PDA

View Full Version : Lost Omens Character Guide

goodmanje
October 15th, 2019, 01:06
With the Lost Omens Character Guide out is there an estimated time frame for release in FG? Probably a bit early but I thought I would ask.

phillgamboa
October 15th, 2019, 01:22
Probably wednesday is ON to buy

Trenloe
October 15th, 2019, 01:33
It'll be at least a couple of weeks.

goodmanje
October 15th, 2019, 02:20
Cool, that's faster than I expected. Thanks

Trenloe
October 15th, 2019, 02:25
There's a few things need to fall into place for it to be out in the next few weeks - including Paizo review. But once we have a firm date I'll let everyone know.

Ratupper
January 28th, 2020, 15:42
Any update on this

Trenloe
January 28th, 2020, 16:31
Any update on this
No firm date as yet. Real life and on-boarding a new DLC developer are taking priority at the moment. The latter will mean that over time we'll get products out quicker, but we need to spend time getting up to speed first.

Larsenex
February 7th, 2020, 16:09
Shade and Willot,

Do either of you have a mod or extension for the additional races found in this guide?

Willot
February 7th, 2020, 21:05
mmm double post for some reason

Willot
February 7th, 2020, 21:08
Didn't really bother, just cut and paste it in from the PDF, easy enough to create a new race

Olliebird
February 8th, 2020, 02:25
I did the same, but my issue is the Ancestry Feats not being filterable due to the traits being hard-coded. So when players go to pick up a new Ancestry feat, they have to search through the main feat list. A small thing, but annoying for new players.

Willot
February 8th, 2020, 09:12
I did the same, but my issue is the Ancestry Feats not being filterable due to the traits being hard-coded. So when players go to pick up a new Ancestry feat, they have to search through the main feat list. A small thing, but annoying for new players.

Yeah I just prefix the race with something like "Kobold - My My your a sneaky one arent you?" and they can then search on "Kobold -"

KhybersGhost
February 23rd, 2020, 03:55
Are the new races in the Lost Omens guide not built into the module yet? I am not seeing them.

stephan_
February 23rd, 2020, 08:22
As far as I know, only the Lost Omens World Guide is out on FG. The Lost Omens Character Guide (with the ancestries) is a different book/module.

DrakoVongola1
February 23rd, 2020, 22:36
No firm date as yet. Real life and on-boarding a new DLC developer are taking priority at the moment. The latter will mean that over time we'll get products out quicker, but we need to spend time getting up to speed first.

Has there been any update on this? Not trying to sound impatient, just curious. I wanna make a Leshy lol.

Trenloe
February 24th, 2020, 08:16
Has there been any update on this? Not trying to sound impatient, just curious. I wanna make a Leshy lol.
Welcome to the FG forums!

No update at this time. The info in post #7 still applies.

DrakoVongola1
February 24th, 2020, 23:16
Welcome to the FG forums!

No update at this time. The info in post #7 still applies.

Thanks! :D

Aaron The Paisley
March 21st, 2020, 20:02
any updates yet?

Trenloe
March 21st, 2020, 20:33
any updates yet?
This has been delayed due to concentrating on helping the new DLC developer get going on the Bestiary. I'm hoping to get this to Paizo for approval in 4-5 weeks.

Aaron The Paisley
March 21st, 2020, 21:35
This has been delayed due to concentrating on helping the new DLC developer get going on the Bestiary. I'm hoping to get this to Paizo for approval in 4-5 weeks.

Thank you!

Trenloe
May 5th, 2020, 20:45
Released: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=PZOSMWPZO9302FG

stephan_
May 5th, 2020, 20:48
Thanks!

phillgamboa
May 5th, 2020, 21:18
I bought

Decade
May 5th, 2020, 22:14
Been waiting for this all week ! Great to see you guys are catching up (and props for staying 100% on-point for the Adventure Paths line, which is kind of the heart of the system)

hawkwind
May 6th, 2020, 15:47
we are spoilt .. two books in as many weeks...just need few more PFS mods to get released

DrakoVongola1
May 6th, 2020, 16:23
Hooray! Thank you for the hard work, Trenloe, glad to see y'all are getting caught up so quickly :)

Transbot9
May 8th, 2020, 04:54
Sweet! Picked it up!

I didn't see a bug report thread, and what I found is minor: GMs have to load the player's version to make PCs of the new ancestries.

Trenloe
May 8th, 2020, 08:06
GMs have to load the player's version to make PCs of the new ancestries.
That's as designed. It minimizes duplication of data and means that players can access links from all player related material. For example, if a GM created a PC using an ancestry from a GM only module, then a player using that PC wouldn't be able to access the ancestry record - because it's in the GM module. Sure, the GM could share the record, but that then needs to be shared again if a player takes that PC to another campaign.

This is how library data is being designed going forwards.

Transbot9
May 8th, 2020, 14:49
*Thinks of some of his Starfinder DM experiences* That is understandable and reasonable.

Trenloe
May 8th, 2020, 15:51
It's a fairly recent shift in design philosophy based off people having dead link issues. I have to go back and change Lost Omens World Guide to have the same data structure, which will mean that all PF2 products will have this setup.

Torg Smith
May 8th, 2020, 18:33
It's a fairly recent shift in design philosophy based off people having dead link issues. I have to go back and change Lost Omens World Guide to have the same data structure, which will mean that all PF2 products will have this setup.

Thank you, That is awesome news.