PDA

View Full Version : FAQ's for MGT2/MGT1

MadBeardMan
September 24th, 2019, 10:56
Hi All,

This thread will show questions and answers for both current Traveller rulesets, MGT2 and MGT1. **This is a work in progress, it will be built up over time**

Q: How do I add a PC ship?
A: In the PC List, create a new ship, give it a name, and then if you want, drag an NPC ship/other ship and it will copy that ships details over to the newly created ship. Don't forget to add drag this ship into the Party Sheet Ships Tab.

Q: How do I assign crew to a PC Ship?
A: The Ship has to have been added to the Player Sheet Ship's Tab. You then can drag a players icon from their Character Sheet into the Crew Area and they'll be added as a Passenger. The player may edit their role on their Character Sheet under the Ships Tab.

Q: I'm playing 1st Edition and would like to upgrade to 2nd Edition, how can I do this
A: Check out this link, a thread that LordNanoc created for this: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50827-Migrating-PC-from-1E-to-2E-ruleset

Q: When I set my characteristic in my Skills Tab, it's reporting -3 for any characteristic as the DM. Why is this?
A: v1.1.4 introduced that Skill/Action rolls the DM is based on the 'Current' value of a characteristic. The current value is stored in the Actions Tab. Make sure those are correctly set and then the DM's will report correctly.

Q: For a new weapon in MGT2, what's the type to enter and what sub-types are supported?
A: If you wish to a new weapon, enter Weapons in the Type field. Upon leaving the Type field the fields will change. The currrent sub-types are Melee Weapons and Grenades - every other Weapon is treated as a Ranged Weapon.

Q: When we create our characters and then first enter combat, we're insta-killed because our 'Current Values' (shown on the actions tab) are all at 0.
A: When characters are made the current values are not adjusted. This is because there's no link and the reason for this, if your End during a game is reduced by 1 point (semi-perm for example) and your End current value was on 3, should that become 2? And what if it was on 0? There's a little button attached to each Current Value, click that and it resets it to Max.

Q: How can I use the UWP to create the World Data for a world
A: Up-to version 1.0.3. the UWP is based on the MGT1 format: 0407 D000300-9 S As Lo Va G this equates to HexCode Physical Stats Base Codes Trade Codes Travel Code
A: From version 1.0.3 the parser was re-written and supports the MGT1 format with/without the Hex Code.

Q: What are the Weapon Damage Types?
A: At the moment these are the currently supported and are checked against Armour. Fire damage will create ongoing damage depending on the result of the attack

kinetic
laser
psionic
radiation
energy
plasma
stun
fire
corrosive
ap*
sap*
super-a*
sonic**

* for 2300AD (Mongoose edition 1)
** for Aliens of Charted Space Volume 1 (Vargr weapons)

Q: What are the Spacecraft Weapon Damage Types?
A: At the moment these are the currently supported for Weapon Damages and are checked against Spacecraft Armour

laser
missile
ion
radiation

Q: My character has a low END and in 1E there is a side rule that allowed a different physical stat to be used.
A: New options have been added to allow each character to specify what order damage it taken off of END/STR/STA and what order they are healed as well. Whilst this isn't canon it's a fitting house rule. The Companion book (Book 5) introduces the idea of random damage

Q: I've been creating my own equipment, but I'm unsure what the RecordType field should contain.
A: Here's a list of them all, note 10+ are purely for Central Supply Catalogue (though you don't need that Module to create the data)

0 - Armour
1 - Augments
2 - Electronics, communications
3 - Computers
4 - Medical Supplies
5 - Robots and drones
6 - Sensors
7 - Survival Gear
8 - Toolkits
9 - Weapons
10 - Unused atm, was to be used for Heavy Weapons
11 - Ammunition
12 - Sighting aids
13 - Miscellaneous

Q: In the Combat Trackers, what's the iMod field for?
This allows you to add any Initiative Modifiers, which don't change the Init Result, but modify the position in the Init order.

Q: I've added a set of armour for my character, but it's not showing up in the list on the main page on the character sheet, the party sheet and doesn't remove damage?
A: When you add an item, it's marked as Carried (assuming it's less than 100kg!). There are 3 settings, Not-Carried, Carried and Worn. Armour needs to be 'Worn' to be shown on the list, party sheet, reduce damage and decrease weight.

MadBeardMan
September 24th, 2019, 10:57
[ Reserved for Future Use ]

MadBeardMan
[ Reserved for Future Use 2 ]

MadBeardMan
[ Reserved for Future Use 3 ]

esmdev
November 26th, 2019, 21:59
I was helping my roommate with some equipment he wanted to add and had to go digging deep into the forums to find the damage type list so I thought I'd drop it here in case anyone else was looking.

Damage Types available:

"kinetic"
"laser"
"psionic"
"radiation"
"stun"
"fire"

And for 2300 (part of 1E ruleset though as 2300 was built on 1E)

"SAP"
"AP"
"Super-AP"
"APHE"