PDA

View Full Version : Hero Points

Saeval
October 4th, 2019, 10:51
Is there a plan to put a spot for hero points somewhere on the sheet? I know we can keep track of them in the notes or something but my players always forget about them. It would be nice if there was something like in the 5e ruleset where it’s on the main page and also puts a little indicator on the character avatars at the top of the screen so the GM can see how many each person has

Egheal
October 4th, 2019, 10:59
You can install this extension : https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34565-Hero-points-in-5e

Saeval
October 4th, 2019, 12:16
Cool! I’ll try this out and see how it works next game. I know the Hero Point mechanic is not a super important one for official dev time to be spent on so I don’t expect it to be addressed anytime soon unless it’s something stupid simple. This will work better than tracking them in the player note section.

Trenloe
October 4th, 2019, 13:38
Is there a plan to put a spot for hero points somewhere on the sheet?
Yes. No target version as yet.

UltimateGM
October 4th, 2019, 15:04
I can't seem to get the hero point extension to work. I download the file and place it into the extensions folder but when I launch Fantasy Grounds it doesn't show up. Maybe it needs updated?

Trenloe
October 4th, 2019, 15:06
I can't seem to get the hero point extension to work. I download the file and place it into the extensions folder but when I launch Fantasy Grounds it doesn't show up. Maybe it needs updated?
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?28660-Hero-Points-Extension-for-CoreRPG-(3-5E-4E-PFRPG-CoC-CnC)&p=407565&viewfull=1#post407565 and the couple of posts after.

Saeval
October 5th, 2019, 11:40

You just have to open up the extension and edit the xml file to also read pfrpg2. I figured it out but someone with more technical experience with me should explain the steps more clearly

yarnevk
October 5th, 2019, 16:59
If you do not want to fiddle with extensions?

Add a spell class spell to your action tab, increase your prepared spell count to track how many you have, you can have up to 3 prepared. Before you sleep reduce your prepared spell count to account for the ones you marked off as used as these will clear on sleep.

lostsanityreturned
October 6th, 2019, 18:02
If you do not want to fiddle with extensions?

Add a spell class spell to your action tab, increase your prepared spell count to track how many you have, you can have up to 3 prepared. Before you sleep reduce your prepared spell count to account for the ones you marked off as used as these will clear on sleep.

Reminds me of what a shame it is we don't have a "powers" category like 5e does, using spells i the same way is horribly clunky sadly.

madman
October 6th, 2019, 19:43

I agree that I would love a better way to sort these items. It looks to me they are the same and work the same for the most part.

Allmight
October 7th, 2019, 13:33
Another way is to use one of the empty currency slots. Just write a suitable name and keep track of your current Hero Points there.

Egheal
October 7th, 2019, 17:56
I just realized that it was a question for Pathfinder users, not 5e :dead:. Sorry, don't use the ext i presented to you, it is for 5e only.

yarnevk
October 7th, 2019, 18:13
Currency is even easier than my idea! GM can parcel points out on the party sheet. Maybe better idea is an inventory item so it can be assigned to a player on the party sheet. Include them in treasure parcels to remind to give them out, and then you can store the rules for them on the dragon icon.

Trenloe
October 8th, 2019, 01:36
@damned has very kindly allowed me to use his extension code as a basis for the first phase Hero Points functionality in the ruleset. This will be in PFRPG2 release 6 - hopefully released tomorrow. After that, there will be no need to use the extension.

Allmight
October 8th, 2019, 10:23
Sweet, that is wonderful news. Thank you @damned.

Oh, and thank you @Trenloe ofc ;)

Trenloe
October 8th, 2019, 18:45
Release 6 of the ruleset now has the same Hero Points functionality. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?51277-Release-Updates-for-October-8th-2019

Disable the Hero Points extension if you've been using it.

This is the first phase of the Hero Points implementation for the PFRPG2 ruleset. Future functionality will allow the GM to more easily track and assign Hero Points.

Bidmaron
October 8th, 2019, 23:43
Thanks Trenloe! And loving the modifiers drag to bar also.

phillgamboa
October 9th, 2019, 00:08
Thanks to hero points add in the character sheet

Willot
October 9th, 2019, 23:11
mmm when I double click to remove Hero Points I get a script error ? "attempt to index a nil value" Is it just me

Fresh Campaign created no extensions loaded Also I think and icon graphic is missing? Diamond

Trenloe
October 10th, 2019, 00:02
mmm when I double click to remove Hero Points I get a script error ? "attempt to index a nil value" Is it just me

Fresh Campaign created no extensions loaded Also I think and icon graphic is missing? Diamond
The icon's there.

Thanks for reporting. There's some legacy code in there that relies on a field that is not needed in PFRPG2, but was created with the original extension. I didn't test in a brand new campaign. I'll fix for next release. Logged as RS2.058.

Trenloe
October 10th, 2019, 00:34
Use this extension as a temporary fix to the issue: RS2.058 "[string "hero"]:1: attempt to index a nil value" error when trying to use a hero point for a PC in a campaign that hadn't used the Hero Point extension.

*** This extension is no longer needed with release 7 of the PFRPG2 ruleset ***

Pepor
October 10th, 2019, 19:06
I was using the Hero Point extension. Nice improvement for the ruleset to have it self implemented.

Thanks Trenloe!

Trenloe
October 15th, 2019, 20:54
Use this extension as a temporary fix to the issue: RS2.058 "[string "hero"]:1: attempt to index a nil value" error when trying to use a hero point for a PC in a campaign that hadn't used the Hero Point extension
This is not needed with release 7 of the ruleset.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?51357-Release-Updates-for-October-8th-2019