PDA

View Full Version : Skills bug?

Notsag
October 12th, 2019, 04:29
Hey everyone, bought the CoC7 ruleset today and i had a problem with the skills, not sure if this has come up before, but when i try to edit the skills so i can create a character i get this.

Any ideas? am i doing something wrong? is the madness already taking over?

dberkompas
October 12th, 2019, 05:57
Do you have any themes, extensions or modules loaded?

I just started up a fresh CoC7E campaign and all the skill names are there when I click the edit button.

Dave

Notsag
October 12th, 2019, 12:49
I was using the cthulhu white theme on that screenshot, and i tryed disabling it yesteday and stuff. but just in case i was missing something.

Tested it again this morning, no extensions, no modules but the cthulhu base ruleset manual, newly crated character with with stats and ocupation filled as per the guide i saw in this forums, and still the same with the skills.

Trenloe
October 12th, 2019, 12:56
Please provide a screenshot of the chat window immediately after loading the campaign - so we can see the exact versions of everything loaded.

Notsag
October 12th, 2019, 13:14
There you go sir, hope it helps.

Edit:

Figured i would try something, sooo, made a backup of the FG folder, and inside Data deleted:

Extensions
Modules
Rulesets
Utilities
Vault
GlobalRegistry.lua

After that went ahead and run the FG updater, it re downloaded everything (except extensions of course, had a lot of stuff im going to add manualy later again)

AND TADA!!! it worked, no idea why, but hey.... Wont argue with the results.

Trenloe
October 12th, 2019, 13:55
AND TADA!!! it worked, no idea why, but hey.... Wont argue with the results.
Glad you got it working! :)

dberkompas
October 12th, 2019, 16:47
Yay!!!