PDA

View Full Version : Rappan Athuk Session 10 Open Game Wed 4PM PDT GMT-8

Griogre
November 4th, 2006, 02:21
A rare Wed night session. Edit I got caught in the cut and paste - daylight savings was last weekend so its now PST not PDT. Sorry for any confusion. Wish you could edit post titles. :p

Rappan Athuk is a con open gaming room style campaign. Object is just to “sit down” and have fun exploring a huge old style dungeon. This is a dungeon crawl with “pick up” characters and players. Different character every session? Fine. Can only commit to one session? Great.

I’m looking for 4-6 players a session. If you are free and just want to play some D&D this Wed come join in the fun at the "granddaddy of all dungeons".

Last session we found out just how many Fireballs the party's mage was carrying and it was a good thing it was more than one. Come see if it takes another two fireballs to carry the day. ;)

If you would like to play in this Wed night session, then jump over to Four Ugly Monsters and sign up for the game here (https://www.fouruglymonsters.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=35). If you are not a member of the forums there you will need to register.

VarnFury
November 4th, 2006, 20:58
Thank god for them fireballs i say, but i think you forgot to inculd the brawling power of the Dwarf ^.^

Griogre
November 5th, 2006, 01:50
No doubt a dwarf with cleave and power attack can strike the fear into the hearts of dungeon residents, but there was that little problem with the floor that tarnished his image a tad. ;)

You should have sworn you party to secrecy - somewhat like a certain party did after one rather “special” encounter, LOL.

Very good game last week, you and the rest did very well.

VarnFury
November 5th, 2006, 04:31
You should have sworn you party to secrecy - somewhat like a certain party did after one rather “special” encounter, LOL.

Well it doesnt bother this dwarf one bit if someone finds out, It just shows that "factor" that happen to me didnt slow me one big. In fact, it was basicly only thing that hurt me at all.

Regardless, come on people. This was pretty damn fun and there alot of laughs when it comes to us ^.^

Pilsnerquest
November 5th, 2006, 13:58
Maybe the dwarves could bring along like a 12' plank to cross pits with. Is there one in the equipment lists? I suppose it's all fine as long as the pits don't get deeper...

Pilsnerquest

Griogre
November 9th, 2006, 07:31
Bagaduce, Albert, Boros and Kemaar enter the shrine with Albert arriving just before the ceremony. Arriving at the graveyard the group enters the main masoleum to the south. They are attacked by a black boned skeleton with two short swords. Boros (and storywise Albert) are affected by the creatures foul magics and flee but Kemarr and Bagaduce manage to destroy the creature. The group decides to return to the scene of their prior battle and do so. The find some large boot prints but little else other than close to 1,000 coffins stacked to the ceiling - from the smell - full of decaying bodies.

The party continues to explore the area finding several rooms. Behind the last door they open they find 5 large creatures in a rather small room. The group attacks the figures they recognize as Ogres. The two closest ogres are dispatched fairly quickly but one ogre - after first retreating into an even smaller room - returns with a glow around himself and goes into a wild-eyed screaming frenzy. Boros manages to web several of the remaining ogres but the frenzied ogre smashes Kemaar with one great blow with his great club and follows up theat blow with an even greater critical hit shattering Kemaar's body and bones and killing him instantly. Splattered with the blood of their fallen comrade, the seriously wounded Bagaduce and Albert pull out of the room - allowing Boros to fireball it. None of the remaining ogres go down, though two in the web are seriously wounded, and as the remaining three party members prepare to make their stand in the hallway outside the room they are whisked back to the shrine sweating and still splattered with Kemaar’s blood. Kemaars body is left behind in the dungeon as Rappan Athuk claims another victim.

The session was going rather well - until the character death. :( There is not much you can do when you get critical hit like that. It was particaully bad that the crit occured on the second hit after the character had been knocked to his knees but was unfortunately still up. Encounters like that against heavy hitting monsters are a light armored fighter's nightmare. Even the heavly armored Albert and Bagaduce with their buffs to armor class were getting hit occasionally. I hope to see you all again this Saturday seeking vengence. ;) Albert 400 xp, everyone else 900 xp.