PDA

View Full Version : Adding Icons to a window dyanmically

MadBeardMan
October 6th, 2019, 00:35
Folks,

Can anyone help with, or provide me where to find something that does the following:

I have a pop-up window which needs to show the last dice results rolled. Those are being stored and I can read them.

I have icons that represent the values I wish to display.

So what I want to do is iterate through my 'stored results' and then add a control showing my icon in the window, how do I achieve this?

Thanks in advance,
MBM

Moon Wizard
October 6th, 2019, 01:23
If I understand what you’re asking, I would probably do an unsourced windowlist that has very simple windows that only contained a generic control. Then, I would create a window and assign an icon to that window’s control. I assume that these are static.

You might also look at the manual rolls window; which does something similar I believe, just for a different purpose.

Regards,
JPG

MadBeardMan
October 6th, 2019, 01:27
If I understand what you’re asking, I would probably do an unsourced windowlist that has very simple windows that only contained a generic control. Then, I would create a window and assign an icon to that window’s control. I assume that these are static.

You might also look at the manual rolls window; which does something similar I believe, just for a different purpose.

Regards,
JPG

Hi Chap,

What I've just done (which appears to be working of sorts), I've dropped 10 buttoncontrols on the window, all positioned correctly - and they work with the click, which allows me to remember/count how many are 'clicked'.

I discovered the Manual Rolls window earlier tonight, that's excellent, as part of this is for the VtM to allow certain dice to be re-rolled.

Cheers,
MBM