PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Edition AD&D LFG

viktorthepirate
October 8th, 2019, 02:00
Looking to start a homebrew 2nd Edition AD&D group.

I have ultimate so you can use the free version.

I posted something in one shot as a way to find people and see how well we fit together but if you're looking for something long term so am I.

I always preferred 2nd Edition AD&D because I always felt you could RP with it more. Though I'm a fan of 5e and Pathfinder, I feel that the rules heavy combat has a way of slowing down gaming sessions. It becomes more of a super fun tactical game than the RP experience I have the itch for.

I do it a bit old school, if you die, you die but I think it enhances the fun when you know you have stakes.

If you have any questions let me know.

Vhok
October 8th, 2019, 03:42
what day and times?

viktorthepirate
October 8th, 2019, 05:16
what day and times?

Pretty flexible. After 6 pm eastern US time if during the week and I don’t care.

Weekends are wide open.

Merell
October 9th, 2019, 00:42
I am interested if it is on thursday or friday. I have played sense 77 and sone basic theu 2nd ed, love 2e the most. I have dabbled in 5e and just not a fan. Let me know.

Thanks

viktorthepirate
October 9th, 2019, 01:19
I’d love to. Either day works for me.

I started with 1st edition when I got introduced to it but played mostly 2nd growing up. Been playing since the 90’s.

viktorthepirate
October 9th, 2019, 01:20
You make us two, so just need to wait on some more people.

celestian
October 10th, 2019, 17:30
You can also post here.

https://www.reddit.com/r/adnd/comments/cwuy2w/add_stickied_looking_for_group_thread_aug_2019/

scook6987
October 11th, 2019, 00:39
Would be interested. Am EST, so that's a match and the listed hours work for me too. Have some of the AD&D books somewhere. Would like to get back into a campaign again if it should come to pass. Have limited FG experience and it's been decades since I placed AD&D.

viktorthepirate
October 11th, 2019, 01:26
Would be interested. Am EST, so that's a match and the listed hours work for me too. Have some of the AD&D books somewhere. Would like to get back into a campaign again if it should come to pass. Have limited FG experience and it's been decades since I placed AD&D.

Well sir, you are the perfect player for us I think. Older crowd, not super experienced with the system.

I've been playing around with it and it is pretty intuitive after you learn the UI a little bit, it won't be hard for you to pick up quickly.

Thursday or Friday work best for Merrell. What works best for you?

You make us three, so I guess we wait for one or two more and get started.

Adran010
October 11th, 2019, 05:39
Hey I would be interested. but I'm GMT +930. So probably only if you are playing on a friday night or saturday night (they correspond to my Saturday or Sunday mornings).

I've bounced off 5ed for similar reasons to what you described above (its a diced based tactical board game in my eyes).

I've actually started writing up a campaign for 2ed as I'm looking to get into DMing too. So I would like to see how other people DM 2ed :)

Look forward to hearing from you!

viktorthepirate
October 11th, 2019, 13:43
Adran, thanks for posting!

Seems like we have enough to at least plan a solid date and time for sessions. Hopefully get one more between now and our first session.

I’ll PM everyone get us on a group email so we can figure out a date that works best for everyone.

scook6987
October 12th, 2019, 01:46
Thursday or Friday evening 6pm+ would be nice. I do have to work on Friday, but could stay up late and live a little. Have updated my AD&D library and can begin planning characters once I know enough about what's wanted, needed and acceptable. Post me at [email protected] if you want to arrange a virtual meet anytime of day except Thursday or any evening til 9pm. Am on discord, but only when I've a reason.

viktorthepirate
October 12th, 2019, 04:55
Thursday or Friday evening 6pm+ would be nice. I do have to work on Friday, but could stay up late and live a little. Have updated my AD&D library and can begin planning characters once I know enough about what's wanted, needed and acceptable. Post me at [email protected] if you want to arrange a virtual meet anytime of day except Thursday or any evening til 9pm. Am on discord, but only when I've a reason.

I'll bring you into a group email when everyone sends me their email address.