PDA

View Full Version : Scrolling Issues

darkivel
November 1st, 2006, 20:03
Hi everyone! I just picked up FG and am loving it! It's the perfect solution for our gaming group which has been scattered across the country by jobs and school.

I'm having just one big problem with it. Scrolling. I'm the GM, and I keep breaking people's character sheets from two different things I've noticed.

The first is that if you have a number square selected (or on the spell sheet, sometimes nothing selected), if you mouse scroll, the numbers start to go up and down. Is there any way to disable that? If not, it's not a huge deal. I can work around it with the gold scroll button.

The other problem is larger, and possibly a real bug. If I am scrolling with the gold scroll button, and my mouse cursor is over any text when I release it, that text gets deleted. Again, does anyone know a fix for this? Our cleric keeps having to retype her spells!

Thanks!

Barbara

richvalle
November 1st, 2006, 20:54
Hello and welcome!

The number box thing is a 'feature' and is often complained about. Especially in the spell list where it sorts by spell level. I think this sort of thing will change in FG 2.0 (soon to be Beta tested).

I'm not sure about the 2nd one. Though I do think I've seen spell text disappear and I've not known why. Can anyone else try this one? I'll try it out at home today or tomorrow.

rv

Oberoten
November 1st, 2006, 22:29
Problem nr 2:

Add a <noreset \> tag to the controls and the problem should go away. :)

darkivel
November 2nd, 2006, 02:25
This is what I have done:

<windowclass name="charsheet_spellentry">
<frame name="charsheet_spellentry" />
<datasource name="spell" />
<defaultsize width="516" height="25" />
<sheetdata>
<stringcontrol name="name">
<noreset />
<bounds rect="3,5,159,20" />
</stringcontrol>
<stringcontrol name="shortdescription">
<bounds rect="245,5,268,20" />
<noreset />
</stringcontrol>

It doesn't seem to fix it.

Toadwart
November 2nd, 2006, 19:05
IT might go away with a <nodrop /> tag but I haven't tried it . . .

<noreset /> prevents the middle mouse button from 'resetting' the field (to 0 for a number control or blank for a text control)

<nodrop /> prevents data from being dropped into the field - if you drag 'invalid' data into a field. e.g. drag some text into a number field, or drag a spell link into the text field it will blank that field out
<nodrag /> prevents data being dragged(copied) out of the field

darkivel
November 2nd, 2006, 20:20
Aha! Nodrop fixed it. Thanks, guys!

Griogre
November 2nd, 2006, 20:33
The spell book mouse wheel thing is one of the most complained about thing. The only safe place to use the spell sheet and mouse wheel is right now is over the names of the spells.