PDA

View Full Version : UA Modules

EnragedLlama
September 25th, 2019, 15:24
So somewhat recently, and well even a little while ago. There have been quite a few updates to the UA module and from what i can tell. The UA Module itsself says it stays up to date with the UA changes but it seems to not exactly be correct and hasnt for some time.

Is there a setting im missing to keep my UA up to date or does the UA module have an update schedule?

LordEntrails
September 25th, 2019, 16:34
I assume you are talking about the 5E D&D Unearthed Arcana module that is available via the FG store?

If you are, it is usually kept up to date with a few days or week of the update and then it is distrusted via the regular weekly FG updates (Monday I think). Have you run your update?

If you are still having problems, then please post specifics in the 5E Bug Report forum and Mr Z will look into it.

Trenloe
September 25th, 2019, 16:53
Updates to existing products are usually on Tuesdays. The City Hall forum contains release information.

Unearthed Arcana was updated yesterday - see the Sept 24th update post here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?51103-Release-Updates-for-September-24th-2019

Zacchaeus
September 25th, 2019, 17:21
Make sure you don't have an old UA module in your modules folder. If you do delete it or move it out of your modules folder.

EnragedLlama
September 26th, 2019, 00:23
Make sure you don't have an old UA module in your modules folder. If you do delete it or move it out of your modules folder.

Turns out this was actually the problem. I went into the modules folder and deleted the two UA's that were in there. Updated and bam, Got em. This leads to a few questions though.

UA is obvious playtest material, If they decide to pull the classes from UA, Will it still remain within the UA module?
If they do remove the classes in the UA mod, could i take a copy of the modules that contain the classes in them, then either block, or run both versions of UA in some way to not break the FG functionality for the module?

LordEntrails
September 26th, 2019, 00:35
UA is obvious playtest material, If they decide to pull the classes from UA, Will it still remain within the UA module?
If they do remove the classes in the UA mod, could i take a copy of the modules that contain the classes in them, then either block, or run both versions of UA in some way to not break the FG functionality for the module?
This has already actually been done... WotC pulled all the UA material prior to 2018 (?). If you look at the description in the FG store, you will see that it states it only includes UA material from a given date forward.

Now, anything you take from the UA module into a character etc actually gets copied when you drag it into the character. So, if something was removed, it would not impact any existing characters etc.

EnragedLlama
September 26th, 2019, 00:38
This has already actually been done... WotC pulled all the UA material prior to 2018 (?). If you look at the description in the FG store, you will see that it states it only includes UA material from a given date forward.

Now, anything you take from the UA module into a character etc actually gets copied when you drag it into the character. So, if something was removed, it would not impact any existing characters etc.

Got it, Very much appreciated. This new barbarian is lookin rather nasty too. Thanks everyone for the help.

Zacchaeus
September 26th, 2019, 00:39
I don't think anything has ever been pulled from the UA. Most of what is in the current module is already in various books.

The High Druid
September 26th, 2019, 01:49
Referring to the previous module from the DM's guild I think . . .

LordEntrails
September 26th, 2019, 05:07
I should have been clearer. WotC has pulled some UA content from distribution. Hence the withdrawal of the DMsG UA module (we think) and why the FG module only goes back so far.