PDA

View Full Version : Looking to rent an FG guru

esmale
November 2nd, 2006, 03:13
Hi all,

Not sure if this has been covered before, though I couldn't find any reference to it in the forums. So here goes...

I am the publisher of a new RPG called Chimera. Without getting into detail, I'd like to port the ruleset to Fantasy Grounds and make said ruleset available for free download on my website, as a resource for this excellent product (and by excellent, I mean FG has and continues to really impress me!).

While it *looks* like creating a ruleset isn't too steep a learning curve, I am pinched for time. I have a production schedule that just won't let me devote the time it takes to do a proper job converting Chimera to FG.

What I'd like to do is "outsource" the task to someone who has some experience with creating/converting rulesets to FG. If you're interested, please email me off-list ([email protected]), and we can discuss payment, timeline, and specifics.

Cheers for your time, and I look forward to receiving some replies! :)

-- Erin

The Chimera RPG:
Generic Rules for Simple Realism
https://www.welshpiper.com/

tdwyer11b
November 2nd, 2006, 05:45
You'll want to talk to Thore Ironrock (aka Kevin) over at www.digitaladventures.net

Snikle
November 2nd, 2006, 05:48
Your website is not working btw, anyone able to get there?

tdwyer11b
November 2nd, 2006, 07:29
Worked for me.

esmale
November 2nd, 2006, 14:07
Your website is not working btw, anyone able to get there?

Are you referring to the welshpiper.com site? Just checked it and it seems OK--did you have a problem with it?

tdwyer11b - Thanks for the tip; I've contacted Kevin over at Digital Adventures.

Cheers,
-- Erin

The Chimera RPG:

Snikle
November 2nd, 2006, 14:16
Yeah, couldnt get there last night, worked fine just now though.

esmale
November 2nd, 2006, 14:29
Yeah, couldnt get there last night, worked fine just now though.

Thanks for the heads up, Snikle. I may need to have my host provider stand in the corner...

BTW, say hi to Ilwan--mapventures continues to rock!

-- Erin

The Chimera RPG:

richvalle
November 2nd, 2006, 14:49
Hey, Where has Ilwan been? I've not seen him around. We never did get to game together. :(

BTW, someone over at FUM might be able to help you too... though Snikle should know that best.

Good luck!

rv

esmale
November 2nd, 2006, 14:54
Thanks richvalle,

I've seen Ilwan in his other incarnation occasionally on the CC2 list. Last we spoke we were discussing a PHP project for mapventures, but I think he solved the issue without my meddl...er, help. ;)

Pardon my ignorance, but what/where is FUM?

Cheers,

-- Erin

The Chimera RPG:

richvalle
November 2nd, 2006, 15:39
See Snikle's sig up in the thread.

esmale
November 2nd, 2006, 17:18
See Snikle's sig up in the thread.

Oh, that FUM...sure. I knew that.

(is there a Hubcap of Shame I need to wear for that one?)

Cheers,

Snikle
November 2nd, 2006, 19:27
Nah, so long as you come over and don the Monster Fool of the Month cap at FUM ;)

esmale
November 2nd, 2006, 21:55
Nah, so long as you come over and don the Monster Fool of the Month cap at FUM ;)

Done. I shall don it with due humility. ;)

That said, is richvalle right in saying that someone at FUM might be interested in this project?

Cheers,

Snikle
November 2nd, 2006, 22:04
Well as for an "Official" FUM, I would probably be the one that would do something like that. As for others over there, there are a bunch, you would probably be best served by posting over there and testing interest. You should probably talk to Doswelk or TD over there, both have experience doing Rulesets.

esmale
November 2nd, 2006, 22:21
you would probably be best served by posting over there

Thanks...I'll check it out there (which means I probably need to wear that Foolish hat). :)

Cheers,