PDA

View Full Version : MGT2 Todo List

MadBeardMan
September 24th, 2019, 13:49
Folks,

This is my current to-do list, it includes general work and specific work. I'll edit this post as more needs are added, or completed or removed.

Official Books, Adventures, Campaigns and Box sets still to be converted for FG

Pirates of Drinax Box set (Books 1,2 3 converted, now creating Story Entries for Book 1)
Drinaxian Companion
Book 5 - Traveller Companion (Started, 90% text conversion done, 0% data)
JTAS Books 2 of 6
The Glorious Empire
Sword Worlds
JTAS Books 3 of 6
Skandersvik
JTAS Books 4 of 6
Shadows of Sindal
Book 4 - Vehicle Handbook
JTAS Books 5 of 6
Aliens of Charted Space: Volume 2
Element Class Cruisers Box Set
JTAS Books 6
Deepnight Revelation
Starter Set

Please note that list is always subject to change, depending on player need, Mongoose needs and my own. For example, I've already started on Pirates of Drinax as I'm running it, but the Ships/Ship Combat stuff is in High Guard which won't be available for a while (it's a lot of work).

Ruleset Features

Characteristics - Add support for Traveller Companion additional characteristics (coming in v1.2.1)
Hit Location and Damage Mods - Add the Hit Location tables from Traveller Companion
Races have linked Traits (right now just text) that drop into the Racial Traits section, either manually or auto-fill when you drop your race selection onto your sheet
Racial Traits modify Skills or drop weapons as appropriate when applied
Overhaul Equipment so that effects can be added without the need for custom ruleset work
Add Resistances/Vulnerabilities allowing for percentage minus/extra, 1 damager per die etc.
Allow attacks to do special over-the-time damage, such as Poisons/Acids
Expand Party sheet to allow group rolls for skills such as Recon

If you can think of something then please comment.

Completed official works available for purchase

Book 1 - Core rulebook
Book 2 - Central Supply Catalogue
Book 3 - High Guard
Reach Adventure 1 - Marooned on Marduk
Reach Adventure 2 - Theories of Everything
Reach Adventure 3 - The Calixcuel Incident
Reach Adventure 4 - Last Flight of the Amuar
Reach Adventure 5 - The Borderland Run
Reach Adventure 6 - Exodus
Reach Adventure 7 - The Last Train Out of Rakken-Goll
Marches Adventure 1 - High and Dry
Spinward Marches 1 - The Bowman Arm
Spinward Marches 2 - The Lunion Shield Words
Referee's Briefing 1 - Corporations and Companies
Referee's Briefing 2 - Anomalies and Wonders
Referee's Briefing 3 - Going Portside
Referee's Briefing 4 - Mercenary Forces

Completed official works in/awaiting Testing

Behind the Claw (waiting on SW testing)
Marches Adventure 2 - Mission to Mithril (waiting on SW testing)
Referee's Briefing 5 - Incidents and Encounters (waiting on SW testing)
Referee's Briefing 6 - Garden Worlds (waiting on SW testing)
Great Rift Box set (waiting on Internal testing)
Aliens of Charted Space: Volume 1 (waiting on Internal testing)
JTAS Book 1 (waiting to send to SmiteWorks)

Cheers,
MBM

esmdev
October 27th, 2019, 17:12
Is it possible to make the World data player readable? I'd like to be able to enter information about systems and worlds that the players can read so that they can do lookups in FG and see the info that I've put into the world for them.

Honken
October 28th, 2019, 10:59
Is it possible to make the World data player readable? I'd like to be able to enter information about systems and worlds that the players can read so that they can do lookups in FG and see the info that I've put into the world for them.

Well, i did the usual tests, and you can take the world link, and drop it on a player. That worked for me.

/H

esmdev
October 28th, 2019, 13:21
I suppose I can do that, just a lot of dragging to unlock everything. It's okay though I'm going to use an alternate solution for system data.

MadBeardMan
October 28th, 2019, 17:18
I suppose I can do that, just a lot of dragging to unlock everything. It's okay though I'm going to use an alternate solution for system data.

Chap,

Let me look into adding a 'Share' option to the Worlds Data, that could be super useful.

On got it, when you are inside the World, you can right click and share that with the players - is this ok?

Cheers,
MBM

esmdev
October 28th, 2019, 18:07
Chap,

Let me look into adding a 'Share' option to the Worlds Data, that could be super useful.

Cheers,
MBM

It would be super useful. :)

MadBeardMan
October 28th, 2019, 18:32
It would be super useful. :)

Just posted onto my Twitter a screenshot. I went into a World, right-clicked, selected 'Share' and my player got access to it. I can't find an example of anywhere when you can right-click on a list of data (say Items) and then share.

Cheers,
MBM

tailesin
October 28th, 2019, 18:41
Hi,

I'm new (ish) to the forum at least and am very excited to see this progress (maybe too excited as I have already bought everything currently available.....) and 'inflict' some of the adventures on my players.

They are mostly 5e and Pathfinder people so might not be quite ready for the brutality (which I think is the best word) of the combat in Traveller let alone all of the rest of the action. Looking to, at a convenient point in this Pathfinder AP, to do the Pirates of Drinax open adventure.

Especially looking forward to your take (stolen or otherwise I hear) on the ship combat.

I like what I see so far. Good luck.

Tails........

esmdev
December 8th, 2019, 01:16
Out of curiosity is the plan still to build off the Starfinder ship system? I've been following the development and it looks like it would be a good base. Just wondering if you've changed your mind from way back when.

MadBeardMan
December 8th, 2019, 11:27
Out of curiosity is the plan still to build off the Starfinder ship system? I've been following the development and it looks like it would be a good base. Just wondering if you've changed your mind from way back when.

Hi Esmdev,

The plan is to get the basics released with v1.1.0 which has the code required for Central Supply Catalogue, and during the CSC branch (v1.1.X) start to make the ship data better and better.

Started on v1.1.0 yesterday..... should drop around New Year time.

Cheers,
MBM

esmdev
December 8th, 2019, 12:35
I meant the ship system for the future High Guard development. I realize that the current is going to be simple ship info was thinking far forward. I'm liking how the system is working out for Starfinder and remembered that forever ago we were waiting for that to be done to use as a base line for the code. It looks like it would work pretty well for vehicles as well. I was just wondering.

Definitely right now a focus on CSC is a great plan. :)

MadBeardMan
December 9th, 2019, 10:52
I meant the ship system for the future High Guard development. I realize that the current is going to be simple ship info was thinking far forward. I'm liking how the system is working out for Starfinder and remembered that forever ago we were waiting for that to be done to use as a base line for the code. It looks like it would work pretty well for vehicles as well. I was just wondering.

Definitely right now a focus on CSC is a great plan. :)

Thanks chap, you've been a star helping out with things here, don't worry about making any kind of comment, we all run our games in different ways so my way is never perfect!

v1.0.3. should arrive in tomorrows updates! and I'm keen to work with all of you to make the ruleset better and better.

Now onto v1.1.0....

Cheers
MBM

chekmx
March 29th, 2020, 13:58
Training: It would be nice to have training tracker with 8 check boxes for training weeks a check box based on skill for number of successful taring tests required plus also an edu roll for the test once the 8 weeks training are complete.

chekmx
March 29th, 2020, 14:01
In fantasy grounds unity the formatting is not ideal

for example in finances cash in hand the text covers the first digit

MadBeardMan
March 29th, 2020, 14:02
In fantasy grounds unity the formatting is not ideal

for example in finances cash in hand the text covers the first digit

Hello,

I've already spoken to FG about the scaling of the fonts in FGC and FGU, hopefully it will be addressed soon.

Cheers,
MBM

LordNanoc
March 29th, 2020, 15:35
Training: It would be nice to have training tracker with 8 check boxes for training weeks a check box based on skill for number of successful taring tests required plus also an edu roll for the test once the 8 weeks training are complete.

I am using the calender for that, setting a marker for when they are done training.

chekmx
March 29th, 2020, 18:21
Thank you both for the responses. Good to hear that this has already been raised to FG.

FishnChips
April 6th, 2020, 00:00
Where is the Central Supply Catalogue? I would like to know the estimated date it will come out. Please and thank you friend :).

MadBeardMan
April 6th, 2020, 00:03
Where is the Central Supply Catalogue? I would like to know the estimated date it will come out. Please and thank you friend :).

Hi FishnChips,

It's on the list, oddly I'm right now formatting the final Chapter (Ref Manual), there will be a tweet posted in about an hour showing the status. Then the data needs updating for Chapters 10-15 and it's done, ready for testing, this time next week it should be in LordNanoc's hands!

Cheers,
MBM

esmdev
April 6th, 2020, 00:06

I don't know for certain, doubt a date is available, but the next update has a number of system updates that are needed for CSC and likely CSC should follow directly. MBM has been on fire lately so, yesterday he said he was on chapter 14 of 16. Once it is completed it will probably require some testing and then Mongoose will have to approve it, so maybe late this month or next.

Edit: MBM beat me to the answer. :)

FishnChips
April 6th, 2020, 00:14
Wow, fast response I love that. Thank you, I will be eagerly looking forward to its eventual release.:o

MadBeardMan
April 6th, 2020, 21:56
Wow, fast response I love that. Thank you, I will be eagerly looking forward to its eventual release.:o

Just to let you know, v1.1.0 is with FG, but won't be released into LIVE channel until 14th April.

Central Supply Catalogue needs v1.1.1 as that will also add the 'Heavy Weaponry' classes required, so that'll be sent to test next week with CSC final draft including data.

Huzzah

Boldtaar
April 10th, 2020, 00:57
Can you add some way to keep track of number off magazines?
Maybe add a field to enter number off available magazines next to the magazine ammo count or add magazines as an inventory item

MadBeardMan
April 10th, 2020, 01:00
Can you add some way to keep track of number off magazines?
Maybe add a field to enter number off available magazines next to the magazine ammo count or add magazines as an inventory item

Hello, I'll have a think, the issue is you can have different ammo types with Central Supply Catalogue.

So let me think, as this would be useful for special ammo.

Cheers,
MBM

alfarobl
April 14th, 2020, 12:13
Just to let you know, v1.1.0 is with FG, but won't be released into LIVE channel until 14th April.

Today is the day!

esmdev
April 14th, 2020, 14:45
Today is the day!

Crossing my fingers. :)

greyseasunder
April 14th, 2020, 18:26
Hi folks,
New to Traveller, new to FGU. Just read through this forum, looking forward to the new content. Just wanted to say thank you to MadBeardMan and anyone else who might be assisting in getting more of the Mongoose content/main books into FGU. I'll be snagging them as they appear. Thanks!

esmdev
April 14th, 2020, 18:37
Hi. Welcome to the forums (and FG of course). It is great timing as a couple of major updates are just on the horizon. :)

greyseasunder
April 14th, 2020, 18:58
Hi. Welcome to the forums (and FG of course). It is great timing as a couple of major updates are just on the horizon. :)

Can't wait! :) Trying to figure everything out and get a campaign rolling for my players. While this whole virus thing seriously sucks, its fantastic for remote gaming.

sallerin
April 14th, 2020, 19:12
+1 :)

alfarobl
April 14th, 2020, 20:47
Crossing my fingers. :)

Unity and Classic now got 1.1.0.

chekmx
April 15th, 2020, 11:23
Formatting for cash on Hand is working :) Really nice to sheet ship sheet. Thanks very much

FishnChips
April 17th, 2020, 20:16
So how long do you think the testing phase is gonna take?

esmdev
April 18th, 2020, 01:32
So how long do you think the testing phase is gonna take?

Which part specifically? Central Supply Catalog is the only project currently in testing and it looks to be at least a couple of weeks (or more) from release.

FishnChips
April 18th, 2020, 01:34
Yea, the CSC is the one book i really need for my campaign so im looking forward to its release

esmdev
April 18th, 2020, 02:08
Me too! Am really looking forward to it as well. :) Almost there...

backwardoracle
April 18th, 2020, 12:31
One thing that does spring to mind that would be useful, is Morale, given that ship to ship combat is being developed having this in from the start would be useful for those more piratically inclined.

LordNanoc
April 18th, 2020, 13:27
One thing that does spring to mind that would be useful, is Morale, given that ship to ship combat is being developed having this in from the start would be useful for those more piratically inclined.

Morale is part of the Companion. MBM works on that as well. :)

backwardoracle
April 18th, 2020, 13:29
Excellent, its part of the Drinax campaign but if it already being covered thats great !

LordNanoc
April 18th, 2020, 13:30
And while we're at it, Reach 5 is in the works already, too. :D

FishnChips
April 18th, 2020, 14:36
Is it possible to have the NPC have a ammo counter. Like having it on the Combat Tracker?

MadBeardMan
April 18th, 2020, 14:40
Is it possible to have the NPC have a ammo counter. Like having it on the Combat Tracker?

Yes. I'll add it to the (growing list).

esmdev
April 18th, 2020, 16:57
As a feature request would it be possible to default the attack value to 0 instead of blank. It doesn't seem to be willing to roll off blank and requires that the attack field be changed to a number. When I am making the NPCs it would be nice to only have to change what needs to be changed instead of having to change things to 0.

esmdev
April 18th, 2020, 18:44
Since I am playing in a game today I've had time to assess some things which is why I keep posting more stuff. I should wait until I have a list but I'm afraid I'll forget.

Anyways, another thing that would be useful (really forward looking towards the Companion) but a slot in the skill list (and characteristics) that holds XP towards advancement. Since you are required to put awarded XP directly into something it would be cool to have a space to note it along with the applied characteristics/skill. Right now I just put it in notes but over time that seems like it would be a cluttered method.

MadBeardMan
April 18th, 2020, 19:00
Since I am playing in a game today I've had time to assess some things which is why I keep posting more stuff. I should wait until I have a list but I'm afraid I'll forget.

Anyways, another thing that would be useful (really forward looking towards the Companion) but a slot in the skill list (and characteristics) that holds XP towards advancement. Since you are required to put awarded XP directly into something it would be cool to have a space to note it along with the applied characteristics/skill. Right now I just put it in notes but over time that seems like it would be a cluttered method.

This is important, I need it for my game, it's why I've converted a lot of the Companion. It's all converted just there's not any real automation/data from it. It's got the Creatures/NPC's, and various tables, but not the Career Packages - do you need that all 'working'? Before you'd part money for it?

Cheers,
MBM

alfarobl
April 18th, 2020, 19:10
It would also help if there was some section in Notes for keeping track of weeks of study during travel so you can track your advancements. Like an ammo tracker but with one skill or several and keep track on how you do. If the skill is 1 you need x extra weeks of study. It is not urgent as you can do it manually with notes but it will be a nice addition and help new players.

MadBeardMan
April 18th, 2020, 19:14
Training and Experience is part of Traveller Companion (Chapter 6).

For Corerulebook I can't find anything which explains how it works, if you can point that out means I can have a think!

Cheers,
MBM

alfarobl
April 18th, 2020, 19:46
I don't know about Companion but on Core Rules I use Page 52 with Training and Study Periods used to improve skills during those Weeks on board on transit to destination. "A Study Period is equal to 8 weeks (or 2 months) of study and practice. These weeks within a Study Period need not be consecutive, but each week must be fully dedicated to study with at least eight hours per day spent learning and practicing." "At this point, the Traveller must succeed at an Average (8+) EDU check."
"For example, if a Traveller had Electronics (computers) 1 and was trying to learn Electronics (computers) 2, this would require two successful Study Periods."

It is probably simpler than whatever comes on Companion but an easy way to fill those Space Jumps into learning new skills or improve before arriving to mission destination. An easy tracker where you could just mark weeks completed on topic can be useful. Specially if you do a campaign hiatus and recover those PCs after a while and they had studies in place.

Also, it would help if Limitations are checked even during character creation: "Remember, your Traveller may have a maximum number of skill levels equal to three times his combined INT and EDU score. If they already have this many skills after leaving a career, any additional skills may only be learned to level 0."
That is usually something a Referee would forget to check and the MGT2 ruleset could very easily verify for you.

Thanks!

MadBeardMan
April 18th, 2020, 19:50
I don't know about Companion but on Core Rules I use Page 52 with Training and Study Periods used to improve skills during those Weeks on board on transit to destination. "A Study Period is equal to 8 weeks (or 2 months) of study and practice. These weeks within a Study Period need not be consecutive, but each week must be fully dedicated to study with at least eight hours per day spent learning and practicing." "At this point, the Traveller must succeed at an Average (8+) EDU check."
"For example, if a Traveller had Electronics (computers) 1 and was trying to learn Electronics (computers) 2, this would require two successful Study Periods."

It is probably simpler than whatever comes on Companion but an easy way to fill those Space Jumps into learning new skills or improve before arriving to mission destination. An easy tracker where you could just mark weeks completed on topic can be useful. Specially if you do a campaign hiatus and recover those PCs after a while and they had studies in place.

Thanks!

Good find. It's listed just under training, I'll re-read it and compare with Companion and see what we can do.

Been fixing the Init, then next NPC armour and then next update the adventures out there! Want to get updates up for Tuesday to fix things.

Cheers,
MBM

alfarobl
April 18th, 2020, 19:53
Good find. It's listed just under training, I'll re-read it and compare with Companion and see what we can do.

Been fixing the Init, then next NPC armour and then next update the adventures out there! Want to get updates up for Tuesday to fix things.

Cheers,
MBM

Sorry I keep adding stuff but reading I remember things I would love to see... hope it helps!

It would help if Limitations are checked even during character creation: "Remember, your Traveller may have a maximum number of skill levels equal to three times his combined INT and EDU score. If they already have this many skills after leaving a career, any additional skills may only be learned to level 0."
That is usually something a Referee would forget to check and the MGT2 ruleset could very easily verify for you.

Maybe that is already taken care of... but have not tested if it would let me add skills beyond the Limit 3xINT+EDU on skills not level 0.

Best regards!

MadBeardMan
April 18th, 2020, 20:07
Sorry I keep adding stuff but reading I remember things I would love to see... hope it helps!

It would help if Limitations are checked even during character creation: "Remember, your Traveller may have a maximum number of skill levels equal to three times his combined INT and EDU score. If they already have this many skills after leaving a career, any additional skills may only be learned to level 0."

Maybe that is already taken care of... but have not tested if it would let me add skills beyond the Limit 3xINT+EDU on skills not level 0.

Best regards!

It's not taken care of, but could be done so. Not had many characters with many many skills to come near to the total and when I did that char had 11 Int and 13 Edu! Even the Aslan Marine who had 3 Int and 4 Edu didn't hit the 21 points limit. Though might have done if took further terms etc.

Regarding experience and training. Experience is only Companion, in Companion Training is very different.

"Travellers who are into self-improvement or learning a new job can gain experience through training or study. The typical Traveller who reads the odd journal, tries out a few things from time to time, and occasionally has a burst of dedication and puts in some actual work, will gain 1 Dedicated Experience point per six months of game time. However much a Traveller may protest that he studies avidly in every available minute, few can keep up full-time study alongside their day job of crewing a starship, defending the free galaxy, or whatever it is they do for a living."

Cheers,
MBM

Boldtaar
April 19th, 2020, 00:24
A request/suggestion

When fleshing out a PC's Allies, contacts e.c.t field becomes very full on the PC's front page.
Maybe make it possible to drag a link to a NPC to the allies field. Then you have the option to set up a contacts as NPC with more details

sallerin
April 19th, 2020, 07:54
Currently, it is necessary to create an unarmed weapon to have an unarmed combat action for NPC; correct?

esmdev
April 19th, 2020, 08:28
Currently, it is necessary to create an unarmed weapon to have an unarmed combat action for NPC; correct?

You should be able to drag the unarmed attack from the weapons section of equipment directly into the weapons section of the NPC sheet. It may be necessary to adjust the damage to reflect the strength of the NPC.

sallerin
April 19th, 2020, 08:44
Thx!

MadBeardMan
April 21st, 2020, 14:16
A request/suggestion

When fleshing out a PC's Allies, contacts e.c.t field becomes very full on the PC's front page.
Maybe make it possible to drag a link to a NPC to the allies field. Then you have the option to set up a contacts as NPC with more details

Hi Boldtaar,

For the Companion book I'm going to rejig the Character sheet and like you, one of my characters has a lot of Allies and Contacts and that little box just isn't big enough for all the details. What I may do is move things about.

For example, the Armour section, I'm planning on moving this onto the Inventory Tab, that would allow more space to make the Allies/Contacts/Enemies a normal 'text area' where links can be dragged.

Cheers,
MBM

backwardoracle
April 21st, 2020, 14:36
:) An update to worlds, to include berthing fees, fuel costs etc. for starport & downport would be greatly appreciated

esmdev
April 21st, 2020, 15:00
There was a plan awhile back to incorporate these fields but it probably got lost in all of the other stuff that was being requested. Hopefully it will make it back on the list. :)

MadBeardMan
April 21st, 2020, 17:01
:) An update to worlds, to include berthing fees, fuel costs etc. for starport & downport would be greatly appreciated

Yep, can be added in, can you point out which book has this info so I can double check it all please.

Just heading home, back in a bit.

Cheers,
MBM

esmdev
April 21st, 2020, 17:10
Yep, can be added in, can you point out which book has this info so I can double check it all please.

Just heading home, back in a bit.

Cheers,
MBM

Most info is on page 225 of the core rules. The presence of high or down ports isn't really specified in MGT, just a paragraph about highport presence is generally richer worlds.

I actually posted to 1.1.1 just a bit ago requesting an 'extras' field so refs can do quick info like this on the main tab and keep notes for larger description text.

backwardoracle
April 21st, 2020, 23:13
:) page 225 core rules, yep, I think I asked for it too, for 1st ed, Maybe a slot for facilities too, for ship repairs :) for all those being shot at in space

MadBeardMan
April 21st, 2020, 23:40
:) page 225 core rules, yep, I think I asked for it too, for 1st ed, Maybe a slot for facilities too, for ship repairs :) for all those being shot at in space

So an Extras box that Esmdev asked for, not enough for you? Bring this to the v1.1.1 chat please and we can agree and I'll get it done.

savoylen
May 24th, 2020, 04:07
Am I missing it or is there a place for the "animals/creatures"? They use "Hits" vs the standard EDU/STR/DEX system.
For example, the Core Rule Book Animals on 79-84
- Savy

EDIT:: NM. Turns out everything like that is listed with NPC. The dropdown box has the type options. I like how clean that makes everything. I would have like to see the CRB example already created as with the other modules you buy here to use as examples, even if it was just a few to help see 'how it should go'.

MadBeardMan
May 24th, 2020, 14:27
Am I missing it or is there a place for the "animals/creatures"? They use "Hits" vs the standard EDU/STR/DEX system.
For example, the Core Rule Book Animals on 79-84
- Savy

EDIT:: NM. Turns out everything like that is listed with NPC. The dropdown box has the type options. I like how clean that makes everything. I would have like to see the CRB example already created as with the other modules you buy here to use as examples, even if it was just a few to help see 'how it should go'.

Greetings and welcome.

NPC's (per se) and undergoing modifications every few updates, the animals and robots are pretty much done as they are, so I'll add those NPC's to the v1.1.2. update that I'm working on.

Thanks for reminding me to add them.

Cheers,
MBM

savoylen
May 24th, 2020, 17:12
No problem.

Another quick question about combat and damage calculations.

CRB 74 "Damage and Effect" The Effect of an Attack roll is always applied to the damage of a weapon (though not for Destructive or different scale weapons).

I noticed that Effect isn't being calculated into the results in the tracker.
It does reduce the damage by armor but doesn't add the Effect (CRB 59)

Is there an option I should be turning on for that somewhere?

MadBeardMan
May 24th, 2020, 18:03
No problem.

Another quick question about combat and damage calculations.

CRB 74 "Damage and Effect" The Effect of an Attack roll is always applied to the damage of a weapon (though not for Destructive or different scale weapons).

I noticed that Effect isn't being calculated into the results in the tracker.
It does reduce the damage by armor but doesn't add the Effect (CRB 59)

Is there an option I should be turning on for that somewhere?

Hi,

This is the TODO thread, general questions should be in there own thread so that others may see them quicker.

There is no option, it does add the Effect.

Here's an example from a test I just did in v1.1.1 (which should to live in a few days)

Giant Snow-Worm: [ATTACK] Crush [Average Success +4 dmg] [HIT]
Giant Snow-Worm: [DAMAGE] Crush [+4 dmg] [TYPE: kinetic (8d6+4=26)]

As you can see, if the most recent attack is then followed by a damage roll the effect is added as a modifier.

If this isn't working with you, then list what exactly you're doing and put it into the 2nd Edition bug thread.

Cheers,
MBM

Dalton Calford
June 6th, 2020, 00:29
In regards to the Traveller Companion, is there a way that I can expand the core attributes? I would like to add luck and sanity for example. Is there a way I can do this?

MadBeardMan
June 6th, 2020, 14:54
In regards to the Traveller Companion, is there a way that I can expand the core attributes? I would like to add luck and sanity for example. Is there a way I can do this?

Hi Dalton,

Traveller Companion is not yet available for FG.

You can add the extra characteristics yourself but it's quite a lot of work, you'd have to override the character sheet and the functions. I've started work on the Char Sheet for v1.1.3 which should allow new characteristics to be fittted onto the actions tab, but Traveller Companion is a little way off.

Cheers,
MBM

LordNanoc
June 6th, 2020, 18:48
Grmbl ... wrong thread... sorry --- deleted

Dalton Calford
June 6th, 2020, 20:24
Hi MBM,

There are a few things I would like to add to the current Traveller character sheet. I would also like to enable a way to convert characters generated from rpgsuite to be used in Fantasy Grounds. I have found that the Fantasy Grounds sheets do not hold all the details that can be generated from either rpgsuite or the core rules. (just not enough room for names/details).
Are there limits as to what you are allowed to support in FG? If not, I would look at a library data add-on, a jtas news service add-on and a world data add-on (the current user created world data add-on is very limited).
I would be willing to generate these for you, if you provide me with the minimum information you need and or would like. That way, I am assured my work can be used with FG while you get your work load cut.

best regards
Dalton

MadBeardMan
June 6th, 2020, 23:30
Hi Chap,

If you think something is missing that's in MGT2's Traveller then mention it as a new thread and I'll look at what's involved.

Same goes with World data etc.

Now I'm only working on official Mongoose Products and the focus is to get Core books out with a mix of source books/adventure supplements. Books take a lot of time to convert and to add the rules as automation. The focus was for the v1.0.x to work in general, v1.1.X to add rules for Central Supply, v1.2.X for High Guard and then v1.3.X for Traveller Companion. I don't focus just on these, I've recently updated the Worlds Data to include extra fields for berthing cost/fuel type etc. NPC's are also being tweaked almost every update, the aim long term is for an NPC to be as fleshed out as a PC, that's a way off at the moment.

Now I don't use RPGSuite so I can't comment on what the data looks like exported, but if someone wants to write a parser to import PC's then I can possibly help with it.

Cheers,
MBM

esmdev
June 7th, 2020, 00:27
RPGsuite also doesn't follow the generation rules. I wrote them (several times) and they finally decided to answer me basically saying that they don't cap stats, or skill ratings, or anything like that incase someone has a house rule for it. I told them that they should follow the core rules and have an option to allow them to be ignored but they didn't seem to care. So I just gave up on it.

Dalton Calford
June 7th, 2020, 02:26
Howdy MBM,

I already have the json layout/format used by rpgsuite and I was looking through the json exported by fantasygrounds. I was in the middle of doing a conversion map from one to the other when I found many elements that did not have a place to hold the data.
When I found the limitations, I figured I would look into lua and see what it would take to update the character sheet as I want to use it with FGU. I currently own every Traveller product produced by Fantasygrounds. I also own a pdf copy of every MGT1/2 book (as well as owning all the CD's of the earlier Traveller releases). I can extract the text/images from the pdf's BUT would only do so if the material is going into a properly licensed product.
I have the api's to pull all the data from the traveller map, which can be combined with the data from behind the claw and the mgt1 sector books. Each world could have a list of the available skills for a homeworld as well as the text from explanator. 90% or more of this could be generated from scripts.

In other words, I need the tool, I have a game coming up and I have the skills and information required. I can provide you with material for you to do the work, but it sounds like your plate is full.
If you want xml generated/populated, great. If you need images manipulated, great. I am an absolute beginner with lua and the Fantasy Grounds interface, but I have over 30 years of programming experience in multiple languages, so I can learn.
So, I am a resource who wants to get a product that works for his upcoming games. (so I am motivated).

Best regards

Dalton

MadBeardMan
June 8th, 2020, 10:46
Hi Dalton,

Sorry I didn't reply yesterday, was busy with my family and my Xbone console!

First, if you want to update the character sheet, you'll need to learn how to create an extension. Inside you'll override the XML for the charsheet, that part is quite easy. What's not so easy, is that the scripts that use the characters are in the ruleset functions.

I agree about the TravellerMap scripts, what you need to be careful off (at times) is that Mongoose Worlds are different from the TravellerMap, not that much though these days as I think Mongoose use it. So I might create a Nodejs app to pull the data into a new text, because I use a parser app that uses text files to create the mods, and I need to add the parser to allow worlds to be added into a mod.

I've also been coding for crumbs, just over 30 years myself, been doing FG stuff for about 5 years and still learning!

Cheers,
MBM

esmdev
June 8th, 2020, 18:13
Travellermaps uses the T5 trade codes while MGT2 uses... well the MGT2. They are different by 2 codes (for trading, there are a ton of extras in T5 that aren't used in trading). MGT2 has two extra trade codes so they are just different enough. The travellermaps site also includes information that doesn't have equivalent components in MGT2.

For some reason MGT2 seems built around super simple so they don't even have rules to support in-system worlds generation. The MGT1 system works fine for this but sadly is out of bounds for MGT2 development on FG because it is from 1E. :(

As for developing a character sheet extension it would be difficult with the ruleset locked and encrypted to make something functional. For instance it would be cool to be able to add CHA but could use on skills or setup an override so would just be a number on the sheet with no effect on FG automation.

MadBeardMan
June 8th, 2020, 18:31
I built an app to pull the data down for Spinward Marches from TravellerMap, not impressed that they don't support JSON for World Data.

District 268
============
Asteltine 0931 B7A7402-A Fl Ni 210 Na K7 V M3 V
Inchin 0938 D42035A-A De He Lo Po 823 Na F0 V
Singer 0940 D553774-6 Po 901 Na M2 V M2 V
567-908 1031 E532000-0 Ba Po (Shrieker 010 Na G5 V M9 V
Avastan 1037 C433520-A Ni Po 724 Na M3 V
Kuai Qing 1040 C503758-A Ic Na Va Pi 320 Na K3 V
Faldor 1131 E5936A7-5 Ni (Otarri) 520 Na M2 V
Bowman 1132 D000300-9 S As Lo Va 831 Cs M0 V
Squallia 1133 C438679-9 Ni 320 Na F0 V
Tarsus 1138 B584620-A Ag Ni Ri 202 Cs K9 V
Walston 1232 C544338-8 S Lo Varg7 302 Cs M2 V
Flexos 1233 E5A1422-8 Fl He Ni 610 Na M1 V M2 V
Collace 1237 B628943-D S Hi In 101 Cs F1 V M3 V
Pavabid 1238 C6678D8-6 Ga Ri Pa Ph Pz A 701 Na K7 V
Datrillian 1331 E427633-8 Ni 801 Na M1 V
Nirton 1332 X500000-0 Ba Va Fo R 011 Na M0 V
Judice 1337 E9B2000-0 Ba Fl He RsT 021 Cs M3 V
Trexalon 1339 B561851-C Ri Ph 923 Na K8 V
Motmos 1340 B68468B-5 N Ag Ni Ri 710 Cs M2 V M2 V
Noctocol 1433 E7A5747-8 Fl 602 Na F5 V M2 V
Tarkine 1434 C566662-7 S Ag Ni Ri Da O:1 A 310 Cs M0 V M2 V
Dallia 1435 B885883-9 Ga Ri Pa Ph 610 Cs F2 V
Talos 1436 E433532-9 Ni Po 820 Na F9 V M1 V
Dawnworld 1531 E885000-0 Ba Ga 025 Na F8 V M2 V
Elixabeth 1532 B426467-8 N Ni O:1435 201 Cs M1 V M5 V
Forine 1533 D3129B8-A Hi Ic In Na 610 Na G9 V
Mertactor 1537 B562732-B S Ri 110 Im G1 V
Talchek 1631 C7B1442-8 Fl He Ni Da A 601 Cs K8 V M5 V
Milagro 1632 E31178A-7 Ic Na Pi 920 Na M2 V
Pagaton 1634 C769873-4 Ri Ph 913 Na F0 V
Binges 1635 A500231-A Lo Va 720 Na M0 V
Mille Falcs 1637 B9A2469-C A Fl He Ni Mr 301 Im M2 V

Here's the crude code (NodeJS v12).

const request = require('request');

request('https://travellermap.com/api/metadata?sector=Spinward%20Marches', async (err, res, body) => {
let json = JSON.parse(body);

json.Subsectors.forEach(async subsector => {
await fetchWorldData(subsector.Name);
});
});

async function fetchWorldData(sector)
{
const options = {
url: `https://travellermap.com/data/Spinward%20Marches/${sector}/sec?header=0&metadata=0`,
method: 'GET',
headers: {
'Accept': 'application/json',
'Accept-Charset': 'utf-8'
}
};

await request(options, (err, res, body) => {
console.log(sector);
console.log('='.repeat(sector.length));
let json = JSON.parse(body);

const text = json.split('\r\n').filter(x => x);

text.forEach(world => {
console.log(world);
// convert this
});

});
}

I'll now get it to convert that to MGT2E format and write the text file for my parser.

Cheers,
MBM

savoylen
June 9th, 2020, 19:07
So cool - nice job!!

esmdev
June 9th, 2020, 19:22
The second survey data would provide more information like allegiances and such. Plus you can read the data by column location. It's not really part of MGT2 but PBG would be nice to have in the world system.

https://travellermap.com/api/sec?sector=spinward%20marches

MadBeardMan
June 9th, 2020, 20:11
The second survey data would provide more information like allegiances and such. Plus you can read the data by column location. It's not really part of MGT2 but PBG would be nice to have in the world system.

https://travellermap.com/api/sec?sector=spinward%20marches

My scripts are complete. Took a massive 5 seconds for Spinward Marches to have all the Worlds Data plus the reference manual data, 5 seconds later everything for Deneb. 10,000 lines of data.

MGT doesn't use the full PBG, it uses just the 'Gas Giants', also MGT doesn't use all the Trade Codes, nor the Allegiances.

Anyway it's built what I needed for Behind the Claw, means I could build World Data for any Sector/Subsector but would need checking.

Cheers,
MBM

esmdev
June 9th, 2020, 21:54
Pirates of Drinax uses allegiances in the system data, fortunately you already have the space for it in the system structure. Pirates is why I incorporated it into my system modules.

Also not sure what you mean by not using trade codes? The entire speculative trade system is based on the trade codes.

MadBeardMan
June 9th, 2020, 22:17
Pirates of Drinax uses allegiances in the system data, fortunately you already have the space for it in the system structure. Pirates is why I incorporated it into my system modules.

Also not sure what you mean by not using trade codes? The entire speculative trade system is based on the trade codes.

Chap,

Trade Codes - MGT does not use all the Trade Codes mentioned in the TravellerMap. I've sorted that, all the trade codes not part of MGT's are ignored.
Allegiances - MGT does not use all the Allegiances mentioned in the second survey in the TravellerMap. I've allowed them all as is, for example you'll see that MGT use 'Consulate' when TravellerMap means 'Zhodani Consulate'.

Cheers

Serg Barbeau
June 22nd, 2020, 07:51
Good Day, MadBeardMan
The question is about FG Unity
Can You add Cyrillic fonts to the MGT2 Ruleset, as is done in the DnD5e Ruleset?

MadBeardMan
June 22nd, 2020, 12:43
Good Day, MadBeardMan
The question is about FG Unity
Can You add Cyrillic fonts to the MGT2 Ruleset, as is done in the DnD5e Ruleset?

Hi Serg,

Thanks for asking here.

Why do you need the fonts?

Fonts/localised text is normally done in extensions, are you using one for DnD5e?

Cheers,
MBM

Serg Barbeau
June 23rd, 2020, 08:10
Hi Serg,

Thanks for asking here.

Why do you need the fonts?

Fonts/localised text is normally done in extensions, are you using one for DnD5e?

Cheers,
MBM

Hi, MadBeardMan
My players are Russian speakers and they have problems understanding English.
The FG Classic does not support Cyrillic. In FG Classic, I use the not official extension that adds Cyrillic, which has problems with the encoding.
But I noticed that the FG Unity added Cyrillic fonts without extension which work correctly. This is present in the DnD5e Ruleset.

MadBeardMan
June 23rd, 2020, 17:21
Hi, MadBeardMan
My players are Russian speakers and they have problems understanding English.
The FG Classic does not support Cyrillic. In FG Classic, I use the not official extension that adds Cyrillic, which has problems with the encoding.
But I noticed that the FG Unity added Cyrillic fonts without extension which work correctly. This is present in the DnD5e Ruleset.

Hi Serg,

I've spoken with SW now.

As part of 1.1.4 I'll make available the 'strings' used. These are needed for the conversion from English to Russian. If I find the time, I'll create the basic extension, someone will then need to do the conversion.

Cheers,
MBM

LordNanoc
July 3rd, 2020, 19:43
Just a thought: until we have vehicle combat ready, could we get an NPC to use in the combat tracker?

I am currently using "robot" as a placeholder, hull=hits, armour=armour, so I can use this as target for my players. It's a provisory thing atm. but I can't think of a better workaround that keeps the data in the system and don't force me to divert to paper.

Thoughts?

esmdev
July 3rd, 2020, 20:08
Just a thought: until we have vehicle combat ready, could we get an NPC to use in the combat tracker?

I am currently using "robot" as a placeholder, hull=hits, armour=armour, so I can use this as target for my players. It's a provisory thing atm. but I can't think of a better workaround that keeps the data in the system and don't force me to divert to paper.

Thoughts?

We gave up on Pirates of Drinax because so much of it revolves around ships, so I sadly got nothing. Although a NPC would probably be a decent temp solution.

MadBeardMan
July 4th, 2020, 17:16
We gave up on Pirates of Drinax because so much of it revolves around ships, so I sadly got nothing. Although a NPC would probably be a decent temp solution.

Yea, PoD requires a ship based CT, that's going to be made available in the week coming, a 1st version/draft, just the very basics.

Cheers,
MBM

CJR
July 5th, 2020, 06:30
Superb! We just used notes to record hull points and managed fine, being running PoD on here since March. Ironically know we can meet again however my players feel Traveller runs better on your MT2 interface than it did round the table,and so we will continue to play online. :) Is High Guard next?

MadBeardMan
July 5th, 2020, 13:27
Superb! We just used notes to record hull points and managed fine, being running PoD on here since March. Ironically know we can meet again however my players feel Traveller runs better on your MT2 interface than it did round the table,and so we will continue to play online. :) Is High Guard next?

I use a mix of FG with my tabletop games (when I could!), it just takes some of the paperwork off me.

High Guard is with LordNanoc now, he's going through the very boring process of checking all the text looks and reads well, plus the ship details and data are correct. When it gets released I want a Ship based CT and like I've done for Central Supply, regular ruleset updates will add more and more automation.

Cheers,
MBM

LordNanoc
July 7th, 2020, 23:08
Nope, still haven't got it in my library

rcruk
July 15th, 2020, 01:09
Sorry wrong place can’t find delete.

MxWolfie192
July 27th, 2020, 02:12
Hey MadBeard, I'm not sure if this has been recommended already, but would it be possible to include a "MISC" area in the skills, weapons, etc. fields to add in misc modifiers. For example, having a laser sight grants a DM+1, and would be nice to be able to include all the time without having to remember to hit the +1 for each roll with that weapon. Same with various skills when using a Wafer Jack for example.

MadBeardMan
July 27th, 2020, 13:14
Hey MadBeard, I'm not sure if this has been recommended already, but would it be possible to include a "MISC" area in the skills, weapons, etc. fields to add in misc modifiers. For example, having a laser sight grants a DM+1, and would be nice to be able to include all the time without having to remember to hit the +1 for each roll with that weapon. Same with various skills when using a Wafer Jack for example.

Hi MxWolfie192,

Thanks for your suggestions. I'm not a fan of adding more fields to things like Weapon attacks due to the amount of data already there, but it's a good suggestion and defo something for skills.

I was thinking for weapons, like the traits, allow weapons to be modified by the various options.

Let me think and I'll come up with something.

Keep these ideas coming!

Cheers,
MBM

LordNanoc
July 29th, 2020, 19:16
Just an idea that came to me testing the conversion of highguard: can we have a "fleet battle creator" or something like this, where you have a fleet form, where you just drag and drop ships on. The form calculates the fleet numbers and can be put in a ships CT an a battlemap ...
Just doodling thoughts here...

backwardoracle
July 31st, 2020, 14:42
Well that will come in real handy for Drinax,

MadBeardMan
July 31st, 2020, 15:06
Just an idea that came to me testing the conversion of highguard: can we have a "fleet battle creator" or something like this, where you have a fleet form, where you just drag and drop ships on. The form calculates the fleet numbers and can be put in a ships CT an a battlemap ...
Just doodling thoughts here...

Well that will come in real handy for Drinax,

So basically like the Fleet Combat Roster in HG (Page 87), as for that I was thinking of something along those lines later, but can be done quickly.

Cheers,
MBM

pablomaz
August 4th, 2020, 00:48
Folks,

This is my current to do list, it includes general work and specific work. I'll edit this post as more needs are added, or completed or removed.

Official Books, Adventures, Campaigns and Box sets

Referee's Briefing 6 - Garden Worlds (Started)
Reach Adventure 7 - The Last Train Out of Rakken-Goll
Pirates of Drinax Box set (Started, Book 1: 20%, Book 2: 25%, Book 3: 0%)
Drinaxian Companion
Book 5 - Traveller Companion (Started, 90% text conversion done, 0% data)
Book 4 - Vehicle Handbook
Great Rift Box set
Element Class Cruisers Box Set
JTAS - books will be released one at a time
Starter Set
Deepnight Endeavour

Please note that list is always subject to change, depending on player need, Mongoose needs and my own. For example, I've already started on Pirates of Drinax as I'm running it, but the Ships/Ship Combat stuff is in High Guard which won't be available for a while (it's a lot of work).

Ruleset Features

Add Robots to the Core Rulebook/Central Supply Catalogue
Characteristics - When these are changed, look through the skill list and update any skills using that Characteristic
Characteristics - Add support for Traveller Companion additional characteristics
Hit Location and Damage Mods - Add the Hit Location tables from Traveller Companion
Races have linked Traits (right now just text) that drop into the Racial Traits section, either manually or auto-fill when you drop your race selection onto your sheet
Racial Traits modify Skills or drop weapons as appropriate when applied

If you can think of something then please comment.

Completed official works available for purchase

Book 1 - Core rulebook
Book 2 - Central Supply Catalogue
Reach Adventure 1 - Marooned on Marduk
Reach Adventure 2 - Theories of Everything
Reach Adventure 3 - The Calixcuel Incident
Reach Adventure 4 - Last Flight of the Amuar
Reach Adventure 5 - The Borderland Run
Reach Adventure 6 - Exodus (waiting to go Live)
Marches Adventure 1 - High and Dry
Marches Adventure 2 - Mission to Mithril (waiting to go Live)
Spinward Marches 1 - The Bowman Arm
Spinward Marches 2 - The Lunion Shield Words
Referee's Briefing 1 - Corporations and Companies
Referee's Briefing 2 - Anomalies and Wonders
Referee's Briefing 3 - Going Portside
Referee's Briefing 4 - Mercenary Forces

Completed official works in/awaiting Testing

Book 3 - High Guard
Referee's Briefing 5 - Incidents and Encounters
Behind the Claw

Cheers,
MBM

Hey, MadBeardMan! Only the core rulebook is available on Steam ATM or am I missing something?:confused:

esmdev
August 4th, 2020, 01:26
https://store.steampowered.com/search/?term=mgt2

https://store.steampowered.com/search/?term=referee%27s+briefing

I'm sure that's not all of them, but that is a bunch of them. You have to look by title.

MadBeardMan
August 4th, 2020, 13:02
https://store.steampowered.com/search/?term=mgt2

https://store.steampowered.com/search/?term=referee%27s+briefing

I'm sure that's not all of them, but that is a bunch of them. You have to look by title.

Yea everything released on FG is also on Steam. Just seems they've not tagged them all the same. So check by title and feedback to FG about it.

Cheers,
MBM

ScottUlmer
August 10th, 2020, 04:32
Can you look into fixing the player sheets? I can't resize them and they are cut off (expand on y, but not x). Also there are no ship shares slots and a bunch of other things that I think are needed (I have not played Traveller, but bought it to try it and found it super wanting). Additionally if you could have a character creator like the new 5e one that would be awesome. The closer you can get to https://rpgsuite.com/ the better, that tool is great. Also I usually work with small font (smaller than other people), but the button text on these is a bit rough. You have dead-space bettween the buttons and the Traveller logo on the bottom right so I suggest that you make the buttons bigger. There is so much dead-space and the font could at least be made bold.

MadBeardMan
August 10th, 2020, 09:58
Can you look into fixing the player sheets? I can't resize them and they are cut off (expand on y, but not x). Also there are no ship shares slots and a bunch of other things that I think are needed (I have not played Traveller, but bought it to try it and found it super wanting). Additionally if you could have a character creator like the new 5e one that would be awesome. The closer you can get to https://rpgsuite.com/ the better, that tool is great. Also I usually work with small font (smaller than other people), but the button text on these is a bit rough. You have dead-space bettween the buttons and the Traveller logo on the bottom right so I suggest that you make the buttons bigger. There is so much dead-space and the font could at least be made bold.

Good Morning!,

Thanks for your post.

First thing, the Character Sheet. You say it needs 'fixing', I can look at doing something with 'x' but need more details please. Screen-shots would be ace.
Next up, the 5E Character Wizard. It's still in beta and DnD is far simpler than Traveller, so I was thinking of getting used to the Wizard with Spacecraft first. But it will come to Characters but that's a way off.
RPGSuite. What is it you mean by getting 'closer' to that tool?
Dead space between buttons and the Traveller logo. There is no dead-space, in-fact the buttons overlay the Traveller logo which I've recently made smaller and moved a bit more to the right. What screen resolution do you have, because we have to take account into every user, not just those with larger screens.

The last question, are you on FGC or FGU?

Cheers,
MBM

ScottUlmer
August 10th, 2020, 14:13
I attached two pictures, one of full screen, one of half. Honestly I tend to play the most in 1/2 as we will have discord or other up, but having one work would be super nice.

A:Here you can see just how small the font is. I use standard normal size font on my monitor even though it is higher resolution (meaning smaller than most people have font), but the font on your buttons is tiny and thin. Compare Your font tot the taskbar or even the clock. And inside the buttons there is lots of dead-space.

B: With so much space between the buttons and the logo you can make the buttons bigger, even at the 1/2 screen resolution (which is actually the one I play the most).

C: I am unable to make the character sheet wider, but as you can tell, I made it longer. The arrows show up but it does not resize.

And yep I get D&D is easier, actually one of the reasons I want Traveller to have it. But I get you will go with either easier, or most used and D&D beats Traveller in both metrics.

That tool is actually my ideal way to build... but it is like your D&D wizard but much better. It is more "video game", I get you have nothing like it and it would be a ton of work, so the character wizard you are working on would for sure be enough. However, for you personally, I think you should check it out, it is pretty cool.

My resolution is 3440x1440, but I normally play with it being about 1720 give or take.

Let me know if you have ant questions. Thank you!

MadBeardMan
August 10th, 2020, 17:35
I attached two pictures, one of full screen, one of half. Honestly I tend to play the most in 1/2 as we will have discord or other up, but having one work would be super nice.

A:Here you can see just how small the font is. I use standard normal size font on my monitor even though it is higher resolution (meaning smaller than most people have font), but the font on your buttons is tiny and thin. Compare Your font tot the taskbar or even the clock. And inside the buttons there is lots of dead-space.

B: With so much space between the buttons and the logo you can make the buttons bigger, even at the 1/2 screen resolution (which is actually the one I play the most).

C: I am unable to make the character sheet wider, but as you can tell, I made it longer. The arrows show up but it does not resize.

And yep I get D&D is easier, actually one of the reasons I want Traveller to have it. But I get you will go with either easier, or most used and D&D beats Traveller in both metrics.

That tool is actually my ideal way to build... but it is like your D&D wizard but much better. It is more "video game", I get you have nothing like it and it would be a ton of work, so the character wizard you are working on would for sure be enough. However, for you personally, I think you should check it out, it is pretty cool.

My resolution is 3440x1440, but I normally play with it being about 1720 give or take.

Let me know if you have ant questions. Thank you!

Hi Chap,

Thanks for the reply.

First, you need to be aware that regardless of screen size/resolution, buttons do not scale, so the bigger your screen/resolution, the smaller they'll appear. Now compare that on a screen of 1280x760 and you'll find that there's no space between the buttons and the right hand side (when the Dice Tower is shown).

Characters sheet, there are reasons you can't make it go wider at the moment. If you've followed the releases of 2nd edition I've been updating the character sheet, some near future update (for the Traveller Companion) will see an updated character sheet that will go wide/thin/short/tall and have mini options.

I've watched the progress that Hollis has been making and it's cool, but it's still Beta. It's unwise to take a beta product and modify it, so I plan to wait until it's no-longer beta and then I'll look into it. Though I think most players here would prefer Spacecraft Combat over character creation, so that's my focus.

Finally, nice resolution, I use 3840x1440 for main development and play 2/3's screen when I run/play DnD/MGT2E/RQ on FG.

So in closing, I'll speak with FG about scaling buttons, but as DnD5E doesn't do it, I can't see that I can do it, but I have another idea....

Cheers,
MBM

adzling
August 10th, 2020, 17:57
yeah i for one would prefer space combat over chargen.

(we used RPGsuite for chargen)

ScottUlmer
August 10th, 2020, 18:04
Yeah thanks I originally was planning to do /uiscale 125 but that made the text in the character sheet even more cut off. Thanks for following up and let me know if there is something else you need from me :)

esmdev
August 10th, 2020, 18:15
yeah i for one would prefer space combat over chargen.

(we used RPGsuite for chargen)

When we are playing unaltered MGT2 we have just used the tables provided in the ruleset to create characters, it is pretty functional and everyone online round robins each term. It makes for social character generation and gives them an opportunity to collaborate their connections and such. It's not perfect or automated but my players feel that it is a more interactive session 0 experience than just copying stuff into the character sheet. The only thing you need to remember is to enter modifiers into the modifier box in the bottom left because the table won't let players use the modifier in tables.

Sylvesr
August 12th, 2020, 04:00
Hi Chap,

Though I think most players here would prefer Spacecraft Combat over character creation, so that's my focus.

MBM

Yes YES please. Do front load spacecraft combat. Traveller without it isn't Traveller...

bsycamore
August 12th, 2020, 10:39
Is it possible to have comma seperators in numbers?, 100,000 instead of 100000?

adzling
August 12th, 2020, 15:47

good call Bsycamore!

MadBeardMan
August 12th, 2020, 15:53
Yes YES please. Do front load spacecraft combat. Traveller without it isn't Traveller...

Oddly I do my Space CT outside of FG, there are so many things that are just easier on paper atm. But the plan is to make the CT inside FG work just as well, if not, better.

Huzzah!

MadBeardMan
August 12th, 2020, 15:54

Not if it's a number field, I don't store much as numbers so try it.

For example, Cash on hand is a string.

Cheers,
MBM

bsycamore
August 12th, 2020, 22:15
Yeah I can add manually .

LordNanoc
August 18th, 2020, 12:23
Hey MBM, you could add "Reach Adventure 7 - Last Train out of Rakken Goll" to your "Completed official works available for purchase" list on the first page (waiting to go live ofc)

:)

Cool list to show.

Elvedui
August 20th, 2020, 15:19
Any idea when the Books in testing will go live?

MadBeardMan
August 20th, 2020, 15:54
Any idea when the Books in testing will go live?

Mithril - no idea, can't get an update from SmiteWorks.
Reach 6 - no idea, can't get an update from SmiteWorks.
High Guard will soon be back with LordNanoc for confirmation that the issues he found have been fixed.
Behind the Claw will probably go through testing with High Guard is signed off.

Cheers,
MBM

Dalton Calford
August 20th, 2020, 16:05
Looking forward to HighGuard - I hope there are assets such as space ship counters and space backgrounds that we can purchase to go with the release of the book.
It would also be wonderful if we can expand or enhance the behind the claw material for our own games.

MadBeardMan
August 20th, 2020, 16:13
Looking forward to HighGuard - I hope there are assets such as space ship counters and space backgrounds that we can purchase to go with the release of the book.
It would also be wonderful if we can expand or enhance the behind the claw material for our own games.

Hi,

High Guard includes tokens for every ship, plus all images and all isometric floorplans. We can only include official artwork.

It doesn't include space backgrounds, but Jon Brazer Enterprises provide a good number in another pack.

For BtC, I'm looking at allowing you to edit the Reference System Data if that's what you're after.

Cheers,
MBM

Dalton Calford
August 20th, 2020, 16:58
Hi MBM,
The High Guard news is great - especially if we can easily link our own pictures and floorplans to the data.

In reference to BTC, there are two elements that I would like to suggest,
(1) a combination of the homeworld and planetary details so that we have one source/reference for both. We have many systems defined via the already published adventures, but, none of them show up on the homeworld list or mechanics for character creation.

and

(2) In many Traveller products there are details that are far beyond a small text blurb that expands what the UWP says. Going from Cultural differences, Historical Events, Major Characters, Historical material - depending upon the world, you could have 50+ A4 pages of material that is all from one published traveller adventure or another. In addition, automatic text generators are available that gives a detailed description of what the characters encounter the moment they open the airlock door. From a mechanical standpoint, having a section on the world data that can hold multiple links to specific notes for the world, would allow for the players/referee to expand the material as they wish without needing to do it for every world and also allowing them to use their own format as desired. It would be great if the notes supported html and or rtf so that they can be formated would be ideal.

Best regards
Dalton

esmdev
August 20th, 2020, 17:49
From a mechanical standpoint, having a section on the world data that can hold multiple links to specific notes for the world, would allow for the players/referee to expand the material as they wish without needing to do it for every world and also allowing them to use their own format as desired. It would be great if the notes supported html and or rtf so that they can be formated would be ideal.

You can already drag note entries into the notes tab in system to accomplish some of this. Unfortunately, adding HTM or RTF support is beyond the ability of a ruleset designer and would need to be implemented in Fantasy Grounds itself. There is a wishlist for FG development that can be found at https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/ that can be used to add your suggestion. I would totally +1 it. :)

MadBeardMan
August 20th, 2020, 20:50
HI Dalton,

Regarding the collection of data for a system.

As again, BtC is an official book, it can only include the material in that book.

I know for example, it contains a small section on Marduk, a system that is explained in much greater detail in other official products.

You can if you wished, drag a system/world and make a local copy. Edit that to include whatever content you want, and use that in your games. You could even export your systems/worlds as a module to include in all your games.

Cheers,
MBM

Serg Barbeau
September 1st, 2020, 15:34
Hi Serg,

I've spoken with SW now.

As part of 1.1.4 I'll make available the 'strings' used. These are needed for the conversion from English to Russian. If I find the time, I'll create the basic extension, someone will then need to do the conversion.

Cheers,
MBM

Hi, MBM
Winter is comming..
FGU 5e whithout extentions
FGU MGT2

Dalton Calford
September 1st, 2020, 15:57
HI Dalton,
You can if you wished, drag a system/world and make a local copy. Edit that to include whatever content you want, and use that in your games. You could even export your systems/worlds as a module to include in all your games.
Cheers,
MBM

Is there a way to expand the fields/tabs for the existing world definition?
For example, Having multiple notes tabs that we could perhaps name?
Or more attributes such as stellar data, economic data etc?

MadBeardMan
September 1st, 2020, 17:01
Hi, MBM
Winter is comming..
FGU 5e whithout extentions
FGU MGT2

Try again then when 1.1.4 is available (it's in TEST now) as I've changed out the fonts.... where possible.

Cheers,
MBM

MadBeardMan
September 1st, 2020, 17:03
Is there a way to expand the fields/tabs for the existing world definition?
For example, Having multiple notes tabs that we could perhaps name?
Or more attributes such as stellar data, economic data etc?

Hi Dalton,

That would require ruleset work, what you want ideally is an extension to do this. I've added a system field in 1.1.4, though I may look at adding more if they're constant throughout the Mongoose books.

Cheers,
MBM

Dalton Calford
September 1st, 2020, 17:35
Hi Dalton,

That would require ruleset work, what you want ideally is an extension to do this. I've added a system field in 1.1.4, though I may look at adding more if they're constant throughout the Mongoose books.

Cheers,
MBM

Unfortunately, the Mongoose team does not cover all the details that are available.

As I am just at the beginning of this journey of learning Fantasy grounds (now that it has a native linux client), is there any documentation you can point me to in regards to extensions?

I would love to combine the homeworld skill list, background notes (player and referee), economic and importance extensions etc. All of this information is available and I can extract it from various wikis/travellermap but sadly, there is no place to put the information.

Serg Barbeau
September 17th, 2020, 13:12
Try again then when 1.1.4 is available (it's in TEST now) as I've changed out the fonts.... where possible.

Cheers,
MBM
Hi, MBM
The greatest thank you from the entire Russian-speaking community. Cyrillic fonts work in 1.1.4

chew827
September 18th, 2020, 01:41
Hi MBM,

I saw you mention that you had all of the images and isometric maps from the book but you couldn't add any unofficial maps. Mongoose does have 2D deck plans for a lot of the ships available as a download - is there any chance they could be added in?

https://www.mongoosepublishing.com/us/us/downloads.htm

Thanks!

MadBeardMan
September 18th, 2020, 10:36
Hi, MBM
The greatest thank you from the entire Russian-speaking community. Cyrillic fonts work in 1.1.4

That's excellent news!

Thanks for letting me know.

Cheers,
MBM

MadBeardMan
September 18th, 2020, 10:37
Hi MBM,

I saw you mention that you had all of the images and isometric maps from the book but you couldn't add any unofficial maps. Mongoose does have 2D deck plans for a lot of the ships available as a download - is there any chance they could be added in?

https://www.mongoosepublishing.com/us/us/downloads.htm

Thanks!

Hi, yea, I'll add them into the High Guard release. Matt has given approval but will be a separate module.

Cheers,
MBM

Tytalan
October 10th, 2020, 06:30
Is Traveller 2300 going to be done? And if so what’s the time frame?

esmdev
October 10th, 2020, 07:12
Is Traveller 2300 going to be done? And if so what’s the time frame?

Mongoose doesn't really have anything to provide before it goes to PDF so once it is released development will start as soon as MadBeardMan has an open slot. Since he's been itching to get going on it 2300 will probably jump the list to the front.

MadBeardMan
October 10th, 2020, 13:32
Last news I heard was that it's likely to be released March in 2021. I've not received any pre-release info, no details nothing and as Mongoose is a very small company as soon as a PDF is finished, it's ready for sale. As Esmdev stated, I want 2300AD more than any other ruleset and will drop everything to get on it.

Looking back at the 1E edition, it seems to me, to be book content, but ruleset wise nothing really different, so I assume 2E will be the same, and a rulebook text doesn't take long, though bottleneck at the moment is SmiteWorks (and Steam I think), hope that's resolved ny the new year.

Cheers,
MBM

Boldtaar
November 8th, 2020, 13:43
Something that I think is missing and will be even more urgent when ship combas is included is the absence of included ship tokens

Or is there a easy and quick way create ship tokens using the ship image in core rule book module?

MadBeardMan
November 8th, 2020, 15:47
Something that I think is missing and will be even more urgent when ship combas is included is the absence of included ship tokens

Or is there a easy and quick way create ship tokens using the ship image in core rule book module?

Hi Boldtaar,

Ship Tokens are already included for the Core Rulebook. In FGC they're under the Tokens -> MGT2 Core Rulebook.

All content with Ships will have official tokens. To generate your own, drop the images into the Tokens folder and then drag them to the various ships.

Cheers,
MBM

Boldtaar
November 8th, 2020, 17:30
My bad
I only saw the number-tokens on the first tab.

Boldtaar
November 22nd, 2020, 11:53
A few suggestions:

1. More tool tips pop ups in Fantasy Ground over all. Example: Effect, Modifiers, paint tools e.t.c

2. Bigger portraits or option to click on portrait to open up a bigger version for better view.

3. Player to player sharing PC info option.
Suggestion: When a player right click on a other players PC portrait they can access a redacted PC sheet with information that other player has chosen to be public.

4. Organize rulebooks images and token into folders. Example: ships and vehicles in separate folders.

5. Create Traveller tools inside FG:
Transit Time calculator
Roll all cargo, trade gods, mail and passenger depending on destination
UWP Decoder

MadBeardMan
November 23rd, 2020, 16:33
A few suggestions:

1. More tool tips pop ups in Fantasy Ground over all. Example: Effect, Modifiers, paint tools e.t.c

2. Bigger portraits or option to click on portrait to open up a bigger version for better view.

3. Player to player sharing PC info option.
Suggestion: When a player right click on a other players PC portrait they can access a redacted PC sheet with information that other player has chosen to be public.

4. Organize rulebooks images and token into folders. Example: ships and vehicles in separate folders.

5. Create Traveller tools inside FG:
Transit Time calculator
Roll all cargo, trade gods, mail and passenger depending on destination
UWP Decoder

Hi,

1. I'll add more tooltip when I see the need for them.

2. & 3. I'll speak to SW about these.

4. Good idea, nothing to do with the Traveller ruleset, this is base FGC/FGU - ask for it to be added in those forums, I really welcome this.

5. There are plans for Cargo tools, these will be added once the ruleset supports the books or I find the time to do them sooner.

The UWP Decoder, that's already supported in the System sheet.

Cheers,
MBM

Dalton Calford
November 24th, 2020, 15:51
Hey MadBeardMan,

Is there any way to stop duplicates from appearing in lists?
For example, I have the CSC and Core Rules loaded and I get duplicate entries for equipment etc.
Mongoose has a bad habit of having the same information in multiple sources, for example Bwaps are in both JTAS and the Companion. The Behind the claw material duplicates what is already in the adventures etc.
It would be great if there was a way of getting only one entry showing up.
Perhaps either separating out the various elements (npc's, worlds, equipment etc) into separate modules so they can be individually loaded or barring that, is there a way of buying an all in one module or subscription that contains everything in two sources - one for the player that can be shared, and one for the referee that does not duplicate anything in the players material but points to it and is not meant to be shared with players.

I am willing to pay a subscription or repurchase the material to make the game simpler for myself and my players.

MadBeardMan
November 24th, 2020, 15:59
Hey MadBeardMan,

Is there any way to stop duplicates from appearing in lists?
For example, I have the CSC and Core Rules loaded and I get duplicate entries for equipment etc.
Mongoose has a bad habit of having the same information in multiple sources, for example Bwaps are in both JTAS and the Companion. The Behind the claw material duplicates what is already in the adventures etc.
It would be great if there was a way of getting only one entry showing up.
Perhaps either separating out the various elements (npc's, worlds, equipment etc) into separate modules so they can be individually loaded or barring that, is there a way of buying an all in one module or subscription that contains everything in two sources - one for the player that can be shared, and one for the referee that does not duplicate anything in the players material but points to it and is not meant to be shared with players.

I am willing to pay a subscription or repurchase the material to make the game simpler for myself and my players.

Hi Dalton,

I'm with you on this.

The only way is to limit those to a particular module is via the Group dropdown at the top of most windows.

Splitting it out into all the various modules would be a lot of work and a bit of a nightmare supporting it and there's only so much time I can give. I'd advise that you carefully load as few modules as you can. It does work the other way, that players may need to remember to load multiple modules rather than 1 or 2.

But let me think on this, you've had some great suggestions and I don't want to say no to anything if it makes playing the game easier. I'll speak with SW and see what suggestions they have.

Now one other caveat. I've also noticed with some duplicated items that they differ slightly. As if the recent iteration has been updated,

Cheers,
MBM

Dalton Calford
November 24th, 2020, 16:34
Hi Dalton,
But let me think on this, you've had some great suggestions and I don't want to say no to anything if it makes playing the game easier. I'll speak with SW and see what suggestions they have.

Now one other caveat. I've also noticed with some duplicated items that they differ slightly. As if the recent iteration has been updated,

Cheers,
MBM
Thanks MBM,

I always hate asking for more from you as I know how much work/effort goes into getting these things done.

I also noted that you are not providing the 2d deckplans that are available as free/separate download from Mongoose for all the various books. Maybe I missed it.
I have converted most of them to SVG already for updating/using them in my own games.

Where you already working on converting these? Did you want to include them as part of your standard packages?

I was going to provide them as a free module, but, I am not sure what the legal status is, since they where originally pdfs from mongoose and FFE, but, I have converted them and redid alot of the artwork.
It would be nice to get official support so that the community can benefit from having the maps.
Part of the wanting to share is that I am still learning the FGU map effect editor so getting help doing the line of sight/lighting etc setup would be appreciated.

What are your thoughts?

esmdev
November 24th, 2020, 20:42
One way to remove duplicates is to go to the book in library and check out the items in the right bottom window next to the book selection. So if you just click Central Supply Catalog and then the associated items you don't get the others.

Dalton Calford
November 24th, 2020, 20:53
One way to remove duplicates is to go to the book in library and check out the items in the right bottom window next to the book selection. So if you just click Central Supply Catalog and then the associated items you don't get the others.

Thanks I will have to try that.

Dalton Calford
November 25th, 2020, 14:47

There is no option that I can see to select or check any options in the library - the module is loaded or not and if it is loaded, everything within it is available and shows up in the various selection lists such as items/spacecraft/images etc.

It's an all or nothing system with FGU 4.0.2 with Traver 1.1.5

esmdev
November 25th, 2020, 19:57
There is no option that I can see to select or check any options in the library - the module is loaded or not and if it is loaded, everything within it is available and shows up in the various selection lists such as items/spacecraft/images etc.

It's an all or nothing system with FGU 4.0.2 with Traver 1.1.5

Click library from FGU desktop. In the left window find Central Supply Catalog. Click it. In the right window should be an item selection. Click that. It should display only items from CSC.

Dalton Calford
November 25th, 2020, 20:06
Click library from FGU desktop. In the left window find Central Supply Catalog. Click it. In the right window should be an item selection. Click that. It should display only items from CSC.
Yes, but, then you are ONLY seeing the CSC.
I would like to see, for example, only one entry for each item, but be able to see all the various modules.
As an example, IF I have the bowman arm open and an adventure that takes place in the bowman arm, I don't want the world descriptions occuring twice when shaing the information to the players.
The all of nothing way that the information is presented is not condusive to giving the players information from multiple modules in a library data style when that data is spread across multiple modules.
If we could specify what elements of a module where to be loaded, that would solve the problem, but, currently, that is not an option.
The other options are as MBM and I discussed - a reworking of the infomation into multiple sub-modules or a large master module/subscription.

esmdev
November 26th, 2020, 11:39
Yes, but, then you are ONLY seeing the CSC.
I would like to see, for example, only one entry for each item, but be able to see all the various modules.
As an example, IF I have the bowman arm open and an adventure that takes place in the bowman arm, I don't want the world descriptions occuring twice when shaing the information to the players.
The all of nothing way that the information is presented is not condusive to giving the players information from multiple modules in a library data style when that data is spread across multiple modules.
If we could specify what elements of a module where to be loaded, that would solve the problem, but, currently, that is not an option.
The other options are as MBM and I discussed - a reworking of the infomation into multiple sub-modules or a large master module/subscription.

The problem is not with the MGT2 ruleset or the modules, it is with the way that Fantasy Grounds is designed.

Your preaching to the choir, I had a long conversation about this some years ago and was told that is how it is by the powers that be.

It would be nice if MBM could come up with a method to handle that without creating more problems. The current problem is that if you own the core rules but not CSC then you need to have the core rules equipment, but if you add CSC then you need to have that. Then say you buy Reach Adventure 1, it is likely any equipment in that points to data links from the core rules as it predates CSC. So the module would break I'd you filter out core rules gear if someone has CSC, plus any characters created prior to CSC would need to be manually updated. It goes on and gets more as you add things like Bowman Arm, etc.

MGT2 is pretty mellow in this regard compared to a system like 5E where every time you add a new book it creates another instance of the classes, races, equipment, etc., it is annoying to have to ask players which class from which book they are using.

It is annoying to see multiple inventory items, but I can see the logic in just using the pull down to filter data, instead of MBM spending precious development time trying to solve the problem and update every released module at the moment he is switching to space combat and High Guard support. Of course sometimes he pulls rabbits out of hats and we all go ooOoOoo, so we might get lucky. :)

Dalton Calford
December 2nd, 2020, 18:59
What does (waiting on SW testing) mean in the status?
Is there anyway we can assist with this?
Even a pre-buy beta status allowing us to find/fix issues before it goes gold?

I am very anxious to use the new material from Behind the Claw

MadBeardMan
December 3rd, 2020, 01:09
What does (waiting on SW testing) mean in the status?
Is there anyway we can assist with this?
Even a pre-buy beta status allowing us to find/fix issues before it goes gold?

I am very anxious to use the new material from Behind the Claw

SW = SmiteWorks testing

Only official testers (LordNanoc atm) get to see the module early.

BtC is excellent, there's a lot more Traveller material coming as over Xmas I get bored and work on stuff.

Traveller Companion is complete text wise, so going to ask the community if they want to see it soon, even though the near future is all about High Guard.

Cheers,
MBM

Dalton Calford
December 3rd, 2020, 01:23
I would love to just have access to the extra attributes and prior experience packages. The entire companion including the alternative experience system is wonderful, but, even limited support would be great.
If the prior experience packages and supported attributes were able to be user defined, even better.
Thanks!

MadBeardMan
December 3rd, 2020, 01:29
I would love to just have access to the extra attributes and prior experience packages. The entire companion including the alternative experience system is wonderful, but, even limited support would be great.
If the prior experience packages and supported attributes were able to be user defined, even better.
Thanks!

Well I've started work on adding extra attributes, Territory is required for Pirates, and so for Companion an updated PC sheet is required, I have a nice design in mind that will make things a bit simpler for all players, new and old.

There's already a basic skill learning setup already in the ruleset, there's an option to turn it on, basic tracking. But yes the Companion experience is good, and I want to add that.

Anyway, as usual thanks for your feedback and suggestions, plus on my Twitter I posted a picture of the Task Chains tool, it's low priority atm but doing it during my lunch times stuck at home.

Cheers,
MBM

Dalton Calford
December 3rd, 2020, 02:04
Can you change "race" to "species" or "sophant" on the character sheet.

Also, a spot for height, weight, complexion/pigmentation, date of birth, siblings, birth order etc., would all be wonderful and are supported by various versions of traveller.

Extra details are easy to create and although they have minor game effect, they have a great deal of story impact.

A place for ship shares, military rewards such as ribbons etc.,

Just a few ideas

Doomhippy
December 3rd, 2020, 14:00
hey so ive gone on to Traveller today is it me or has the ship tracker been released mad beard man i sent you a pm as well dude cheers thx for the work man

MadBeardMan
December 3rd, 2020, 14:29
hey so ive gone on to Traveller today is it me or has the ship tracker been released mad beard man i sent you a pm as well dude cheers thx for the work man

Hi,

The basic Ship Tracker is in 1.1.6.

I get a 'lot' of PM's so I only check them every now and again. Anything for Traveller can be asked on this forum.

Enjoy,
MBM

Doomhippy
December 3rd, 2020, 14:59
cool man if you need any help with data input etc let me know :-)
Ive set up a new ttrpg site aimed at traveller and rpgs
you will find a traveller audio book one of my players put up based on there adventures

smiteworks have ok us was not easy :-) so have dungeon master guild

webpage is //boardgamer.games/
plz check it out
thx doomhippy

Doomhippy
December 3rd, 2020, 15:13
all so ive just noticed weer missing the ship that were there only got 2 from core book went to look at my set up for next game and ships are gone ??? ??
update no stats on any ships cant pull up scout ships ststs for high and dry gone my little fighter ships gone lol so all the ships are gone but far trader is this just update isue XD

bozo666999
December 4th, 2020, 19:11
Had a question about the picture, why are the adventures not grouped?

MadBeardMan
December 4th, 2020, 19:14

Hi,

Looks like they've been exported incorrectly, I'll get that sorted so they all appear under the same header.

Cheers,
MBM

Boldtaar
December 4th, 2020, 19:15
edit nevermind

bozo666999
December 4th, 2020, 19:18
Thanks! planning to run it somewhere in 2021 so no hurry ;) just trying some stuff out. this is the tread for post like this or do i need to find an other?

MadBeardMan
December 4th, 2020, 19:32
Thanks! planning to run it somewhere in 2021 so no hurry ;) just trying some stuff out. this is the tread for post like this or do i need to find an other?

It's ok, this weekend I'm updating all the adventures that I've exported to make sure there are no FG odd characters. I didn't convert Reach 6/7 but I can re-export it and fix those niggles.

Cheers,
MBM

Doomhippy
December 5th, 2020, 13:55
hey dude am i write in thinking tuesday for ships to be back on update ???

thx
Doom

MadBeardMan
December 5th, 2020, 13:57
hey dude am i write in thinking tuesday for ships to be back on update ???

thx
Doom

Afternoon Doom (that sounds like a book title),

Yep, they were sent yesterday making the cut off for Tuesday.

Cheers,
MBM

Doomhippy
December 5th, 2020, 14:08
thx you for quick reply dude

time to prep some old school space combat then for Sundays game :-)

thx
Doom

MadBeardMan
December 5th, 2020, 14:21
thx you for quick reply dude

time to prep some old school space combat then for Sundays game :-)

thx
Doom

Hi Doom,

Nice.

Just be aware it's very basic, though for my game, the attacks/damage all seem to work (Scout-Courier vs Free Trader) so nothing too heavy!

Cheers,
MBM

LordNanoc
December 7th, 2020, 14:41

Hiya. Thx for posting this.
I am the culprit probably. Seems something happened on Export. Who the heck is Christopher? :-D

However, I am fighting some Win10 related problems on my laptop atm. Will look into it as soon as I got my sh*t together PC wise.
The Reach 7 icon looks strange, too.

One more plead: if you find adventure module bugs, plz open a new thread. Easier to find for the converting guy

Tia
Nanoc

ps: Reach 7 - there was a blank too much in the export (MGT 2 instead of MGT2). The thumbnail had RGB 0,0,0 on transparent, that included other black areas, hence the strange look. I exported it again and will upload it to smiteworks again shortly.
Maybe I can look up the strange grouping in Reach 6 as well today, if not, then tomorrow.

MrWigggles
December 11th, 2020, 16:50
I dont know if this is an engine limitation.
But it would be super keen, if you can have sub entries for Inventory Items.
Such as Weapon Attachments, or Add On for Misc. Equipment. Like Self Assembling for Tents. Or the various items for Vacc Suits.
Bonus points if the game was smart enough to know these items are grouped together, so you can drop them in the party sheet loot and give them to players.

MadBeardMan
December 12th, 2020, 13:04
I dont know if this is an engine limitation.
But it would be super keen, if you can have sub entries for Inventory Items.
Such as Weapon Attachments, or Add On for Misc. Equipment. Like Self Assembling for Tents. Or the various items for Vacc Suits.
Bonus points if the game was smart enough to know these items are grouped together, so you can drop them in the party sheet loot and give them to players.

Hi MrWigggles, this is something I've been trying to think about how to do. In Traveller any item can have 'options' so I welcome any suggestions. I am working on something though, and if that works (ammo clip counters) then it opens things up.

Thanks,
MBM

Battle Bureaucrat
December 14th, 2020, 11:09
Haven't found any suggestion thread, so I thought I'd share some thoughts over here. The new framework for Space combat is great, I got the hold of it quite quickly. However, would it be possible to create PC's ship/ships, much like PC and party screen sections, we could use a separate tab for ships used by the crew where heir states could be stored, along with received damage, carried cargo, etc. Something easy to just drag from that tab to combat tracker. Currently I have the party's ship in Spacecraft menu, as a new entry in a new group, where I copied all the Far Trader stats and customized it... but it is inconvenient going through all those windows.

MadBeardMan
December 15th, 2020, 14:21
Haven't found any suggestion thread, so I thought I'd share some thoughts over here. The new framework for Space combat is great, I got the hold of it quite quickly. However, would it be possible to create PC's ship/ships, much like PC and party screen sections, we could use a separate tab for ships used by the crew where heir states could be stored, along with received damage, carried cargo, etc. Something easy to just drag from that tab to combat tracker. Currently I have the party's ship in Spacecraft menu, as a new entry in a new group, where I copied all the Far Trader stats and customized it... but it is inconvenient going through all those windows.

Hi,

Folks seem to add onto here questions and suggestions, but also in their own thread and sometimes I ask a general question and gather.

v1.2.0b has PC ships in it, you create them by creating a new PC ship, then drag the ship type into that window for it to auto populate. More work is going on adding more features to it, but it'll take time.

Cheers,
MBM

Dalton Calford
December 15th, 2020, 19:22
Hi,

Folks seem to add onto here questions and suggestions, but also in their own thread and sometimes I ask a general question and gather.

v1.2.0b has PC ships in it, you create them by creating a new PC ship, then drag the ship type into that window for it to auto populate. More work is going on adding more features to it, but it'll take time.

Cheers,
MBM

Wonderful - This is a much needed thing. Any guestimate as to when we will see 1.2b drop? I updated today and I am still only on 1.2.0a

savoylen
December 15th, 2020, 23:29
Yep... would love to see the Ship CT working!

CJR
December 15th, 2020, 23:54
There have been a couple of updates tonight. Not sure how you tell the version you are running.

Xargun
December 16th, 2020, 01:02
I believe MBM said the next patch would be the 22nd - so next Tuesday.

Xargun

MrWigggles
December 16th, 2020, 12:20
Hi MrWigggles, this is something I've been trying to think about how to do. In Traveller any item can have 'options' so I welcome any suggestions. I am working on something though, and if that works (ammo clip counters) then it opens things up.

Thanks,
MBM

From a programming it in lua? Huh. That seems tricky. If I can get something prototyped I'll give a post.

MadBeardMan
December 16th, 2020, 14:02
I believe MBM said the next patch would be the 22nd - so next Tuesday.

Xargun

Yea that's correct. Updates go out on a Tuesday, but updates need to be in on the Friday before hand. That gives me 2 evenings, and assumes I can do both (which I couldn't last week) so I missed the Friday cut off. It's ready now though, so I'm adding a few more items.

Cheers,
MBM

MadBeardMan
December 16th, 2020, 14:06
From a programming it in lua? Huh. That seems tricky. If I can get something prototyped I'll give a post.

LUA is easy stuff generally, it's fitting it in with the XML and making sure all events are taken care of.

I've got great plans for inventory - just need the time and some space to think them through, for example. I want to be able to modify any item by dropping any item that can modify it, onto it. Ie a suit of armour, drop an armour mod and it updates etc. Lots of other ideas, especially around ammo for weapons.

Cheers,
MBM

captainmidnight
January 17th, 2021, 13:48
Can't wait for all the juicy generator tables in book 5 the companion (I hope I have the right edition in mind and this version will include the tonnes of tables in it from the version I read).

MadBeardMan
January 17th, 2021, 14:29
Can't wait for all the juicy generator tables in book 5 the companion (I hope I have the right edition in mind and this version will include the tonnes of tables in it from the version I read).

If you're talking about the Mongoose Traveller Companion 2nd Edition, this one:

https://www.mongoosepublishing.com/uk/traveller-companion.html

I can't remember lots of tables, there are some for Randon Wound Locations, Starport Events etc, there are rules and ideas for alternative Traveller Character Generation, Jump Drive Technology, Poisons/Effects, Gravity and lots lots more.

It's a great resource and one I use myself a lot.

Cheers,
MBM

captainmidnight
January 17th, 2021, 16:37
If you're talking about the Mongoose Traveller Companion 2nd Edition, this one:

https://www.mongoosepublishing.com/uk/traveller-companion.html

I can't remember lots of tables, there are some for Randon Wound Locations, Starport Events etc, there are rules and ideas for alternative Traveller Character Generation, Jump Drive Technology, Poisons/Effects, Gravity and lots lots more.

It's a great resource and one I use myself a lot.

Cheers,
MBM

That sounds good.

Is there any plan to convert the Supplements such as supplement 13 Starport encounters, 14 space stations, 09 campaign guide, etc? All of these supplements have a lot of random tables that can be used to run almost completely generative games, which is something I am really into.

If you ever convert these I will buy all of the supplements instantly (I will probably end up making some of my favourite tables from these myself in the meantime - but even then I will still buy them if / when they release!).

digitalirony
February 12th, 2021, 21:12
Any updates on Pirates of Drinax? I have been watching this thread, just hoping and waiting for it to go complete.

GregRex
February 13th, 2021, 16:02
Hi digitalirony MBM created a new sticky to keep us up tp date on the MGT2 production line: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?65781-Official-Mongoose-Products-on-Fantasy-Grounds

CiceroSSBU
July 26th, 2021, 18:52
Hopefully we get hit location soon. even just a simple one where all armor is defulted to be for the whole body but editable to be partial.

MadBeardMan
July 27th, 2021, 12:26
Hopefully we get hit location soon. even just a simple one where all armor is defulted to be for the whole body but editable to be partial.

Hi,

Traveller Companion - coming very soon.

Will contain automation for: Disabling Wounds (Page 50), Combat Mishaps (Page 50), Hit Locations (Page 50/51) and Wound Effects (Page 51).

Note that ALL armour will be updated to include which of the areas it covers: Head, Arms, Torso, Legs.

I'm going through all the Core books data atm, so include this extra info.

Cheers,
MBM

CiceroSSBU
July 27th, 2021, 22:32
That sounds incredible