PDA

View Full Version : Custom Ancestry

Willot
October 3rd, 2019, 09:08
I created a custom Ancestry Catfolk

Gave the Feats the Trait Catfolk (I also created a trait in traits)

BUT the trait doesnt come up in the drop down box Traits?

Is there a trick to this?
or am I missing something?

The feats do appear if I select (empty)

Trenloe
October 3rd, 2019, 13:49
The "Trait" filter in the Feat campaign data list is populated from the list in GameSystem.traitTypeFilter You'll have to write an extension to add any values you need to this list - using LUA table.insert (https://www.lua.org/pil/19.2.html) to add values.

I may look into including Ancestry names in this in the future, if that matches with data and functionality in future products. The main issue would be that sometimes ancestries (mostly heritages) have additional traits that depend on player selections and aren't obvious up-front - half-orc being a good example.

Olliebird
February 2nd, 2020, 03:12
Apologies for necro'ing the thread, Tren. This seemed like the best place to followup.

I'm trying to build in the Lost Omens Character Guide Leshy ancestry as I have a player who really wants to play one and the official isn't available yet. Only hang up I have is the issue described above. Can you point me to any resources on extension building and how to get new ancestries to be filterable in the feat trait list?

Thanks,

Olliebird
March 13th, 2020, 01:48
Hey Trenloe,

Still working with this and forgive me and I'm literally learning LUA and extension building on the fly. I've got the ext bringing in the lua file just fine and this is what I have in my script.

function onInit()
table.insert(GameSystem.traitTypeFilter, "leshy");
table.insert(GameSystem.featViewTraitTypeFilter, "leshy");
end

I'm still not seeing "leshy" in any of the filters. Any guidance on what I'm doing wrong?

Trenloe
March 13th, 2020, 10:39
I'm still not seeing "leshy" in any of the filters. Any guidance on what I'm doing wrong?
1) You'll only see the filter on the traits campaign data list if there is a feat that has that trait in the data list.
2) If you create new feats, the traits window will only be updated if you reload the campaign or in the process of adding a new feat. When a blank new feat window opens the filters update - this is slightly confusing CoreRPG based behaviour.

Olliebird
March 13th, 2020, 16:27
WOO!

It works! Not the most advanced extension in the world, but it works! Thanks, Trenloe. This will make my Leshy player's life a bit easier.

Trenloe
March 13th, 2020, 16:40
WOO!

It works!
Woo indeed! Nice one. :)

Dolverk
May 26th, 2021, 20:35
Can you please share a video link of adding a trait to the LUA table.insert? I have never worked with it before and I'm not even sure where i would enter the code. thank you.

kaernunnos
May 27th, 2021, 03:25
Can you please share a video link of adding a trait to the LUA table.insert? I have never worked with it before and I'm not even sure where i would enter the code. thank you.

Olliebird's extension here should give you an idea on what yours should look like. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?55026-Help-creating-Ancestry-in-Unity&p=486830&viewfull=1#post486830

Shinrei123
May 29th, 2021, 10:06
Hi all

I got it to work where the custom class/ancestry feats shows up in the trait table of the feats table. What I don't know how to do, is how to have the new feats populate in the tabs created by the tracker. If I add custom feats to existing ancestries or classes they get populated but not custom ancestries or classes. Is there a trick to this?

*EDIT: specified the feats