PDA

View Full Version : lets me connect for a bit then fails

hachitheshark
October 8th, 2019, 02:27
I have tried everything at this point, port forwarding, private network, turned off my anti virus. made sure it was allowed through my firewall. I have 0 idea what to do

the only time I get even a little bit of success is when I set up port forwarding through my Xfintiy.com router settings, it works for about 1 minute. but after that it goes back to giving me error! for my external ip when I click it, and failing for starting my games.

On top of that, I can't connect to other peoples games, same as before, let me connect for a second, then I lost connection. I am really at a loss on what to do :/

LordEntrails
October 8th, 2019, 04:12
Welcome to the forums. Sorry you are having problems. My initial thought is flood protection, though it might be another security setting.

Please read the initial post of this thread; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?47051-Fantasy-Grounds-Connections-Explained and then please post the answer to the 7 questions asked at the end of that post.

Zacchaeus
October 8th, 2019, 10:26
I'm seeing a lot off people with this issu with X-Finity routers. I'd suggest that you contact your ISP to try and find out what they have changed since that seems to be the issue.