PDA

View Full Version : Paizo Sync?

soulkeeper
September 27th, 2019, 21:03
One last question to understand.

IF I buy the product here at full price, it appears I can get the PDF on Paizo for free.
What if I buy the PDF on Paizo? It says I'll get a discount here, but no place seems to honestly say what that discount is.

Won't lie, looking to see which direction is the best for my Paizo+FG connection.

I really don't need paper books, but I'm gun shy on ordering the full Starfinder Rulebook here, unless I know for certain this will be our game platform going forward.

And again, I'm a bit gun shy because I already purchased a bundle pack elsewhere for $44 that got me core, pact, alien... and now I'm thinking of departing that system.

Ampersandrew
September 27th, 2019, 21:14
It doesn't matter. It should Cost exactly the same either way.

LordEntrails
September 27th, 2019, 21:25
If you buy the pdf from Paizo, then that is the price reduction you get on the FG side.

calexus
April 18th, 2020, 22:24
Can anyone help with how this works with Steam purchases? Also, I've found a lot of references about this for pathfinder, is it the same with starfinder?

LordEntrails
April 18th, 2020, 22:48
Can anyone help with how this works with Steam purchases? Also, I've found a lot of references about this for pathfinder, is it the same with starfinder?
I don't think it does. Because if you got the US price reduction from the PDF, with Steam's regional pricing it could mean you get FG versions for (nearly) free.

But, I'm not sure, why not just link your Paizo and Steam accounts and try?

Trenloe
April 18th, 2020, 22:53
The discount works for Pathfinder (1 and 2) and Starfinder. The exception is PFS and SFS scenarios.

Weissrolf
April 23rd, 2020, 09:08
If I understand correctly then I will not get a discount on Steam when I already own the corresponding Paizo PDF?! But when I buy on Steam first and then synchronize both with FG then I may or may not get a discount on the PDF price?!

ddavison
April 23rd, 2020, 18:23
That is correct. You won't get any discount because Steam has no way to discount a price prior to purchase. Instead, you can buy it at full price through Steam, sync your account and then it will add the PDF to your account at Paizo.com if you don't already have it there.

new_vision
May 1st, 2020, 11:58
It looks like the new Starfinder AP (Chimera Mystery) doesn't take the full PDF price into account, but rather the discounted one. Isn't the shop supposed to reduce by the "list" PDF price?

ddavison
May 1st, 2020, 15:15
It looks like the new Starfinder AP (Chimera Mystery) doesn't take the full PDF price into account, but rather the discounted one. Isn't the shop supposed to reduce by the "list" PDF price?

Yes, it should. I have corrected it. Sorry for the mistake.

new_vision
May 1st, 2020, 16:19
No problem at all. Thanks for reacting so quickly! :D

new_vision
September 30th, 2020, 08:09
Yes, it should. I have corrected it. Sorry for the mistake.

Hey, same problem again with Starfinder Alien Archive 3. Paizo purchase not deducted in full... :(

Trenloe
September 30th, 2020, 09:06
Hey, same problem again with Starfinder Alien Archive 3. Paizo purchase not deducted in full... :(
Run the Paizo account sync here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/syncPaizoAccount.xcp

Do you see "PZO7111E is owned"?

If so, add the product to your shopping cart to see the full discount (sale and PDF price). It should be reduced to $24.

new_vision
September 30th, 2020, 11:28
Run the Paizo account sync here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/syncPaizoAccount.xcp

Do you see "PZO7111E is owned"?

If so, add the product to your shopping cart to see the full discount (sale and PDF price). It should be reduced to $24.

Well, it is owned. But $31.99 - $9.99 is $22.00 in my book... :confused:

Trenloe
September 30th, 2020, 11:52
Well, it is owned. But $31.99 - $9.99 is $22.00 in my book... :confused:
The PDF cost is removed from the base (pre sale) cost. Then the sale percentage is removed after. So: $39.99 - $9.99 (PDF cost) = $30. Then reduce by 20% = $24.

new_vision
October 2nd, 2020, 15:38
The PDF cost is removed from the base (pre sale) cost. Then the sale percentage is removed after. So: $39.99 - $9.99 (PDF cost) = $30. Then reduce by 20% = $24.

Okay, cool. It is good to know how the discount works. This explains it. Thanks! :)