PDA

View Full Version : Extension: MultiAttack buttons in Combat Tracker

hehaub
October 14th, 2019, 03:18
Title says it all. It creates two buttons that act like the modifier buttons for 2nd and 3rd attacks in the CT window for easy access by the GM.
Enjoy!

Current Version
Current version is v0.2

Changelog
Version 0.1 10/14/2019 Initial release
Version 0.2 10/15/2019 Fixes bug that caused error using attack as GM directly from the character sheet without first opening the CT.
Version 0.2.1 10/15/2019 Updated to work with the release of the ruleset released today
***CURRENTLY DEFUNCT*** Crits are not working as intending with this ext. I have not been able to get it working to my satisfaction. For now, this is broken and will not work. I am removing the links until I have time to sort it out, or the Bestiary is released, which I hope will include this functionality within the NPC.

Trenloe
October 14th, 2019, 03:29
Nice one. Thanks for sharing.

This, and the recent ruleset functionality of being able to drag modifier window buttons to the HotKey bar, gives GMs a few options.

UltimateGM
October 14th, 2019, 18:53
Trenloe, the multi attack use to cut off after you made an attack. Thus you would need to click it again. Seems this changed? The only reason I ask is I've been spoiled and I've been making attacks using the third multi attack penalty accidentally for new creatures in the ct before realizing I have it on.

Does this ext allow a roll and then defaults off?

hehaub
October 14th, 2019, 18:57
Trenloe, the multi attack use to cut off after you made an attack. Thus you would need to click it again. Seems this changed? The only reason I ask is I've been spoiled and I've been making attacks using the third multi attack penalty accidentally for new creatures in the ct before realizing I have it on.

Does this ext allow a roll and then defaults off?

These will toggle off after attack, but the buttons in the modifier window also do this already

Trenloe
October 14th, 2019, 19:12
Trenloe, the multi attack use to cut off after you made an attack. Thus you would need to click it again. Seems this changed?
They still do reset after the attack roll (in terms of FG code timing they actually reset at the start of the roll). If you see somewhere this doesn't happen please let me know, with steps to reproduce if possible.

darrenan
October 14th, 2019, 19:17
Suggestion: could those buttons be added to the CT entry windowclass instead? That would mean a whole lot less mouse movement when toggling the buttons.

phillgamboa
October 14th, 2019, 22:46
Thanks, perfect extension !!!

phillgamboa
October 15th, 2019, 01:17
In the action tab, all character sheets broken in the scripts, i remove the extension and the problem is solved.

:confused:

Trenloe
October 15th, 2019, 01:51
In the action tab, all character sheets broken in the scripts, i remove the extension and the problem is solved.
The only thing it is likely to "break" is attacks. When do you get errors? Exactly what are the errors? Are you running any other extensions?

Trenloe
October 15th, 2019, 01:54
A note to people using this extension - it copies the whole Attack manager script into the extension. Release 7 (I'm hoping will come out tomorrow) has a lot of changes in that script - so this extension will have to be updated, otherwise a lot of the new conditions won't work correctly for attacks.

phillgamboa
October 15th, 2019, 01:57

The problem repeat in all character sheets on my campaign, action tab.

hehaub
October 15th, 2019, 02:04
A note to people using this extension - it copies the whole Attack manager script into the extension. Release 7 (I'm hoping will come out tomorrow) has a lot of changes in that script - so this extension will have to be updated, otherwise a lot of the new conditions won't work correctly for attacks.

That is the downside of extension making from what I can see, at least I have not seen another way to do it. This is my first though ;)

I
n the action tab, all character sheets broken in the scripts, i remove the extension and the problem is solved.
I am not having issues with the character sheets, I would be interesting in what errors you are seeing

phillgamboa
October 15th, 2019, 02:06
That is the downside of extension making from what I can see, at least I have not seen another way to do it. This is my first though ;)

I
I am not having issues with the character sheets, I would be interesting in what errors you are seeing

Look my error upload29399

Trenloe
October 15th, 2019, 02:13

The problem repeat in all character sheets on my campaign, action tab.
That's not telling us when the error occurs - what action you do that causes the error. Like I mentioned, this only happens when you roll an attack, right?

Open the combat tracker before you roll.

Trenloe
October 15th, 2019, 02:16
You can minimize the impact by overriding only the ActionAttack functions that you've changed. This won't make it 100% change proof, but might minimize the possibility of ruleset changes breaking the extension.

Unfortunately (probably fortunately for most users) I plan on doing a lot of ruleset changes over the coming months, so the chances of extensions breaking and needing fairly regular updating will be high. Sorry.

hehaub
October 15th, 2019, 03:55
Look my error upload29399

I can duplicate that if I open a char and use the attack as DM before I open the CT and use the buttons. I will look deeper into it.
That appears to be the issue. It is not initializing the buttons in the window until the window has been opened. So, I will have to look
for a way to initialize those.
As a workaround until I get a fix in place you can open the CT first, as this only affects the GM, the players will not see the error.

hehaub
October 15th, 2019, 04:00
You can minimize the impact by overriding only the ActionAttack functions that you've changed. This won't make it 100% change proof, but might minimize the possibility of ruleset changes breaking the extension.

Unfortunately (probably fortunately for most users) I plan on doing a lot of ruleset changes over the coming months, so the chances of extensions breaking and needing fairly regular updating will be high. Sorry.

I look forward to the updates, so no complaints from me!
Now that I have figured out how to make it flow better I might go back and look and see it that might be possible to take a section, I am not sure with the way it ties into all the modifer code it will though

phillgamboa
October 15th, 2019, 10:30
I can duplicate that if I open a char and use the attack as DM before I open the CT and use the buttons. I will look deeper into it.
That appears to be the issue. It is not initializing the buttons in the window until the window has been opened. So, I will have to look
As a workaround until I get a fix in place you can open the CT first, as this only affects the GM, the players will not see the error.

Thanks brother!

Trenloe
October 15th, 2019, 14:21
You won't be able to initialize them without the window being open as the windowinstance container isn't there.

But, you don't really need to initialize them, you just need to check to see if the window exists.

Try the following:

if User.isHost() then
if rRoll.sType == "attack" then
buttonWindow = Interface.findWindow("combattracker_host","combattracker");
if buttonWindow ~= nil then
buttonWindow["ATT_MULTI_2"].setValue(0);
buttonWindow["ATT_MULTI_3"].setValue(0);
end
end
end

This only tries to access the attack buttons if the window instance exists (isn't nil).

hehaub
October 15th, 2019, 14:53
You won't be able to initialize them without the window being open as the windowinstance container isn't there.

But, you don't really need to initialize them, you just need to check to see if the window exists.

Try the following:

if User.isHost() then
if rRoll.sType == "attack" then
buttonWindow = Interface.findWindow("combattracker_host","combattracker");
if buttonWindow ~= nil then
buttonWindow["ATT_MULTI_2"].setValue(0);
buttonWindow["ATT_MULTI_3"].setValue(0);
end
end
end

This only tries to access the attack buttons if the window instance exists (isn't nil).

Good call, this is why they pay you the big bucks! ;)
Thanks for the assist

Elihu
October 16th, 2019, 02:14
I'm having issues with this extension now, as of 15 Oct. the critical hits are not registering now.

Trenloe
October 16th, 2019, 02:45
I'm having issues with this extension now, as of 15 Oct. the critical hits are not registering now.
See my comment in post #10. I would not recommend using this extension until it’s been updated to use the most recent FG code.

hehaub
October 16th, 2019, 17:17

Are you running version .0.2.1? If not, update

H2Os
February 17th, 2020, 16:50
Crits are not working while this ext. is loaded. It is implied that the .0.2.1 fixed this.

Willot
February 17th, 2020, 21:25
This extension really isn't required anymore, you can find the Multi-attack buttons in the modifier window (up the top). 31657
This buttons can now be dragged down to the short cut bar at the bottom. 31658

H2Os
February 17th, 2020, 21:41
This extension really isn't required anymore, you can find the Multi-attack buttons in the modifier window (up the top). 31657
This buttons can now be dragged down to the short cut bar at the bottom. 31658

thank you.

hehaub
February 22nd, 2020, 16:04
Crits are not working while this ext. is loaded. It is implied that the .0.2.1 fixed this.
Yes, this is an issue. I have updated the thread to show this issue. If I get the issues resolved I will update here, until then I have marked it as defunct

Weissrolf
April 19th, 2020, 09:18
Will this get an update? At some point the custom bar gets swamped with all these little things.