PDA

View Full Version : What do I need?

soulkeeper
September 27th, 2019, 18:51
So I'll admit to buying the core and aeon on "another" system and being very displeased with the way they ran it, and what I received.

I'm not eager to redo that cost, but for my players experience I may.

The question is, what do I NEED to run a game of Starfinder, Aeon Throne with my 4 players on FantasyGrounds?

If I do an Ultimate license, can I do it with just the adventure module?

We build our characters on PCGen, to make sure the stats are correct, so I can copy that into the game when ready.

Thanks for the answer/advice.

soulkeeper
September 27th, 2019, 18:53
Oh, and not being a normal user of FG, how long will it take me to get up to speed to run the game? We were supposed to start on Wednesday.

JohnD
September 27th, 2019, 19:01
FG is a full featured, powerful software program so there is a bit of a learning curve. Start slow, don't plan on using all the bells/whistles right off the bat and add a few features into your game as you and your players gain working knowledge of how it works.

Trenloe
September 27th, 2019, 19:14
The question is, what do I NEED to run a game of Starfinder, Aeon Throne with my 4 players on FantasyGrounds?

If I do an Ultimate license, can I do it with just the adventure module?

We build our characters on PCGen, to make sure the stats are correct, so I can copy that into the game when ready.
If you're happy manually entering all the PC data - including weapons, armor and items; then the AP is all you'll need. You'll gain a lot of functionality (drag-drop) by having access to the rulebook DLC, and this will save you quite a bit of time for PC entering and levelling - and new purchases of equipment.

But, the adventure will have all the NPC/monster data from the adventure and items unique to the AP. You could try looking at this first, and see if you want to get any additional products.

soulkeeper
September 27th, 2019, 20:38
Thank you Trenloe, this is what I was looking to know. In this case, this is similar to the "other" product.

Blacklamb
September 30th, 2019, 18:29
One thing to be careful with PCGen is it still stacks operative skill insight bonuses so you will want to do the math on their specialization skills. I use PC gen to help me audit my players sheets to make sure I or they did not miss anything.