PDA

View Full Version : DM LFP Dragon of Icespire Peak (campaign)

JethroTundra
October 1st, 2019, 17:45
I have purchased and been impressed with the new Essentials Kit adventure, Dragon of Icespire Peak, and would like to run it for a group.

License: DM has Ultimate, so players don't need a license
Game System: D&D 5e
Time Zone: USA Mountain (UTC-7)
Day of week and time: Tuesdays, 7pm, for 2-3 hours a session
Planned start date: October 8 or whenever I have players ready. We would have a non-live session zero through Discord text chat to set up our party, and I can help with the basics of FG and character creation. New or experienced players welcome.
Planned duration and frequency: Weekly sessions. The adventure is broken up into a series of short quests or mini-adventures, would hope to complete one per session. As PCs could regroup in town between these episodes, the adventure lends itself to players missing sessions if needed. It also scales easily for different numbers of PCs. I would accept up to 5 players but would still proceed with sessions if some couldn't make it on a given week, down to one player. The campaign would take 15 or more sessions to complete. I might need to miss a week occasionally but should be pretty consistent.

Text or voice: Voice preferred, on Discord
Roleplay & combat mix: 25/75. I enjoy the tactical aspects of the game. I am not great at heavy RP but would like to improve. If you like to spend an hour roleplaying buying equipment at the store, that's great, but I'm probably not the DM for you. Bring a character to life and give them a personality, but also in my game, your fellow players will appreciate you if you build a character who's effective in exploration and combat.

Starting level: L1 with standard equipment. PCs should advance in level fairly quickly, every session or two.
Character restrictions: Point buy. All standard books, no UA. If you feel strongly about an exception you can discuss it with me.

As I get players signed up, I will give you a discord link and we can start character planning as soon as you want.

Any age, gender, experience level of player is welcome. I like to keep it PG-13ish. Reply if interested.

NotSoAveragePanda
October 1st, 2019, 18:04
New to D&D and FG here, very interested & motivated to learn, end goal is to DM. Your time slot works perfectly in my schedule. Would love the opportunity if you'll have me.

Graphori
October 1st, 2019, 18:07
Fairly new to FG, some one shot experience over at FGC. Would love to play a Rogue if you will have me. Thanks.

lunash
October 1st, 2019, 18:25
Be interested to join your campaign, currently playing in a heavy roleplay campaign, would like a combat heavy game to balance it out. I've only dm-ed in my homegroup before, kinda new to FG too.

Scyle
October 1st, 2019, 20:09
I am also interested. Open to most any race/class. 27 point on the point buy? I am an experienced player with some FG experience also.

JethroTundra
October 1st, 2019, 20:13
I am at five players now if everyone commits. Anyone else who posts, I will put on a waiting list.

Trashman
October 1st, 2019, 20:52
I'm interested in waiting list, never used FG before and I need to learn somewhere.