PDA

View Full Version : Where to find people to pay to convert a Roll20 adventure to Fantasy Grounds?

Praxiteles
October 7th, 2019, 04:02
We have a DMsGuild adventure to be published and are looking to make the digital assets available on Fantasy Grounds.

We have set up everything to work in Roll20 but would love to see it ported to Fantasy Grounds.

Where is the best place to find people who would accept payment to effectively convert a Roll20 adventure to Fantasy Grounds?

madman
October 7th, 2019, 04:20
I would think you need to start with contacting Smiteworks. [email protected]
Then go from there.

LordEntrails
October 7th, 2019, 17:30
For DMsG you do not need SmiteWorks permission to publish on the Guild. (They already have all the legal aspects in place.) There are several people I know of on the forums here who do conversions for the DMsG including; Sailor Lovins, Robe2e, Myrdinn Potter.

My comment or concern for you thou is if you have already published the adventure on the DMsG as a pdf then as far as I know it is illegal for you to also sell it on the Roll20 marketplace. The DMsG license is very explicit in that once published on the Guild, you can not distribute it anywhere else. This, of course, does not affect FG conversions sold on the Guild since you are distributing it on the Guild. If you need more info, let me know. (Also, their might be an agreement with Roll20 I'm not aware of.)

LordEntrails
October 7th, 2019, 17:33
Just to make one thing clear, you can sell and distribute FG modules on the DMsG itself. An item sold on the Guild also can not be sold o the FG store, same reason as above.

Nylanfs
October 7th, 2019, 17:42
If you are NOT using any of the WotC setting material or IP I really recommend only using the OGL so you can sell on DTRPG, FG store, Roll20 store, and you control more of your product and keep more profits.

You give up quite a bit of rights by publishing on DMsG.

rob2e
October 10th, 2019, 09:11
By definition (DMs Guild TOS) anything ALREADY published on Roll20 (or any other marketplace) cannot be published and sold on DMs Guild. Wizards of the Coast retains and demands ALL RIGHTS to anything published on the Guild. For giving them those rights, you are allowed to use their IP (except art) and take a 50% commission (SmiteWorks is paid out of their end for FG titles), but you can NEVER own and/or publish that material anywhere else. EVER!

It's very restrictive, but as long as you know upfront, it's very nice to have them market all your material. -Said the guy who just published his 172nd item today and who just crossed the 17k items sold mark.

DMS GUILD IS A THING!