PDA

View Full Version : Group of 5 LF DM to get us started. Dedicated group available.

Kendrickious
October 2nd, 2019, 21:17
Hello prospective DM's.

I offer a group of five adventurers that already know each other socially through online gamine (we are part of a World of Warcraft guild). We are pretty new to the FG as we have only created characters once and had a mock battle. We would be ready to go
on most schedules that do not interfere with current gaming schedule (Wed/Thu nights already taken) for games once a week 1-3 hours per session. We are mostly eastern time zone.

Last DM we were running with fell through as he was already running a pretty in depth game and did not have the time for a second. We are open to homebrews (if homebrew prefer 5e rules)or adventure guides and our group has various accounts in FG ranging from standard to ultimate.

We are mostly older, US military Veterans, would prefer Discord, do not care if you tape/stream or whatever. We will be on your time as soon as we set up a schedule.

Interested in starting with D&D Lost Mine of Phandelver and then diving into D&D Baldur's Gate: Descent Into Avernus if we are not playing a homebrew. Can help purchase books if needed.

If interested please let me know and I will get with you ASAP. Looking forward to fun nights of gaming with a DM who also likes to have fun and can show us noobs the way of D&D.

We can join the adventurers league too if that is something we can do online. Anyhow thanks for reading my post and have a great day!

Kendrickious, The Redcrown

JohnD
October 2nd, 2019, 22:32
Welcome!

WildKnight
October 2nd, 2019, 22:51
You're looking for afternoon/night hours I take it?

Kendrickious
October 2nd, 2019, 22:58
You're looking for afternoon/night hours I take it?

Yes sir. Most of us work during the days. Thanks for the inquiry.

thc1967
October 2nd, 2019, 23:10
"Military Gamers": one of the most well-run and best all-around guilds on my server in SWTOR. Unfortunately, I didn't meet the requirements to join. Don't suppose you were in the WoW branch?

Would your crew be up for an every other week arrangement, potentially Friday or Sunday evenings Eastern time?

I could go Homebrew or packaged. LMOP into Avernus works just fine, as would something like Dragon Heist into Avernus.

WildKnight
October 2nd, 2019, 23:17
Yes sir. Most of us work during the days. Thanks for the inquiry.

Alright, at the moment I'd be hard pressed to add another night, but there's a possibility I'll be looking to add a game very soon

Kendrickious
October 3rd, 2019, 03:25
"Military Gamers": one of the most well-run and best all-around guilds on my server in SWTOR. Unfortunately, I didn't meet the requirements to join. Don't suppose you were in the WoW branch?

Would your crew be up for an every other week arrangement, potentially Friday or Sunday evenings Eastern time?

I could go Homebrew or packaged. LMOP into Avernus works just fine, as would something like Dragon Heist into Avernus.

We have a military guild in WoW for most part but opened up to people who were not military just recently. I never played SWTOR. I think we are looking for a weekly game as we tend to keep with weekly schedules. You ever want to play WoW with us hit me up my BT is Kendrickious#1349 on the Horde side. We are 6/8 heroic in the current raid but casual. Thanks for the reply.

Kendrickious
October 3rd, 2019, 03:26
Wildknight: Sure let me know if something opens up. Thanks.

abakai
October 3rd, 2019, 11:50
Hi,
I have no real 5e experience, I only have about 8 hours experience with FG (currently in a 2e game) and, I haven't DMed in about 23 years but...
I was just prepping for, and about to advertise for players. I was intending to run Dragon of Icespire Preak from the Essentials kit (lvl 1 - 6 adventure that is comparable with LMoP and is set in the same place [it's less of a rail road than LMoP]) I would be happy to try LMoP but don't have the FG Module though (I have the hard copy though so I have read it)
I can't promise to be good but I can guarantee 100% effort on my part.
I am British ( GMT timezone currently UTC+1) but I am able to play starting any time between 18:00 - 21:00 EST. Mondays or Tuesdays would be best for me but could also do Fridays.

Rogue
October 3rd, 2019, 12:36
Also, if you fellows would like to try Pathfinder, I'd be willing to run for you. I've been playing since 1985, GMing since 1987. Prefer to GM. I am as of yet not quite comfortable running 5E as I am only just dipping my toes into that version. Bt Pathfinder Classic and 3.5 I know very very well.
Been on FG since 2014 or 15, so I guess you could say I'm pretty familiar with it. Also can teach Pathfinder so if you're interested, give me a holler. Time would likely be Monday or Tuesday nights, after 6 PM. I'm also EST.

Kendrickious
October 3rd, 2019, 20:18
Abakai, sure I think this would work. Let me run it by my group. We are all noobs as well, some of us first time getting into D&D all together. Tuesday is when our previous games were scheduled ( the one we had scheduled) but let me run it by my group. We have a discord already set-up as well where I can give you your own GM tabs to post whatever you want for the adventures. I would expect start times to be 19:00-20:00 EST depending on peoples work schedule. If you have discord friend me kirkdiggler#3158 and you can prob jump in and meet some of those who are going to play. Well met! First night we need to get together and just roll characters and get to know each other. Our discord link is https://discord.gg/7Hj8S8 says it expires in one day though. Just talked to my people 7-9...1900-2100 EST on Monday is good for us.

Kendrickious
October 3rd, 2019, 20:27
Rogue, sounds great but group wants to do 5E as I think that is the one everyone been reading up on. We are totally new to this stuff but been doing our homework. Thank you very much for the offer though.

abakai
October 4th, 2019, 07:25
Abakai, sure I think this would work. Let me run it by my group. We are all noobs as well, some of us first time getting into D&D all together. Tuesday is when our previous games were scheduled ( the one we had scheduled) but let me run it by my group. We have a discord already set-up as well where I can give you your own GM tabs to post whatever you want for the adventures. I would expect start times to be 19:00-20:00 EST depending on peoples work schedule. If you have discord friend me kirkdiggler#3158 and you can prob jump in and meet some of those who are going to play. Well met! First night we need to get together and just roll characters and get to know each other. Our discord link is https://discord.gg/7Hj8S8 says it expires in one day though. Just talked to my people 7-9...1900-2100 EST on Monday is good for us.

Thanks.
I have sent a friend request and joined the Discord.

Kendrickious
October 5th, 2019, 21:04
Just wanted to let everyone know we found a DM. Happy hunting out there!