PDA

View Full Version : Issues modifying 5e rule set

Blahness98
October 3rd, 2019, 06:57
I am attempting to modify the 5e rule set to run Carbon 2185. I have a lot of the basics hacked together to allow things to be rolled, but I am running into a few issues.

Issue 1: The ability to do group rolls for skills on the party sheet appears to be locked to a certain number of skills. It appears only 19 or 20 will show and the rest will be cut off. Any way to display the remaining 10 skills that can be rolled?

Issue 2: I believe I have changed the proper labels in the ps_main.xml and the manager_ps2.lua, but it appears Wisdom remains in the drop box instead of being changed to the correct label (Tech in this case). Any ideas where I should look to track this down?

Issue 3: On the skills tab, I have a skill that is undefined and cannot be deleted. There shouldn't be any skill that is unlabeled as I have gone thru a lot of different files looking at tweeks, but I must have missed it.

Granted, I could be easily missing something as it is nearing 1am and I am tired, but it still bothers me that I cannot seem to get this to work properly.

Moon Wizard
October 5th, 2019, 01:35
1) A few things to check:
* Are you changing the DataCommon.psskilldata table to match your new skills? That table gets initialized in DataCommon.onInit.
* If you don't specify a listmaxsize tag, then the list will grow unbounded, including off the edge of the window. Try setting a <listmaxsize>10</listmaxsize> on the skill combo box.

2) That list is driven from the DataCommon.psabilitydata table, so you might want to check that you changed it there. That table gets initialized in DataCommon.onInit.

3) I've seen this happen if some portion of your UI is adding a database value under the skilllist database node. Try searching for skilllist through your code, and make sure only lists are using it and that no children are being created directly.

Regards,
JPG

Blahness98
October 5th, 2019, 23:51
1) A few things to check:
* Are you changing the DataCommon.psskilldata table to match your new skills? That table gets initialized in DataCommon.onInit.[
* If you don't specify a listmaxsize tag, then the list will grow unbounded, including off the edge of the window. Try setting a <listmaxsize>10</listmaxsize> on the skill combo box.

Yup. That tag sorted the issue with the overdraw.

2) That list is driven from the DataCommon.psabilitydata table, so you might want to check that you changed it there. That table gets initialized in DataCommon.onInit.

I ended up overlooking one reference to wisdom and that ended up correcting the problem.

3) I've seen this happen if some portion of your UI is adding a database value under the skilllist database node. Try searching for skilllist through your code, and make sure only lists are using it and that no children are being created directly.

No.. it wasn't anything to do with a database node. When I edited the strings file, I deleted one of the skill names I was using by accident and that was causing the blank skill. I blame tired me for that.

Thanks again Moon, I'll probably be back with more issues.

Blahness98
October 6th, 2019, 00:59
And I am walking away. Don't have the patience to figure out how to package the edited files into an extension to actually make it work. Thanks for the assist before Moon, but the towel has been tossed.

Blahness98
October 8th, 2019, 20:09
Alright, not a quitter and this was bothering me. Figured out what I was doing wrong as far as packing the modified files into an extension. However, now everything I modified is in the extension, the abilities which I have renamed and modified no long have their modifiers passed between the sheets. The modifier is passed fine when I am not using the extension, but a renamed version of the 5e rule set. Checking over everything that I have changed, I only have changed a total of nine files which are all included in the extension. Am I overlooking something or am I forgetting something?

Trenloe
October 8th, 2019, 20:15
Am I overlooking something or am I forgetting something?
Have you referenced all of your extension files in the extension.xml file?

Using either <includefile> (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdoc/includefile.xcp) or <script> (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdoc/script.xcp) as appropriate?

Blahness98
October 8th, 2019, 21:22
Have you referenced all of your extension files in the extension.xml file?

Using either <includefile> (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdoc/includefile.xcp) or <script> (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdoc/script.xcp) as appropriate?

I believe so. I checked the file dates of everything I edited, and moved and referenced them. Code for the extension is below. I'll give the rule set folder another look thru to see if I missed something else.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
<root version="3.0" release="3">
<announcement text="Carbon 2185 Extension by Blahness98" font="emotefont" />

<properties>
<name>Carbon 2185</name>
<version>.1</version>
<author>Blahness98</author>
<description>
A quick and dirty extenstion to test out Carbon 2185
</description>
<ruleset>
<name>5E</name>
</ruleset>
</properties>
<base>
<includefile source="strings\strings_carbon.xml" />
<includefile source="campaign\record_char_main.xml" />
<includefile source="campaign\record_npc.xml" />
<includefile source="campaign\template_char.xml" />
<includefile source="ps\ps_main.xml" />
<script name="CharManager" file="campaign\scripts\manager_char.lua" />
<script name="PartyManager2" file="ps\scripts\manager_ps2.lua" />
<script name="DataCommon" file="scripts\data_common.lua" />
<script name="ManagerActor2" file="scripts\manager_actor2.lua" />
</base>
</root>

Blahness98
October 8th, 2019, 21:58
Fun fact.. the correct script name is ActorManager2 not ManagerActor2. Wow.. wrote that part of the base at 2am two nights ago.. I guess that is what happens when you code when you are tired.

caldeth
April 12th, 2020, 03:58
I was wondering if you ever got this up and running? I've just brought the books and would love to give your mod a try if it's available?

iRonin
April 26th, 2020, 02:24
I was also curious is I'm in the middle of a Carbon 2185 game and this would be a tremendous help.

dem0n1cnerd
June 3rd, 2020, 10:19
Me three. I'd be happy to contribute to the extension as well in return if there are identified needs.