PDA

View Full Version : Wish the font was larger

Willot
September 29th, 2019, 22:57
Wish Font was larger

I did create an extension using bookerly with larger font which made it alot easier to read But of course the symbols werent there.
I did edit the font and put the symbols in but it didnt taken for some reason (got the font but not the symbols)

I use /scaleui to make the writing larger but then I cant fit as much on the screen.

UPDATE: I bodged one up with the symbols HERE IT IS 14pt (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1y45KIdzRfiTvkkE0aqE5AjOox_3UiETO/view?usp=sharing) the 12pt one is neater

I think I missed a couple over overlaps but still better

Coz peopled asked for it here is a 12pt version HERE 12PT (https://drive.google.com/open?id=1q57DtKagGnJO8OoZuPO3nECeg5ht-_fa)

UPDATE: I fixed Italics (I got a </font> in the wrong place. And fixed the munged goblin)

ShadeRaven
September 30th, 2019, 14:16
Yeah. For 5E, someone made a 12- and 14-point font. Love it. Wish we had it for PF.

Trenloe
September 30th, 2019, 14:51
If you want to use custom fonts with the PF2 symbols in FG Classic you need to edit the FGF file using the font edit application. The TTF files don’t convert the special characters for use in FG Classic.

See the application here for editing FGF files: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24151-Star-Wars-Edge-of-the-Empire-Age-of-Rebellion-Force-and-Destiny-v2-ruleset&p=423449&viewfull=1#post423449

Gwydion
September 30th, 2019, 15:55
Doesn't this one work? I swear I released this a long time ago with Trenloe's permission.

Trenloe
September 30th, 2019, 15:58
Doesn't this one work? I swear I released this a long time ago with Trenloe's permission.
It doesn't have the PF2 action symbols.

Gwydion
September 30th, 2019, 16:48
Trenloe,

I guess what confuses me is I use the extension I posted in post # 4 above in my PF2 games and it works fine. The symbols show up for the actions and it all works as it should. Maybe I'm just missing something obvious... Sorry.

Trenloe
September 30th, 2019, 17:13
I guess what confuses me is I use the extension I posted in post # 4 above in my PF2 games and it works fine. The symbols show up for the actions and it all works as it should. Maybe I'm just missing something obvious... Sorry.
You'll see the symbols showing fine for fonts that the 14 point extension doesn't replace. For fonts that are replaced, which have the PF2 symbols in the base ruleset, you won't see symbols.

PFRGP2 uses the PF2 action symbols in the following fonts: sheettext, reference-r, reference-b and sheetlabel. The fonts that clash in the 14 point extension are reference-r and reference-b - which are used in the reference manual. For an example, open the Core Rule reference manual and go to one of the spells section (e.g. Spells - A) - you'll notice there's no action icons for the "Cast" actions.

Willot
September 30th, 2019, 22:59
Yep Got it Thanks Trenloe
Here is 14pt Font
It is a bit overlappy in some places but is still ALOT more readable IMHO

The sheets would have to be changed to stop the text overlapping But Ill leave that for someone else more familiar with the various windows and frame controls to nudge
the editable text a couple of pips to the right.

Here it is (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1y45KIdzRfiTvkkE0aqE5AjOox_3UiETO/view?usp=sharing)

EDIT: Its less overlappy now.... :p

Trenloe
October 1st, 2019, 01:06
It is a bit overlappy in some places...
The pink area in the character edit screen indicators where the character would overlap. If you go to Edit -> Character in the FGF editor menu you can change width of the character. This might make the area the text takes up too big for some control though...

Willot
October 1st, 2019, 02:15
The pink area in the character edit screen indicators where the character would overlap. If you go to Edit -> Character in the FGF editor menu you can change width of the character. This might make the area the text takes up too big for some control though...

Yep the icons were overlapping and I did figure that one out. I meant the Label Text is overlapping into the Editable text, 14pt too big.
The Label and Editable have to be spread apart a bit I assume a anchor point is involved somewhere?
It mostly affects the GM side of things and isnt that bad
Just looks ugly.

Trenloe
October 1st, 2019, 02:49
The Label and Editable have to be spread apart a bit I assume a anchor point is involved somewhere?
These are set in the CoreRPG column templates. Look in common\template_common.xml there are various fields (string_column, stringc_column, number_column, ft_column_labeled, etc.) that have a left offset of 97.

Willot
October 1st, 2019, 06:15
Ok Its quite a bit LESS "OverLappy" now Uploaded new one

Gwydion
October 1st, 2019, 13:20
Hey, all. I know I'm beating a dead horse but has anyone tried the 14 pt font extension I put together that I posted above? It works fine. I use the droid serif font. Trenloe, I did what you asked and checked the reference manual and the spell actions are listed just fine. If I load the big font extension instead of the one where I used the droid serif font then you are right, I see that the actions are not listed in the reference manual. Anyway, it really seems to me that the 14 pt droid serif font extension that I posted above works just fine. Let me know if someone else tries it!

Trenloe
October 1st, 2019, 14:40
Hey, all. I know I'm beating a dead horse but has anyone tried the 14 pt font extension I put together that I posted above? It works fine. I use the droid serif font. Trenloe, I did what you asked and checked the reference manual and the spell actions are listed just fine. If I load the big font extension instead of the one where I used the droid serif font then you are right, I see that the actions are not listed in the reference manual. Anyway, it really seems to me that the 14 pt droid serif font extension that I posted above works just fine. Let me know if someone else tries it!
See the first screenshot below - the arrows point to where there should be action symbols. The second screenshot shows what you should see (no font extensions enabled).

I don't know how the PF2 symbols in this extension's font could possibly work - the font FGF files in the extension are dated 2016, long before Paizo designed the action icons. To clarify how this all works - the FGF font files need to have the action symbols embedded in the font file itself (using the editor application I linked above) - it doesn't borrow the symbol from anywhere else. If you see symbols where I don't (see screenshot below) then you're using a different font assignment for the reference-r FG font - maybe you have another extension enabled, or this one unpacked with an edited FGF file?

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29219

And not using any extensions, the base ruleset font shows the PF2 symbols:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29220

Gwydion
October 1st, 2019, 14:52
I'm an idiot. You are right. Sorry to waste your time. I was looking in the wrong spot....

Willot
October 18th, 2019, 20:26
The extension here makes the font larger (with symbols) but it still does overlap somewhat but even with the overlaps I still find it more readable. I did get it better looking but I worked it into my theme I use which I cant post cause its got Copyright stuff in it. But Just mess around with those files Trenloe mentioned (and a couple of others I cant remember) and you'll get it.

Larsenex
October 19th, 2019, 14:56
Willot, I was using Monserat extension and did not realize I was missing the action symbols. I swapped to your Big Fonts and it is much better. Yes there is some over lap a bit (hero points) but it is a HUGE improvement!

Thank you!!

paladiusdarkhelm
October 24th, 2019, 16:21
Hi, Willot. I saw this theme over in a closed thread: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UoQBFIxvhP1e47DHbyTvEDABYikHZ5-X/view

Are you planning/able to share it? From what I can tell, it looks nice!

paladiusdarkhelm
October 24th, 2019, 16:23
Oops, nevermind; found my answer on another post: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50633-Theme-for-Pathfinder.