PDA

View Full Version : Performance to Demoralize

Haggar
September 24th, 2019, 16:56
Hi all,

So when playing a Bard and using Versatile Performance (Performance to Demoralize), is there a way that can be automated so I can target the enemy and make the roll or do I just have to roll a Performance check and compare it on my own vs the enemy's Will save to see if I critically succeeded etc. And are there any plans to automate this if there currently isn't a way? Thanks!

Eru the One
September 24th, 2019, 18:14
There is no Will save, Demoralize is vs. the Will DC which is the Save DC + 10, so you'll have to manually compare. I'm sure it can be done at some point, but I don't think the automation is there yet™.

UltimateGM
September 25th, 2019, 14:50
There is no Will save, Demoralize is vs. the Will DC which is the Save DC + 10, so you'll have to manually compare. I'm sure it can be done at some point, but I don't think the automation is there yet™.

I thought the save DC was your bonus +10? In other words if the creature had a Will bonus of 2 then the save DC would be 12.

Eru the One
September 25th, 2019, 15:59
There is no Will save, Demoralize is vs. the Will DC which is the Save Bonus + 10, so you'll have to manually compare. I'm sure it can be done at some point, but I don't think the automation is there yet™.

I meant save bonus.

Trenloe
September 25th, 2019, 16:07
There's a difference in terminology to get used to here - DC is not a bonus, it is a target number. Hence the Will DC is save bonus (not save DC) plus 10. Just one word out of place, but still makes a difference.

To answer Haggar's question - there is nothing built into the ruleset currently to do this. But there will be in future - it will be like it is now, carry out the action (which will allow roll bonus to be selected, including skills) against the target/s (which will allow the relevant DC to be selected in the action), then apply the resulting effects/s after the results of the initial action have been calculated - just like save -> apply effects, or attack -> apply damage, work now.

Haggar
September 29th, 2019, 05:01
Thanks a lot, can't wait for that!