PDA

View Full Version : New Customer- some questions

bluetablepainting
November 6th, 2006, 13:39
Hey there, I've run a ton of games using GRIP and since it's been a few years I started searching for another program to use.

I downloaded the demo and fooled around with that for a while.

So, if I understand right, the full license is for only ONE computer. If I want the program on my home and work computer I have to buy two full licenses. Is this right?

Is this true for players as well?

I would want to buy the licenses for my players, can I give them the license?

Also, if my computer dies and I get a new computer, will the old license work on the new computer, or will I need to buy it from scratch?

Shawn

richvalle
November 6th, 2006, 13:43
Howdy,

Technically, yes the licnense is only for one computer both full and client.

You can buy a pack of licenses and hand them out. I think you just send the links to the players.

If you have the license information saved somewhere you should be able to reinstall FG with no problems.

rv

Griogre
November 6th, 2006, 19:45
So, if I understand right, the full license is for only ONE computer. If I want the program on my home and work computer I have to buy two full licenses. Is this right?
That is what the license says. The developers have said that the licence only checks to make sure two computer with the license are not on at the same time.

Is this true for players as well?
Yes, as above.

I would want to buy the licenses for my players, can I give them the license?
Sure. Because of the discount of buying multiple Licenses at once I bought all of them at once for my group and then forwarded the links and keys as their payments hit my paypal account. I was already running an online game when I switched over to FG. We had everyone up and running in about 20 minutes after I bought the licenses.

Also, if my computer dies and I get a new computer, will the old license work on the new computer, or will I need to buy it from scratch? The licences will work on a new computer, just keep your key in a safe place and you are fine. I burned a copy of the installer along plus a text file with the key code and have not have a problem recovering from hard drive failures.