PDA

View Full Version : Forbidden Lands (Extension, Theme, PC and NPC sheets for MoreCore)

Valyar
October 5th, 2019, 21:39
Hi all,

Taking advantage of the momentum following the Coriolis work, I am sharing my take on the Forbidden Lands for MoreCore. Inspired by Dr0w to convert my games and extension and all based on the work of neuralnoise, Ian Ward. All players enjoy the parameter rolls a lot and the switch was worth it.

Without further ado, the following is attached:

Forbidden Lands Extension v1 for MoreCore - contains adjusted character sheet, NPC template and updated theme.
Forbidden Lands Calendar Extension v1 - to be used with the calendar module
Forbidden Lands Calendar module v1 - based on the information provided in the book, all periods are 37 days.
Forbidden Lands Sheet Template - XML file for export/import for convenience with all Attributes, Skills, Gear roll configured with parameters and links between Attribute-Skill-Gear-Modifier
Forbidden Lands Public Module v1 - contains Rolls, Character and NPC templates in the respective libraries for quick start up of new characters, NPCs and drag-and-drop rolls

Upgrading your CoreRPG based campaign

It is very easy to migrate your campaign without data loss for the PC data. You will lose some NPC data, as the whole sheet is different and only the MoreCore rolls will be retained, which saves a lot of time anyway.
Edit the campaign.xml and in the <ruleset> tag change the ruleset to MoreCore
Put the ForbiddenLandsMigration extension and launch the campaign. The Migration extension has the CoreRPG main tab, which was used in the CoreRPG variant of the extension to build the dice pool.
Copy the attributes and skill valued to the MoreCore tab. If you want to use the already made PC template with all linked rolls, import one of those, drag and drop the inventory, talents from the old sheet and spells from the spell library. Save the campaign.
Remove the Migration extension, and use the ForbiddenLands.ext, which has the /push function working ( :) ) and the Main tab from CoreRPG is no longer there.
Play & Enjoy

Instructions for the Character Sheet

The character sheet is relying on the roll parameters to build a dice pool. It combines Attribute, Skill, Gear Bonus (where applicable) and Modifiers. You can disable the dicepool for better experience and instant rolls, or you can continue using it, it is up to you.
The Attributes are the starting point, you assign a value. There is no roll for that as in the game you have no "raw" rolls. The values are afterwards used in all skill/gear rolls as a1 parameter.
Skills have the relevant attribute as input a1, followed by the skill level (p1) and potential modifier from gear or environment (p2)
Gears have the same chain - attribute + skill + gear bonus + modifier.
Armor is single parameter
Initiative is singe roll. Modifiers can be applied to the init modifier box in character sheet (the second square marked in red on the Initiative roll in "Combat, Social and XP" section, below the Coriolis logo) in case you use the automatic initiative roll feature from MC

Instructions for the NPC Sheet

The NPC sheet is following the same principle as the Character sheet with the same rolls and links between them. The template in the module is without modifiers box, but you can "fix" that by dropping the relevant rolls from the Rolls library and link Attribute-Skill-Gear-Modifier as in the PC.
If you put rolls in the CT roll, they will be visible in the combat tracker for very easy interaction during play. If you put string rolls in the Rolls field, those also will be visible in the tracker (nice MoreCore feature)

To-Do and other ideas I have
Update the Inventory tab. I am considering to restore the default Inventory tab with autocalculation enabled and remove the consumables. The MoreCore tab now have "Gear & Other" and it can even be used in the quick rolls section.

Release Notes:
Release 2.1 - Resource dice scripts updated.
Release 2.0 - Added artifact dice, thanks to Tatzelbelm
Release 1.0 - Initial Release

For Swedish translation, check this post: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?51242-Forbidden-Lands-(Extension-Theme-PC-and-NPC-sheets-for-MoreCore)&p=498423&viewfull=1#post498423

Valyar
October 5th, 2019, 21:40
Attaching:

Public Module
XML Template

Vackipleur
October 7th, 2019, 06:39
Nice ! Good Work ! Thank you very much :)

Kimpanter
February 14th, 2020, 15:27
Great work there!
But am I missing something or are the sheet template and public module missing?

Valyar
February 16th, 2020, 06:28
Great work there!
But am I missing something or are the sheet template and public module missing?
I don't recall what I was thinking or did in October, but they are now attached in the second post. Thank you for pointing this out!

thwright
March 4th, 2020, 03:55
I've just attempted to load the modules and extensions. Some stuff is missing; perhaps I have missed something. (Is the image in the first post outdated perhaps?)

I am not seeing the following:

NPC sheet is missing the two skill boxes.
When creating a new player, the PC template does not load

Is there anything I missed or is the above intentional?

The following I presume are due to not being implemented or copyright concerns based on the first post's description of what is included.

There is no equipment
The Skills window contains no skills
The Talents window contains no talents
The Spells window contains no spells
There are no tables

Valyar
March 4th, 2020, 08:44
I've just attempted to load the modules and extensions. Some stuff is missing; perhaps I have missed something. (Is the image in the first post outdated perhaps?)

I am not seeing the following:

NPC sheet is missing the two skill boxes.
When creating a new player, the PC template does not load

Is there anything I missed or is the above intentional?

The following I presume are due to not being implemented or copyright concerns based on the first post's description of what is included.

There is no equipment
The Skills window contains no skills
The Talents window contains no talents
The Spells window contains no spells
There are no tables

Hello,

To have fully prepared and linked PC sheet you need to import the .xml file in the second post, not to create blank from the Character window. It will work, but you have to do all the link between attributes/skills/gear.
The NPC template is in the module from the second post. Please load it and see if it is there.

And yes - I am not providing modules with content such as skills/talents/spells/gear/npc as those are fully copyrighted and can't be distributed.

thwright
March 5th, 2020, 01:47
I have the PC sheets loading fine after I created a new campaign (all the modules were in place, not sure what I missed the first time); it is what appears to be missing on the NPC sheet that I am uncertain about.

This is what I am seeing.

From what I can tell, the Monster Template has no skill windows. Is that intentional? It does not appear to be so, at least based on the image loaded in the first post.

I can drag the Skill rolls into the CT Rolls and Attributes frames, but the Skill frames would be nice to have.

Have I missed something or is there an issue in the sheet?

Valyar
March 5th, 2020, 06:40
I managed to replicate this bug. It is caused by the new version of MoreCore (1.52) which removes the two "Other rolls" frames that I am using for the skills... So much for backward compatibility.

I recommend to stick to 1.51 until I find time to fix this, hopefully this weekend. Because there is no historical version kept in the public thread, I am attaching the copy here.

damned
March 15th, 2020, 14:52
Hi Valyar MoreCore Version 1.54 released 20200315.
Hopefully it fixes your issue.

iarizex
March 18th, 2020, 16:08
To have fully prepared and linked PC sheet you need to import the .xml file in the second post, not to create blank from the Character window. It will work, but you have to do all the link between attributes/skills/gear.

Maybe a stupid question but, what folder do I have to import the .xml character sheet to??

Gromril
March 20th, 2020, 00:36
iarizex, where you want, but fantasy_grounds_Data\characters should be the easiest one

Valyar : fist, thank you for your work, but I have some issues to add a d60 dice (for the tables) because doing so I can nomore use the d63 because it goes below the "back to previpus menu" button, is there a way to avoid the overlapping?

thanks in advance

EDIT: problem solved I created a d621 with "return" icon to put it between d62 and d63

ThunderBrioche
March 20th, 2020, 08:25
Hi there,

Thanks a lot for this amazing work ! We are trying to maintain our weekly sessions during these crazy times and this extension is just what we need ;)

I am so sorry to be that guy in the forum... But I am very new to FG and I did not find an answer in all the tutorials or wiki that I roamed for several hours now... :\

I did not manage to use de character sheet as the level of attributes and skills appeared locked (red border). This does not seems to be an error on my side as it is also shown in the screenshot you provided.
I do (or I think I do) understand the process of automation and link between attributes and skills etc in the MoreCore system, but I cannot change anything.
Would you be able to explain to the neebie I am how to do it ?

Have a nice day everyone !

Gromril
March 21st, 2020, 00:05
to change the number inside simply click 1 time on the square and add the number you want: fantasy ground lack the bliking that let you understand if something is editable

ThunderBrioche
March 21st, 2020, 07:50
Oh my...
Seems like I am not the sharpest tool in the shed... I lost hours of my life because I did not try to just write the number and press enter ^^'
As the other squares were getting a darker border when I clicked on them, I assumed I could not do it that way for these one, trying to hard edit the xml and so on...

Thanks A LOT Gromril for your answer and once again thanks to Valyar for the work on this !

Valyar
March 21st, 2020, 09:49
Guys, I am glad you are finding this extension useful and enjoy this wonderful roleplaying game even more. Let me know if you think some enhancement can be made.
I will be looking after converting it to FGU-compatible after the official release of the product and MoreCore has stable release for it.

damned
March 21st, 2020, 13:30
At this point Valyar the only outstanding MoreCore issue is two missing radial menu icons that were removed from CoreRPG. These are used in Trackers only.

Valyar
March 21st, 2020, 13:52
At this point Valyar the only outstanding MoreCore issue is two missing radial menu icons that were removed from CoreRPG. These are used in Trackers only.
Yes, once I don't get errors in the console related to those I will be moving and converting the Coriolis, Forbidden Lands and Conan 2d20 extension to MoreCore for Unity :) Also the trackers are used in Blades in the Dark.

damned
March 21st, 2020, 14:04
Yes, once I don't get errors in the console related to those I will be moving and converting the Coriolis, Forbidden Lands and Conan 2d20 extension to MoreCore for Unity :) Also the trackers are used in Blades in the Dark.

True. Its probably a week away at this point. Have a few other small changes im working on too.

Gromril
March 21st, 2020, 15:24
Guys, I am glad you are finding this extension useful and enjoy this wonderful roleplaying game even more. Let me know if you think some enhancement can be made.
I will be looking after converting it to FGU-compatible after the official release of the product and MoreCore has stable release for it.

Hi Valyar, thanks for your work again.
If I have something to say: I would like negative modifiers could be implemented: if I add a positive modifier dice there are no issues, it is added to skill dices.
But if I put a negative dice it doesn't work, i.e. I have no reduction of skill dices; instead the system shows it as a black dice (thing which could be ok if I go below zero with the skill)

thanks again and sorry for the bother

Tatzelbelm
March 24th, 2020, 22:02
Hi Valyar,

thanks for the work on the extension.
Do you plan to integrate custom dice for the artifact dice?

Valyar
March 26th, 2020, 10:07
Hello guys,

I have on my to-do list to add the custom artifact dice and update how modifier box is working, but I have limited time to do coding and experiment. As FG is not having proper IDE I have little time for trials & errors, as this requires consecutive hours of work.

For now I have parked this project and probably will resume after Easter. Until then, the way we played the modifier was simple - in the charsheet we use negative modifier and we don't count that amout of dice, starting from right to left.

thwright
March 27th, 2020, 23:57
Valyar, if you are converting the other Fria Ligan products as mentioned eariler, could you potentially do something with the OGL document for the Year Zero Engine and place all of these games into a single extension?

For instance, I plan to use a combination of Forbidden Legends and Coriolis as I like some of the rules which FL has brought to the system (e.g. Artifact dice) over some of those in Coriolis. As a benefit to coders, instead of maintaining multiple modules, you would maintain one which could flow into all of their settings; this could save a good chunk of time. For players it means perhaps an easier time cross-pollinating the rules. Obviously there are some differences between the systems, such as when/how a critical is determined, but there is enough in common that perhaps some settings could be simply switched on and off on the sheet when moving between them, and since things are not automated to the same degree in MoreCore.

(As an aside, in winter 2019 I looked over the way MoreCore is set up but had to table my work on it, so I wouldn't be completely foreign. I may be able to throw an hour or two into the extension here and there to help if you wanted some collaboration.)

SoMann
April 13th, 2020, 11:02
I've been playing with your modified ruleset and it's nice. I added the ranks, ingredients, range and duration to the spells. I added some slots for weaponinfo and it works and also works with character- and NPC-sheets (adding rolls automatic).

VegaFontana
April 14th, 2020, 14:59
Hello, "permanent attribute" section is broken for me and appears as "combat", any ideas why and how to fix it ?

I have linked a screen capture here (https://i.imgur.com/wX2JlFC.png).

Thanks in advance :)

Valyar
April 14th, 2020, 19:55
Hello, "permanent attribute" section is broken for me and appears as "combat", any ideas why and how to fix it ?

I have linked a screen capture here (https://i.imgur.com/wX2JlFC.png).

Thanks in advance :)

Have you imported the XML Character Sheet template? I think you created character and you got the default MoreCore tab loaded. Those strings can be adjusted manually, as it is editable string. In the provided XML template I created all rolls and linked them to save you time.

Valyar, if you are converting the other Fria Ligan products as mentioned eariler, could you potentially do something with the OGL document for the Year Zero Engine and place all of these games into a single extension?
I was considering this at some point, but I have limited time to work on the OGL document at the moment. It definitely is doable. A generic theme must be done and standard libraries to hold the content. Still... one more thing on the backburner. The list is quite long :)

VegaFontana
April 14th, 2020, 21:59
Thanks for the answer here, I am pretty new to FG and did not know how to do this properly. Many thanks !

mselberg
April 16th, 2020, 09:04
This is awesome!

I'm an Free League fan and I'm now starting my journey into vtt gaming for the first time because of this extension.
I bought the FGU Ultimate as soon as I saw this forum post but now realize that not everything is working correctly with the Unity version.
No problem since I need to understand how to add the information from the rule books so I'm probably in for a lot of work.

Any suggestions on how to add spells and items so they are draggable to the character sheet with premade attack rolls?
Maybe someone has an suggestion on where to find a good tutorial? Is the process different between different rule sets and/or extensions?

I'm from Sweden and have both the Swedish and English rules but I wonder if it's possible for me to translate the extension so that my players will have the GUI in Swedish instead.

Really appreciate the time and dedication you've put into this!

Valyar
April 16th, 2020, 09:36
The spell and talent libraries in this release are very simple, they are drag-gable into talent/spell section of the character sheet and are not automated in anyway. They are not rolls.

If you want to make them drag and drop into the first sheet, you ahve to configure each spell into Abilities library, which contains the rolls inherited from MoreCore.

ThunderBrioche
April 16th, 2020, 09:55
Hi everyone,

Thanks to this amazing work, I was able to lauch a Forbidden Lands campaign with my regular group even during the lockdown.
For the spells, the number of rolled dice can change according to the number of willpower spent by the players.
I made each spellcaster bind several number of dice on their "Shift" shortcuts (bottom action bar, I am not sure if it is also available in FG Unity ?). One die (d61) in Shift-1, Two dice in Shift-2 etc.
In doing so, they can quickly roll the correct amount of dice. 4 WP spent ? Shift-4 it is !

SoMann
April 16th, 2020, 12:25
This is awesome!

I'm an Free League fan and I'm now starting my journey into vtt gaming for the first time because of this extension.
I bought the FGU Ultimate as soon as I saw this forum post but now realize that not everything is working correctly with the Unity version.
No problem since I need to understand how to add the information from the rule books so I'm probably in for a lot of work.

Any suggestions on how to add spells and items so they are draggable to the character sheet with premade attack rolls?
Maybe someone has an suggestion on where to find a good tutorial? Is the process different between different rule sets and/or extensions?

I'm from Sweden and have both the Swedish and English rules but I wonder if it's possible for me to translate the extension so that my players will have the GUI in Swedish instead.

Really appreciate the time and dedication you've put into this!

I translated it, but I might have changed some other information aswell.

I can send you the file if you want it.

mselberg
April 16th, 2020, 13:03
I translated it, but I might have changed some other information aswell.

I can send you the file if you want it.

Thanks, that would be very helpful of you!

Valyar
April 16th, 2020, 13:36
If you send me the translated file I will put it to the list of attachments in post #2

SoMann
April 16th, 2020, 21:49
If you send me the translated file I will put it to the list of attachments in post #2

Sure, toss me a mailadress!

Do you want the other Changes I did?
I added fields for weapons (combat values and Creationstats) and spells but I havn't figured out how to make a field add value to a parameter in a roll in morecore (is it possible to make it to a script on the item?). Atm I added the roll parameters to each item, based on their bonus.

thwright
April 16th, 2020, 22:22
I was considering this at some point, but I have limited time to work on the OGL document at the moment. It definitely is doable. A generic theme must be done and standard libraries to hold the content. Still... one more thing on the backburner. The list is quite long :)

Even with being stuck at home, time is still our most limited resource! I should have time to help in about a month if we wanted to make plans for how to tackle this.

Valyar
April 17th, 2020, 16:21
It is true that we stay home now due to the coronavirus, but I have always been working remotely due to the nature of my work. And for some weird reason, I have even more work... which is puzzling me but it is fact.

Ping me when you have time to discuss the OGL documentation and project.

SoMann
April 19th, 2020, 14:20
Here are the files.

The upload of the module just didn't work! When I added .ext to it suddenly worked, so .mod.ext is the module.

The majority of the translations is in <skill> and strings_campaign.xml (some in strings_morecore.xml).

Extra info is the one with all information for Items and Spells. I didn't add any rolls to spells since its a basic roll.
I was working on adding a function that can read the bonusvalue of the item and add it as a parameter to a roll but i havn't had anytime so right now I add it outside of FG with my FBLparse.

Updated to 2.1.
Link to DropBox (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/flqcroj3guza09t/AACbHTHNyFI-ZIea2XkTUBYSa?dl=0)

Tatzelbelm
April 20th, 2020, 17:47
I've implemented positive and negative modifier resolution based on the modifier stack (the modifier box in the lower left).
This also allows you to use effects and descriptions for modifiers.

My current solution is kind of cheating, since I'm not using the proper FG dice roller and use a simple math.random(6) instead.
I might try to change it to use the proper dice roller, but I'm a bit worried about messing up the reroll/saved dice for pushing your roll.

Just add the following code after line 46 in manager_action_dice.lua:

local skillDicePositions = {};
for cnt=1, #rRoll.aDice do
if rRoll.aDice[cnt].type == "d62" then
table.insert(skillDicePositions, cnt);
end
end
if rRoll.nMod < 0 then
rRoll.nMod = rRoll.nMod*-1;
for Cnt=1, rRoll.nMod do
if #skillDicePositions > 0 then
table.remove(rRoll.aDice, skillDicePositions[#skillDicePositions]);
table.remove(skillDicePositions, #skillDicePositions);
else
local die = {};
die.type = "d62";
die.result = math.random(6);
table.insert(rRoll.aDice, die);
end
rRoll.nMod = rRoll.nMod -1;
end
elseif rRoll.nMod > 0 then
for Cnt=1, rRoll.nMod do
local die = {};
die.type = "d62";
die.result = math.random(6);
table.insert(rRoll.aDice, die);
rRoll.nMod = rRoll.nMod -1;
end
end

On my system I've also created custom dice for negative dice, to make them more distinct in roll resolution.
I'm going to send the files to Valyar.

Gromril
April 21st, 2020, 19:14
Tatzelbelm, thank you very much for the code: it works perfectly (I substituted the d69 with a d62 so the push works: in fact at the end we know we're using a negative dice, even if changing the color ould be an interesting feature) :D

Tatzelbelm
April 22nd, 2020, 10:10
Just a quick note, I had to change the code to properly work with negative modifiers and gear dice.

Valyar
April 22nd, 2020, 10:23
Hello everyone,

The extension in post #1 is now updated with the content for the Artifact Rolls. Thanks to Tatzelbelm for the support here!

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=34188&stc=1&d=1587547333

Tatzelbelm
April 24th, 2020, 17:24
After my last game session I was a bit annoyed by how much work it is to manage the consumable dice (right mouse button, clear, drag new die).

I changed the consumable scripts for the following features:
* no manual clearing of present dice necessary, when you drop dice over the field, it will automatically remove the old content
* no more than 1 die is ever in the consumable field, if you drag multiple dice at once the script will only insert the first die

The reworked scripts are attached.

Edit:
Removed the following feature, as it didn't work properly and was breaking dice resolution:
* if a roll of the consumable results in a 1 or 2, the consumable is automatically decreased. If the die was a d6, it is removed.

Valyar
April 24th, 2020, 18:48
Sweet! I will update the extension later today and put it in the first post. :)

Valyar
April 24th, 2020, 20:01
v.2.1 added to the first post! I also added reference to the post with Swedish translation.

Tatzelbelm
April 25th, 2020, 19:35
I seriously need to test my modifications more, there's an issue with the scripts.
Individually they work fine, but combined it is always the Torches die which is replaced on any result of 1 or 2. I'll have a look at how to fix this.

Tatzelbelm
April 26th, 2020, 20:47
After finding out the automatic consumable degradation didn't work properly, I reworked the scripts.
I had to expand the scope of changed files to get this working properly, and it now directly works with your database file.

I've attached the new files for both negative dice and consumable degradation.

I've tested this a bit more than my previous modfications, but the stakes are also a bit higher since it's directly modifying your database file and it's the first time I've done that.
Best try this with a copy of your campaign or a test campaign first.

Tatzelbelm
May 2nd, 2020, 20:22
I'm currently working on adding a functionality to the right mouse button radial menu of character sheets to perfom a rest to automatically set your attributes to their permanent values.
While working on taking the conditions under consideration, I stumbled upon a rule issue, where I'm not sure of the actual rules.

When you are "sleepy" and rest, do you recover your wits, or do you only get rid of sleepy?
I basically have the same issue with hungry/thirsty. When you eat/drink with the condition, does this count as your food/drink for the day? Or does this only remove the condition and you need an extra portion of food/drink to not get hungry/thirsty again immediately?

Valyar
May 3rd, 2020, 13:17
There are four conditions and each of them prevent recovery of certain attribute (Strength, Strength or Wits, Wits) and also prevent recovery at all. I find it complex to try to automate this, unless all use cases are hardcoded and linked to specific current values to prevent modification from players.

I would go with the checkboxes and that's all. I have no idea how this can be automated in FG, I can do pseudocode but not the real one.

Tatzelbelm
May 3rd, 2020, 18:52
I've attached the current version of my modifications to the extension.
I've chosen to attach the whole extension, since it was getting tiresome to only zip the increasing number of changed files.

Beware: These changes are not tested all that much, and I'm far from an experienced Fantasy Grounds developer. Backup your campaign regularly when using these modifications.

Here's a list of features:

Modifierstack is converted to additional skill dice / negative skill dice
Buttons with values -1 to -5 and 1 to 5 added, which can be used to quickly select modifiers (copied from 2E-ruleset)
Consumables are not affected by modifiers
Consumables automatically decrease when a 1 or 2 is rolled
Triggering the food consumable automatically removes the "Hungry" condition, if present
Triggering the water consumable automatically removes the "Thirsty" condition, if present
Character Sheets have a new right mouse button menu option, "Recover", currently only accessible by the GM. Recover has two sub options: (adapted from 5E-ruleset)

"Rest", which resets your four current attribute values to their permanent values, taking your conditions into account

"Sleep", which removes the "Sleepy" condition and then performs a "Rest" (see above)
Combat Tracker menu has new links for resting/sleeping the whole party

The "Recover"-feature is dependent on using Valyars character sheet template, see the screenshot below.

Also, I attached the extension as a .zip-file and not as an .ext-file because FG doesn't recognize it after zipping it. Can FG only work with specific .zip versions?

Tatzelbelm
May 3rd, 2020, 19:08
There are four conditions and each of them prevent recovery of certain attribute (Strength, Strength or Wits, Wits) and also prevent recovery at all. I find it complex to try to automate this, unless all use cases are hardcoded and linked to specific current values to prevent modification from players.

I would go with the checkboxes and that's all. I have no idea how this can be automated in FG, I can do pseudocode but not the real one.

What I was confused about was the difference between "resting" and "sleeping". I hadn't realized it's possible to rest and recover your attributes without sleeping, I had initially thought you only recovered by sleeping.
I've hardcoded the effects of the conditions for now. It's not that many cases to cover.

I've left the conditions themselves to be freely set/reset by players, I want to try to automate a few things in the extension, I do not want to prevent cheating.

Tatzelbelm
May 16th, 2020, 12:27
Just as a heads up, I'm not done with modifying this extension. I'm just working on a larger update to the character sheet.
Since I'm not figuring out how to properly link images in this forum, I've attached a screenshot of my new "front sheet".

It's tailored much more towards the specific needs of the Forbidden Lands rules.

thwright
May 16th, 2020, 12:37
Just as a heads up, I'm not done with modifying this extension.
I'm just working on a larger update to the character sheet. Here's a screenshot of my new front sheet:
FL_Charasheet_Main

It's tailored much more towards the specific needs of the Forbidden Lands rules.

That looks great! Nice work.

Gromril
May 16th, 2020, 20:57
Tatzelbelm: really well done, eventually, are you going to share it?

Anyway, great job

Valyar
May 16th, 2020, 21:16
Looks great!

Tatzelbelm
May 17th, 2020, 21:06
Tatzelbelm: really well done, eventually, are you going to share it?

Anyway, great job

Yes, I do plan to share it.

There's one feature I'd really like to implement first, though, and I'm trying to find an easy solution to it. I've got a vague idea for a harder solution though, but that's going to be more work, if it works at all.

Gromril
May 17th, 2020, 21:39
Yes, I do plan to share it.

There's one feature I'd really like to implement first, though, and I'm trying to find an easy solution to it. I've got a vague idea for a harder solution though, but that's going to be more work, if it works at all.

Great!

mselberg
May 18th, 2020, 09:01
A question about using this extension. When creating new gear I suppose I should create Rolls and not Items, is that correct? When I create a new Rolls that should represent an weapon and then drag it from the Rolls window I have to drag the Ref Field A and B again to get the item to work. Is this the way how it should work or have I missed something about linking stats and skills?

It happens every now and then that the dice-roller seams to revert to ordinary dices and I'm no longer able to push a roll. Is there a way to reset this so I don't have to restart the client completely to get the functionality back and running properly?

Anyone know if there is plans for an official support for the system like Symbaroum?

Valyar
May 18th, 2020, 20:24
A question about using this extension. When creating new gear I suppose I should create Rolls and not Items, is that correct? When I create a new Rolls that should represent an weapon and then drag it from the Rolls window I have to drag the Ref Field A and B again to get the item to work. Is this the way how it should work or have I missed something about linking stats and skills?

It happens every now and then that the dice-roller seams to revert to ordinary dices and I'm no longer able to push a roll. Is there a way to reset this so I don't have to restart the client completely to get the functionality back and running properly?

Anyone know if there is plans for an official support for the system like Symbaroum?

When you create item you represent it with roll, rather than item in the Items library. An item roll is attribute+skill+gear that forms the pool of dice. Check the CS template how I made it. I don't plan to enhance it further at this time, no free bandwidth. I haven't observed anything that "Reverts back to the original".

There is already official support for Symbaroum: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=IPFGSRPDRULESET
The Copper Crown trilogy is converted as well. There will be no community ruleset or extension as official one exists.

Tatzelbelm
May 19th, 2020, 16:29
It happens every now and then that the dice-roller seams to revert to ordinary dices and I'm no longer able to push a roll.

I think that's an issue with the scripts I changed that are in version 2.1 of the extension.

Tatzelbelm
May 21st, 2020, 10:04
Here's my reworked Forbidden Lands extension, for those who are interested.

IMPORTANT: If you plan on using this, make screenshots of the character sheets before loading your campaign with this extension.
I also recommend to make new character sheets, there might be issues when converting existing character sheets as some database entries might not be initialized properly.

I've changed the character sheet a lot:

In the "Main" sheet of the character sheet you can configure the current and max values of the attributes seperately.
Since you never roll a raw attribute roll there's no dice roller function connected to the attributes. The current attribute values are linked to the combat tracker, and can be decremented by double-clicking, and incremented by shift+double-click.
The GM can trigger a rest or sleep for a character via right mouse button menu on a character sheet, or via the combat tracker menu for the whole party. This resets the current attribute values to the max attribute values, if the current conditions permit it.

The "Skills" section is initialized with the 16 skills of FL.
You can change the attribute which is used for each skill if you like, or add additional skills. The dice roller button looks up your corresponding current attribute value and takes injuries/effects and talent bonuses in consideration.
The link to the skill description will not work for you, I haven't found out yet how to make this link customizable and it's currently hardlinked to one of my modules.

The "Gear" section allows you to configure gear and other specialized rolls.
It allows you to add items, connect them with a skill (and the skill then connects it with an attribute) and assign gear and artifact dice. The current gear dice number is used in rolls, and it can't be higher than the max gear dice. Max / current gear dice is also used to track gear damage.
As with skills, the dice roller takes injuries/effects and talent bonuses in consideration.

The "Injuries/Effects" section allows you to define bonus and penalty dice to skills and attributes.
Every roll using the affected skill or attribute gets a modification equal to the value of the effect. If you want an effect to affect multiple skills or attributes, add an additional entry for each attribute/skill. The "Heal Time" number is used for documenting the remaining days of an injury until it is healed.

In the screenshot the character Carl has rolled for his Gear item "Magic Trumpet". While he usually has a Performance skill of 2 and Empathy 2, his injuries dead inside and deaf ear reduce his skill dice by 3, resulting in one negative die. Luckily the magic trumpet adds on d8 artifact die.

The "Abilities" sheet consists of three sections.

The first section is a preconfigured list of all Journey actions which have rolls associated to it. It lists their name and skill.
If you write an item name into the "Relevant Item"-column and your gear section on the "Main"-Sheet has a Gear item with the exact same name, it will add the gear and artifact dice of the item to the journey action roll. In Carl's case you can see a "Large Tent" in the screenshot above, and this has been linked to the "Make Camp" action.
Warning, if you write an item into "Relevant Item" FG will only recognize it after you have selected some other field in the character sheet.

The "Talents" section you can drag&drop Talents. You can also define at which rank your character has them, and if they apply +1 or +1d8 to an action.
For the latter you have to write the name of an action into the "Talent applies to"-column.
An action is always the first column of rollers, so you can enter a skill name, a gear name, a journey action name, or a combat action name. It does not work with the gear used for combat actions yet.
Warning, if you write an action into the "Talent applies to" fielf FG will only recognize it after you have selected some other field in the character sheet.

In the last section you have some dice rollers for spell casting, allowing you to roll 0 to 11 (11 because of half-elves) base dice and write a chat message.

Here we have the "Combat" sheet.

The first section allows you to configure your weapons and armor.
The second section is automatically generated from the first section and shows your gear dependent combat actions.
You only see the actions for the weapons held in hand and the armor you wear. If one hand is free, it will showthe unarmed combat options.

In the lowest section you see a list of the general combat actions. As with Journey actions, you can add a relevant item.

The "Mod" field is not used yet.

Last is the notes sheet.

I've moved the Pride / Dark Secret text fields here, and replaced the notes section of Valyar's sheet with link lists that can hold links to Story/Notes/Image-entries (this is directly copied from MoreCore).

Gromril
May 21st, 2020, 20:34
thank you so much
I'll try it right now

Gromril
May 21st, 2020, 21:38
thank you so much

All works perfectly

Really an amazing job: me and my group really thank you

EDIT: sorry for the double post: my mistake

Hurske
May 22nd, 2020, 14:58
This is really nice Tatzelbelm, one question I have, is there a way to have a scroll bar for the Journey Actions? I have some custom ones, but if I create an entry, there is no way to scroll through the options.

Zzzaaaccc13
May 24th, 2020, 18:01
Great extension, wondering if you have plans on updating to FGU?

Tatzelbelm
May 25th, 2020, 10:10
This is really nice Tatzelbelm, one question I have, is there a way to have a scroll bar for the Journey Actions? I have some custom ones, but if I create an entry, there is no way to scroll through the options.

I'll add a scrollbar to the journey action list.
It was intended to have one, I missed this, thanks.

Tatzelbelm
May 25th, 2020, 10:11
Great extension, wondering if you have plans on updating to FGU?

I don't have a FGU license yet, so I can't look at this, sorry.

Tatzelbelm
May 25th, 2020, 20:23
Small update with two new features:

Scrolling allowed for Journey Action list
Modifierbuttons added to add 1d8, 2d8, 1d10 or 1d12 to a roll for edge cases currently not covered by the character sheet

TheBigBadWolf
May 31st, 2020, 21:18
And ignore all that, I somehow only just noticed 'Rolls' (vs 'Offense') in the CT.

Hello folks and thanks for the great work on this.

I'm new to MoreCore and was just trying to put an NPC together.

For the Melee Weapon I added in the missing Ref Fields (e.g. Ref Field A: Strength, Ref Field B: Melee) by dragging those over. This creates the dice string (e.g. for an Orc with a Scimitar /die 4d61+2d62+1d63+0d62) that's then clickable. So far so good.

From what I can see it's only that dice string that can then be put into the 'Attacks' entry for the NPC (so that it can be clicked from the CT) - you can't reference the parameters (attributes, skills, gears) that went into the die string.

The end result is when clicking an attack from the CT you won't have info/dice colours showing where the dice came from (attributes, skills gear) - is that right?

Not a big deal if so, just want to check I'm understanding it right!

TheBigBadWolf
June 2nd, 2020, 21:20
A real question this time!

I've been slowly adding Talents, Spells, Items and Skills to my game, then saving it as a module that my players can load. Everything works fine via links on the character sheet except for 'Skills'.

Clicking on a Skill via the character sheet brings up a 'module not loaded'. It looks like Skill entries specifically try to call a module 'Forbidden Lands - Player's Handbook'. I'm guessing this is what you meant Tatzelbelm in the above:

"The link to the skill description will not work for you, I haven't found out yet how to make this link customizable and it's currently hardlinked to one of my modules."

If I do name my module to the same then the Skills on the character sheet become clickable, but open to an empty text entry (not the entry in the created mod 'Forbidden Lands - Player's Handbook.mod -> Skills').

Hope that all makes sense, looking through extensions and modules is a bit new to me and I'm not too sure if it's yet possible to resolve. Even at the worst though, players can still click the Skills group and read the Skills there, they just can't open the descriptions from the Character Sheet right now.

Really appreciate all the wonderful work you've done on this Valyar and Tatzelbelm.

Tatzelbelm
June 6th, 2020, 15:13
I've attached a dummy module for the skill descriptions.
This module contains dummy descriptions for the skills and is set up to be linked correctly to the skill shortcut links.

You can use this file as a reference as to how the module data file (client.xml) needs to be structured, or copy/write your skill descriptions directly into the client.xml. You can use the xml tags <p></p> for standard text, and <h></h> for headings.

For more information on xml files use google. For more information on .mod files and getting to the client.xml look here:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Data_Files_Overview

Tatzelbelm
June 6th, 2020, 15:42
New Version!

New features:

Character Sheets now use comboboxes instead of stringcyclers in many places
Mod-values on combat sheet are now applied
Can select Cover type on Combat Sheet and adds the corresponding bonus to armor rolls
Can select grappling state and it will reduce the combat options if you're grappling
Can select distance to target and it will change the mod for ranged attacks correspondingly
Spells section got new fields to mark rituals and spell range
Inventory now calculates the weight of your items and your (standard) carrying capacity. Each consumable die is considered to weigh 1.
If you have an existing module with skill descriptions, you can change the links in the file scripts\data_common.lua to match your module.

Reworked record sheets:

New spell record sheet 36578
New item record sheet 36580
Items can now be dropped into the Gear section of the main character sheet, and the weapon section of the combat sheet.
New npc record sheet 36579

Has better combat tracker integration. The attributes are linked to the combat tracker, and can be edited in the combat tracker to directly affect the number of dice rolled by the NPC. Activate the MoreCore option to show attribute 4 in the combat tracker.

This will break your existing NPC sheets, however.
Here's some search&replace terms you can use on your database file and module client.xml files to ease the conversion.
Make backups of your databases!
<refa type="string">Strength : (a1),(a2),(a3)</refa> --> <refa type="string">...Strength : (a) available</refa>
<refa_path type="string">...clilist1.id-00003</refa_path> --> <refa_path type="string">...Strength</refa_path>
<refa type="string">Agility : (a1),(a2),(a3)</refa> --> <refa type="string">...Agility : (a) available</refa>
<refa_path type="string">...clilist1.id-00001</refa_path> --> <refa_path type="string">...Agility</refa_path>
<refa type="string">Wits : (a1),(a2),(a3)</refa> --> <refa type="string">...Wits : (a) available</refa>
<refa_path type="string">...clilist1.id-00004</refa_path> --> <refa_path type="string">...Wits</refa_path>
<refa type="string">Empathy : (a1),(a2),(a3)</refa> --> <refa type="string">...Empathy : (a) available</refa>
<refa_path type="string">...clilist1.id-00002</refa_path> --> <refa_path type="string">...Empathy</refa_path>
/die (a1)d61 --> /die (a)d61
items> --> gearnpc>
specialattack> --> special>

This will convert the strength/agility/wits/empathy links of the MoreCore rolls. It will not move your attribute values from the MoreCore-fields to the new fields, you have to do that yourself (or work out a regular expression for that). The MoreCore-rolls for attributes are not used anymore with this new sheet.

Gromril
June 10th, 2020, 18:36
thank you very much, expecially for the gear
wonderful

Theros
July 16th, 2020, 17:15
How about items? It seems that there are no changes if compared to standard item window.

Theros
July 20th, 2020, 17:40
How about items? It seems that there are no changes if compared to standard item window.

It seems that I got wrong extension. Extension in the first post is not updated.

Theros
July 25th, 2020, 20:26
I am typing information to FG, but now I faced a problem (it seems that others have faced this too). How to make a table that rolls d66 (first one shows tens and the other one "ones").

Valyar
July 26th, 2020, 17:55
Drag d60 and d6 to the table, should work (haven’t tested lately :) )

BaisleTon
August 4th, 2020, 06:23
Hi.
I just recently installed fg.
I had gotten the ultimate subscription.

Though when i put the files into their respected folders nothing pops up in the world, library or even when im creating the campaign.

The only one that shows is the Calendar one.

Theros
August 19th, 2020, 12:59
Drag d60 and d6 to the table, should work (haven’t tested lately :) )

For some reason I am not able. Maybe there is some wrong dice extensions?

Theros
August 19th, 2020, 19:04
For some reason I am not able. Maybe there is some wrong dice extensions?

Any ideas, as I cannot get d66 by dragging and dropping. There are only D61, d62, d63 and d69 available.

Theros
August 19th, 2020, 19:22
If I drag 2D6 and add some dices to rolls this happens ( I re-installed all extensions).38665

2D6 rolls happen also as D66 if I just drag and drop, I think that it is wrong?

Also I noticed that even I roll D4, D8, or D10 FG shows that I rolled D8.

LordEntrails
August 19th, 2020, 19:36
If you pick up the d6 and then right click, do you have a d66 option?

Theros
August 19th, 2020, 19:42
If you pick up the d6 and then right click, do you have a d66 option?

No, as I mentioned earlier and even when I choose (as you can see from screenshot) 2xD6 it just works as D66 roll.

Special dices cannot be selected as multiples (for example. 5x(red)d6 etc

thwright
August 29th, 2020, 04:38
Note I wanted to report the issues I am finding as I make use of the ruleset in the Unity version for Linux. I'm not sure if these are issues related to 1) Unity itself or 2) the Unity Linux version or 3) a missing piece of data (such as the dice skins).

If I get time I will seek to address these, but I have not had time as I thought earlier this year.

See this link for Tatzelbelm's latest version (https://svn.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?51242-Forbidden-Lands-(Extension-Theme-PC-and-NPC-sheets-for-MoreCore)&p=516747&viewfull=1#post516747).

Issues Not Working in Unity

Multiple dice rolled from the table (picking up a d6 and right clicking) do not show special skin or color; appear as $VALUE00 (e.g., 300 on a 3 or 600 on a 6).
Multiple dice rolled from the table do not count successes but value of dice are added together.
Rolling a Skill (from character sheet) reports the die color identifier/type (d61, d62, d63) and no results. The same goes for rolls in the Gear pane. No dice skin is used.
Rolling a Skill does not count successes, individual die results are not given, and all dice rolls report a result of 0. The same goes for rolls in the Gear pane.
Resizing the character sheet does not cause any of the panes on the Main, Combat, and Abilities tabs to expand with it. Their height and width are static. Resizing the character sheet on the Inventory tab works fine.
While expanding the character sheet on the Notes tab causes the windows to enlarge, reducing the size of the character sheet does not likewise reduce the size of the panes; they retain the size of the largest increase in the character sheet and become unusable if the character sheet is reduced in size and is not kept enlarged.

GWB_Rageasaurus
December 17th, 2020, 22:38
I'm new to FG when it comes to new modules and extensions, I have this working, but no data in terms of classes seems to be implemented. Do I need to add that myself?

Valyar
December 18th, 2020, 13:51
I'm new to FG when it comes to new modules and extensions, I have this working, but no data in terms of classes seems to be implemented. Do I need to add that myself?
Hello GWB_Rageasaurus, this is community extension and due to copyright reasons it does not come with any data. You will have to put it yourself. Please note that I am no longer maintaining this, as there if official Forbidden Lands ruleset and content in development with release Q1 next year if all goes well.

GWB_Rageasaurus
December 18th, 2020, 19:12
Hello GWB_Rageasaurus, this is community extension and due to copyright reasons it does not come with any data. You will have to put it yourself. Please note that I am no longer maintaining this, as there if official Forbidden Lands ruleset and content in development with release Q1 next year if all goes well.

Thanks for getting back to me. Official as in licensed? Very exciting.

Valyar
December 19th, 2020, 09:08
Thanks for getting back to me. Official as in licensed? Very exciting.

Yes, the whole product line with licensed modules and adventures.

ShadoWWW
February 24th, 2021, 08:43
What is the current status of the official licensed release? I found out Foundry VTT has the official content already, but I'm used to FG and Foundry is quite confusing for me.

Valyar
February 24th, 2021, 09:09
The official ruleset is WiP. The Forbidden Lands Core books (PHB & DMB) + Spire of Quetzel are almost done and we work on the automation part. There are some delays imposed by the recent change and other external factors, but the work is in progress.

bracken
February 24th, 2021, 09:32
Hi ShadoWWW,

I got an email from Free League last night announcing the official release on Foundry. Bought the three modules they have available immediately (core, raven’s purge and bitter reach). Looks gorgeous ... especially the custom dice models. Not sure how much automation is built in as haven’t played too much with it yet. I after having seen the Vaesen implementation here in fg though I am sure the official fbl release here will be just as good.

Valyar
February 24th, 2021, 09:47
As regular user, I found Foundry is lacking the automation framework that we have in Fantasy Grounds and the way they replicate the worst features in Roll20 and the decision on their way to store content is not what I really want or l like. FG is much more better suited for all my needs and this is why it is VTT of choice. Therefore, I want to have all the cool things we are used to in my games, which means automatic rolls and combat automation with less manual activities as possible. FL is very number crunchy and some things take time compared to Alien/Vaesen/Coriolis unfortunately.

Here are two screenshots from the character sheet, one of the formats that probably will end up in the release:

HywelPhillips
February 24th, 2021, 10:00
I just bought the Foundry Alien and FL to try out, too. Every time I fire up a different VTT I'm struck by how limited the automation is. Alien seems to work OK on Foundry but I prefer the FG implementation. So I've got great hopes for FL on FG.

Just another encouraging voice awaiting your FG version of Forbidden Lands eagerly! FG is also much better suited to my needs and is my VTT of choice too :)

Cheers, Hywel

GWB_Rageasaurus
February 24th, 2021, 11:50
These look brilliant. I cannot wait to get my hands on this once it is released. I don't suppose there is a clear timeframe at all?

Valyar
February 24th, 2021, 14:02
Our main challenge is that we don't do that full time, otherwise all would out by now :) We also work on Alien 2.0 which we want to deliver, as certain feature there will also be implemented in FL (Journey tab for example).

GWB_Rageasaurus
February 24th, 2021, 14:04
Ah no worries, just very excited to see this. Again, those sheets look brilliant. Just wondering, will the location stickers (from the physical map) be included as tokens at all?

Valyar
February 24th, 2021, 14:09
Ah no worries, just very excited to see this. Again, those sheets look brilliant. Just wondering, will the location stickers (from the physical map) be included as tokens at all?

Absolutely. I will make portraits and tokens from everything possible :D
I am totally hooked on Forbidden Lands, so what I can do to pump out extra things for our games I will do.

GWB_Rageasaurus
February 24th, 2021, 14:28
Absolutely. I will make portraits and tokens from everything possible :D
I am totally hooked on Forbidden Lands, so what I can do to pump out extra things for our games I will do.

It's definitely my favourite system. I am hoping to convince my regular online game to move over to it once that it's released. I played for about 8 months with my in-person game before lockdown and it was a blast!

ShadoWWW
February 24th, 2021, 17:55
I'm looking forward to FL on FG. Valyar, thanks for the update.

ShadoWWW
February 24th, 2021, 18:13
One more thing. In Foundry, it was possible to create a (fan) translation. In our country we have FL translated into Czech (https://www.mytago.cz/zapovezene-zeme). This is the official translation. Will it be possible to translate FL into Czech in FG?

Valyar
February 24th, 2021, 18:50
One more thing. In Foundry, it was possible to create a (fan) translation. In our country we have FL translated into Czech (https://www.mytago.cz/zapovezene-zeme). This is the official translation. Will it be possible to translate FL into Czech in FG?
We design the interface elements without hardcoding strings, so this is possible via localization file. The content is totally different beast and English is what has been provided to us. Also using other languages have the challenge with the font support, but this is resolvable.

Jystdave
March 11th, 2021, 23:34
I can't get this extension working. it loads but it has a bunch of errors. so no character sheetes or anything. Please help.

Jystdave
March 12th, 2021, 02:21
when I run the extension I also get the errors below

[ERROR] font: Missing TTF tag for font (diemod). [ForbiddenLands] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]
and
[ERROR] font: Missing TTF tag for font (DIERESULT). [ForbiddenLands] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]

Can someone please help me?

AlterZwerg
March 12th, 2021, 08:00
This Extension is pretty much done for.
Forbidden Lands is about to come officially to FG (See previous posts) so no need for it anymore.

ShadoWWW
March 21st, 2021, 09:52
Is the release date already known?

pablomaz
April 2nd, 2021, 14:49
Any news on Forbidden Lands for FGU?...

Valyar
April 3rd, 2021, 10:22
If everything goes well it will be this quarter.

ShadoWWW
April 24th, 2021, 20:13
I'm holding my breath. :ninja:

Michanito
April 28th, 2021, 15:18
F5, F5, F5... A lot of expectation on this to be finished :D
Just received my phisical copy of spanish version today. This is a great game and I cannot wait to play it on FGU!

eduardofelipe
April 28th, 2021, 21:18
I didn't like the Alien RPG module, I hope the Forbidden Lands be better.

Skellan
April 30th, 2021, 19:24
They did an amazing job of the Alien ruleset. Lots of custom coding involved. I can't wait for Forbidden Lands to be released

eduardofelipe
April 30th, 2021, 20:29
They did an amazing job of the Alien ruleset. Lots of custom coding involved. I can't wait for Forbidden Lands to be released

Let me redeem myself. Alien's ruleset is good, but I didn't like some things, the initiative for example.

Skellan
April 30th, 2021, 21:48
Let me redeem myself. Alien's ruleset is good, but I didn't like some things, the initiative for example.

No worries, I am sure Alien is not for everyone :)

eduardofelipe
May 1st, 2021, 03:17
No worries, I am sure Alien is not for everyone :)

But I like the system and the scenario, I'm a Alien fan. I Just do not like somethings in the Alien's ruleset for Fantasy Grounds. I hope some updates fix it.

damned
May 1st, 2021, 03:39
But I like the system and the scenario, I'm a Alien fan. I Just do not like somethings in the Alien's ruleset for Fantasy Grounds. I hope some updates fix it.

From memory I dont see anyone else complaining about the ruleset, and Ive seen plenty of positive comments.
It would be helpful if you would explain in some detail what you dont think works well and what you think would work better.

eduardofelipe
May 1st, 2021, 04:22
From memory I dont see anyone else complaining about the ruleset, and Ive seen plenty of positive comments.
It would be helpful if you would explain in some detail what you dont think works well and what you think would work better.

Sure! It's only two small things.

The implementation of the initiative, having to roll 1d10, but I think that FG does not support the use of cards, and rolling dice can result in two equal numbers.

The other thing is the need to create multiple instances of the same Alien in the Combat Track to reflect the multiple actions in different initiative positions.

But despite that I play Alien in FG.

pablomaz
May 1st, 2021, 14:37
Hey, guys, the first quarter is over. ;)

Skellan
May 2nd, 2021, 10:21
Sure! It's only two small things.

The implementation of the initiative, having to roll 1d10, but I think that FG does not support the use of cards, and rolling dice can result in two equal numbers.

The other thing is the need to create multiple instances of the same Alien in the Combat Track to reflect the multiple actions in different initiative positions.

But despite that I play Alien in FG.

These are fair points. I am not so certain about Alien, but looking at Forbidden Lands, the initiative is a bit weird. There are a maximum of 10 cards/initiative slots for both the players and the npcs. This will mean that sometimes npcs will likely have to be grouped on one of the cards. It also suggests giving multiple cards (actions per round) to more powerful npcs. If you have a 6 party group, all of your npcs will likely be grouped into 4 initiative slots. There is also a feint action that allows a player to swap initiative cards with an npc if they are within arms length but it is not clear if this means that they would swap initiative cards with the whole group. I'd probably not allow it but that does make a difference.

Honestly, I am not sure why they didn't just have people rolling dice for initiative. I will probably just house rule rolling for initiative.

However, you are right that duplicate initiative results should be re-drawn.

pablomaz
May 28th, 2021, 23:40
Hey, guys, where's it? 2Q is almost ending...:p

ShadoWWW
July 1st, 2021, 16:28
Any news?

Quorlox
August 16th, 2021, 10:08
Any news?

I'm wondering the same thing. I'm prepping to begin a Forbidden Lands campaign and prefer to use Fantasy Grounds to support it.

Simpe
August 18th, 2021, 08:30
Hey guys!

Unfortunately we decided that Symbaroum needed some much deserved love. Our initial goal was to go for the Forbidden Lands ruleset and release that one since a lot of the work was done from previous YZE rulesets. Unfortunately we felt that the Symbaroum module had been providing less-than-expected quality and hence we decided to bring that up to the standards that it deserves. This together with me buying a house which rendered a lot less time for ruleset-creation our schedule is a bit behind. We'll provide you with more information as soon as we start working on the FL-ruleset again!

Thank you all for your patience,
Simon

pablomaz
September 3rd, 2021, 23:39
Well, that's a bummer, but it is what it is. Thanks for giving us a feedback! :- )

Zanecane
December 13th, 2021, 02:45
Almost 5 months and still no news on Forbidden Lands release. And almost a year since it was mentioned that Forbidden Lands was 40% complete (Jan 13th of this year). It would be nice if there were some kind of update. Seems like it has been postponed indefinitely. Worst case scenario, there are other options like Foundry that already have an official release.

Simpe
December 13th, 2021, 07:16
Almost 5 months and still no news on Forbidden Lands release. And almost a year since it was mentioned that Forbidden Lands was 40% complete (Jan 13th of this year). It would be nice if there were some kind of update. Seems like it has been postponed indefinitely. Worst case scenario, there are other options like Foundry that already have an official release.

Hi Zanecane!

Yes unfortunately we're still working with the Symbaroum Ruleset. It has turned out to be a lot more complex than anticipated, and on top of this I'm building a house in my spare time. Given that I have a normal full-time day-job and I'm currently spending almost all my spare time with building the house there's currently not much time left for me to develop on rulesets.

Forbidden Lands is definitely the next in line after we've managed to get Symbaroum to a playable state.

The only update I can give you is that I'm putting on the roofing of the house the next week so the outer shell is weatherproofed. Once that's done I'll at least be able to work things in my own pace and can go back to putting in some time at least to rulesets.

Cheers,
Simon

Zanecane
December 13th, 2021, 17:24
Hi Zanecane!

Yes unfortunately we're still working with the Symbaroum Ruleset. It has turned out to be a lot more complex than anticipated, and on top of this I'm building a house in my spare time. Given that I have a normal full-time day-job and I'm currently spending almost all my spare time with building the house there's currently not much time left for me to develop on rulesets.

Forbidden Lands is definitely the next in line after we've managed to get Symbaroum to a playable state.

The only update I can give you is that I'm putting on the roofing of the house the next week so the outer shell is weatherproofed. Once that's done I'll at least be able to work things in my own pace and can go back to putting in some time at least to rulesets.

Cheers,
Simon

Thank very much for the update. I was ignorant to the before mentioned conditions and simply did not understand the true challenge you face and the amount of effort you have been exerting to overcome them. I hope things go smoothly for you and your team.

Zane

Nod
February 23rd, 2022, 17:53
How hard do you think it would be to modify the Vaesen or Alien ruleset to build a Forbidden Lands game? They seem very aligned, just a few differences with Willpower and Damage.

Valyar
March 14th, 2022, 05:25
Hello Nod,

The differences are more than few, compared to Vaesen and Alien. We are currently working on the automation aspect. For the record just some of the main differences:
- Mechanics for dice pool calculation: Attribute, Skill, Gear and Artifact dice
- Attribute degradation
- Gear Degradation
- Push & Willpower
- Talents with Ranks
- Combat mechanics (parry slash/stab, shield etc.)

In short - for humans it is simple. For computer - we need to rework the core. And we currently do it. But we don't work full time because this is not what is paying the bills. We will get there.

Primo
April 12th, 2022, 17:20
Hello Nod,

The differences are more than few, compared to Vaesen and Alien. We are currently working on the automation aspect. For the record just some of the main differences:
- Mechanics for dice pool calculation: Attribute, Skill, Gear and Artifact dice
- Attribute degradation
- Gear Degradation
- Push & Willpower
- Talents with Ranks
- Combat mechanics (parry slash/stab, shield etc.)

In short - for humans it is simple. For computer - we need to rework the core. And we currently do it. But we don't work full time because this is not what is paying the bills. We will get there.

Hey Val, is there anything I can help with? Never created or designed a ruleset but have enough knowledge about FL and spare time to learn

Valyar
April 13th, 2022, 07:44
Hi Primo,
Don't worry, the ruleset will be out and the work is progressing with good pace :)

ShadoWWW
September 15th, 2022, 18:38
Any update?

Rachael Kunkel
September 20th, 2022, 03:14
New Version!

New features:

Character Sheets now use comboboxes instead of stringcyclers in many places
Mod-values on combat sheet are now applied
Can select Cover type on Combat Sheet and adds the corresponding bonus to armor rolls
Can select grappling state and it will reduce the combat options if you're grappling
Can select distance to target and it will change the mod for ranged attacks correspondingly
Spells section got new fields to mark rituals and spell range
Inventory now calculates the weight of your items and your (standard) carrying capacity. Each consumable die is considered to weigh 1.
If you have an existing module with skill descriptions, you can change the links in the file scripts\data_common.lua to match your module.

Reworked record sheets:

New spell record sheet 36578
New item record sheet 36580
Items can now be dropped into the Gear section of the main character sheet, and the weapon section of the combat sheet.
New npc record sheet 36579

Has better combat tracker integration. The attributes are linked to the combat tracker, and can be edited in the combat tracker to directly affect the number of dice rolled by the NPC. Activate the MoreCore option to show attribute 4 in the combat tracker.

This will break your existing NPC sheets, however.
Here's some search&replace terms you can use on your database file and module client.xml files to ease the conversion.
Make backups of your databases!
<refa type="string">Strength : (a1),(a2),(a3)</refa> --> <refa type="string">...Strength : (a) available</refa>
<refa_path type="string">...clilist1.id-00003</refa_path> --> <refa_path type="string">...Strength</refa_path>
<refa type="string">Agility : (a1),(a2),(a3)</refa> --> <refa type="string">...Agility : (a) available</refa>
<refa_path type="string">...clilist1.id-00001</refa_path> --> <refa_path type="string">...Agility</refa_path>
<refa type="string">Wits : (a1),(a2),(a3)</refa> --> <refa type="string">...Wits : (a) available</refa>
<refa_path type="string">...clilist1.id-00004</refa_path> --> <refa_path type="string">...Wits</refa_path>
<refa type="string">Empathy : (a1),(a2),(a3)</refa> --> <refa type="string">...Empathy : (a) available</refa>
<refa_path type="string">...clilist1.id-00002</refa_path> --> <refa_path type="string">...Empathy</refa_path>
/die (a1)d61 --> /die (a)d61
items> --> gearnpc>
specialattack> --> special>

This will convert the strength/agility/wits/empathy links of the MoreCore rolls. It will not move your attribute values from the MoreCore-fields to the new fields, you have to do that yourself (or work out a regular expression for that). The MoreCore-rolls for attributes are not used anymore with this new sheet.

Is it possible to download an older version of Fantasy Grounds so that this ruleset can be used until it is released officially? Since it sounds like it will be a while (not complaining, I understand other things are taking precedent). Does anyone know what the version would match the last issued version and possibly how to download it?

P.S. The main reason I'm asking is that I started making a campaign in FL a long while ago when it was working, but now that I've updated and tried opening it, I can't access any of that info even with the Forge version of MoreCore. Was hoping to find a workaround to still edit and work with things in the meantime. Hope everyone is having a great week.

Nod
September 23rd, 2022, 20:13
I've been waiting for this official release for a while. Does anyone know an approximate date of release for Forbidden Lands?

srbongo
September 25th, 2022, 13:52
Is it possible to download an older version of Fantasy Grounds so that this ruleset can be used until it is released officially? Since it sounds like it will be a while (not complaining, I understand other things are taking precedent). Does anyone know what the version would match the last issued version and possibly how to download it?

P.S. The main reason I'm asking is that I started making a campaign in FL a long while ago when it was working, but now that I've updated and tried opening it, I can't access any of that info even with the Forge version of MoreCore. Was hoping to find a workaround to still edit and work with things in the meantime. Hope everyone is having a great week.

This doesn't help per se, but you may be able to recover the data within the campaign's db.xml, stored within the campaign folder. This stores all of your Story, NPC, Image, ect entries and you should be able to find a lot of what you've already put in there.

Myrddin
February 12th, 2023, 23:39
Is there any progress update available on the development of the Forbidden Lands ruleset for FG?

pablomaz
February 13th, 2023, 01:10
Is there any progress update available on the development of the Forbidden Lands ruleset for FG?

I also would like to know...

Nod
February 14th, 2023, 06:02
Valyar mentioned to me that he was aiming for the end of Jan, but made no promises. It sounds like he is very close. i'm trying to be patient. Can't wait to see this ruleset.

Myrddin
February 14th, 2023, 08:43
Valyar mentioned to me that he was aiming for the end of Jan, but made no promises. It sounds like he is very close. i'm trying to be patient. Can't wait to see this ruleset.

Exciting news! Thanks.

Myrddin
April 30th, 2023, 09:38
Any more news about this one, please?

Myrddin
June 20th, 2023, 07:46
Sorry to be a pain and keep asking about this, but I'd love to know if FL is still being worked on or if this project is dead. Any news?

Simpe
June 20th, 2023, 08:02
Hey Myrrdin,

After quite a problematic last year for me we have now started working on FL again. No promises on release date but know that we're on it.

Thanks,
Simon

Myrddin
June 20th, 2023, 09:29
Thanks Simpe, that's great to hear.

If there is anything I can do to assist, please reach out. I'm no programmer, but I have some limited experience of FG ruleset and extension development. Equally, I'd be happy to help out with any drudge work of text entry or ref manual creation etc. Anything to help get a working ruleset for FL out there.

Simpe
June 20th, 2023, 09:51
Thanks Myrddin, glad to hear it :) I'll make sure to talk to Valyar in case there's any help we can accept!

Rachael Kunkel
July 24th, 2023, 22:30
Hey Myrrdin,

After quite a problematic last year for me we have now started working on FL again. No promises on release date but know that we're on it.

Thanks,
Simon

HUZZAH! Very excited, thank you for the update!

rubenC
August 11th, 2023, 18:18
Hi,

Thank you very much. Those are good news.

I have discovered this RPG few weeks ago and I'm very interested on your Ruleset/Extension.

I have tried to use the Extension "forbiddenLands.ext" ( v2.1 ) but there are some errors that they are avoiding to show the right toolbar and I don't know how I could you fix it.

Could you please, take a look and tell me if it is easy to fix?

Thanks in advance.

8/11/2023 7:11:06 PM] FGU: v4.4.3 FREE (2023-07-04)
[8/11/2023 7:11:06 PM] OS: Linux 5.10 Debian GNU/Linux 11 64bit
[8/11/2023 7:11:06 PM] GRAPHICS: Mesa DRI Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000 (SNB GT2) : 512
[8/11/2023 7:11:06 PM] UI SCALE: 1
[8/11/2023 7:11:06 PM] USER: rubenC
[8/11/2023 7:11:06 PM] Launcher scene starting.
[8/11/2023 7:11:25 PM] Starting free mode.
[8/11/2023 7:11:25 PM] Launcher scene exiting.
[8/11/2023 7:11:25 PM] Tabletop scene starting.
[8/11/2023 7:11:25 PM] CAMPAIGN: ForbiddenLands
[8/11/2023 7:11:25 PM] RULESET: MoreCore
[8/11/2023 7:11:25 PM] NETWORK STATUS: [Error]
[8/11/2023 7:11:49 PM] MEASURE: RULESETS LOAD - 23.234246 - MoreCore
[8/11/2023 7:11:49 PM] [ERROR] icon: Could not find image file (graphics/logos/forbidden_Lands_logo.png) for icon (rulesetlogo). [ForbiddenLands] [graphics/graphics_icons.xml]
[8/11/2023 7:11:49 PM] [ERROR] font: Missing TTF tag for font (diemod). [ForbiddenLands] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]
[8/11/2023 7:11:49 PM] [ERROR] font: Missing TTF tag for font (dieresult). [ForbiddenLands] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]
[8/11/2023 7:11:49 PM] MEASURE: EXTENSIONS LOAD - 0.154344 - 1
[8/11/2023 7:11:49 PM] MEASURE: MODULE LIST BUILD - 0.243297 - 18
[8/11/2023 7:11:49 PM] MEASURE: REFRESH IMAGE ASSETS - 0.051436
[8/11/2023 7:11:49 PM] MEASURE: REFRESH PORTRAIT ASSETS - 0.004461
[8/11/2023 7:11:49 PM] MEASURE: REFRESH TOKEN ASSETS - 0.109084
[8/11/2023 7:11:49 PM] MEASURE: ASSET LIST BUILD - 0.166576
[8/11/2023 7:11:51 PM] MEASURE: LOAD - PART 1 - 25.552254
[8/11/2023 7:11:51 PM] s'aMajor: ' | { } | s' aMinor: ' | { }
[8/11/2023 7:11:51 PM] s'onInit: registerResultHandler'
[8/11/2023 7:11:51 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "MoreCore:scripts/data_library_MC.lua"]:113: attempt to call field 'overrideRecordTypes' (a nil value)
[8/11/2023 7:11:51 PM] s'CombatManager.setCustomDrop - DEPRECATED - 2022-08-16 - Use CombatDropManager.setLinkDropCallback/setDragTypeDropCallback'
[8/11/2023 7:11:51 PM] s'onInit: '
[8/11/2023 7:11:51 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "ForbiddenLands:scripts/data_library_com.lua"]:3: attempt to call field 'showDockTitleText' (a nil value)
[8/11/2023 7:11:52 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "CoreRPG:..scripts/desktop_dock_category.lua"]:15: attempt to call field 'getCategoryDisplayText' (a nil value)
[8/11/2023 7:11:52 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "CoreRPG:..scripts/desktop_dock_category.lua"]:15: attempt to call field 'getCategoryDisplayText' (a nil value)
[8/11/2023 7:11:52 PM] [WARNING] Frame hotkeytitlebox contains out-of-range values in Middle.
[8/11/2023 7:11:52 PM] [WARNING] Frame hotkeytitlebox contains out-of-range values in Right.
[8/11/2023 7:11:53 PM] RULESET: MoreCore Ruleset (Version 1.71 20230717). This generic ruleset adds features and flexibility allowing you to play more game systems.
This ruleset coded by damned and ianmward. Additional thanks to superteddy57, celestian, Trenloe, mcortez, kelrugem, Moon Wizard, frostbytejim, Mach5RR and others for their assistance along the way. This incorporates dice rolling extensions from Ikael, DMFirmy, Frostbyte, Sibelius, Trenloe, Imiri, Myrddin, rstrahan, ahoggya, superteddy57, mcortez, David Stitt, thwright, trobadork, SmileyMan, rpotor, opilio, Brotherkelly, Old Scouser Roleplaying, donbwhite, sdmuck3, garethpr, damned and ianmward.
DicePool and much other goodness by ianmward.
Roll Parameters by mcortez.
[8/11/2023 7:11:53 PM] RULESET: Type /morecorehelp to access the MoreCore User Manual in game. Rolls should be added to the PC and NPC sheets and not used in Chat. (LINK)
[8/11/2023 7:11:53 PM] RULESET: Help grow MoreCore. If you would like to support MoreCore you can do so in the following ways:
* Use MoreCore and spread the word about the systems you are playing
* Use MoreCore and upload and share Character sheets (and even campaigns) and instructions for the systems you are playing
* Creating new Rolls for MoreCore and allowing them to be included into MoreCore
* Creating new Theme Extensions for MoreCore and sharing them on the forums
* If you would like to make a donation to help feed my RPG habit you can donate at (LINK)
[8/11/2023 7:11:53 PM] RULESET: Core RPG ruleset (2023-06-27) for Fantasy Grounds
Copyright 2023 Smiteworks USA, LLC
[8/11/2023 7:11:53 PM] EXTENSION: Forbidden Lands Extension v2.1 for MoreCore by Valyar\rBased on Mutant Year Zero Mechanic by Ian M Ward and modified by Neuralnoise with the help of Rule of Three. Thanks to Tatzelbelm for adding artifact rolls.
[8/11/2023 7:11:53 PM] MEASURE: LOAD - PART 2 - 1.93259

And here the screenshot:

Thanks in avance.
rubenC.

srbongo
August 13th, 2023, 23:19
Hi, I have tried to use the Extension "forbiddenLands.ext" ( v2.1 ) but there are some errors that they are avoiding to show the right toolbar and I don't know how I could you fix it.

There isn't a working ruleset right now - we'll have to wait until an official one has been built (which is being worked on). There isn't any fixing those errors until it's released, unfortunately.

Myrddin
December 21st, 2023, 19:29
It's been a while. Any news on how the Forbidden Lands ruleset is progressing? Is this project still live? Or do we have to go to the dark side (Foundry VTT) for Forbidden lands?