PDA

View Full Version : MGT2 Todo List

MadBeardMan
September 24th, 2019, 14:49
Folks,

This is my current to do list, it includes general work and specific work. I'll edit this post as more needs are added, or completed or removed.

Official Books, Adventures, Campaigns and Box sets

Reach Adventure 4 - Last Flight of the Amuar (Working on it)
Book 2 - Central Supply Catalogue (Working on it - 90% completed)
Reach Adventure 5 - The Borderland Run
Reach Adventure 6 - Exodus
Marches Adventure 2 - Mission to Mithril
Book 3 - High Guard
Pirates of Drinax Box set
Book 4 - Vehicle Handbook
Book 5 - Traveller Companion
Great Rift Box set
Element Class Cruisers Box Set

Please note that list is always subject to change, depending on player need, Mongoose needs and my own. For example, I've already started on Pirates of Drinax as I'm running it, but the Ships/Ship Combat stuff is in High Guard which won't be available for a while (it's a lot of work).

Ruleset Features

Update the 'Character Status' section on the Action Tab, to hold a 'Current Value' for all Characteristics.
Add Effects system, Unconcious, Radiation and Fire
Races have linked Traits (right now just text) that drop into the Racial Traits section, either manually or auto-fill when you drop your race selection onto your sheet
Racial Traits modify Skills or drop weapons as appropriate when applied
Careers will drop into the Career History section
Dropping a Skill into the Skills section should create specialties. Minimally, listed specialties in the Skill text should be links that can be dragged to the Skills section if applicable
Automate skill check according to armour worn
Automate Damage for Melee skills adding STR DM
Add 2nd line to Chat output for Effect results on Skill Rolls - to allow for dragging into the Mod box (1E will have this as well)
Automate the Layering of Armour suits, and which Armours can't be layered.
Automate the degradation of certain Armour suits based on the Damage Type, ie Ablat and Laser fire
Equpment - Update the Worn/Not Worn to be Not Worn/Carried/Worn (like in DnD 5E)
Armour and Weapon Modifications - for Central Supply Catalogue
Armour Characteristic Effects - for Central Supply Catalogue
Armour - Remove Kinetic as the default protection, and apply the protection, ie +3 to all damage types, except when a damage type is listed against the armour, ie Laser +6, or the Damage is Radiation, then check the Rad value
Characteristics - When these are changed, look through the skill list and update any skills using that Characteristic

If you can think of something then please comment.

Here's a list of the completed Official Works:

Book 1 - Core rulebook
Reach Adventure 1 - Marooned on Marduk
Reach Adventure 2 - Theories of Everything
Reach Adventure 3 - The Calixcuel Incident
Marches Adventure 1 - High and Dry
Spinward Marches 1 - The Bowman Arm

Cheers,
MBM

esmdev
October 27th, 2019, 18:12
Is it possible to make the World data player readable? I'd like to be able to enter information about systems and worlds that the players can read so that they can do lookups in FG and see the info that I've put into the world for them.

Honken
October 28th, 2019, 11:59
Is it possible to make the World data player readable? I'd like to be able to enter information about systems and worlds that the players can read so that they can do lookups in FG and see the info that I've put into the world for them.

Well, i did the usual tests, and you can take the world link, and drop it on a player. That worked for me.

/H

esmdev
October 28th, 2019, 14:21
I suppose I can do that, just a lot of dragging to unlock everything. It's okay though I'm going to use an alternate solution for system data.

MadBeardMan
October 28th, 2019, 18:18
I suppose I can do that, just a lot of dragging to unlock everything. It's okay though I'm going to use an alternate solution for system data.

Chap,

Let me look into adding a 'Share' option to the Worlds Data, that could be super useful.

On got it, when you are inside the World, you can right click and share that with the players - is this ok?

Cheers,
MBM

esmdev
October 28th, 2019, 19:07
Chap,

Let me look into adding a 'Share' option to the Worlds Data, that could be super useful.

Cheers,
MBM

It would be super useful. :)

MadBeardMan
October 28th, 2019, 19:32
It would be super useful. :)

Just posted onto my Twitter a screenshot. I went into a World, right-clicked, selected 'Share' and my player got access to it. I can't find an example of anywhere when you can right-click on a list of data (say Items) and then share.

Cheers,
MBM

tailesin
October 28th, 2019, 19:41
Hi,

I'm new (ish) to the forum at least and am very excited to see this progress (maybe too excited as I have already bought everything currently available.....) and 'inflict' some of the adventures on my players.

They are mostly 5e and Pathfinder people so might not be quite ready for the brutality (which I think is the best word) of the combat in Traveller let alone all of the rest of the action. Looking to, at a convenient point in this Pathfinder AP, to do the Pirates of Drinax open adventure.

Especially looking forward to your take (stolen or otherwise I hear) on the ship combat.

I like what I see so far. Good luck.

Tails........