PDA

View Full Version : Feature Request for v 2.0 Enable the Minimize button for windows

mythweaver
November 2nd, 2006, 15:01
Is it just me or is the fact that the minimize button is disabled on FG's windows interface extremely annoying to everyone else?

It's really annoying not to be able to quickly get to your desktop when running FG my minimizing it.

sunbeam60
November 2nd, 2006, 15:31
FYI: https://fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3953&highlight=minimize+button

Seems to be a problem with queuing instructions to create D3D surfaces when the application is minimized. All the developers have said on this is that they are focusing on 1.06 first (which then later became 2.0) before looking at this. So, don't expect it for 2.0.

richvalle
November 2nd, 2006, 15:37
I run FG in a window and then resize the window to take up my whole desktop except for the task bar at the bottom. If I need something on my desktop I move the FG window off the screen to the bottom (leaving the top part showing) and then move it back when I'm done.

rv

Cantstanzya
November 3rd, 2006, 02:19
Is it just me or is the fact that the minimize button is disabled on FG's windows interface extremely annoying to everyone else?It has annoyed me yet. I have dual monitors so FG is always on my left monitor and other apps are on the right hand monitor. I never have to minimize FG, it's alway full screen. Even prior to getting the second monitor, I would just use the desktop icon to minimize everything and then the taskbar to make another program full screen. Then to get FG back I would just use the taskbar to bring back FG.

kalmarjan
November 3rd, 2006, 03:25
I run FG at a lower resolution than my screen Res, so I have no problem switching back and forth. Heck, I can even resize the screen if I want.

Otherwise, ALT+TAB works just as well.

Sandeman

Griogre
November 3rd, 2006, 22:49
In answer to the OP, yes it is annoying. And yes I run it in a window except in the middle of a large combat when I need the space.