2021 7:41:00 PM] [ERROR] Handler error: [string "scripts/token_wheel_manager.lua"]:22: attempt to call field 'onWheel' (a nil value)

daddyogreman
February 2nd, 2021, 03:24
What is the state of this extension anyway? I think I've read through here that the original author has gone non responsive? The code was up on github and I've forked it and fixed the particular issue above. Is it cool to paste a link to my fork? I'd hate for this extension to wither and die and if that means I do what I can to keep it running, I'll do it as time allows. I love this extension.

Trenloe
February 2nd, 2021, 13:33
Is it cool to paste a link to my fork?
Nope. See the "Licensing" section in post #1.

As per the information in the "Status" section in post #1 - if you wish to collaborate then send Styrmir a PM.

daddyogreman
February 2nd, 2021, 17:14
Nope. See the "Licensing" section in post #1.

As per the information in the "Status" section in post #1 - if you wish to collaborate then send Styrmir a PM.

Well all righty then. I've pm'd Styrmir and we'll go from there, I suppose.

maugrim8866
February 2nd, 2021, 19:36
I would like to sign on with how much this extension brings to my games. I love this extension and would hate to have to run games without it.
Specifically:
- Visual indicators on tokens for Saving throw, pass/fail results.
- Selecting a token on a map and highlighting the NPC in the Combat tracker. (Classic only, wishing this worked in Unity)
- Blood on tokens: Draw blood marks on tokens as their health deteriorates.
- Blood pools on death: Draw blood pools underneath tokens on death.

daddyogreman
February 2nd, 2021, 19:57
I would like to sign on with how much this extension brings to my games. I love this extension and would hate to have to run games without it.
Specifically:
- Visual indicators on tokens for Saving throw, pass/fail results.
- Selecting a token on a map and highlighting the NPC in the Combat tracker. (Classic only, wishing this worked in Unity)
- Blood on tokens: Draw blood marks on tokens as their health deteriorates.
- Blood pools on death: Draw blood pools underneath tokens on death.

I agree. This extension is awesome. But there's already two pull requests against it, one dating back to October, with absolutely no activity from Styrmir on either PR. I just submitted another one myself today, but I'm not too hopeful given the absolute silence from Styrmir in the github repo to the previous two PRs. If Styrmir doesn't chime in and release the license or at least loosen it up, there's really not much we can do. I'd toss my hat in the ring as a potential contributor to the project - but it's certainly a rough one for me to get my extension developing feet wet on. But I'd bang my head against that wall as much as I could if it meant helping to save this extension for public use.

MrDDT
February 2nd, 2021, 20:35
I agree. This extension is awesome. But there's already two pull requests against it, one dating back to October, with absolutely no activity from Styrmir on either PR. I just submitted another one myself today, but I'm not too hopeful given the absolute silence from Styrmir in the github repo to the previous two PRs. If Styrmir doesn't chime in and release the license or at least loosen it up, there's really not much we can do. I'd toss my hat in the ring as a potential contributor to the project - but it's certainly a rough one for me to get my extension developing feet wet on. But I'd bang my head against that wall as much as I could if it meant helping to save this extension for public use.

I've moved on from this EXT for a while now, there are other EXTs out there that do some of this stuff, like save throw indicators, blood on tokens (blood on the map doesnt even work with Unity), range checks.

So I would like to see some of this updated it's had its problems for a long time. Also lumping so much into one EXT is a bad idea, glad for the sub EXTs that I used for a while but again moved away from them for other EXTs that are updated and working.

DarkEiraStar
February 3rd, 2021, 18:25
I've moved on from this EXT for a while now, there are other EXTs out there that do some of this stuff, like save throw indicators, blood on tokens (blood on the map doesnt even work with Unity), range checks.

So I would like to see some of this updated it's had its problems for a long time. Also lumping so much into one EXT is a bad idea, glad for the sub EXTs that I used for a while but again moved away from them for other EXTs that are updated and working.

I've never had a problem with seeing the blood effects in Unity.

MrDDT
February 3rd, 2021, 18:42
I've never had a problem with seeing the blood effects in Unity.

Can you screen shot the blood on the map in UNITY?
Not talking about blood on a token.

nephranka
February 3rd, 2021, 19:15
I can confirm the "blood pools" are bugged and work sometimes. I have turned them off since when they do work they make the map area hard to read.

For me the the biggest thing this ext does is the height widget and the range calculator that factors height values into the determination of the correct ranged distance.

LaiJien
February 5th, 2021, 15:09

MrDDT, would you mind sharing which extensions you’ve had success with regarding the three issues you mentioned (save throw indicators, blood, range)?

MrDDT
February 5th, 2021, 17:18
MrDDT, would you mind sharing which extensions you’ve had success with regarding the three issues you mentioned (save throw indicators, blood, range)?

Sure, they are pretty commonly used.
Range and Flanking
https://www.dmsguild.com/product/314487/Fantasy-Grounds-Automatic-Flanking-and-Range

Save Throw Indicators and Blood
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?59594-5E-Matjam-s-Status-Indicators

maugrim8866
February 20th, 2021, 19:12
Does anyone know if the latest update (Feb 2021) breaks 5e Enhancer ext?
I want to upgrade, but I need (would really like) the addon to work, or at least the Sub Extensions.

Thank you to anyone that responds.

Knaarke
February 20th, 2021, 21:19
Does anyone know if the latest update (Feb 2021) breaks 5e Enhancer ext?
I want to upgrade, but I need (would really like) the addon to work, or at least the Sub Extensions.

Thank you to anyone that responds.

I'm using the all-in-one version with FGU and got the same error as mentioned in the other Thread: 5e Combat Enhancer ... (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?47146-5e-Combat-Enhancer-(built-on-retired-GPL-Advanced-Kombat-extension)&p=579421&viewfull=1#post579421)

For today's Game I had to discard this extension and learn to keep an eye on the range modifier again by myself ;D

DefaultDM
February 20th, 2021, 21:33
Same issue as above, keep up the good work mate.

Booker Grimm
February 20th, 2021, 22:14
For a while I've been hoping that some clever soul might be able to update this so that clicking on an NPC token, highlights that NPC on the Combat Tracker. This used to happen on the old version, can anyone implement it - I found it really useful in large battles.

daddyogreman
February 21st, 2021, 03:14
For a while I've been hoping that some clever soul might be able to update this so that clicking on an NPC token, highlights that NPC on the Combat Tracker. This used to happen on the old version, can anyone implement it - I found it really useful in large battles.

Nothing any of us can do due to the licensing Styrmir has placed on this extension. Stymir has stated he/she doesn't currently have time to maintain this extension and, because of the licensing, this extension is going to rot on the vine. I'd suggest at this point you move on, if the new update broke it. I've already stopped using it myself.
If you're just looking for some highlighting, I made a small CoreRPG extension (https://gitlab.com/ccthiel/CoreRPG-Combat-Enhancer) that does that plus wound overlays on the tokens. Thinking of actually splitting out the highlighting into one extension and wound overlays into another, but as of the moment this has both.
You can download the latest version here (https://gitlab.com/ccthiel/CoreRPG-Combat-Enhancer/-/jobs/artifacts/latest/file/CoreRPG-Combat-Enhancer.ext?job=build-extension).

MrDDT
February 21st, 2021, 05:59
Nothing any of us can do due to the licensing Styrmir has placed on this extension. Stymir has stated he/she doesn't currently have time to maintain this extension and, because of the licensing, this extension is going to rot on the vine. I'd suggest at this point you move on, if the new update broke it. I've already stopped using it myself.
If you're just looking for some highlighting, I made a small CoreRPG extension (https://gitlab.com/ccthiel/CoreRPG-Combat-Enhancer) that does that plus wound overlays on the tokens. Thinking of actually splitting out the highlighting into one extension and wound overlays into another, but as of the moment this has both.
You can download the latest version here (https://gitlab.com/ccthiel/CoreRPG-Combat-Enhancer/-/jobs/artifacts/latest/file/CoreRPG-Combat-Enhancer.ext?job=build-extension).

Your hover token is giving me errors. Thanks for trying, I would love to help work on getting yours going.

daddyogreman
February 21st, 2021, 06:13
Your hover token is giving me errors. Thanks for trying, I would love to help work on getting yours going.

Please see Bug Reporting (https://gitlab.com/ccthiel/CoreRPG-Combat-Enhancer/-/blob/main/BUG_REPORT.md). Happy to help if you follow these steps! Though I think you can skip steps 2 and 3, as there's currently no issues created against this extension.

Rino
February 21st, 2021, 06:41

Love your extension :) It's a good replacement. Do you have a forum thread here for it? or is it only on github?

daddyogreman
February 21st, 2021, 06:53
Just updated the README (https://gitlab.com/ccthiel/CoreRPG-Combat-Enhancer/-/blob/main/README.md) in the project to point to both the thread here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?66314-CoreRPG-Combat-Enhancer) and the discord server (https://discord.com/channels/812870526455250945/812937300090683401) I'm starting up as part of the Fantasy Grounds Unofficial Developer's Guild (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?66215-Third-Party-Development-Community) I'm trying to get off the ground.

Egheal
February 21st, 2021, 09:16
Really nice move and extension Daddyogreman ! thanks a lot.

Booker Grimm
February 21st, 2021, 16:33
I'll second that it does what I wanted, but I've obviously lost all the flanking and range stuff because Stymir's extension is not compatible with yours. Is there another out there that might be that anyone can recommend?

Ludd_G
February 21st, 2021, 17:45
does this do what you need?

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/314487/Fantasy-Grounds-Automatic-Flanking-and-Range?term=automatic+range

Booker Grimm
February 22nd, 2021, 21:17
Yes it does. Thank you.

Ludd_G
February 22nd, 2021, 23:01
No worries, glad it helped :D

zhivy
February 23rd, 2021, 18:31
This was an essential extension for me until the unity update broke it. Please update or release the mod to the public! I almost don't want to use fantasy grounds without it and am unable to use it now. Thanks!

daddyogreman
February 23rd, 2021, 18:39
This was an essential extension for me until the unity update broke it. Please update or release the mod to the public! I almost don't want to use fantasy grounds without it and am unable to use it now. Thanks!

I got in touch with Styrmir. We're still on hold as he/she decides what to do. That was the response I received on the 19th.
In the mean time, I've a couple smaller extensions that scratch a couple of the smaller itches not being able to use this one produces:
Core RPG Combat Highlighter (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?66336-CoreRPG-Combat-Highlighter&p=581044)
CoreRPG Wound Overlay (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?66315-CoreRPG-Wound-Overlay&p=580803)
However, both of these only do minimal things and are by no means a full replacement of this extension.

zhivy
February 23rd, 2021, 18:44
Thanks daddyogreman, Ill take a look, but we will miss all the functions 5e enhancer provides.

daddyogreman
February 23rd, 2021, 18:48
Thanks daddyogreman, Ill take a look, but we will miss all the functions 5e enhancer provides.

Agreed. The lesson it taught me is I won't use an extension that isn't opened up to community development anymore.

eporrini
February 23rd, 2021, 20:09
This is one of my favorite extensions and I hope to see it supported again. @Daddydoggerman, any thoughts on creating another extension module that incorporates the save success overlay? The other extension that also does that (Matjam's) seems to now also be floundering without support.

daddyogreman
February 23rd, 2021, 20:58
I've already cracked open the 5E ruleset code to have a look around when it comes to applying saves and adding a save overlay. It's in the works.

MrDDT
February 23rd, 2021, 21:46
This is one of my favorite extensions and I hope to see it supported again. @Daddydoggerman, any thoughts on creating another extension module that incorporates the save success overlay? The other extension that also does that (Matjam's) seems to now also be floundering without support.

What support you need? It's working.

nephranka
February 23rd, 2021, 22:46
Agreed. The lesson it taught me is I won't use an extension that isn't opened up to community development anymore.

Thanks for the work!

The thing I liked the most about this ext was the height widget and how it used it to calculate ranges for weapon attacks. I used height part (- the range cal) now but I have dropped the rest and pieced most of functionality back together with your help!

MrDDT
February 23rd, 2021, 22:50
Thanks for the work!

The thing I liked the most about this ext was the height widget and how it used it to calculate ranges for weapon attacks. I used height part (- the range cal) now but I have dropped the rest and pieced most of functionality back together with your help!

The height ext is working in unity. I still use it.

eporrini
February 24th, 2021, 00:21
What support you need? It's working.

When I load this extension now (unforked, just the original latest) it throws the following errors:
[2/23/2021 7:17:09 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/combat_manager_helper.lua"]:2: attempt to call field 'verbose' (a nil value)
[2/23/2021 7:17:09 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/token_overlay_manager.lua"]:4: attempt to call field 'verbose' (a nil value)

Then, when an attack roll is attempted using any method, the following errors occur and the attack does not comlete:
[2/23/2021 7:20:07 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/automatic_range_modifier/manager_ac..."]:372: attempt to index global 'ActorManager2' (a nil value)
[2/23/2021 7:20:08 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "combat_tracker/scripts/combat_tracker_host_..."]:2: attempt to call field 'verbose' (a nil value)
[2/23/2021 7:20:08 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "combat_tracker/scripts/combat_tracker_host_..."]:2: attempt to call field 'verbose' (a nil value)

nephranka
February 24th, 2021, 00:31
The height ext is working in unity. I still use it.

Yeah, I use the height still but turned off the range & flanking ext due to errors. That is where the true range caluculation is located. The height widget is just for visuals at this point.

MrDDT
February 24th, 2021, 00:32
When I load this extension now (unforked, just the original latest) it throws the following errors:
[2/23/2021 7:17:09 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/combat_manager_helper.lua"]:2: attempt to call field 'verbose' (a nil value)
[2/23/2021 7:17:09 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/token_overlay_manager.lua"]:4: attempt to call field 'verbose' (a nil value)

Then, when an attack roll is attempted using any method, the following errors occur and the attack does not comlete:
[2/23/2021 7:20:07 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/automatic_range_modifier/manager_ac..."]:372: attempt to index global 'ActorManager2' (a nil value)

What ext you talking about? You said Matjam's status indicators is floundering without support, and I said what support does it need when its already working.

If you talking about 5E-Enhancer, yeah was a great ext, however, without support its totally broken and I suggest you move to another fix for whatever you need.

The only thing I use from Enhancer now is Height sub ext. Which currently works fine. (other than it doesn't do range checks based on height and my other range checking ext, which is listed a few posts up)

eporrini
February 24th, 2021, 00:38
What ext you talking about? You said Matjam's status indicators is floundering without support, and I said what support does it need when its already working.

If you talking about 5E-Enhancer, yeah was a great ext, however, without support its totally broken and I suggest you move to another fix for whatever you need.

The only thing I use from Enhancer now is Height sub ext. Which currently works fine. (other than it doesn't do range checks based on height and my other range checking ext, which is listed a few posts up)

I was talking about 5E-Enhancer breaking and the fact that when I looked for an alternative and saw Matjam's I noticed at the end of the thread supporting that extension that people are posting errors and that Matjam is no longer responding. I do plan on trying out Matjam's myself, but the larger point I was making is that it's not supported and seems to be having issues (at least for some people).

MrDDT
February 24th, 2021, 00:43
I was talking about 5E-Enhancer breaking and the fact that when I looked for an alternative and saw Matjam's I noticed at the end of the thread supporting that extension that people are posting errors and that Matjam is no longer responding. I do plan on trying out Matjam's myself, but the larger point I was making is that it's not supported and seems to be having issues (at least for some people).

The ext working fine, those people posting are having issues that might be related but not caused by the ext.

My major issue using that ext over this one for status indicator is (this is kinda a side topic) is that this one allows players to see the success and fails. That one does not. However, this one has the issue of needing to do /dsav to clear it, while that one uses clears on change of turns.

nephranka
February 24th, 2021, 00:46

I know I am not lone if saying that RFIA++ would be a great ext to take over (if possible). It currently works with a couple of bugs but it is a fan favorite around here. Either way I don't want to give you more work and I am appreciative for all the efforts!

DarkEiraStar
February 24th, 2021, 06:56
Since the update I keep getting this error:

[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/automatic_range_modifier/manager_ac..."]:372: attempt to index global 'ActorManager2' (a nil value)

Whenever anyone tries to roll to hit.

daddyogreman
February 24th, 2021, 22:22
Got a little diddy now to display save indicators (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?66438-5E-Save-Oerlay) for 5E.

daddyogreman
February 24th, 2021, 22:23
I know I am not lone if saying that RFIA++ would be a great ext to take over (if possible). It currently works with a couple of bugs but it is a fan favorite around here. Either way I don't want to give you more work and I am appreciative for all the efforts!

I'd be writing it from scratch due to the licensing of this extension. I'm guessing that's a long way off, but it's on my list to use the new API's to write something like this.

nephranka
February 24th, 2021, 22:31
I fully understand. I hope it holds out until you get to it because you are doing great work!

Drogo210
April 9th, 2021, 19:24
Since the update I keep getting this error:

[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/automatic_range_modifier/manager_ac..."]:372: attempt to index global 'ActorManager2' (a nil value)

Whenever anyone tries to roll to hit.

Same here, :)

ScriedRaven
April 9th, 2021, 21:28
Same here, :)

The extension needs to be updated, but if you're up to changing anything yourself, you can open up the extension and go to the specified page and change it from 'ActorManager2' to 'ActorManager5E'.

Drogo210
April 13th, 2021, 11:54
The extension needs to be updated, but if you're up to changing anything yourself, you can open up the extension and go to the specified page and change it from 'ActorManager2' to 'ActorManager5E'.

It helped but it did not work as said. You need to go to 5eruleset and copy paste ActorManager5E.lua e the attack_range script to the appropiated extention folder.

I have another question...how do I remove save rolls from NPC and PC tokens?

KarmaKamikaze
April 13th, 2021, 12:03
I have another question...how do I remove save rolls from NPC and PC tokens?

You can use the command /dsave to clear the visual save indicators.

Noelus
April 13th, 2021, 12:31
Just wondering if anyone else is having an issue with the skip actor sub extension. For me it skips actors without intitiative (as intended) but also skips hidden actors even when skip hidden actor is disabled in options. Also when I enable the skip actor extension there is no option for it like there was when the whole suite was installed.

Mazzar
April 17th, 2021, 05:25
Just wondering if anyone else is having an issue with the skip actor sub extension. For me it skips actors without intitiative (as intended) but also skips hidden actors even when skip hidden actor is disabled in options. Also when I enable the skip actor extension there is no option for it like there was when the whole suite was installed.

Did the hidden actors roll initiative? Maybe if they don't have a value in the initiative field, it will skip them.

ScriedRaven
April 17th, 2021, 15:04

As it turns out I messed something up when pulling the files out of the extension. I went back to take a look, but I wasn't able to figure out how to fix it.

TristarDM
May 12th, 2021, 03:59

So, if I don't know how to code and don't have the software to change the code, am I SOL? Do I just need to delete this extension? Are their other alternatives out there that folks are using or would recommend?

nephranka
May 14th, 2021, 10:45
There are three ext that can help you get close to the same functions and they are being updated. Token height, combat highlighter, save overlay. At least that is what I did.