PDA

View Full Version : 2e Campaign Worth Making?

viktorthepirate
October 5th, 2019, 03:52
If I went through the trouble of making a 2e homebrew campaign would anyone play it?

celestian
October 5th, 2019, 06:36
If I went through the trouble of making a 2e homebrew campaign would anyone play it?

I would start off with some 1 shots, find some people you get along with that like your game/DM style from those groups... Then build a long term group for your setting with folks you know.

viktorthepirate
October 5th, 2019, 14:26
I would start off with some 1 shots, find some people you get along with that like your game/DM style from those groups... Then build a long term group for your setting with folks you know.

Thanks for the advice. Seems the most logical way to go about it.

esmdev
October 6th, 2019, 04:05
Plus with each 1 shot you run you can build parts of your homebrew so you don't end up doing a massive project all at once.

viktorthepirate
October 6th, 2019, 16:53
Plus with each 1 shot you run you can build parts of your homebrew so you don't end up doing a massive project all at once.

Definitely the best way to go.

viktorthepirate
October 8th, 2019, 01:52

I posted it in one-shot LFG. We'll see what happens.

Thanks again for the advice and all the work you put into everything.

Messy1
October 29th, 2019, 08:05
Well, I started a Birthright pen/paper campaign using original printed materials and introduced ten of my friend to D&D and now they are hooked . . . so yeah worth it . . . PS I am using Fantasy Grounds to aid in campaign management

Amirax
November 7th, 2019, 13:27
The best way is to find some filks and create a group of interested in D&D players, they would last longer, than ordinary friends xD

viktorthepirate
November 7th, 2019, 13:36
I guess an update is in order.

Things are going well, have 3 players and have been playing every Friday. We start at 7:30 est but always end up going until 1 or 2am so I’d say we are having fun.

Still looking for one to two more but going well.

FG and Celestian’s hard work has certainly brought a great many hours of good time for me.

Merell
November 8th, 2019, 03:14
Now if only we would quit dyeing! Points at the DM, who points at the stupid players that try to do stupid things, who then hang their head and die quietly. ;)

balder
November 13th, 2019, 18:40
I guess an update is in order.

Things are going well, have 3 players and have been playing every Friday. We start at 7:30 est but always end up going until 1 or 2am so I’d say we are having fun.

Still looking for one to two more but going well.

FG and Celestian’s hard work has certainly brought a great many hours of good time for me.

I might like to join your campaign
new to fantasy rounds myself
but love old D&D

viktorthepirate
November 13th, 2019, 18:46
I might like to join your campaign
new to fantasy rounds myself
but love old D&D

Sure, we need one more, drop me a PM and I’ll send you the times and discord invite.