PDA

View Full Version : One PC has Opporunity Attack constantly on, and we can't figure out why...

njhiker
October 3rd, 2019, 18:13
I also posted this in the 5E ruleset forum, so hopefully cross posting it here is ok as well...

One of my PCs always has the [Opportunity] tag when making attack rolls (no matter what, whether it's a short sword or eldritch blast or whatever), which results in crit damage. It's annoying to back out, and we can't figure out why it keeps happening. I've deleted his character sheet and started a new one, but it doesn't seem to help. If I (the DM/host) try doing it with his character, it seems to work ok, but whenever he does it, opportunity attack.

Any ideas? Does my PC have some toggle clicked somewhere?

Thanks for the help!

mattekure
October 3rd, 2019, 18:46
Holding down SHIFT while clicking the attack will force it to be an Opportunity attack. Does the player use the shift key for Push to Talk?

Trenloe
October 3rd, 2019, 19:17
Closing this thread as there is an identical one here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?51216-One-PC-has-Opporunity-Attack-constantly-on-and-we-can-t-figure-out-why

Please don't post requests for help/assistance in multiple places - it can lead to a lot of wasted time for people trying to help.

Please refer to that thread for any further discussions.